Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
If they're not using all those threes to mess with us I don't want to know valve anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Donnerberg posted:

Hopefully it's the space pirate game they were working on that nobody seems to remember despite the fact that they released concept art for it.

That was just a really lovely fake, Barathrum is a Dota 2 character etc

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I hope its Half Life 3 as an HTC android exclusive game

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Donnerberg posted:

Hopefully it's the space pirate game they were working on that nobody seems to remember despite the fact that they released concept art for it.

That looks identical to the first mission in Homeworld.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Somehow I kinda doubt Half-Life 3 will ever actually happen. At this point it can only be a disappointment. There's no way any developer in the world could produce a game that could live up to the hype and expectations that would accompany a game like that. Valve would only stand to lose for making Half-Life 3.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

That looks identical to the first mission in Homeworld.

It's a tribute. :v:

Talking out of my rear end, "Stars of Blood" was probably developed alongside their haptic controller and VR goggles to show them off. It follows that it died because those peripherals are bad and will never see the light of day.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

Somehow I kinda doubt Half-Life 3 will ever actually happen. At this point it can only be a disappointment. There's no way any developer in the world could produce a game that could live up to the hype and expectations that would accompany a game like that. Valve would only stand to lose for making Half-Life 3.

That's what they said about HL2/TF2

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Take your pills Mr. Freeman.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKXV3N4zs_s

Valve's big writer is going to give a talk about the deep and engaging stories in DOTA2 and CS:GO.

halwain
May 31, 2011
There is also that one unknown game in the Valve GDC App Package (On Steamapp database).
https://steamdb.info/sub/60765/apps/

I guess it would make sense if they had their own game to showcase (or a tech demo or whatever) for their VR/Steam Box.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
Left 4 Dad

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

they can't put a cosmetics shop in hl3 why would they ever make it

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It would be funny if this was connected to the Kojima announcement everyone's excited about.

Metal Life 3: Sons of Glados.

halwain
May 31, 2011

Simsmagic posted:

They could put a cosmetic shop in L4D3 tough :v: (also make it F2P to showcase the new source2 engine).

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

It could have co-op. Portal 2 had hats for the co-op.

GhostfaceUrkel
Feb 18, 2013
It will be the Mil3s Davis simulator

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
valve could be announcing a new game on 3/4 at 3:04 PM also OP

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space
Wait Valve makes games? I thought they just sold other people's games. Seems like it's a lot easier just to sell other people's games op.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
they would do that wouldn't they

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they won't announce half life 3 until March 3rd 3333 at 3:33.33 AM

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

More excited for the Phantom Pain announcement.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Mordaedil posted:

"We're proud to announce the hentai section of steam, for all your perverted gaming needs. Also includes mods for other games that turn them as anime as you want."

I fully support this so that we can name and shame everyone who plays them.

Which would be like half of the Steam thread.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
They'll probably use their slot to advertise their VR headset, that's a no brainier. They'll sell the idea to all the developers in attendance as that fits the function of GDC. However this thread is about speculation, getting excited and then completely disappointed. Please don't make this about me, I posted it for all of you.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Wait. Who/what is saying there is a "big announcement" on this date at this time? All the OP said is there might be an announcement? Yeah and my cock MIGHT be a foot long.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Wait. Who/what is saying there is a "big announcement" on this date at this time? All the OP said is there might be an announcement? Yeah and my cock MIGHT be a foot long.

Well yes, it might be

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The announcement is that they will make an announcement at E3, which will be an announcement to "look forward to more news in Q1 2016."

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

The announcement is that they will make an announcement at E3, which will be an announcement to "look forward to more news in Q1 2016."

Rule of threes confirmed

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Mordaedil posted:

"We're proud to announce the hentai section of steam, for all your perverted gaming needs. Also includes mods for other games that turn them as anime as you want."

i support putting the hentai games they're selling anyway away in a shame ghetto

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Portal 3, L4D3, Dota 3.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Obviously team fortress 3, with a new gamemode : three teams!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
If valve releases it's VR headset before the rift I'm going to laugh my rear end off.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Valve hasn't done a big presentation at any trade shows in a while and the VR headset has already been revealed, which is what fuels the speculation that their is a software announcement coming. Please continue to get hyped and ultimately disappointed about the valve presentation on 3/3 at 3 pm.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Pfft, we all know what the world truly deserves next from Valve:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Valve isn't announcing poo poo when they can pull in 200 million dollars making a chinese dota holiday event.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ricochet would unironically be cool in a VR headset, if you're not totally embarrassed about wearing a VR headset.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Liquid Penguins posted:

Valve isn't announcing poo poo when they can pull in 200 million dollars making a chinese dota holiday event.

They just opened up their hat marketplace for other steam games.

They're going to rake in billions in virtual hat money without having to lift a finger.

echronorian posted:

Ricochet would unironically be cool in a VR headset, if you're not totally embarrassed about wearing a VR headset.

AKA TRON

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The announcement will be a VR headset hat for tf2. Layers within layers.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

echronorian posted:

The announcement will be a VR headset hat for tf2. Layers within layers.

The only way to get the VR hat in tf2 is to buy the real vr headset. It's brilliant.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Liquid Penguins posted:

The only way to get the VR hat in tf2 is to buy the real vr headset. It's brilliant.

i don't know if you're joking, but uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm extremely confident in my abilities to predict the past

• Locked thread