Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Ralp posted:

goldmine

second.

bombsweeper and Mario's Bombs Away are great, and both in Game & Watch Gallery 4. All of these games made it into the G&W Gallery series at least once (Game Boy Gallery for the rest of the world.)

The first game was a no-frills re-skin of five of the games, unchanged gameplay but new graphics and Super Game Boy support, and never got a US release. It's pretty boring and non-essential thanks to the later games but cool as a curiosity.

Also, Ball was in the Game Boy Camera.

edit: holy poo poo some of those images on the box would make noice avatars

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Complexcalibur posted:

Game and Watch Gallery 2 was one of my favorite games. I don't know if that counts.

was that this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7_D0zmCrts?

cause that one was great. i played that a lot

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

list of ftw game and wtaches:

ball - a simple classic. the first game and watch, and the first appearance of the character that would later be known as Mr. Game & Watch.

flagman - it's basically simon but theres a man with flags. i haven't played the original much, but as a child i spent a lot of car time playing the remade version in wario land 2, Flagman D.D

vermin - whack the moles. whack em!! they get real fast. fast moles.

fire - a bunch of people are jumping out a burning bulding (9/11.... lmao!) and you're two ambulance workers holding a stretcher. you gotta bounce them from the building to the ambulance with the stretcher, because that's totally safer and they wont die from being launched a dozen feet in the air and landing on the roof of an ambulance... noice thinking, guys... :rolleyes:

helmet - there was a fifth horsman of the apocolypse and he is raining down tools non-stop from the sky. we're talking hammers, wrenches, heavy poo poo. you and your infinite supply of friends need to run across your yard to the shed or whatever that other building is for some reason, and you DON'T want to get bonked on the head by the tools. ouchie

parachute - a bunch of idiots are jumpin out of a helicopter into a shark pit, and you are the little man in the little boat trying to catch them before they die like they deserve to

octopus - oc. to. pus. this game loving pwns. you're three divers trying to get the treasure but theres a big rear end OCTOPUS that doesnt want you to. all his octo arms extend to try and grab you as you jump out of the boat, get the treasure, and get back to the boat. if he grabs you..... youre loving dead. he strangles u and you drown. you're hosed.

chef - ayyy i makea da pizza actually there's no pizza here, sadly. youre the windows 95 of chefs and you need to multitask by flipping three foods in the air at the same time with your frying pan. theres a shithead cat with a fork that likes to grab the food and hold it for a bit before letting it go, someone call the health inspector

oil panic - OIL PANIICCCCC!!!!!! this things got TWo screens, like the nintendo ds line of products excepts its from the 80s! whoa. the top screen is zoomed in on you, on the top floor of a multi-story gas station (??????) and theres oil leaking from the ceiling. you have a bucket in each hand and need to catch the drops of oil, each bucket can hold 3 drops. oil hits the ground? youre burned alive. bucket overflows? you're BURNED ALIVE. either situation sounds bad so what can you do? throw that poo poo out the window dude. you have windows on either side of the screen + a friend who is moving across the gas station on the bottom screen. throw the oil to the friend and well it's his problem now get hosed friend. if the friend isnt there when you throw the oil out you'll dump it on some nice people filling up their cars and they'll get really mad. smooth move, exlax.

donkey kong - another dual screen game. its baely like the arcade classic, but its fun its got a nice rhythm to it. run up a couple of girders jumping over barrels on the bottom screen, then at the top screen you gotta hit a switch then make a flying leap onto a construction crane to get to where the big ape is and unhook one of the latches holding his platform up. do this 5 times and it's Kurtains for Kong.

rain shower - it's raining out but you NEED your clothes to air dry. there is no other option. manage four clothes lines and move the clothes out of the way of the rain drops or else... you're all wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mario's bombs away - mario got drafted into the army and assigned to the bomb squad, you need to run across the jungle and get the bomb to the other side. simple? not so much... there's a bunch of assholes with matches in the trees that are trying to blow up your bomb, and to make matters worse some LAZY soldier decided hanging out on an overturned leaking oil barrel smoking cigarettes was a great idea. it's not a great idea. he throws the cigaretts behind him all nonchalantly when hes done and a flame travels across the oil trail at the bottom. i hate that fucker he should be discharged... from a canon, into the sun :c00l: but you need to hold the bomb high or low depending on the situation to get it to safety, and not die

bombsweeper - this has 2 screens but the top one doesnt really do anything its just a decoration really. you gotta go into the underground maze and find all the bombs before the city blows up. an intrepid homebrewer ported this to the nes long ago. the top screen just shows your boss goofin around... get to work boss.

beep

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

absolutely anything posted:

list of ftw game and wtaches:

ball - a simple classic. the first game and watch, and the first appearance of the character that would later be known as Mr. Game & Watch.

flagman - it's basically simon but theres a man with flags. i haven't played the original much, but as a child i spent a lot of car time playing the remade version in wario land 2, Flagman D.D

vermin - whack the moles. whack em!! they get real fast. fast moles.

fire - a bunch of people are jumping out a burning bulding (9/11.... lmao!) and you're two ambulance workers holding a stretcher. you gotta bounce them from the building to the ambulance with the stretcher, because that's totally safer and they wont die from being launched a dozen feet in the air and landing on the roof of an ambulance... noice thinking, guys... :rolleyes:

helmet - there was a fifth horsman of the apocolypse and he is raining down tools non-stop from the sky. we're talking hammers, wrenches, heavy poo poo. you and your infinite supply of friends need to run across your yard to the shed or whatever that other building is for some reason, and you DON'T want to get bonked on the head by the tools. ouchie

parachute - a bunch of idiots are jumpin out of a helicopter into a shark pit, and you are the little man in the little boat trying to catch them before they die like they deserve to

octopus - oc. to. pus. this game loving pwns. you're three divers trying to get the treasure but theres a big rear end OCTOPUS that doesnt want you to. all his octo arms extend to try and grab you as you jump out of the boat, get the treasure, and get back to the boat. if he grabs you..... youre loving dead. he strangles u and you drown. you're hosed.

chef - ayyy i makea da pizza actually there's no pizza here, sadly. youre the windows 95 of chefs and you need to multitask by flipping three foods in the air at the same time with your frying pan. theres a shithead cat with a fork that likes to grab the food and hold it for a bit before letting it go, someone call the health inspector

oil panic - OIL PANIICCCCC!!!!!! this things got TWo screens, like the nintendo ds line of products excepts its from the 80s! whoa. the top screen is zoomed in on you, on the top floor of a multi-story gas station (??????) and theres oil leaking from the ceiling. you have a bucket in each hand and need to catch the drops of oil, each bucket can hold 3 drops. oil hits the ground? youre burned alive. bucket overflows? you're BURNED ALIVE. either situation sounds bad so what can you do? throw that poo poo out the window dude. you have windows on either side of the screen + a friend who is moving across the gas station on the bottom screen. throw the oil to the friend and well it's his problem now get hosed friend. if the friend isnt there when you throw the oil out you'll dump it on some nice people filling up their cars and they'll get really mad. smooth move, exlax.

donkey kong - another dual screen game. its baely like the arcade classic, but its fun its got a nice rhythm to it. run up a couple of girders jumping over barrels on the bottom screen, then at the top screen you gotta hit a switch then make a flying leap onto a construction crane to get to where the big ape is and unhook one of the latches holding his platform up. do this 5 times and it's Kurtains for Kong.

rain shower - it's raining out but you NEED your clothes to air dry. there is no other option. manage four clothes lines and move the clothes out of the way of the rain drops or else... you're all wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mario's bombs away - mario got drafted into the army and assigned to the bomb squad, you need to run across the jungle and get the bomb to the other side. simple? not so much... there's a bunch of assholes with matches in the trees that are trying to blow up your bomb, and to make matters worse some LAZY soldier decided hanging out on an overturned leaking oil barrel smoking cigarettes was a great idea. it's not a great idea. he throws the cigaretts behind him all nonchalantly when hes done and a flame travels across the oil trail at the bottom. i hate that fucker he should be discharged... from a canon, into the sun :c00l: but you need to hold the bomb high or low depending on the situation to get it to safety, and not die

bombsweeper - this has 2 screens but the top one doesnt really do anything its just a decoration really. you gotta go into the underground maze and find all the bombs before the city blows up. an intrepid homebrewer ported this to the nes long ago. the top screen just shows your boss goofin around... get to work boss.

You forgot Zelda.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
but the real question is

would you have sex with mr. game & watch???

i would

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I like the artwork for the game and watch gallery games on the boxart and stuff, and i like how they put mario and friends into the game and watch games, but i think theyre pretty boring overall. That being said, if game and watch gallery 2 was on the virtual console id buy it. Its out in JP and europe but not in North America for some reason.

yes it is? http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/4q1oxtfimmgk3ephpjtc5baz9dyajhhi

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

did anyone ever play that one club Nintendo reward game and watch thing that was a combination of parachute and octopus?

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

he walks around while looking back and forth like he got no idea what's goin' on

"what, a third dimension, hosed up" -mr. game & watch (nintendo got away this because he only speaks in beeps)

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

but the real question is

would you have sex with mr. game & watch???

i would

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

...that is probably the worst game and watch costume ever

but I probably would

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
How many people in this thread knew Mr. Game and Watch was in DKCR without Googling it just right now

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

that's legit pretty cool

I would be a-okay with a g&w redesign along these lines

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gyra_Solune posted:

that's legit pretty cool

I would be a-okay with a g&w redesign along these lines

how loving old are you.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

It wasnt there last time i looked,but thanks for the heads up. I am going to buy it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Kelp Plankton posted:

did anyone ever play that one club Nintendo reward game and watch thing that was a combination of parachute and octopus?

i did, and i didnt care for it. its a neat idea but the two games aren't combined well, it's just "you are playing parachute oh now it's time to play octopus! ok now go play parachute again". the two games don't affect each other, unless you count missing in parachute and missing in octopus going into the same counter. NOT recommended

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

im the box that says XXL

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Prodigal T-REX posted:

im the box that says XXL

those are eggs.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Gyra_Solune posted:

those are eggs.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the eggs hatched :)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

there's a trophy for oil panic in the new smash brothers, and they have it on a single screen game and watch unit instead of a multi screen. this is insanely hosed up.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

how the gently caress are you supposed to play oil panic like this. what in the hell nintendo.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
that's HORRIBLE

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
glad i didnt buy it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Discount Viscount posted:

second.

bombsweeper and Mario's Bombs Away are great, and both in Game & Watch Gallery 4. All of these games made it into the G&W Gallery series at least once (Game Boy Gallery for the rest of the world.)

The first game was a no-frills re-skin of five of the games, unchanged gameplay but new graphics and Super Game Boy support, and never got a US release. It's pretty boring and non-essential thanks to the later games but cool as a curiosity.

Also, Ball was in the Game Boy Camera.

edit: holy poo poo some of those images on the box would make noice avatars

This was my first Game Boy Pocket game. The music was awesome.

Game & Watch Gallery 4 is probably the best one, but you should use cheat codes or a completed save file since otherwise it'd take forever to unlock them all, especially Zelda.

• Locked thread