Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

Jump in I say, It's not like you can really do any irreparable damage to anything.

The only issue is the lack of 'starter' equipment, you'll be entering a server where we are reaching the best of the best equipment, you might want to at least do the tutorial missions first to see how things are supposed to work without the million dollar gadgets

After you learn the basics (cultivating,seeding,fertilizing,harvesting,$$$) it's all just economy of scale. Bigger and faster equipment to do the same steps but better

I got through the tutorials when I played, and managed to plow, cultivate, seed a field but bought a slurry truck for fertilizing and couldn't figure out where to fill it. That's when I stopped. I'll grab it now and install and see where I can get tonight, maybe hop on board tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Spiteski posted:

I got through the tutorials when I played, and managed to plow, cultivate, seed a field but bought a slurry truck for fertilizing and couldn't figure out where to fill it. That's when I stopped. I'll grab it now and install and see where I can get tonight, maybe hop on board tomorrow.

Forget slurry tankers at all, in my opinion

Buy the first fertilizer sprayer in the list, and it's all you'll ever need... it has the widest spread out of all of them.

Also not sure if you're aware, but once you fill a tool (sprayer, seeder, etc) it only depletes it's inventory if using it manually. If you are always hiring a worker to run it, it will never need refilling

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

Forget slurry tankers at all, in my opinion

Buy the first fertilizer sprayer in the list, and it's all you'll ever need... it has the widest spread out of all of them.

Also not sure if you're aware, but once you fill a tool (sprayer, seeder, etc) it only depletes it's inventory if using it manually. If you are always hiring a worker to run it, it will never need refilling

I think I sort of figured that out, and you dont need to fill it at all if you straight hire a worker. I accidentally hit H when I was next to a fertilizer blue thing and a worker took over and started making GBS threads stuff out even though it was empty.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Anyone else playing Enforcer? It's a police simulator with a bit of The Sims thrown in. It's pretty buggy like most simulators but actually has an active Dev team so it's not shovelware.

I started a let's play if you want to check out some gameplay

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678237&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Harminoff posted:

Anyone else playing Enforcer? It's a police simulator with a bit of The Sims thrown in. It's pretty buggy like most simulators but actually has an active Dev team so it's not shovelware.

I started a let's play if you want to check out some gameplay

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678237&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

I did play that for an hour or two, the bugs aside it was pretty lacking in 'dynamic' content.

It was either ticket parked cars, find a murderer, break up a drug deal, or a few others.

The idea is great, I could see it being 500% more successful on something like the GTA5 engine... especially now that they're coming out with a first person module

As it is there is a fairly active community of modders for GTA4 that have turned it into 'Cops and Robbers Simulator'

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah that's all true. I guess I just have hope as the dev team seems like some friendly guys who want to put something good out, and not just shovel it out. It's pretty much an early access game that was released on the wrong channel I feel.

Though there is another cop sim coming out as well. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252178673

Speaking of early access, anyone pick up the new fishing sim? Might grab it considering its asking price is just $6.99, will have multiplayer, and even rift support.

Though I can't figure out if that give you the full game at release, or if it just gives you a "component" as they call it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314520/

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 8, 2014

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'll stay subscribed to this thread forever if the 420 noscope videos keep coming.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
So it deservedly gets made of for clogging up Steam with DLC but does anyone besides me actually play Train Simulator? It is soothing to drive around and look at stuff while watching for signals and all the passengers walk like they have gout so you feel like they really could use a train ride. It is like ETS 2 on quaaludes.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

yeah, I picked it up back when it was still Railworks.

Since then Dovetail Games has hosed it up by 1) making it harder for people to make/install free 3rd-party content, 2) not fixing major bugs, 3) removing custom controller support (seriously wtf) and 4) treating their customers like poo poo in general.

Don't buy it or any of the DLC unless it's at least 75% off on steam because it is otherwise not worth it these days.

I'm slowly switching over to Trainz and Open Rails for my trainsimming needs. Though the UI on Trainz is a bit... disgusting.

EDIT: Seriously, only controllers supported by TS since TS2013 are the Xbox 360 controller and mouse/keyboard. Nothing else. They completely removed the option to custom assign controls. I have a throttle quadrant for flight sim that would be perfect for throttle/brake/reverser

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 8, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Biggest complaint was not being able to see what the next signal was without looking at a map. Give me a UI indicator.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So I just bought FS15, would like to see how multiplayer works.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'll be logged onto Sappo's server in a little bit, hit me on steam (same username) and I can show you stuff.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Elendil004 posted:

I'll be logged onto Sappo's server in a little bit, hit me on steam (same username) and I can show you stuff.

Alright I added you, I looked around the server a bit, but it was empty aside from me

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
for quick loot just go up to the pond where you sell lumber, cut down those massive trees up the road and just drive them right into the pond whole for like $100k a pop on easy

I'm doing a real sperg game on hard but just for messing around it's nice to use to check out the other vehicles and whatnot

Al Harrington fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 8, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The tree killer 9000 is slow as poo poo, so we fixed that (after Skwee drove it into the water)

Looks so perdy. Also our farm is going green.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kilonum posted:

Since then Dovetail Games has hosed it up by 1) making it harder for people to make/install free 3rd-party content, 2) not fixing major bugs, 3) removing custom controller support (seriously wtf) and 4) treating their customers like poo poo in general.

Don't buy it or any of the DLC unless it's at least 75% off on steam because it is otherwise not worth it these days.

I'm slowly switching over to Trainz and Open Rails for my trainsimming needs. Though the UI on Trainz is a bit... disgusting.

EDIT: Seriously, only controllers supported by TS since TS2013 are the Xbox 360 controller and mouse/keyboard. Nothing else. They completely removed the option to custom assign controls. I have a throttle quadrant for flight sim that would be perfect for throttle/brake/reverser

Huh I had never heard of OpenTrains, thanks. I use a PS3 controller with Railworks that is setup to mimic a 360 so I never knew it had problems with all that stuff.

I assume no one actually buys the tracks outside of the Steam sales but there are probably a few super spergs that shell out $30 for each one.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Are there any FS15 compatible maps with big fields that are surrounded by trees so you have to log your way deep into the forest to farm?

I'm asking for a friend.

Cedhed
Feb 27, 2006
Whee!

Goetta posted:

So it deservedly gets made of for clogging up Steam with DLC but does anyone besides me actually play Train Simulator? It is soothing to drive around and look at stuff while watching for signals and all the passengers walk like they have gout so you feel like they really could use a train ride. It is like ETS 2 on quaaludes.

Absolutely, train sims are like that for me as well. Relaxing but engaging. Unless i'm driving a steam engine, then it's a lot more involved. And usually ends with me stopped and swearing while I wait for the pressure to build in the boiler. But it's all the weird kind of boring spergy fun that ETS2 and Farming Simulator offer as well.

Kilonum posted:

Huh? How have they made it harder to install free content? The package manager is still present and works the same. The controller thing is bullshit and I can't figure why they would do that. But other than that they haven't really messed it up too bad since they took over from Kuju. Nice thing is each new version is free too. I bought it in 2009 and haven't paid for an upgrade yet. :) But yeah buying DLC for it when not on a Steam sale is just silly.

The interface on Trainz is a deal breaker for me. It's so much extra work to get anywhere in the program. And I'm not sure why it never feels quite right when I'm there. It's weird it always feels more like I'm sitting in a model train than a 4000 horsepower locomotive bouncing along at 50mph. Personal preference and all that.

Although while saying that, have you seen/heard much about Trainz a New Era? It looks greatly improved and might definitely be something to keep an eye on.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Goetta posted:

So it deservedly gets made of for clogging up Steam with DLC but does anyone besides me actually play Train Simulator?

Hi. Bought it when it was called Railworks, but didn't really play it till about a year ago, when I noticed they finally added a bouncy camera and g-force indicator. Having visual feedback for the acceleration/deceleration is something I've always wanted. Before I've played the freeware BVE sim, where this has always been standard.

Train Sim is allright but don't spend too much money on it. The DLC is the game's content, so once you're done with the ones included in the base game, choose some according to your taste. Be aware though, every DLC is different in terms of quality. Pay attention to the company that wrote it. The train you choose to drive determines how much of a sim the game will be, some trains are very simple whilst others have elaborate start-up procedures and a fault simulator. The GEML Class 90 is one I own that's pretty advanced: http://store.steampowered.com/app/222597/

When you buy older DLC, it may not make use of features currently supported by the game engine. Notably, older routes seem to lack "cant", which is where one rail is slightly higher than the other to make cornering more comfortable, and track quality, where track can have variable smoothness. E.g. a high speed bit of track would be smooth, a small shunting sideline with a 10 mph speed limit is rough and bouncy.

I have some DLC with impossible scenarios, and the fix for that is two minutes of work in the scenario editor that comes with the game. Yet no official fix has been rolled out through Steam. You can even find steam workshop scenarios that do nothing other than fix the bug.

Wait for a sale and buy DLC bundles. Those are the best deals you can get. It's usually worth buying the base game every year because you'll get different routes to go with it. But again, wait on a sale.

There's also a shitload of trains and routes not on Steam. I bought some Dutch trains from http://christrains.com . The trains I bought through Christrains have had a few free updates, even though I've had no issues with them.

There is some free content around (apart from Steam Workshop stuff, which often requires you to own a certain combination of DLCs for it to work), but I've not been able to get anything to work. Specifically there was a Dutch route I wanted, which required me to download 20+ files from various websites, some requiring registration and even some posts on a forum before I would be able to download the files. I was never able to complete the set, one site required a mod to manually approve my registration before it would work, and this never happened.

Quick Drive is a neat idea but too limited in practice. Setting up a scenario with it means you'll be driving in a deserted world with only green signals and no other trains. You also cannot run stopping or freight services with it, you'll get the fastest route which usually means you'll get the tracks that avoid platforms. If you really wanna drive your trains the way you like it, you'll have to figure out the scenario editor.

I've heard some interesting things about Run 8: http://www.run8studios.com/ It has multiplayer, with one player being the dispatcher, setting the signals and switches. It seems to be limited to US routes and trains though.

Stick Insect fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 8, 2014

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Elendil004 posted:

The tree killer 9000 is slow as poo poo, so we fixed that (after Skwee drove it into the water)

Looks so perdy. Also our farm is going green.

It fell off the trailer right when you left. but I put it back on and it was fine after that

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

I really need to get FS15 :goleft:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

There is an official beta mod that has placeable structures like barns and covered areas, that might be worth a look see, Sappo.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Kilonum posted:

I really need to get FS15 :goleft:

Flight Simming isn't spergy enough, you must also pretend to be a farmer. Do it

Elendil004 posted:

There is an official beta mod that has placeable structures like barns and covered areas, that might be worth a look see, Sappo.

Yep I'm going to browse the mods right now, I saw one re-make of the map we are playing on, but I'd like a totally new map

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I boought and seeded a few new fields, and everything is well parked, so folks if they log on before you nuke it will have an easier time. The sower you bought, the high end one, sucks. The combo cultivator/sower is 10x better.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

I boought and seeded a few new fields, and everything is well parked, so folks if they log on before you nuke it will have an easier time. The sower you bought, the high end one, sucks. The combo cultivator/sower is 10x better.

Really why is it so sucky?

I guess bigger isn't always bettererer.

Edit:

So finding a new 'good' map to load looks tricky, they're mostly all just modified versions of the current maps

I found a few mods that look pretty good, mostly the courseplay mod and autocombine.

If someone wants to try em out and report back, I am also not 100% sure if we all need to run the same mods, or not. We'll have to see how the multiplayer environment handles people running some mods if others dont

http://mods2015.com/farming-simulator-2015-hd-texture-pack-v-1-0/ - Better textures
http://mods2015.com/inching-mod-v-1-1/ - some sort of modified cruise control
http://mods2015.com/courseplay-mod-v4-00-beta/ - for making and using AI paths and waypoints, looks exciting!
http://mods2015.com/autocombine-v3-1/ - not sure how it differs from courseplay
http://mods2015.com/fs-2015-soil-and-fruit-textures-v-1-0/ - more better looking soil and crop textures

If someone finds a map that looks good I'd be more than happy to load it on the server, Elendil wanted something with heavy forestry, so we would have to clear cut our way in to making a field. I like that idea as well. Also something with lots of storage and parking for the vehicles.

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 8, 2014

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Not really a fan of Courseplay when it comes to playing a game. It is a fantastic tool, but it allowed me to automate the entire farming simulator game when I used it in the older game, so I wasn't even playing it anymore.

e: actually now that I think about it there was stuff I couldn't do with it, like frontloader stuff, so maybe you could still do things similar to that. Probably logging, feeding animals, and silage stuff.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 8, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Skwee posted:

Not really a fan of Courseplay when it comes to playing a game. It is a fantastic tool, but it allowed me to automate the entire farming simulator game when I used it in the older game, so I wasn't even playing it anymore.

e: actually now that I think about it there was stuff I couldn't do with it, like frontloader stuff, so maybe you could still do things similar to that. Probably logging, feeding animals, and silage stuff.

Ah never used it yet, just saw it on the mod sites.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Skwee posted:

My personal use for it would be to capture chaff from a krone to be dumped somewhere. Other than that, I don't have much use. Now that the helper can spray, there isn't much need for courseplay outside of the krone. And all that needs fixing there is for giants to release a god drat bunker trailer. They exist, but we've had to look for a mod one to work since at least fs2011.

Also, I don't like how the dump bins for the biogas plant is way up requiring a front loader now. I liked 2013 where you could dump trailers of stuff into it.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Sappo569 posted:

Ah never used it yet, just saw it on the mod sites.

It allows you to record routes and program tasks at various points in the route. basically a smarter hired worker that you have to program yourself. some examples of stuff you can do:

record routes from silos to selling points to automate selling a crap load of stuff and not have to do it yourself

record route from field to silos and have a tractor automatically unload combines and bring the grain back to the silos and then drive back to the field and continue to unload the combine.

in the old game when you couldn't hire a worker to fertilize the field you could drive a route around the boundries of a field to tell the mod what they were, then you could have it create it's own route back and forth across the field, and also have it so when the fertilizer was emptied it would switch to a route that went to the fertilizer spot, fill up, drive back to the field, and resume fertilizing where it left off

in the same vein as above, with just recording the outside of the field and telling it the width of the routes it should create you could have the tractor run the swathing things, then have a tractor run a route behind it with a bailer, and then have a tractor run a route after that with the bail loading trailer

Really good mod, great tool, but after you've finished programming routes and stuff in then you basically aren't playing the game anymore except for stuff that involves using the tools in a way that is more than just pressing a button or driving around, like frontloaders and probably logging stuff.

I haven't used it for a long time, so not sure what all it can do nowadays. Maybe they figured frontloaders out too.

It would probably be really good for huge farms where you just make it do some of the fields and you still have some that you can do yourself.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 8, 2014

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Skwee posted:

It allows you to record routes and program tasks at various points in the route. basically a smarter hired worker that you have to program yourself. some examples of stuff you can do:

record routes from silos to selling points to automate selling a crap load of stuff and not have to do it yourself

record route from field to silos and have a tractor automatically unload combines and bring the grain back to the silos and then drive back to the field and continue to unload the combine.

in the old game when you couldn't hire a worker to fertilize the field you could drive a route around the boundries of a field to tell the mod what they were, then you could have it create it's own route back and forth across the field, and also have it so when the fertilizer was emptied it would switch to a route that went to the fertilizer spot, fill up, drive back to the field, and resume fertilizing where it left off

Really good mod, great tool, but after you've finished programming routes and stuff in then you basically aren't playing the game anymore except for stuff that involves using the tools in a way that is more than just pressing a button or driving around, like frontloaders and probably logging stuff.

I haven't used it for a long time, so not sure what all it can do nowadays. Maybe they figured frontloaders out too.

Now that the dedicated server is included and us spergs found ourselves, the need for it is kind of pointless when you can just gather everyone up to do the same thing. Also, in looking for one of the road trains back in fs2011, I found a tutorial on using the old lizard loader with courseplay to sell your silage, so that is covered as well now.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

My personal use for it would be to capture chaff from a krone to be dumped somewhere. Other than that, I don't have much use. Now that the helper can spray, there isn't much need for courseplay outside of the krone. And all that needs fixing there is for giants to release a god drat bunker trailer. They exist, but we've had to look for a mod one to work since at least fs2011.

Also, I don't like how the dump bins for the biogas plant is way up requiring a front loader now. I liked 2013 where you could dump trailers of stuff into it.

Yeah I see quite a few 'ramp' mods already, to at least make it easier to dump into the biogas bins. They're at JUST the right height to make it a proper pain in the rear end almost every time

Skwee posted:

in the same vein as above, with just recording the outside of the field and telling it the width of the routes it should create you could have the tractor run the swathing things, then have a tractor run a route behind it with a bailer, and then have a tractor run a route after that with the bail loading trailer

It would probably be really good for huge farms where you just make it do some of the fields and you still have some that you can do yourself.

Hmm that's what I kind of figured, might be good to make an auto-route for the Scorpion from home base. For when it inevitably gets dunked in the lake :D

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Not yet got FS2015, I'll probably get it at Christmas when there will be plenty of mods out. Courseplay is what you use when you have no friends willing to do multiplayer with.

In FS2013, Courseplay meant I could reduce the grind a bit. When you start out there's some product stored in your silos, which you can sell for some easy money. I used the cheapest tractor with two of the cheapest tippers trained behind it. I set up a courseplay route on a fast vehicle for each silo.

I let the crappy tractor + tippers run the routes until every silo was empty. Sure, I could have played this myself, but that would have been really boring. To make it slightly less boring, I could've saved up for a fancy tractor and bigger tipper.

Somewhat more advanced courseplay usage was that I was able to have an AI-driven tipper follow a forage harvester around that I was driving. More or less.

I also reduced the grind in some areas by creating custom vehicles that cost a lot of money but had silly stats in certain areas, like a front loader able to move four times as much cargo in the scoop, and a tiny forage wagon with its insides hooked up to a different dimension. Great fun unloading large quantities in mere seconds, the pile of silage on the ground would grow so fast, it would send the tractor and trailer flying.

This game is easy to mod. Find a vehicle you like and try changing some stats, it's all in XML files.

Similarly, an easy cheat in FS2013 was to edit your saves in notepad to give yourself more money. You could edit more things, like silo contents. This I used to create custom challenges for myself, e.g. you get a single tractor with a front loader scoop, a mower and a forage wagon, emtpy silos and 0 in the bank.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
In terms of mods I want to see in fs15, this is top of my list:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr78x9RCzLE

One of the big mod groups already made the model. I think it was bmi modding, but still one of the better teams.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
going to give those better texture mods a try

the physics... as they always have leave a bit to be desired

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Honestly I don't see how any of the "bad" (they can be funny sometimes) physics bugs can happen during regular gameplay. I mean maybe I am the supersperg or something, but I like to actually use the roads and act like a real person when driving rather than someone with no regards to the law or their own safetey. (or damage to their equipment via slamming it into walls, or hitting other equipment, or driving it into a lake [that was like actually super embarrassing even though there was only one person there to see it])

With the exception of speedlimits, the fastest that I can drive without completely loving up and spinning out/ jacking up my trailer/ whatever, the better.

I really like some of the ease of life changes they have made to the game in 2015 though, like when using equipment you cannot exceed the speed that would make the equipment no longer function. Also the new cruise control is great, being able to select the speed you want to go rather than just selecting from a few different settings.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 8, 2014

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Sappo569 posted:

Flight Simming isn't spergy enough, you must also pretend to be a farmer. Do it

I would, I just don't have the money. I picked up FS2013 not long after it came out for shits and giggles. And also the video in the OP.

Stick Insect posted:

I used the cheapest tractor with two of the cheapest tippers trained behind it.

I did not know you could do this in FS2013 :stare:

(the training, that is)

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Kilonum posted:

I would, I just don't have the money. I picked up FS2013 not long after it came out for shits and giggles. And also the video in the OP.

I did not know you could do this in FS2013 :stare:

(the training, that is)

it's a pain to get double pivot point trailers attached, but you can. the trick is to align one so that you can drive the other one forwards over it since it is practically impossible to reverse them

There are other trailers that can be trained as well, and are much easier as well since they only have one pivot point and you can reverse until you have two trailers, then it gets more difficult to add a 3rd/4th/w/e

also i have no idea if any of this is possible in FS15

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Skwee posted:

it's a pain to get double pivot point trailers attached, but you can. the trick is to align one so that you can drive the other one forwards over it since it is practically impossible to reverse them

There are other trailers that can be trained as well, and are much easier as well since they only have one pivot point and you can reverse until you have two trailers, then it gets more difficult to add a 3rd/4th/w/e

also i have no idea if any of this is possible in FS15

It is, almost the same as FS13.

I had two medium sized trailers in tandem with a larger one, it works fine once you managed to get them all lined up

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Is there any mod or option to turn on a width guide of sorts? I'd like to enjoy this, but I keep having trouble with small patches constantly being missed and it gets so loving tedious as it practically doubles the time to do anything. Also early game lovely tool widths, Jesus. Maybe this game just isn't for me. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

StealthArcher posted:

Is there any mod or option to turn on a width guide of sorts? I'd like to enjoy this, but I keep having trouble with small patches constantly being missed and it gets so loving tedious as it practically doubles the time to do anything. Also early game lovely tool widths, Jesus. Maybe this game just isn't for me. :(

Cultivators, plows, and harvesters are easy to keep lined up if you just use the front corner of the implement to make the line.

Seeders in particular have edge markers, which allow you to line up the centre of your tractor for the next pass.

• Locked thread