Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

dead babies aren't going to miss their toys. I'm not saying it's ok to take the toys, I'm just putting out a solid dead baby fact.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

What I'm saying is baby pepper was probably just playing in the woods

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

dead babies aren't going to miss their toys. I'm not saying it's ok to take the toys, I'm just putting out a solid dead baby fact.

get this those toys actually belong to the grieving parents who expect to see them when they return also the tin train my son tried to run off with had shoddy craftsmanship and was maybe haunted(?)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Bo-Pepper posted:

get this those toys actually belong to the grieving parents who expect to see them when they return also the tin train my son tried to run off with had shoddy craftsmanship and was maybe haunted(?)

of course the parents expect the toys to be there, and of course they will be dangerously haunted. All I said is that the babies won't miss them.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
This is why we were taught to just bring rocks to the graves we visit. Find a rock at a beach or riverbed that feels "right" and fits in the palm of your hand then bring it with you when you visit the grave and leave it at the base.

dogdisaster

by Lowtax

what do you expect ghost babies to play with then?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fuck. marry. t-rex

Baby ghosts are the least threatening kind, you already expect them to be throwing up and smell, etc, wailing and so on

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

no it's true the skeletons of parental dreams do not care about stuffed animals in the rain and sun bleached pokemon

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Baby ghosts are the least threatening kind, you already expect them to be throwing up and smell, etc, wailing and so on

every time somebody dies they are reborn as a baby ghost. babies who die are double-baby ghosts

fuck. marry. t-rex

Sorry if you had to attend a child funeral bopepp

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Also sorry if you had to attend a real funeral

dogcrash truther

Why was he dancing on the graves of dead babies

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

dogcrash truther posted:

Toys, man.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Bo-Pepper posted:

no it's true the skeletons of parental dreams do not care about stuffed animals in the rain and sun bleached pokemon

do you write for NPR's "This American Life"?

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

bacalou

i was gonna make a joke about furry pimps and hos, but adding in dead babies just didn't work and now I feel :whitewater:

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
its me im the toyless ghnost baby

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

WetNightmare posted:

:(

pig slut lisa

irl is good

WetNightmare posted:

hey baby

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

of course the parents expect the toys to be there, and of course they will be dangerously haunted. All I said is that the babies won't miss them.

yes they will? the whole pt of the planting of toys in proximity to the dead child (within the radius of its ambient spirit aura - usually about 8 feet for the first few years) is so that enough particles of its spirit get sufficiently suffused into the husk of the toy that the child's spirit can sprout off and be sustained within the vessel of the toy before the ambient spirit aura fades away and the parents lose their chance for their beloved's spirit to live on.

leaving toys, flowers or other artifacts at a grave is a commonly known practice for the spirit to take foot somewhere. it's not just for the good of the parents (who expect the toys to have part of that spirit when they check back on it), but for the good of the baby's spirit.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 26, 2015

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

it is okay i gained omnipotence i dont even like toys anymore

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

HEY- haha WHAT'S WORSE THAN A DEAD BABY??

monkay

The official sad poster

no dead babies?

fuck. marry. t-rex

This freaking Wikipedia article!

smoobles

bo peppre your kid looks like a decent healthy kid congratulations on your ofspring

----------------

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
Just a little more about spirit auras bc it's a topic people don't know much about, is useful for knowing how things get haunted, and I don't want the tuition money I spent on the Postmortem Continuation Sciences course to go to waste

I alluded to an ambient spirit aura. The spirit, after death, starts to radiate from the bones yet keeps in proximity to the skeleton (which acts as a sort of electromagnet). The spirit acts uncertainly according to properties of particle physics. As the chemicals in bones break down by their natural half lives, the attractive power of the bones diminishes - but not linearly. It occurs with a lag and log phase (see diagram) The lag phase breakdown occurs after an average of 1.6 - 4.8 years (95% of population) at an event known as critical bone polarity failure (CBPF) where numerous spiritual sustainence systems fail at once, causing a mass decline feedback loop until it logarithmically approaches zero (but never actually reaches zero!).

Six feet under is widely known to be a "proper" death depth, because any deeper and the aura might not reach above ground to the grave plot (named as such because it is where the story of the beloved's spirit can live on), and any more and it might overlap into its neighbors' plots which is really inconsiderate to the beloved's family when they get some aspects of a stranger's personality mixed up in their child's old baseball mitt. (This latter fact is also why proper grave spacing is a vital concern; mass graves are very dishonorable to the dead's legacy.)

It also allows the spirits to mingle with their neighbors at the same depth who pass into their spirit field and pass along any communications in the spirit chain of all conjoined spirit auras. This is important because during the first few years, the spirit is still in turmoil and needs a verdant support network to help them work through their troubles and come to terms with death. Also this allows for ghostfucking and ghost romance, which can help sustain the spirit aura past the first few years and allow for artifacts to have a stronger haunting past the initial level of haunt-sustainment. For thos worried about age differences in ghostfucking, spirits are ageless and immortal.

Even though spirits are immortal because technically all of their particles never disappear, the area they can occupy and number of particles approaches practically nothing, which is why the practice of leaving artifacts for them occupy is common. Artifacts left in the spiritual aura's radius pick up particles of spirit over time. Random collisions between the spirit particles and the object's physical molecules occur in such a way that the spirit particles can get lodged in the gaps of physical molecules instead of simply passing through as they normally do. At first, these spirit particles are trapped and have no attraction. But in a way opposite to CBPF, the object can reach a point where it gains enough spiritual particles in its physical frame that the frame itself starts to act as an electromagnet for spiritual particles.

In this way, a spirit can live further on past its initial bodily/skeletal demise as it perpetuates itself in haunted objects! It will not have as large of a spirit aura radius in the new object, because there is no better nucleus than a skeleton, but it puts off the rapid demise of #s of particles that occurs when the initial host vessel breaks down. It can haunt these objects so long as the physical frame of the haunted object remains intact. Once the physical frame of the object starts to break down, CBPF occurs just the same. This means sturdier-framed objects act as a new spirit aura hub better than transient and fragile ones (plastic toys work better than wooden toys which work better than flowers).

And before you ask "if skeletons are so good about it, why don't you just put another skeleton beside it to keep it forever," other people have tried it and failed. For one, skeletons still have the spiritual polarity of its initial spirit and that's like putting the matching poles of a magnet together. It don't work. Second, it's a used skeleton you moron, the problem is that it's already losing its spiritual constitution. that's like putting the engine of a car with a bad transmission into another old car with a bad transmission.

I think this covers all the basics. Different spiritual polarities work better with different objects but that's a much more advanced topic I don't want to go into and confuse any of you. Also at that point in the semester I was behind on term papers for two other classes and I ended up bombing the test on that section of the course. It shouldn't have been in an intro course in the first place imo.

have a blessed day

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:stare:

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
please don't disturb the artifacts on others' graves. teach your child of this bopepper. teach them to respect spirit auras.

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather

Rodatose posted:

Just a little more about spirit auras bc it's a topic people don't know much about, is useful for knowing how things get haunted, and I don't want the tuition money I spent on the Postmortem Continuation Sciences course to go to waste

I alluded to an ambient spirit aura. The spirit, after death, starts to radiate from the bones yet keeps in proximity to the skeleton (which acts as a sort of electromagnet). The spirit acts uncertainly according to properties of particle physics. As the chemicals in bones break down by their natural half lives, the attractive power of the bones diminishes - but not linearly. It occurs with a lag and log phase (see diagram) The lag phase breakdown occurs after an average of 1.6 - 4.8 years (95% of population) at an event known as critical bone polarity failure (CBPF) where numerous spiritual sustainence systems fail at once, causing a mass decline feedback loop until it logarithmically approaches zero (but never actually reaches zero!).

Six feet under is widely known to be a "proper" death depth, because any deeper and the aura might not reach above ground to the grave plot (named as such because it is where the story of the beloved's spirit can live on), and any more and it might overlap into its neighbors' plots which is really inconsiderate to the beloved's family when they get some aspects of a stranger's personality mixed up in their child's old baseball mitt. (This latter fact is also why proper grave spacing is a vital concern; mass graves are very dishonorable to the dead's legacy.)

It also allows the spirits to mingle with their neighbors at the same depth who pass into their spirit field and pass along any communications in the spirit chain of all conjoined spirit auras. This is important because during the first few years, the spirit is still in turmoil and needs a verdant support network to help them work through their troubles and come to terms with death. Also this allows for ghostfucking and ghost romance, which can help sustain the spirit aura past the first few years and allow for artifacts to have a stronger haunting past the initial level of haunt-sustainment. For thos worried about age differences in ghostfucking, spirits are ageless and immortal.

Even though spirits are immortal because technically all of their particles never disappear, the area they can occupy and number of particles approaches practically nothing, which is why the practice of leaving artifacts for them occupy is common. Artifacts left in the spiritual aura's radius pick up particles of spirit over time. Random collisions between the spirit particles and the object's physical molecules occur in such a way that the spirit particles can get lodged in the gaps of physical molecules instead of simply passing through as they normally do. At first, these spirit particles are trapped and have no attraction. But in a way opposite to CBPF, the object can reach a point where it gains enough spiritual particles in its physical frame that the frame itself starts to act as an electromagnet for spiritual particles.

In this way, a spirit can live further on past its initial bodily/skeletal demise as it perpetuates itself in haunted objects! It will not have as large of a spirit aura radius in the new object, because there is no better nucleus than a skeleton, but it puts off the rapid demise of #s of particles that occurs when the initial host vessel breaks down. It can haunt these objects so long as the physical frame of the haunted object remains intact. Once the physical frame of the object starts to break down, CBPF occurs just the same. This means sturdier-framed objects act as a new spirit aura hub better than transient and fragile ones (plastic toys work better than wooden toys which work better than flowers).

And before you ask "if skeletons are so good about it, why don't you just put another skeleton beside it to keep it forever," other people have tried it and failed. For one, skeletons still have the spiritual polarity of its initial spirit and that's like putting the matching poles of a magnet together. It don't work. Second, it's a used skeleton you moron, the problem is that it's already losing its spiritual constitution. that's like putting the engine of a car with a bad transmission into another old car with a bad transmission.

I think this covers all the basics. Different spiritual polarities work better with different objects but that's a much more advanced topic I don't want to go into and confuse any of you. Also at that point in the semester I was behind on term papers for two other classes and I ended up bombing the test on that section of the course. It shouldn't have been in an intro course in the first place imo.

have a blessed day

i read and agree with all of this

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Rodatose posted:

have a blessed day

:gulp:

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Rodatose posted:

have a blessed day

:agreed:

----------------

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

being stuck in a vehicle next to a projectile-vomiting toddler who can't handle a drat car ride. <:mad:>

Math Debater

by zen death robot
that boy is in for a world of hurt. how cruel of his parents to bring him into this world.

----------------

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

dogcrash truther posted:

he was less dancing then joyfully stomping about on the graves of dead babies think something similar to christopher robin marching with his drum we went to a baptism so almost the opposite of a child's funeral but he couldn't sit still in a church for an hour so i took him outside to run around and the small church just happened to have a cemetery next to it and how was i supposed to know there would be a whole section of child graves with single years written on each one

alnilam

It is really sad, when a child dies

alnilam

In Pittsburgh the new childrents hospital was built right next to an enormous cemetery, what the gently caress hospital builders?!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

alnilam posted:

In Pittsburgh the new childrents hospital was built right next to an enormous cemetery, what the gently caress hospital builders?!

children's hospitals are the world's largest generators of dead babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

when you think about it hospitals in general should have a water slide chute leading from their top floor to the nearest cemetery there's no reason death can't be festive fun and convenient

• Locked thread