Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Yo how are we not naming the rat man Hammer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Insectoid: Aldrin

Inspired.

Qwarq
Apr 3, 2009

I've been playing the poo poo out of this game for the past week and I'm loving every second of it. Been a while since I hit that bookmark button so quickly.

And y'all are doing the naming wrong. You gotta pick a theme.

Cow: Tauros LL Cow J
Insectoid: Beedril
Farmer: Snorlax
Rat: Raticate

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Finally pulled the trigger and grabbed the first Grimlock. Such a good game.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Cow: LL Cow J
Insectoid: Steve
Farmer: Ronald Mc Donald
Rat: Rat Ratsson

Fatbot
Oct 17, 2012
made another portrait:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zh17nas7j7v737a/MasterSplinter_Male.tga

Edit:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zj9wu4th8a6csy7/TheFly_Male.tga

Fatbot fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 13, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

If that rat isn't named Snidely someone is doing names wrong.

e: Snidely Whiprash, I am so clever :v:

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

We have a bull in a China shop;
An insectoid who has become its own enemy: a bug Zapper;
The human Chucks stuff, of course;
And finally, a rat right out of "The Secret of NIMH"

v I didn't sign up for an autocracy, but I will settle for a leader who appreciates my comedic styles.

E: This is also how I name my pokemon.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 14, 2014

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Rather Watch Them posted:

Cow: My vote would mean nothing at this point.

Who used the word vote? This is a dictatorship, I'm just going to choose the funniest name suggested. Which is probably going to be LL cow J anyway because it's a fantastic name even if it is a circle jerky in-joke.

At this point I'm pretty sure what I'm going to name the battle mage but I haven't seen any real stand out winners for the farmer or skaven yet. I'm going to record the new episode soon so that will be the last point I can make changes.

Also I love the portraits that have been shown.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
If the majority rises against you, what are your plans to murder us all?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Cheez posted:

He's going to throw us in a giant tower dungeon. Anyone who escapes is free to go, but there's a sentient machine-cube at the bottom that will kill anyone who gets that far.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cheez posted:

Toss you into a dungeon, of course.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Human alternatives: Butch Deadlift, Gristle McThornbody, Bulk VanderHuge, Biff Sideiron, Punch Rockgroin, Smash Lampjaw, Buff Drinklots, or Bob Johnson.

Skaven Rat alternatives: ...um, I got nothing.

Blacksuit
Oct 9, 2012
The farmer should be called Audrey II.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Skaven: Limburgular, Cheese Pun.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

The rat looks like a Johnny to me.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Rat name: Johnny Bag o' Hammers (or, alternately, Johnny Bag o' Potions, Bag o' Bottles, or Bag o' Bullets.)

Human name: Fat Ol' Farmer Brown

Insect name: BuzzBuzz

Cow name: Bandwagon McInjoke AKA LL Cow J

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
You could always use this for the Rat: OH RATIGAN!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

PotatoManJack posted:

Loved the original LP so definitely looking forward to this!

voting on names:

Cow: LL Cow J
The Rest: Bob (name them all Bob)

Alternatively, in honor of Endless Space, name them all Horatio.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

azren posted:

Human alternatives: Butch Deadlift, Gristle McThornbody, Bulk VanderHuge, Biff Sideiron, Punch Rockgroin, Smash Lampjaw, Buff Drinklots, or Bob Johnson.

I had a Farmer name but gently caress that I can't resist my favorite MST3k gag.

Skaven: Mahratma Squeelhi. Cheese puns are intolerable.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 14, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Cheez posted:

This is a dictatorship, if the majority rises against him he will just start the mass executions.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Look, I'm telling you guys: this rat has MAD SKILLZ!

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Are there any plans for this to be available on Mac?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So I was futzing around in the game files for this game trying to get the custom portraits to work so i could make the next episode when I came across a game manual and, get this, a customized legend of grimrock piece of graph paper.

I'm not going to link the entire manual because there are bits of it I want to save for later but here is a cool story from the introduction!

The file is a pdf and since I have no idea how to snip bits out of a pdf have a really lovely work around instead. Classy high quality lets playing right here.

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Oh and here's the graph paper, which is awesome.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

Oh and here's the graph paper, which is awesome.

I like how there is also a printer friendly version of the graph paper in the extras folder, even if I was too much of a baby to use map free (Note to self, get back to this game later).

EDIT: terrible penmanship or ability to draw a straight line even with a ruler is perfectly oldschool for me :downs:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 17, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Who the gently caress prints graph paper? Which part of "oldschool" do you not understand?

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 17, 2014

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Any chance you could turn the music down a little in the next vid? It came close to drowning you out pretty frequently in that first one.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Do you have any plans to make the videos listed later? I found it a lot easier to notice when you'd updated your Grimrock 1 thread when I was able to see the listed new videos appear on youtube.

Or have you decided youtube is even more evil than it was back then and to stick purely unlisted?

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

namad posted:

Do you have any plans to make the videos listed later? I found it a lot easier to notice when you'd updated your Grimrock 1 thread when I was able to see the listed new videos appear on youtube.

Or have you decided youtube is even more evil than it was back then and to stick purely unlisted?

The video is unlisted because it's actually on my channel for reasons. Once Agent fixes whatever is causing him to not be able to upload to his own channel, I'm sure he'll list the videos properly.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Olesh posted:

The video is unlisted because it's actually on my channel for reasons. Once Agent fixes whatever is causing him to not be able to upload to his own channel, I'm sure he'll list the videos properly.

Yep! I can't upload to youtube (at the time episode 1 was uploaded) so I sent it to Olesh to have him host it for me. If the problem doesn't get fixed you can just subscribe to his channel as he'll host the rest, or I'll fix it myself and the'll start showing up.

Either way we should have episode 2 by like, wednesday or something.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Any chance you could turn the music down a little in the next vid? It came close to drowning you out pretty frequently in that first one.

I'll keep an eye on it for episode 2.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 17, 2014

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Have you tried a different browser? For some reason I can't upload anything to youtube with Firefox but Chrome works fine.

Didn't watch your Grimrock 1 LP but this is great so far!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

the more important question is whether he'll be renaming the Rat each time it dies and getting FlareKnight in to do obituaries for the previous rat that passed away.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
Holy poo poo! I didn't even know they had made Grimrock II. The first one stoked my nostalgia so much that I played it straight for 36 hours one weekend.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Agent355 posted:

Yep! I can't upload to youtube (at the time episode 1 was uploaded) so I sent it to Olesh to have him host it for me. If the problem doesn't get fixed you can just subscribe to his channel as he'll host the rest, or I'll fix it myself and the'll start showing up.

Either way we should have episode 2 by like, wednesday or something.

I'll keep an eye on it for episode 2.

Oh cool, that puts my fears of accidentally forgetting about this series to rest.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 2 - Youtube

I really love some of the changes to the combat. There was some degree of enemy variation in Grimrock 1 but not nearly to the same amount. You can tell in the video that I'm not entirely used to it yet. Oh well. Lets take a look at some of the new enemies we've seen in this video.

I have nothing to add. I'm still laughing at how funny the mummy's attack animation is.

I am the Lorax, I do cartwheels and punch you in the face. This enemy is pretty cool since it's movement and attack pattern completely subverts how I'm used to dodging around things. It moves much much more quickly sideways than it does forward or backwards, though it's still not particularly dangerous.

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.
You can make a farmer a wizard. You just need a catalyst to cast a spell.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oh my god I love the people who comment before finishing videos more than life itself. I live for you :allears:

Completely serious. You're my favorite.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Agent355 posted:

I'm still laughing at how funny the mummy's attack animation is.

Seriously, half the danger of those is you falling apart from laughter.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I've watched parts of various playthroughs of this game. You've got a long ways to go, good luck to you both. There are some interesting firearms to be found, but I've never seen anyone actually use them, looking forward to seeing Rizzo become a master sniper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Smashmouth's shiteating grin is the best. :allears:

• Locked thread