Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Widestancer posted:

Look at the cult of kefka member here

Who doesn't love the cok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it is cool to kill a lot of people for no reason and just laugh about it, like kefka

it is not cool to kill a lot of people and babble some dumb poo poo about your mom, like sephiroth

kefka is cool

sephiroth is not cool

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
kefka had better end boss music

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Concordat posted:

look at this good post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ff9 final bosses have better themes tho

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Coolguye posted:

ultros is more imp

dont tease the octopus, imps

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

darealkooky posted:

other cool things sephiroth did:

-buncha poo poo

most if not all of that was done by jenova pretending to be sephiroth, sephiroth is dead and gay.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Concordat posted:

most if not all of that was done by jenova pretending to be sephiroth, sephiroth is dead and gay.

then jenova is cool + the villian of final fantasy 7, what loving difference does it make?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

darealkooky posted:

then jenova is cool + the villian of final fantasy 7, what loving difference does it make?

because this is about sephiroth and you inaccurately attributed those things to sephiroth

pay attention, GUH!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Concordat posted:

nah. jenova doesn't really exist as a person, just as an infectious disease that sephiroth can manipulate because he grew up with jenova infecting him and SOLDIERS/Cloud didn't. this is something that's only spelled out in the videos at icicle inn tho so it's not something most people see.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

from what I remember the only things Sephiroth did were:
-find out he was an alien baby
-flip out and burn down a town
-get killed by a faceless shinra soldier named cloud

I forget if his corpse got strung up in the northern crater by hojo or jenova or if he is still dead at the bottom of the ravine but he ultimately didn't do much.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 24, 2014

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
serious post does any other game apart from ffvi have you lose so spectacularly badly halfway through?? there's a loving apocalypse and it only picks again up a year after the event and it's like final fantasy fallout or something

i know ffv did something similar but you hopped onto another planet and it was all ok in the end. kefka basically set back civilization centuries and i can't think of any game before or since to do that

edit: i guess in ffix kuja destroys the planet terra but who gives a poo poo it was a weird parasite planet full of clones

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Yeah its hard to think of a game that goes all Empire Strikes Back in the middle of the story like that.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

serious post does any other game apart from ffvi have you lose so spectacularly badly halfway through?? there's a loving apocalypse and it only picks again up a year after the event and it's like final fantasy fallout or something

i know ffv did something similar but you hopped onto another planet and it was all ok in the end. kefka basically set back civilization centuries and i can't think of any game before or since to do that

fe4 has 90% of the cast die and satanists resurrect the antichrist to rule the world about halfway through

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Concordat posted:

yes, but his is only good when it becomes tarkus and sephiroth's is bad by default because it is boring latin orchestra

if you want real good final boss music look to ffix and viii which don't take 1 million years to get to the good part

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

fire emblem: genealogy of holy war has two parts

at the end of the first part you kill the main antagonist and your buddy arvis is like 'woah good job guys here's a parade

of fire' and then him and like twenty other dudes set your entire party on fire and declares himself king of everything

the second part takes place like 15 years later and has all the party's kids (who were born pre-fire obviously) and like 3 other dudes fighting arvis and his kids

it's p. good

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

yes, but his is only good when it becomes tarkus and sephiroth's is bad by default because it is boring latin orchestra

if you want real good final boss music look to ffix and viii which don't take 1 million years to get to the good part

birth of a god is a better song than one winged angel but is criminally overlooked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwQnEfbh0U

edit: also i will look into fe4 because that sounds like my poo poo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Concordat posted:

i recently discovered the last part of Dancing Mad and i'm hooked

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

birth of a god is a better song than one winged angel but is criminally overlooked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwQnEfbh0U

edit: also i will look into fe4 because that sounds like my poo poo

I like Birth of a God too, but it feels a lot more like it'd fit as a mid-game boss theme than final boss theme

one-winged angel is a good final boss theme it's just boring as poo poo and overused, there's only version of the song i really like and it's in crisis core where there's more to the song than chanting

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T7FlxbO50Y

"The World's Enemy" is a super good title

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ff tactics maybe, but it wasn't really a good vs evil game except for when you're fighting the zodiac monsters.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

it's not in the genre of 'gay games for gaymers (jrpgs)' but saints row 4 literally has aliens blow up the earth 1/3rd of the way into the game because you made the Big Bad upset

when your character starts screaming at the Big Bad for killing billions of people, the Big Bad simply shrugs and says 'Oops.'

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 24, 2014

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Coolguye posted:

it's not in the genre of 'gay games for gaymers (jrpgs)' but saints row 4 literally has aliens blow up the earth 1/3rd of the way into the game because you made the Big Bad upset

when your character starts screaming at the Big Bad for killing billions of people, the Big Bad simply shrugs and says 'Oops.'

gently caress. That's pretty drat badass. Literally.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I like Birth of a God too, but it feels a lot more like it'd fit as a mid-game boss theme than final boss theme

one-winged angel is a good final boss theme it's just boring as poo poo and overused, there's only version of the song i really like and it's in crisis core where there's more to the song than chanting

well I'm sorry but here's your new favorite version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTED9CABsHE

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
you are right

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

edit: i guess in ffix kuja destroys the planet terra but who gives a poo poo it was a weird parasite planet full of clones

the way it worked out in ffv was that you accidently destroyed the world, then most of the party got captured and had to be saved, then they blundered into trouble and had to destroy the second world's crystals and the old man saved them again(and died) and then the worlds merged and exdeath got ultimate power and literally started hurling chunks of the world into the void

so you had to fly an airship into the cobbled up collection of exiled bits of the world to stab him in the face

but first he gains ultimate power and you have to fight this psycho time/space tree thing and then the ghosts of the previous party have to save the current party from oblivion

ffv is p. much the pinnacle of ff heroes loving up hard

edit: well i guess there's always ff2 where 90% of the world's population gets wiped out before you finally get around to stopping the emperor who then takes over hell and heaven and summons his hell castle out of hell to try and kill the rest of the world, that was pretty metal

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Concordat posted:

well I'm sorry but here's your new favorite version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTED9CABsHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEdl_WUX89M

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Final Fantasy is terrible and the villains are terrible but the music owns

Thanks for reading this post brought to you by Mach, a leading authority on opinions nobody gives a poo poo about

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mach2 posted:

Mach, a leading authority on opinions nobody gives a poo poo about

are you trying to steal taint reaper's title?

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

are you trying to steal taint reaper's title?

I'm not skilled enough at throwing down truth bombs while simultaneously being painfully wrong. Taint Reaper still owns that schtick.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't know anything about FF4's storyline but its final boss music is also very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FncYFCrkF5c

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

That theme is neat cause it used a leitmotif from another song in the game. I think the world map theme? Dancing Mad does a similar thing with the starting music and Kefka's theme.

Edit: and the previously mentioned tarkus plus Toccata and Fugue

Concordat fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 24, 2014

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

i don't know anything about FF4's storyline but its final boss music is also very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FncYFCrkF5c

bless him, moon!

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Effectronica posted:

fe4 has 90% of the cast die and satanists resurrect the antichrist to rule the world about halfway through

That actually sounds loving sick as hell and I wanna play that while I poo poo but is there a good translation?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gay skull posted:

That actually sounds loving sick as hell and I wanna play that while I poo poo but is there a good translation?
fe4 is for the snes

also there's a translation but it's not fantastic. it works but the ending text is all garbled. That said at least the dialogue sorta flows and it doesn't fall into the 'Sigurd-sama-chan' pit of fan translations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kefka should have been smothered to death when Figaro Castle plunged deep into the sand as it was burning. Kefka should not have survived.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Jenova did all of it except the dragon part.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Kefka was a magical juggalo who made bad puns as he murdered children and danced like a moron as he marched to battle.

He's one of the most legit video game villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Anime Device posted:

Kefka should have been smothered to death when Figaro Castle plunged deep into the sand as it was burning. Kefka should not have survived.

are you saying it was an inside job?

:aaaaa:

• Locked thread