Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I wish there were more unmarked bomb rooms. I've only found 2 and they were in the same section of the map.

+ they were really obvious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Its pretty clear they're really concerned with people not finding everything because you can easily get every single heartpiece + maimai without any kind of guide just by playing the game regularly.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Its pretty clear they're really concerned with people not finding everything because you can easily get every single heartpiece + maimai without any kind of guide just by playing the game regularly.

god..how dumb is that huh?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Flying Squirrel posted:

Excellent advice. I missed the poo poo out of the pegasus boots until I had collected everything except the stuff you needed them for, cause yeah, getting them was backwards from what I was expecting. Then I felt really dumb.

There was one mini dungeon thing with a bunch of portcullises on timers that you were supposed to use the pegasus boots for, but you could get through it with bombs. This game is sick.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

god..how dumb is that huh?

Hmm?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I guess that was wordered poorly. What I meant was that, they shove heartpieces and maimais in your face and its impossible to finish the game without collecting all of them because they're all insanely obvious and not hidden.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

I guess that was wordered poorly. What I meant was that, they shove heartpieces and maimais in your face and its impossible to finish the game without collecting all of them because they're all insanely obvious and not hidden.

"Wordered," huh? Why don't you head back to FYAD or BYOB until you learn how to type. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Zoq-Fot-Pik FistGrrl

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
gently caress all the streetpass shitheads with red armour and all the hearts. gently caress YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i paid the hint fairy to tell me how to get pegasus boots

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
rela 80s kids remember that putting bombs everywhere and lighting every tree on fire with a candle is BULLSHIT. gently caress youall

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I hope the new Zelda takes some inspiration from LBW, I like the open ended structure with the items.

Soral
May 30, 2009

its really hosed up that in hero mode the dark links from streetpass all take regular damage but you still take 4 times damage. it made me very salty

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress all the streetpass shitheads with red armour and all the hearts. gently caress YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hero Mode is epic. Well, it is in Windwaker, I don't have a DS so I can't play this game unfortunately, but I appreciate the idea.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I forgot completely that i have this game, uncompleted

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i paid the hint fairy to tell me how to get pegasus boots

same

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Maimais are really easy to find but it's also enjoyable to go around and clear the map of them, and I really love Nintendo giving you the map in the format that they do.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sand rod was the coolest new item and the dungeon it's used in is the best in the game. Upgraded tornado staff or whatever it was called was kind of absurdly overpowered, though. LBW is overall a fantastic game. Its wall mechanic is used in clever ways and integrated into the game really well so that it doesn't feel like just a tacked on gimmick, and personally I liked that because you get all items basically at the start and the dungeon progression is nonlinear it cuts a lot of the filler that is present in other Zelda games. It doesn't set out to be a new Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. It's firmly focused on basic 2d Zelda-ing and delivers on it quite well. Also Hilda is cool.

So say I.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's a cool game but I thought they took the open worldness too far, there's only two sets of challenge levels in the enemies and it felt like the game decreased rather than escalated in difficulty as you cleared dungeons which put a bit of a damper on my adventuring feels. I think ALttP got it better by letting you sequence break by playing good but still balanced the game around doing events in a certain order

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I keep laughing when I see "sand rod".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm a dope and beat the game without upgrading any of my equipment because i couldnt fin dthe stupid octopus after the first time because they moved him to that cave

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Actually, I side with the many Goons who hate this game because It Doesn't HAven't Memorable Characters Or Plot.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Hero Mode is epic. Well, it is in Windwaker, I don't have a DS so I can't play this game unfortunately, but I appreciate the idea.

The Hero Mode in LBW doesn't remove heart drops like Windwaker does, so it doesn't really make the game that much more difficult, but it's still nice.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I liked Ravio and the blue witch except she disappears really early.

do heart containers even appear in hero mode?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

The Hero Mode in LBW doesn't remove heart drops like Windwaker does, so it doesn't really make the game that much more difficult, but it's still nice.

But you take 4x damage in LBW hero mode instead of just double.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

Actually, I side with the many Goons who hate this game because It Doesn't HAven't Memorable Characters Or Plot.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

It still ends up being not all that much harder imo.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I beat the game without getting the pegasus boots because I'm hardcore like that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

yeah but the issue with the game is that its hard to get hit in the first place

especially on the second run when you know how hosed up the upgraded items are

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I am incapable of not trying to damage race everything which makes the hero mode really fun. Defense does not come naturally to me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was doing 3 heart hero mode which is pretty hard.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

conceitedguy posted:

It still ends up being not all that much harder imo.

Yeah its just slower and sometimes more frustrating. The only thing that's "harder" is the Tower but that's still pretty easy with smart use of the wind rod + spin attack

Dec 26, 2012

if i do end up doing a hero mode run ill probably just avoid getting the item upgrades because those seemed to be the biggest contributor to the game getting progressively easier

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i totally missed the armor upgrade and didn't know you could upgrade items and i could not beat the battle tower thing.

then i got some upgrades, went back, and beat it with plenty of hearts and heals to spare and thought "alright time for the next level where it would actually be a match for upgraded link" and there was no next level

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I like that being maxed out in Nintendo games actually makes you as powerful as it does.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i ran into the lion centaur things in the mountain that dealt 3 hearts of damage and took a fuckload of hits and thought "oh man there is like a whole other tier of monsters in this game i cant wait until im actually supposed to be there" but nope it was just that one enemy that was retard strong

the game is fantastic but i felt misleaded

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this game was epic and the dungeons in the dark world were the poo poo. well, see ya

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
The remixed LTTP soundtrack songs in this game own so much I can barely handle it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A Chink Between Worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

A Chink Between Worlds.

• Locked thread