Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

apple posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUkUSzL2pTE&t=484s

Shadow mode Labrys has unblockable setups :stare:

Red axe brutal impact should be 4.8k if it's anything like P4A

Yeah between shadow mode Labrys and S. Naoto I'm interested enough to play them despite their short comings just because of how cool the set ups are.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Endorph posted:

Did you play The Answer? Because it's pretty clear Yu's beating up on the door and/or erebus in that non-fake image.

That looks absolutely nothing like Erebus. http://i.imgur.com/cAnO6er.jpg

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Oh man, there are some pretty heavy spoilers flying around right now about this game, can't tell what's true and what's been distorted by word of mouth

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

We've got ourselves a DLC schedule now:

Adachi: 9/4
Marie: :911:
Margaret: 9/25

As for Margaret, her localized title is The Sadistic Stud-Keeping Secretary, her AoA is a teleport, her sweep is basically Slidehead, and she's incredibly fast. That's all I could gather from news from a stream that I apparently missed. Oh well. Additionally, it looks like Adachi's got access to Fear, Poison, Paralyze, and Rage thus far.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 26, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just FYI for those asking about the accent, Shadow Labrys has her accent now, making her the best version of Labrys even more.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No seriously they better have a good reason for not giving Labs her accent.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
so are they like trying to ruin this dub on purpose

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also if anyone has any vids they want to give me to add to the second post while I'm hunting them down on Dustloop go ahead and send them to me. I already know of a few vids I can add, but there are some I will no doubt miss and the help in showing off everyones favs would be appreciate. Preferably it would be from the 1.1 patch since I believe that's what the console version is based off of, but there's always room for silly poo poo too.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Three or more voice changes since the original P4, taking away Labrys' accent-- Persona games used to be one of the few series who had a decent English dub, and then they swapped out the good ones for crap, ruining Labrys even more (and not buffing her at all), what is their deal over there

FauxGateau posted:

does Adachi talk like snidely whiplash in this one too?

Yes. it sounds like he's trying to do a bad impression of japanese Adachi, but it's not menacing or creepy at all

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

so are they like trying to ruin this dub on purpose

edit: ugh... well I guess they don't have much of a choice at this point.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 26, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FauxGateau posted:

Why don't you go ahead and have a look at his English trailer in the op?

Yes.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
New labrys trailer fresh out, accent seems more or less intact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0TixA6aSZQ

Thank GOD

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It seems I was misinformed, if you'll excuse me I have a man to go choke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

why would you toy with our hearts like this

maybe her jp voice actress dropped the kansai accent and that was what they were talking about?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eh, I'm not gonna worry too much about it. It's a silly mistake and I will edit it when I add the new English trailers and update the second post with match vids and Shadow character stuff.

Or maybe this is a lie too?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Looks like Chie and Ken are also out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GLsWlXQHYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwmO3I90gZw

Ken Sounds Weird

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

To be fair he's like 13, every 13 year old boy sounds weird.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ken is being voiced by Cindy Robinson? Oh my god, this localization team knows exactly what they're doing.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
shoulda given ken a man voice. He looks pretty loving old for an eight grader

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So has it hit the psn store yet? I've seen reports of such.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

TheManSeries posted:

So has it hit the psn store yet? I've seen reports of such.

.... It was just leaked early a few days ago, it's not out for a little while yet. Atlus also has a "NO SPOILERS" warning up on the site in response to the leak, with Shadow Teddie threatening to curse anyone who ruins the game for others.

Also does anyone know of a chart with the "official" story of Arena? Like what specific dialogue and routes actually happened in canon? Because it is impossible for every route to have happened if they were getting each other trapped in rooms with invisible walls.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You should probably just assume every route happened then, because you are never getting a full outline of what actually was canon.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Alright. I'm definitely doing the import version and that was what I was referencing. I'll be keeping an eye out.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beef Waifu posted:

Pre-order uncancelled, sorry guy about to get choked.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The wiki for Arena mentions this:

quote:

As Elizabeth continues on her journey, she stops by at the gate of death to defeat Erebus, who comes back about once a year (she picks it up with one hand, throws it through a portal to the moon, then kills it in one hit with Thanatos).

I did not know this, that is hilarious. Liz is a loving boss.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have updated the OP to add the new trailers for character, fix some char descriptions and the second post now has a little summary about Shadow characters, their utility, and some combo videos for the really threatening ones. I will be adding more match vids to that and possibly a mechanics glossary if I feel like it after I get back home.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Excels posted:

Also does anyone know of a chart with the "official" story of Arena? Like what specific dialogue and routes actually happened in canon? Because it is impossible for every route to have happened if they were getting each other trapped in rooms with invisible walls.

I assumed it was something Like Yu's, Elizabeth's, and Labrys's modes put together since they're all kind of separate and protagonist-y.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I assumed it was something Like Yu's, Elizabeth's, and Labrys's modes put together since they're all kind of separate and protagonist-y.

I'm just going with the idea that the most important parts of each character's story happened. Chie met Akihiko, Teddie was Labrys' knight, Yu battled Liz, Aigis and Yosuke fought, Mitsuru was awesome, just stuff like that. If anything, I feel like the only canon parts of Liz's story were the intro and epilogue, and probably the fight with Yu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The best thing you can do with a story like Arena's is just replay it and then play Ultimax and figure out what carried over from everyone's story, because that's what's canon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DLC characters gamplay footage, I think all of the VAs are commentating in this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV9CC9mAOx8

EDIT: Ah poo poo, Marge's glasses are butterfly masks.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 26, 2014

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
I'm shocked that nobody linked this match video of Persona 4 Arena 2 which is an extremely honest game that I look forward to playing seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-4GQEZLJE4

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mio Bison posted:

I'm shocked that nobody linked this match video of Persona 4 Arena 2 which is an extremely honest game that I look forward to playing seriously:

:geno:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

lmao holy hell with that shadow mitsuru combo, looks outrageous. the other player couldn't move for like a full 20 seconds, just watching helplessly as they were destroyed.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mio Bison posted:

Welp

Also the execution on that Shadow Mitsuru stuff is pretty insane. If I remember correctly he is triggering the icicles off one of the supers one by one while hes comboing and cancelling into One More supers or whatever.

The infinite SP for shadows thing might have been a bad idea!!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Endorph posted:

why would you toy with our hearts like this

maybe her jp voice actress dropped the kansai accent and that was what they were talking about?

Kinda late, but yeah, the JP VA drops the Kansai accent... for SHADOW Labrys. Regular Labrys still speaks Kansai, while Shadow Labrys talks like a Yakuza.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Welp

Also the execution on that Shadow Mitsuru stuff is pretty insane. If I remember correctly he is triggering the icicles off one of the supers one by one while hes comboing and cancelling into One More supers or whatever.

The infinite SP for shadows thing might have been a bad idea!!

The problem with shadow characters is they aren't good enough and Elizabeth has like garbage health too, soooooooo...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

The problem with shadow characters is they aren't good enough and Elizabeth has like garbage health too, soooooooo...

Yeah I keep hearing everywhere that they're universally considered not good for the most part, but also one hit kill combos that are as long as Litchi combos from the second BB don't look fun either

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh, hey, an archived stream showing off the DLC characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV9CC9mAOx8

Margaret looks nuts, holy drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Some of Marie's moves reminds me of Arakune and Rachel from BB.

• Locked thread