Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
that's what pledges are for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm the obscured license plate so that it is harder to identify the vehicle doing illegal things

i'm the visible damage to the front bumper, a visual indicator of the safe driving habits of the operator

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
can i be the dreamcatcher hanging from the rearview mirror

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I'm the skateboard wheels

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I'm the $50 lyft ride to Venice beach that would have been like$100 in a cab

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blackula69 posted:

i'm the $50 spent to get in an unlicensed vehicle with a stranger in LA

boy, i sure hope they aren't collecting fingers

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

has there ever been a serial killer ever that preyed on kinda overweight mid-20s straight white males

I think I've aged out of any attraction I would ever have for sickos

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Blackula69 posted:

has there ever been a serial killer ever that preyed on kinda overweight mid-20s straight white males

i'm the lack of empathy for every other demographic at risk of assault

if it works for me, it must work for everybody

*causes an economic bubble that ruins the economy when reality sets in*

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Blackula69 posted:

I'm the idiot hiring any sort of cab in Los Angeles

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
im the person who hasnt killed themselves yet

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Blackula69 posted:

I'm the worthless piece of poo poo who should stop posting here.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

theadder posted:

source this terrible quote

its me

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

infernal machines posted:

lol. you can walk from any point in SF to any other in like an hour.
yes I've done the post-Outside Lands walk from Golden Gate Park to roughly that neighbourhood and not only was it a pleasant way to end a day of music it would have also saved me five tech worker Franklins

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Citizen Tayne posted:

gonna just emptyquote this forever in all threads

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
don't sign your posts.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive never taken an uber - but we recently got cabs hailable in hollywood so ive taken a couple of those

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

car services in la and new york are weird. it would be cool if there was a way to do lyft but like with licensing and reliability instead of dumb tech utopianism

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

colbylol posted:

i was a driver for uber but i sexually harassed my passenger and got a bigger tip out of it

just the tip?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

just the tip?

jtt

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

car services in la and new york are weird. it would be cool if there was a way to do lyft but like with licensing and reliability instead of dumb tech utopianism

just call a gypsy cab its not hard

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
the s-class is the best uber to get

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Blackula69 posted:

yeah, hailing a cab, getting into cab while saying where to go and then getting there is weird

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
lyft, a merkin for u r car

srsly

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PuTTY riot posted:

just call a gypsy cab its not hard

they prefer the term "roma cab"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Management posted:

I'm the idiot...in Los Angeles

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

yeah, hailing a cab, getting into cab while saying where to go and then getting there is weird

i'm the person who has never been to la and has never been outside manhattan

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

i'm the person who has never been to la and has never been outside manhattan

i live in queens and go to la at least twice a year for work but please tell me how things doing what they're meant to is weird

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just take the omnibus

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

LmaoTheKid posted:

i live in queens and go to la at least twice a year for work but please tell me how things doing what they're meant to is weird

In IT, whenever a high-impact mult-iuser upgrade works flawlessly, it's pretty weird.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

it's just odd to me that our taxis would be considered weird when to me uber and lyft imo are weird in nyc. we have outerborough taxis now so areas that used to be a pain in the rear end to get a taxi from are better (its still not perfect). i guess if you're in eastern queens/brooklyn or the bronx it makes sense (lol staten island). most of western queens and most of brooklyn proper have yellow and green cabs everywhere and you can always argue with a gypsie cab if you really need to

in LA those service makes sense because you used to not be able to hail taxis but i guess this has changed recently? but since la is so spread out the services are helpful

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
You know what else it weird? We are flying through space at 1.3million miles per hour. Like can you just imagine that?

Also mundane things impress me because I am a child and bargaining with other members of society for goods or services is shocking to me, because I am autistic.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

You know what else it weird? We are flying through space at 1.3million miles per hour. Like can you just imagine that?

Also mundane things impress me because I am a child and bargaining with other members of society for goods or services is shocking to me, because I am autistic.

really makes you think

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

LmaoTheKid posted:

it's just odd to me that our taxis would be considered weird when to me uber and lyft imo are weird in nyc. we have outerborough taxis now so areas that used to be a pain in the rear end to get a taxi from are better (its still not perfect). i guess if you're in eastern queens/brooklyn or the bronx it makes sense (lol staten island). most of western queens and most of brooklyn proper have yellow and green cabs everywhere and you can always argue with a gypsie cab if you really need to

in LA those service makes sense because you used to not be able to hail taxis but i guess this has changed recently? but since la is so spread out the services are helpful

when I was at Fordham it never took longer than 5 minutes to find a gypsy cab and they can take street hails up there, just not in white areas lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Powercrazy posted:

we have this whole spinning iron core to the planet blasting out a magnetic field to keep our atmosphere intact

mars, for example doesn't seem to have such a thing and it is a pretty bleak place on the old atmosphere front

it is pretty cool, that we have that or else we would not just be dead but rather never have come into existence

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

yeah and you've always been able to hail a cab in la, right

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

yeah and you've always been able to hail a cab in la, right

the one time ive had to use a cab in la i've called for one (which i knew i had to do in the firs tplace), still don't see why that's weird

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it's not weird. it would be cool if that was an app, though, for the tourists.

and my second night in ny i was somehow in queen's and i tried to get a cab to manhattan. that was a nightmare

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

it's not weird. it would be cool if that was an app, though, for the tourists.

and my second night in ny i was somehow in queen's and i tried to get a cab to manhattan. that was a nightmare

yep, it can be depending on where you are in queens

astoria, long island city, sunnyside, and woodside are generally fine but if you're somewhere way out east its a nightmare. but the green cabs have made things a lot better in the outer boroughs (though everyone thinks theyre just environmentally friendly cabs since they're green colored)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
alley uber

• Locked thread