Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

we should have nuked europe instead of japan

they were the real enemy all along

I just read the stories from after the bombs hit japan and the "ant-walking alligator people" makes me wonder why that poo poo was never put into any game. I thought at first that maybe the centaurs were inspired by that real life event poo poo, but the fallout wiki or devs apparently are unaware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oemwh1VBHkQ
Virocop was alright though

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Seshoho Cian posted:

Let me tell you right now, us Amiga owners loved classics like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4wI1C5GH9s

god drat that is a lot of text holy poo poo

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

god drat that is a lot of text holy poo poo

He really wanted 3 pounds

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

"ant-walking alligator people"

Wh....what

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Isn't capcom really close to broke

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Yeah nuclear bombs apparently don't kill everyone outright and people in the immediate vicinity. People can have their skin burned off and limbs be seared off and they can still be alive. Granted they can't see or hear or even talk, but they can crawl around.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dragons dogma is good didn't capcom publish it

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Dragons dogma was vary good so Capcom will never allow it on PC or allow a new game to be made ever for ever

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

ForeverSmug posted:

Dragons dogma was vary good so Capcom will never allow it on PC or allow a new game to be made ever for ever

there's already a spiritual successor being made that was announced.... like 2 E3s ago i think. unless they cancelled it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

it's pretty hosed how nintendo has shown the megaman IP more love on ssb than capcom had for the last 10 years

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
mega man 9 would beg to differ but certainly the last 5 or so

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

there's already a spiritual successor being made that was announced.... like 2 E3s ago i think. unless they cancelled it

Deep down is a f2p game and is as much a spiritual sequel as that dungeon keeper cell phone game is to the original

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Capcom likes to make incredibly bad decisions and I think its them repaying the pact they made with Satan in the early 90s that let them produce such consistently good games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mach2 posted:

Capcom likes to make incredibly bad decisions and I think its them repaying the pact they made with Satan in the early 90s that let them produce such consistently good games.

Wtf even is megaman as an IP these days? wtf are those 10 million games after X called megaman with no resemblance to megaman?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Wtf even is megaman as an IP these days? wtf are those 10 million games after X called megaman with no resemblance to megaman?
i regret dismissing mega man legends as a kid after watching chip and ironicus's LP of the first game. that looks like something that i would have enjoyed. however, battle network looked stupid and i'm pretty sure nobody played starforce

to answer your question about mega man as an IP- it's dead because capcom kicked Inafune to the curb. hopefully when they're six feet under nintendo can get the IP

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 19, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

i regret dismissing mega man legends as a kid after watching chip and ironicus's LP of the first game. that looks like something that i would have enjoyed. however, battle network looked stupid and i'm pretty sure nobody played starforce

to answer your question about mega man as an IP- it's dead because capcom kicked Inafune to the curb. hopefully when they're six feet under nintendo can get the IP

Bn owns

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

The Zero and ZX games have a lot in common with the X games. The Battle Network and Star Force games are their own thing. They've done 9 and 10, and published MMxSF which were all good. The Battle Network and Star Force games are their own thing, yeah.

I don't see why an IP needs to adhere strictly to a single style of gameplay anyway. (Ignoring the fact that the EXE/Star Force games were really terrible.)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mach2 posted:

I don't see why an IP needs to adhere strictly to a single style of gameplay anyway. (Ignoring the fact that the EXE/Star Force games were really terrible.)

it doesn't look at mario, but when i'm buying a megaman game i shouldn't have to do research to find out if megaman is even in the game at all.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

who do you hope the franchise rights go to when the auctioning starts

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
gearbox

claptrap becomes megaman canon

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

lesbian baphomet posted:

Sony very much allows their well-managed western divisions to run wild with managing their console for the West. Capcom and Konami and a lot of other slowly dying old japanese publishers keep their control a lot more centralized

Sony's also done really lovely in everything except their video game decision so saying they're avoiding the lovely corporate choices that others have made isn't really accurate.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 19, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

i have already weighed in on this

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

it doesn't look at mario, but when i'm buying a megaman game i shouldn't have to do research to find out if megaman is even in the game at all.

Rayman was prominently featured in the first Rabbids game. Sonic has been all over the board. Mario is in nearly every genre imaginable.

If you go into a game purchase without looking at a trailer or gameplay footage to see what kind of game it is, just because of the franchise name on the box, you're a special kind of idiot.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

If your first suggestion isn't "Nintendo" then I dunno what's wrong with your brain

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Mach2 posted:

Rayman was prominently featured in the first Rabbids game. Sonic has been all over the board. Mario is in nearly every genre imaginable.

If you go into a game purchase without looking at a trailer or gameplay footage to see what kind of game it is, just because of the franchise name on the box, you're a special kind of idiot.

If your first suggestion isn't "Nintendo" then I dunno what's wrong with your brain

I agree, make him official Nintendo ip

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm so glad this thread isn't in Games so we don't have to put up with scores of retards droning on and on about what they'd do if they were Capcom's CEO.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm so glad this thread isn't in Games so we don't have to put up with scores of retards droning on and on about what they'd do if they were Capcom's CEO.

id sell it off to sega

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

what they'd do if they were Capcom's CEO.

:suicide:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I'd make Ono ceo

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'd be massively independently wealthy and I'd sell all my stock and move to an island where I'd be fellated by beautiful island ladies until I died a peaceful morphine-rich death

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope Platinum becomes King of Games financially and buys the Megaman IP.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ForeverSmug posted:

Capcom has been mentally ill on a corporate level for.a while.now, in comical, extremely public ways, like the whole MML fiasco and the darkstalkers thing

they're chasing the ghost of codbux but they just don't understand why it doesn't happen

I thought Japanese execs were supposed to be good and not More Inept Than Americans

RE4 and rising AAA title dev costs broke their brains and now instead of having a healthy ton of mid-tier niche games keeping them alive (PSX-PS2 era) they keep banking on a gorillion dollar flop every other year (age of the DmC's)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mach2 posted:

Mario is in nearly every genre imaginable.

its like you read my post but decided it said the opposite of what it says.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Level Slide posted:

I hope Platinum becomes King of Games financially and buys the Megaman IP.

Holy poo poo Platinum Mega Man would be amazing.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Lotish posted:

The whole idea of "Platinum can do no wrong" going around on these boards reminds me of what people thought of Valve in 2009.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

capcom was like the only major japanese game company to never have a rhythm game franchise during the endless rhythm game fad of last decade too :ohdear:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

gay skull posted:

capcom was like the only major japanese game company to never have a rhythm game franchise during the endless rhythm game fad of last decade too :ohdear:

jump jump

slide slide

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Lotish posted:

That does not make any sense at all. The genre Platinum is master of is so far removed from the genre of Mega Man (Classic/X). I would actually strangle a man to get a Platinum-developed 3D Megaman Zero game though, that's just a given.

Given Plat's relationship with Ninty now, a Platinum-developed MMZ game sounds like something that would most likely happen if Mega Man fell into The Big N's hands, but the advantage is that they'd have Retro and their first-party studios to develop the core (classic/X) games and spinoffs (EXE/Star Force).

E: Holy poo poo Retro IS a first-party studio. I could swear they were second-party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slur posted:

The whole idea of "Platinum can do no wrong" going around on these boards reminds me of what people thought of Valve in 2009.

Valve can do no wrong

• Locked thread