Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

echronorian posted:

How many p's will the game feature?

it doesnt matter about the p only the colours, of which there are many and bright, so this is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Crafty posted:

The 'speed lines' are actually an 'amp' that can be turned on or off. Please don't post in the Samsung overdrive thread if you don't know the real facts.

But if you turn them off how will I know how fast I was going?!

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

VideoGames posted:

it doesnt matter about the p only the colours, of which there are many and bright, so this is good!
Azure, lavender, tangerine and teal splash across the screen with exquisite abandon, illuminating a 3D easel of vim and vigor.

This is Sunset Overdrive, a game that has embraced the visual possibilities of new consoles with an almost child-like lack of restraint. Every inch of this rapidly moving world is saturated with glow and hue. It is a madcap celebration of color and of movement.

Insomniac has left behind the grays and browns of its stern Resistance series from the last generation. Like a defrocked cleric who finds love in the arms of a plump bassoonist, the company has embraced the delicious freedom of a new beginning, by being as naughty and as cheeky as possible.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rastor posted:

Azure, lavender, tangerine and teal splash across the screen with exquisite abandon, illuminating a 3D easel of vim and vigor.

This is Sunset Overdrive, a game that has embraced the visual possibilities of new consoles with an almost child-like lack of restraint. Every inch of this rapidly moving world is saturated with glow and hue. It is a madcap celebration of color and of movement.

Insomniac has left behind the grays and browns of its stern Resistance series from the last generation. Like a defrocked cleric who finds love in the arms of a plump bassoonist, the company has embraced the delicious freedom of a new beginning, by being as naughty and as cheeky as possible.

holy poo poo i never thoughtd i'd see this again. adding to op.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

this game is cool because it's actually colorful and because insomniac make really fun weapons to use in their games. this will probably be for the xbox one what jet set radio future was for the xbox one

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Organs posted:

this game is cool because it's actually colorful and because insomniac make really fun weapons to use in their games. this will probably be for the xbox one what jet set radio future was for the xbox one

As evidenced by noted extremely fun Insomniac games, Resistance 2, Resistance 3 Ratchet All 4 One and Ratchet Quest for Booty.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Is this game hard at all? All gameplay videos i saw the player would slowly grind on some rails, shoot some stuff, jump, shoot some stuff and then do grind some more. Didn't seem like the enemies were even fighting back.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

apparently they designed it kinda like the floor is lava so if you miss a jump or rail you're totally hosed cause you get swarmed by all the monsters. cool idea imo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

also how did i ever miss this???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama_(video_game)

Cut scenes from this game are on the dvd of The Beast with a Billion Backs.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

echronorian posted:

How many p's will the game feature?

900p 30 fps

Pretty disappointing, really - just like the rest of this game.

And KERRRAZZZY weapons are Insomniac's forte, so you just know this game will be good!

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Any word on preorder bonuses or special editions or whether we will be able to preload? I am Legitimately Excited for this xbone exclusive.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Organs posted:

apparently they designed it kinda like the floor is lava so if you miss a jump or rail you're totally hosed cause you get swarmed by all the monsters. cool idea imo

Floor is Lava unironically rules. They should put this quote on the box.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

btdubs thread tag is wrong you picked the Xbox 1 (first Xbox) instead of the Xbox One (third Xbox) :rolleyes:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

Floor is Lava unironically rules. They should put this quote on the box.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Fame Douglas posted:

900p 30 fps

Pretty disappointing, really - just like the rest of this game.

And KERRRAZZZY weapons are Insomniac's forte, so you just know this game will be good!

I didn't see that confirmed anywhere, did you? I imagine that will be about right though. Hypothetically speaking, what resolution would your PC be able to attain? Do you find yourself getting angry at the PC monitor industry for not building displays capable of resolutions which keep up with your water cooled personal computer?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crafty posted:

I didn't see that confirmed anywhere, did you? I imagine that will be about right though. Hypothetically speaking, what resolution would your PC be able to attain? Do you find yourself getting angry at the PC monitor industry for not building displays capable of resolutions which keep up with your water cooled personal computer?

Actually, there are plenty of great monitors available for purchase. Myself, I'm playing at a full 2560x1600.

And Xbone has a terrible netbook GPU - developer has confirmed it, even including a generic excuse for Xbone's lack in processing power: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/25/sunset-overdrive-dev-its-the-biggest-game-weve-ever-made?+main+twitter

quote:

What happened for developers not using the Kinect is that there was a slight boost in CPU power that we got to take advantage of. This game really does push the limits when it comes to the number of enemies on screen, so it was useful for us to have more CPU juice to help with physics, navigation and AI. We’re running at 900p and 30 fps native. This is a game with a lot on the screen and we made the choice to be at 900 because we wanted to push the level of detail, action, the size of the city and the views you can experience as move around. What’s great about Sunset Overdrive is if you can see it, you can go there."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
if you didnt enjoy racther and clankts weapons then i am smh

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Crafty posted:

I didn't see that confirmed anywhere, did you?
i saw it hours ago: http://www.totalxbox.com/81393/sunset-overdrive-runs-at-900p-and-30-frames-a-second/

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Gonna enjoy shooting pink zombies at any amount of p's, hope that helps

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Gonna enjoy shooting pink zombies at any amount of p's, hope that helps

it certainly does :) buy games, enjoy games, game with friends. this is my motto. it doesn't matter what i think of anything, just what you in your heart think

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

VideoGames posted:

it certainly does :) buy games, enjoy games, game with friends. this is my motto. it doesn't matter what i think of anything, just what you in your heart think

hearts don't think

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Argas posted:

hearts don't think

tell that to my heart :smith:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hey guys, I've been in a coma since 1994 and just woke up. Thinking about getting a rad Xbone for this game, it looks totally sweet. Can you 'board in this, and does Alice in Chains do the whole soundtrack? I'm assuming they're still the baddest band.

edit: Maybe Live! is on the soundtrack?

are oakleys good gaming glasses

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Argas posted:

hearts don't think

farts don't stink

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I am Officially Excited about this game!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Looking for a game to play with my Korean girlfriend and I think this is it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I am excited to play this game on Steam. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
even though i am the brave op of the thread, i regret to inform all that i will be relying on second hand information in regards to what the game is like to play as i do not own an xbox in order to play it.

this of this thread as a creche, i am a care worker and you are all my little children and i watch andlisten to your playground banter about the game

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

samsung overdrive needs more dancing like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf6naKIIuf0

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Organs posted:

samsung overdrive needs more dancing like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf6naKIIuf0

Also, that song.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I don't think Insomniac understands the concept of love.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

why is a game that's supposedly all about speed look slow as molasses and not 60fps? seems like a dumb oversight to me tbqh.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Doflamingo posted:

why is a game that's supposedly all about speed look slow as molasses and not 60fps? seems like a dumb oversight to me tbqh.

Could you fit that amount of badical content in 60 frames per second? No. You can't. You'd have to dilute it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Return to a simpler time, when it was the '90s and the frame rate on 3D video games was in the teens.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

Return to a simpler time, when it was the '90s and the frame rate on 3D video games was in the teens.
On consoles, maybe. In the arcades, you had Daytona running a solid 60.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Great Joe posted:

I don't think Insomniac understands the concept of love.

Maybe they feel like a bulldozer trying to catch a butterfly.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Great Joe posted:

On consoles, maybe. In the arcades, you had Daytona running a solid 60.

cant we all just embrace the idea that ps and frames are worthless if a game is poor? what if this game turns out to be ok? i dont see it happening, but the chance is there. until it is out in the open we must band together with hope

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Early consoles had 60 fps easily

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Widestancer posted:

Early consoles had 60 fps easily

Early consoles had to run at 60 fps. Hell, the Atari 2600 did sub-frame processing to get maximum power out of it (and also to con the console into displaying more simultaneous colors than it should have been capable of).

What I'm saying is the Xbone wouldn't be having these problems if they went with wood paneling for the console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Bring Back CRTs

• Locked thread