Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001
Tyrian2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not sure at the mome OP. I been unlocking the rest of the crap in Battlefield 4 lately but it's not a good game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The Ur-Quan Masters.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

yes... YES

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, is available for cheap on GoG and is a good game.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The Ur-Quan Masters.

a significantly better Mass Effect game than Mass Effect

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

zeal posted:

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, is available for cheap on GoG and is a good game.

It's a load of rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Arcanum is bad, but I played it anyway because I am retarded.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
people who like planescape torment but not arcanum are retarded

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I can see why a STORY GAMER would stick with Planescape: Torment despite the clunky mechanics easier than Arcanum. Planescape: Torment has a more interesting plot hook at the start

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

THE PENETRATOR posted:

that game thats not a game and simulates a real life

skyrim?

the Batman games are p. good but not pc exclusive or anything. Also Kentucky Route Zero.

what kind of games do you like, op, maybe we can narrow it down.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

people who like planescape torment but not arcanum are retarded

I shake my head whenever people (usually RPG Codex fucktards) say Arcanum is one of the best RPGs ever. poo poo's pretty weak overall. The character building system had potential, but everything else is really poorly implemented and the setting is pretty standard steampunk poo poo with no interesting twist. I had fun with it and it's not a bad game by any means, but out of all the candidates for best WRPG (Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Darklands), Arcanum doesn't rank up with them.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

arcanum always sounded like a bunch of cookadoodle bullshit to me. it sounds liek a wet fart. it looks like it stinks and im gonna take a poo poo on that turd

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The new Star Wars Battlefront, the new Witcher, and possibly the new Rainbow Six, OP

Lmao. Well I'll play battlefront at least.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I thought people would be able to figure out that when I post a list of 2015 games in the OP i don't want some dos crap.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

zeal posted:

I beat it and it's bad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I thought people would be able to figure out that when I post a list of 2015 games in the OP i don't want some dos crap.

lol

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SunAndSpring posted:

I shake my head whenever people (usually RPG Codex fucktards) say Arcanum is one of the best RPGs ever. poo poo's pretty weak overall. The character building system had potential, but everything else is really poorly implemented and the setting is pretty standard steampunk poo poo with no interesting twist. I had fun with it and it's not a bad game by any means, but out of all the candidates for best WRPG (Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Darklands), Arcanum doesn't rank up with them.

There's no punk in it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SunAndSpring posted:

best WRPG (Baldur's Gate

LMFAO

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Try Cities: Skylines

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Good suggestion but I dont think its my bag.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

StarCraft: BroodWar, Peggle, King's Quest VI.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I'm so angry looking at this

Also I have OpenTyrian and prboom installed on every device in my house and will continue to do so till the day I die

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is this good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress. I should have posted that in the "ask if a game is good or not" thread. Brb.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The answer appears to be Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Giants: Citizen Kabuto

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

Ragg posted:

(insinuating that baldur's gate is not one of the best WRPG's ever)

You're pretty much objectively wrong and a bad person if you don't think BG (well more especially BG2, but without BG there is no BG2) deserves to be on a short list of best RPG's. Seriously, poo poo's awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Old isometric dnd based RPGs are some of most boring and overrated games I've ever played I think.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The Ur-Quan Masters.

Yes! And not the 3do version, the original. So good. Frungy.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 12, 2015

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Old isometric dnd based RPGs are some of most boring and overrated games I've ever played I think.

Not even fallout one and two?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr.Bob posted:

Not even fallout one and two?

Fallout 2 is alright

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I hope future WPRGs don't use D&D as their basis ever again because god drat does Dungeons and Dragons loving suck. I love Baldur's Gate and think it's really fun, but holy hell do I not understand half the bullshit that is in AD&D. At least JRPGs have fun gameplay, even if the plot forces you to go along a linear path and associate with people you may not like.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Temple of Elemental Evil was the peak of the genre because it was a comprehensive implementation of D&D 3 and so it felt like arduously playing a tabletop RPG all by yourself

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

rj54x posted:

You're pretty much objectively wrong and a bad person if you don't think BG (well more especially BG2, but without BG there is no BG2) deserves to be on a short list of best RPG's. Seriously, poo poo's awesome.

Barf

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SunAndSpring posted:

I hope future WPRGs don't use D&D as their basis ever again because god drat does Dungeons and Dragons loving suck. I love Baldur's Gate and think it's really fun, but holy hell do I not understand half the bullshit that is in AD&D. At least JRPGs have fun gameplay, even if the plot forces you to go along a linear path and associate with people you may not like.

No they dont

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

zeal posted:

This man is right, it is indeed available on GoG.

Oh but it's also a bad game so

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Quake Live.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

psyman posted:

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

this game made me laugh out loud. i remember nothing about how it played but i remember laughing at the jokes in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wouldn't have recommended it to my best Norwegian friend Ragg if it wasn't.

• Locked thread