Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirmed that i am vt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Confirming that I am delta here even though I'm alpha irl

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I want to personally thank Asiina for making me Quark. Asiina no matter what Rarity says you are cool in my book.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you're not supposed to scumclaim in your first post

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Looks like someone's not getting their drink discount today.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I sekritly am okay with Voyager as a star trek fan especially when it comes to SeVeN o' NINER

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

HOW'D YOU GET A PICTURE OF ME THIS IS VERY SERIOUS. DID YOU GO ON A FILE ON MY COMPUTER?? I HAVE HEARD OF THIS CYBER HACKING. AMERICA IS LOSING A DIGITAL WAR

I'm a chinese cyber hacker I'm in your webs and all over your tubes!

I'm also confirming

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

sci-fi fashion doesn't seem very practical, it looks like you'd have to take the whole thing off to use the toilet.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Puntification posted:

sci-fi fashion doesn't seem very practical, it looks like you'd have to take the whole thing off to use the toilet.

in the 23rd century, your pee pee and poo poo are beamed out of you

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Nah it has unstable molecules or nanofabric or something. You just think you have to use the bathroom and it creates an opening.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

Nah it has unstable molecules or nanofabric or something. You just think you have to use the bathroom and it creates an opening.

This seems like it would backfire and people would inappropriately think about the bathroom all the time and BAM! their junk is all hanging out on the bridge.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Its a good way of finding out who the space pervs are.

Now here is a very important question. What is the best series of Star Trek and also the best Star Trek movie? This will be informing my voting preferences.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I like the one with the whales.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

Now here is a very important question. What is the best series of Star Trek and also the best Star Trek movie? This will be informing my voting preferences.

I literally have no strong opinions on anything star trek related, I used to watch it cos it was on just after I got back from school.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I like the one with the whales.

When the hell did the SA forums get Monstergeddon Gang tags???

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The writers of Star Trek: Voyager sit in their conference room. The Next Generation had finished less than a year earlier and Deep Space Nine was coming into its own, but it was time to distinguish themselves from these two shows. They were gonna have a lot of Pizzazz, thinking outside the box, cutting edge, xtreme storylines to set themselves apart. A female captain who went from caring and motherly to crazy fascist dictator? Hell yeah. A whole new quadrant to explore so they didn't ever have to use the established species of the universe, but find ways to jimmy them in sometimes for old times sake? Of course! A wacky alien to act as morale officer and ship's cook? He'll be the most popular character!

The ideas were flowing and nothing was off limits. They would have stories to last years.

One of the newer writers, just a trumped up intern, threw out the idea "What if Janeway is trapped on a planet and befriends a monkey! I know they are on the other side of the galaxy on a completely alien world, but it could just be her cute monkey friend."

"That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. We won't have those kinds of moronic storylines ruining our show!"

Poque, Janeway's Monkey Friend, Delta Quadrant aligned vanilla, was rejected for production N0.

It is now Day 1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (11): Dr. Hurt, EXAKT Science, Met, Murmur Twin, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Puntification, Quidnose, Rarity, Rascyc, Somberbrero

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 07th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

I want everyone to answer this question. Once about half have responded I'll answer as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Enterprise and Insurrection

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Confirming that I know nothing about anything Star Trek related!

I got Yoda

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

When the hell did the SA forums get Monstergeddon Gang tags???

They were handing them out at the cool kid convention.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Deep Space Nine and First Contact

gtfo if you don't like ds9

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

They were handing them out at the cool kid convention.

Goddammit. That's what I get for reading the articles but only ever commenting in the Barkwire thread and not talking about how great Monstergeddon is.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

TNG & I've only ever seen the remake reboot, and it was my friend's bootleg copy.

Murmur Twin posted:

Confirming that I know nothing about anything Star Trek related!

I got Yoda

3p found ##vote Murmur Twin

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

oh also confirming my roll :v:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dr. Hurt posted:

TNG and Insurrection. I mostly answer Insurrection because it's the only TNG movie I've seen and I like none of the TOS or JJ Abrams movies.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

EXAKT Science posted:

TNG and Insurrection. I mostly answer Insurrection because it's the only TNG movie I've seen and I like none of the TOS or JJ Abrams movies.

Insurrection is terrible unless you watch it with Director Commentary... and then it somehow becomes the best Star Trek movie that could ever be made.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Star Trek is dumb and you're all a bunch of nerds

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'm sorry folks the right answer is that Galaxy Quest is the best star trek movie.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

And that's why you're playing an internet game based on it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Confirming that I am delta here even though I'm alpha irl

This seems like an obvious lie ##vote opop

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Met posted:

Insurrection is terrible unless you watch it with Director Commentary... and then it somehow becomes the best Star Trek movie that could ever be made.

Even without the commentary, I realized the last time I watched it that it's about how Frakes and the rest of the TNG cast are getting older, and coming to grips with that. I'm sure the commentary delves into that in a very real way, and really, anything to hear Riker talk.

Rarity posted:

No, you're dumb :colbert:

##vote Rarity

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Rarity posted:

:j::hf::j:

Puntification posted:

And that's why you're playing an internet game based on it.

(it's secretly ironic) :ssh:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

(it's secretly ironic) :ssh:

A joke? In jokephase? Inconceivable, more likely to me, no.1 autistic detective, is that you're scum buddies ##vote scurmur twin

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Dr. Hurt posted:

I'm sorry folks the right answer is that Galaxy Quest is the best star trek movie.
yurusanai

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

deep space nine + galaxy quest

my controversial opinion: first contact is p o o p

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Eh it's the action movie TNG always wanted. I ccan see people disliking it if the action/combat stuff in Star Trek isn't what they want

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

my controversial opinion: first contact is p o o p

Well, yeah, but the rest are worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Which is the one that's like two hours of Patrick Stewart cavorting around in a medieval civilization because he loves boring things that aren't space lazor battles?

• Locked thread