Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x76Z9HGvlLs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Hey Kewpuh, I'm sorry for all the reports that I must have gotten due to my escapades in the Fire Emblem thread.

not a single one?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
by the way guys if you haven't played dbz xenoverse, its really good and also owns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

not a single one?
can you probate him for it anyway

he kept talking about this scene in some anime where a girl fucks a table it was a little weird

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

have you guys heard of this game, bloodborne?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Endorph posted:

can you probate him for it anyway

he kept talking about this scene in some anime where a girl fucks a table it was a little weird

I learned a lot about proper table sex etiquette.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Kewpuh posted:

not a single one?

Wow, I'm kinda impressed actually. Whatever, :cheers: bro!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I guess that everyone just agreed with me that the thread was better when table-loving was the main topic for conversation.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I learned a lot about proper table sex etiquette.

Just be sure to clean it before someone else tries to eat Pizza Hut off it and you're fine imho.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good afternoon all

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
hey

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Anime is good and games are good, so anime games are like the best thing ever

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Broseph Brostar posted:

Anime is good and games are good, so anime games are like the best thing ever

Wisdom.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Top tier anime games include brave fencer musashi, tomba, gex, crash bandicoot, spyro the dragon, sonic adventure 2 battle, ecco the dolphin, weaponlord, 007 goldeneye, thps2, thug, nfl blitz, ufc 2014, soldat, half life, planescape torment, europa universalis 3, bomberman racing, and the list goes on

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Drunk in Space posted:

I went to Tokyo with a couple of weeaboos once and when we got to Akihabara they made complete and utter clowns of themselves, gushing over little schoolgirl figurines and various other perverted Japanese poo poo like big dumb gaijin manbabies. Both of them were 30-somethings.

gently caress anime forever. Except Akira. I liked that one.

How dare those assholes find joy out of something small in life.

Also I have a hard time believing that someone who hates anime would end up on a trip to Tokyo with weeaboos. How the gently caress does that even happen?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

:gizz:

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
When I was a teenager I bought this weird game called Mystical Ninja starring Goemon for the Nintendo 64 and I suffered a massive culture shock from it, because I knew gently caress all about Japan and even less about anime. Like, I knew that ninjas are a japan thing, but the ninja hero turtles live in america for some reason.
And that game is pretty anime as it has a weirdass giant robot that comes with its very own radical theme song amongst other things.
It also taught me about japanese sliding doors, because I got stuck for a long time on the very first screen of the game because I could not find the door when the door is indistinguishable from a wall.

And it's still one of my favourite games to this day despite being a terribly mediocre mess.

Anime is pretty okay. Games are also okay.

That's my anime story.

EDIT:
VVV It's not short if you don't speak proper english or get stuck in the very first screen for an hour or two!

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 6, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That game was pretty cool. I didn't have a save pack or whatever so I had to leave my game on during the entire playthrough. Thankfully it was a pretty short game so I only ended up leaving it on for a night. Great rental.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

post ur gunpla itt

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
Due to conversations in a secret society I Gunpla'd myself out of $170 buying three kits and some tools.

Gundam MG RX-78-2 Gundam One Year War 0079 Ver Model Kit
Micro-Mesh Pad 2x2 Variety Pack Asst (6)
Bandai Hobby MG Jesta Model Kit
Tamiya Sharp Pointed Side Cutter
Tamiya #74003 Angled Tweezers - MK803
Tamiya Basic File Set
and a third model simply called Gundam

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

i play crossover robot anime fanficton games and like them

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm pro-JoJo.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Does The Dragon Ball Zed count as an anime? It's a cool show about these guys, and when they get really mad they go into a "Super Saying" state (like I guess they're saying how mad they are or something?) and then they have big fights with each other. There's a lot of fighting and they punch like 5 times per second.

I think there was also a game on the NES for it where you battled in space with magic cards.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

PotatoManJack posted:

Does The Dragon Ball Zed count as an anime? It's a cool show about these guys, and when they get really mad they go into a "Super Saying" state (like I guess they're saying how mad they are or something?) and then they have big fights with each other. There's a lot of fighting and they punch like 5 times per second.

I think there was also a game on the NES for it where you battled in space with magic cards.

DBZ is Chinese Cartoons.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Robot Alchemic Drive is hella fun.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The best anime I ever watched might as well have must been live action (cowboy bebop) and the worst anime I've ever watched need to be an anime to justify it's terrible plot devices and story-arcs (dragonball z)

anime is for weirdo's

even worse are the people that say "let them enjoy what they want to enjoy"

Whats next? Defending Paedophilia?

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

How dare those assholes find joy out of something small in life.

Also I have a hard time believing that someone who hates anime would end up on a trip to Tokyo with weeaboos. How the gently caress does that even happen?

lol, calm your tits. They're good friends. I was like, exaggerating on a comedy forum, or something. It was pretty cringe-worthy being around them in the shops, but we all had a good laugh about it.

I lived in Osaka at the time and wanted to visit Tokyo. They were going there, along with a load of other people, for a video game expo, so I tagged along. Even though I wasn't a gamer at the time, I actually enjoyed the expo and especially all the fruity cos-players that turned up - those guys put in some real effort I can tell you. Even Akihabara was interesting in a weird, eye-opening kind of way. I even bought something there: a diecast model of Juan Pablo Montoya's 2004 Williams F1 car. Why I don't know, because I hated Monty and his stupid walrus-nosed car, but I guess I didn't want to feel too left out amidst the frenzy of loli figurine purchasing.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Drunk in Space posted:

I went to Tokyo with a couple of weeaboos once and when we got to Akihabara they made complete and utter clowns of themselves, gushing over little schoolgirl figurines and various other perverted Japanese poo poo like big dumb gaijin manbabies. Both of them were 30-somethings.

gently caress anime forever. Except Akira. I liked that one.

i dont get it when people blame anime for what appears to be their autistic manchild friends and companions. like first off why are you hanging out with these people? and second do you really think if anime didn't exist they wouldn't find some other piece of children's media to jack off to?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The third Youkai Watch game is taking place in the States. Specifically some place called St. Peanutsburg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07HgkD_3mFI

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PotatoManJack posted:

Woah, this post is really bad.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Top tier anime games include brave fencer musashi, tomba, gex, crash bandicoot, spyro the dragon, sonic adventure 2 battle, ecco the dolphin, weaponlord, 007 goldeneye, thps2, thug, nfl blitz, ufc 2014, soldat, half life, planescape torment, europa universalis 3, bomberman racing, and the list goes on

you like gay games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hello guys

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the best anime video game is marvel vs capcom

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Firstborn posted:

you like gay games

I said the list goes on. Idiot. There are more of them than those, including but not limited to Quake 3, Doom 4, Halo 2, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Jak and Daxter, Fairy Solitaire, Red Faction, Worms World Party, T2 The Arcade Game, etc.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I will never be a sexy anime boy or girl.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the new dbz movie looks baller

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I need to get into dragon ball again. Anime or manga?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

If you like Dragon Ball then you should try Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

If you like Dragon Ball then you should try Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

holy poo poo agreed

it is actually way more over the top than Dragonball is

which um, if you had told me that before I watched it I would not have believed you

every new villain is basically 'how can we make this show even loving weirder'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i like all my video games equally

[scene change]

i don't care for anime.

• Locked thread