Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

That's really unfortunate. An outright ban is still slightly more sane than Emerald Dream, though, which was "you're allowed to multibox for PvE but if anyone wants to attack you in a contested zone you have to stand still and let them kill all of your characters".

You can defend yourself on one character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any decent mod that allows dual tracking i.e herb/ore for this server?

Also who to poke for alliance invite if it's even up. Any in game channel up?

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Tai posted:

Any decent mod that allows dual tracking i.e herb/ore for this server?

Also who to poke for alliance invite if it's even up. Any in game channel up?

I will be online in a few hours, please message me (Johner), Jaskip or Grale for an invite.

e: this is for alliance - not sure about the horde officers

Kevlar Beard fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 11, 2015

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

posting for proof of goon for Kwagga, orc shaman

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
Hey Tai - Would be good to play with some old SWG folk!

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

Kevlar Beard posted:

I will be online in a few hours, please message me (Johner), Jaskip or Grale for an invite.

e: this is for alliance - not sure about the horde officers

Horde has just made a guild called <Better Call Thrall>

Officers are currently:
Shadybones
Brototype
Nearyourrear

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Does /who currently show everyone on the server that's online?

If so, there's 5700 people online right now and it's basically in the middle of the day..

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Kevlar Beard posted:

If so, there's 5700 people online right now and it's basically in the middle of the day..

Yea.

DraconicBlade
Jan 12, 2010
Horde guild is currently <Better Call Thrall> until Skillshop makes us change it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That's basically the best name, I don't know why you'd change it.

EDIT: Someone in the Alliance guild suggested <Razorfen Downs Syndrome>, I think that might be better.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 11, 2015

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Alright, we have some guild name suggestions taken from the in game guild chat:

BEARS IRL
Guild
Vacate the Premises (:frogout:)
DICK CANCER
Razorfen Downs Syndrome

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Kevlar Beard posted:

Alright, we have some guild name suggestions taken from the in game guild chat:

BEARS IRL
Guild
Vacate the Premises (:frogout:)
DICK CANCER
Razorfen Downs Syndrome

razorfen downs symdrome.

:D

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Alright, I'm pretty sure that's something like 6 or 7 votes for <Razorfen Downs Syndrome>

We'll probably remake the guild sometime today, maybe in a few hours, maybe sooner if we can gather everyone up.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Kevlar Beard posted:

You did post during Euro prime time and the server is EU based.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
The server seems to restart randomly.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Have you never played on a private server before, ShadowMoo?

Hell, have you never played WoW before?

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Alright, I'm about to turn this dumb guild charter in because you guys are too lazy to have internet nerds sign a piece of virtual paper.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Just about anyone in RDS can invite, GOON is now defunct.

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

that is a really awful guild name

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Found a copy of 1.12 compatible auctioneer on curse. http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/auctioneer/files/18-3-8-0/

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Shamelessly stolen from the ED thread, here's an addon pack for 1.12

http://www.mediafire.com/?3hv6ove8rozymdr

Does anyone know if there is a gatherer/cartographer database anywhere that actually works?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Kevlar Beard posted:

Does anyone know if there is a gatherer/cartographer database anywhere that actually works?

I'm trying https://mega.co.nz/#!zIlXhBpA!4UhAG7rm4hw2_84WWvVGksI7ven1_DHn6yuZl6THe10 currently. I installed it and played for about 15 minutes before logging but it supposedly works for this patch/server.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Managed to get Auctioneer to work without throwing a stubby error by running a scan :confused:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I want to start with something like this for frost AoE leveling, right?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#oZZMNG0z0xh

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 12, 2015

twerkyoulater
May 1, 2007
fucking gary
I'm in on Horde side as Andrecht, tauren shaman. Time to poison cleansing totem my way to victory.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Tai posted:

I'm trying https://mega.co.nz/#!zIlXhBpA!4UhAG7rm4hw2_84WWvVGksI7ven1_DHn6yuZl6THe10 currently. I installed it and played for about 15 minutes before logging but it supposedly works for this patch/server.

That one is giving me errors every 5 seconds or so.

Maybe I'll just roll around with cartographer, I guess having a pre-populated map with herb locations doesn't matter that much because apparently it doesn't stay the same server to server.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

I'll be online all day pretty much, message Johner for an invite to the alliance guild.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Kevlar Beard posted:

I'll be online all day pretty much, message Johner for an invite to the alliance guild.

I'll be on tonight to ask for invite

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Not allowing multi-boxing of an illegal server of 10 year old content is leaning towards dumb elitist dev team. I've hit 17 in the barrens with my Shammy Dream Team so unless someone gets butthurt about it, I think it's okay for a while.

Khako fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 12, 2015

nyro
Jul 15, 2005

your face looks like the fairy tale explosion
Thinking about rolling a char on here, even though I am scared about Kronos opening up later this month (seems like Kronos has a better dev team and a lot of people will be going there).

I want to PvP primarily, not really interested in raiding (maybe small groups). I played a warrior and priest pvp in retail vanilla, so not really interested in that route.

Mage? Rogue? Shm? Druid?

Druid seems to be a real fun hybrid class. I've read a lot of people saying that it is a very unique playstyle that is not found in any other MMO. Being able to heal and tank well in BGs/wPvP seems really fun to me. Also, running the flag in WSG and defending a flag in AB sounds like a great time. Even though I wouldn't have the burst dps of a shm/rogue/mage, druid seems to be really fun support PvP class. Thoughts? Maybe I have been watching too many of the 'Nerf Druids' vanilla pvp videos, hah

nyro fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 12, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A well played Druid is basically the best class in PvP, yeah.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

nyro posted:

Thinking about rolling a char on here, even though I am scared about Kronos opening up later this month (seems like Kronos has a better dev team and a lot of people will be going there).

I want to PvP primarily, not really interested in raiding (maybe small groups). I played a warrior and priest pvp in retail vanilla, so not really interested in that route.

Mage? Rogue? Shm? Druid?

Druid seems to be a real fun hybrid class. I've read a lot of people saying that it is a very unique playstyle that is not found in any other MMO. Being able to heal and tank well in BGs/wPvP seems really fun to me. Also, running the flag in WSG and defending a flag in AB sounds like a great time. Even though I wouldn't have the burst dps of a shm/rogue/mage, druid seems to be really fun support PvP class. Thoughts? Maybe I have been watching too many of the 'Nerf Druids' vanilla pvp videos, hah

Isn't Kronos supposed to have a cash shop?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Cronos is rumored to be a p2w server with the ability to buy premade characters.

In other news I compiled some addon info for use in vanilla.
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/2829-1121-rapidquest-pack/ Metamap, Extended Questlog, and a bunch of other poo poo. Metamap allows addons to place markers on the game map. Extended questlog gives old wowhead comments in the quest description.

https://github.com/rsheep/VanillaGuide Vanillaguide condenses the old leveling guides into a mod. Usable alongside the RQP. If the mod doesn't show up in the addons list at login, make sure the top-level directory is named 'VanillaGuide' and not 'VanillaGuide-master'. This mod also uses some functionality of metamap to place waypoints similar to tomtom.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/auctioneer/files/18-3-8-0/ Vanilla compatible auctioneer. If it is giving you Stubby errors when you do an AH search, I somehow fixed that by doing a quick scan.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/32kl1a9h55dfs8x/addons.rar Addon compilation mostly compatible with 1.12 sorted by letter. Don't need to use all mods from this pack just pick and choose. Comes with informant which is very useful.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 12, 2015

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I might do this. I can't even remember my Emerald Dream or Rebirth logins. So what are most people rolling on, horde or alliance?

nyro
Jul 15, 2005

your face looks like the fairy tale explosion

Kevlar Beard posted:

Isn't Kronos supposed to have a cash shop?

Ah wow. I did not know this but yes, after some searching I found that they plan on having a character auction house: http://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/2u1wcv/kronos_and_character_auctions/ + http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91364-Character-Auction

Between that and them allowing multi boxing through alt tabbing, I think Nost is the way to go.

That said --> 'Oryn' lvl 6 druid looking for an invite to the Horde guild

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Desmond posted:

I might do this. I can't even remember my Emerald Dream or Rebirth logins. So what are most people rolling on, horde or alliance?

It seems to be a split. Our numbers aren't particularly large yet, but the server itself is packed and roughly equal on both factions. A good mix of all timezones too, so even if you don't have too many goons to play with there will always be plenty more. I think the lowest the online population has been in the past week is ~2200

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Not to mention the fact that you can actually do dungeons and group quests at low levels.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, you can get a group for pretty much anything in the game just by waiting around it for a few seconds for another person to show up. It's great.

The Kenster
Jun 21, 2013

First of all, that Clocktown could really use a floating celestial object of doom... With a face!
All this new server hype made me really want to start playing so I started a Gnome Mage.

In as Kenster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Obligatory burned by Rebirth/Emerald Dream "JUST LIKE VANILLA" questions:

-Does the Z-axis work for Blink and Charge?
-Is mob pathing functional and sane?
-Do dungeon bosses have all their abilities? Do dungeon scripts work?
-What's the buggiest thing you've seen thusfar?
-Where's AV?

• Locked thread