Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

Let me give you all a comprehensive list of what I want from Fallout 4:

- It to actually be a new TES game

:iceburn:

Have fun buying Elder Scroll Online expansion packs for the next decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
yo for real, gently caress elder scrolls online, what a piece of garbage

fuckin sending me e-mails trying to get me to play again, gently caress off bethesda 2 hours of the beta was enough for me for all of eternity

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wonder how long until the PS4 version of Elder Scrolls Online is a free PS+ title

even then I wouldn't play it

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

cat doter posted:

yo for real, gently caress elder scrolls online, what a piece of garbage

fuckin sending me e-mails trying to get me to play again, gently caress off bethesda 2 hours of the beta was enough for me for all of eternity

:fut:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I tried playing ESO a few days ago and got frustrated at how terrible it was.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I need Fallout: Texas Commonwealth

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

precision posted:

I wonder how long until the PS4 version of Elder Scrolls Online is a free PS+ title

even then I wouldn't play it

considering the beta was free and even then I hated every minute of it, this is true (before anyone asks, no the bugs weren't the problem)

a game so terrible they can't even give it away

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Fallout 3, new vegas, and skyrim are good games

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Saagonsa posted:

Fallout 3, new vegas, and skyrim are good games

I think fallout 3 and to a lesser extent skyrim are good games that get progressively less good the more you play them because you start seeing the seams in the engine and the repetitive level design but up until that breaking point they can be enjoyable

hope u enjoy that nuance, friend

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Everybody in this thread complaining about how poo poo Fallout 3 and Skyrim were have put at least 100 hours into both of them and are going to buy Fallout 4 at release and do the exact same thing when it stops being fun at hour 101.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I wonder if the gameplay will actually be good this time. Anytime a Bethesda game comes out the same thing happens to me. I load it up, get pumped by the awesome intro, find myself amazed by the graphics/world for the first 3-4 hours, and then get incredibly bored with the bland gameplay, and never touch it again. This has literally happened to me for every Elder Scrolls game, and Fallout 3.

Also it will be interesting to see how they approach the next TES game now that they have an actual competitor in this genre with CD Project Red.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Failout.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if this isnt current gen only then it will be dollfaced ugly poo poo.

honestly I'd rather have Dishonored 2 a million times over another Fallout

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

if this isnt current gen only then it will be dollfaced ugly poo poo.

honestly I'd rather have Dishonored 2 a million times over another Fallout

There's a not zero chance that both of them will be announced.

That's the ideal for me, fallout announced for this fall and dishonored sometime next year.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Everybody in this thread complaining about how poo poo Fallout 3 and Skyrim were have put at least 100 hours into both of them and are going to buy Fallout 4 at release and do the exact same thing when it stops being fun at hour 101.

I beat Fallout 3 once and never played it again. Same with Skyrim

Checkmate nerd :colbert:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Only buying it if it's not on that loving awful Gamebryo engine or some derivative of it.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Bardeh posted:

Only buying it if it's not on that loving awful Gamebryo engine or some derivative of it.

I'm sure they'll say it isn't (it will be).

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
yes

yes it will reintroduce paid mods

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's been 5 goddamn years, about time they announce something.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Megasabin posted:

I wonder if the gameplay will actually be good this time. Anytime a Bethesda game comes out the same thing happens to me. I load it up, get pumped by the awesome intro, find myself amazed by the graphics/world for the first 3-4 hours, and then get incredibly bored with the bland gameplay, and never touch it again. This has literally happened to me for every Elder Scrolls game, and Fallout 3.

Also it will be interesting to see how they approach the next TES game now that they have an actual competitor in this genre with CD Project Red.

The intro is the worst part of any Bethesda game though.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

computer parts posted:

The intro is the worst part of any Bethesda game though.

This can't be happening. This isn't happening!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

zidane13 posted:

I just hope I can finally murder some kids again. And again. Man I love killing kids. gently caress those carefags for removing kid killing. Child cutting. Baby beating. Infant immolation. Crotchspawn chopping. Youth yanking(not their dicks, like pulling their limbs until they break off because they are so weak and disgusting and iI wanna kill them all.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
New Vegas was a buggy, buggy, masterpiece,

Fallout 3 out was ok, but it was worth it to get New Vegas made.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they put guns back in.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Fallout 4 will run on id Tech

and they will call it Fallout 4: Rage 2 :evilbuddy:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Obsidian actually did a pretty decent job bringing back a lot of things that made Fallout well, Fallout but it's still muddled by Fallout 3's legacy with it's real time combat and 1st/3rd person perspective.
Add turn based combat, an isometric perspective and maybe another year of development time to NV and it would have been great.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Broseph Brostar posted:

Add the ability to shoot people in the crotch to NV and it would have been great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I will be very disappointed if they continue to leave out guns, despite the classic Fallout games having numerous examples of guns.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

Obsidian actually did a pretty decent job bringing back a lot of things that made Fallout well, Fallout but it's still muddled by Fallout 3's legacy with it's real time combat and 1st/3rd person perspective.
Add turn based combat, an isometric perspective and maybe another year of development time to NV and it would have been great.

Isometric isnt doing Obsidian any favours right now. Theyre making money, but not megahuge amounts, from Pillars. Doubt we will ever see a proper oldschool fallout again. Wasteland 3 would be an easier bet.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

evilmiera posted:

Isometric isnt doing Obsidian any favours right now. Theyre making money, but not megahuge amounts, from Pillars. Doubt we will ever see a proper oldschool fallout again. Wasteland 3 would be an easier bet.

I stole that post from Neogaf :ssh:

There's no chance of isometric RPGs ever making a resurgence, its a dead genre like 3d collectathon platformers.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

There's no chance of isometric RPGs ever making a resurgence, its a dead genre like 3d collectathon platformers.

1) Wouldn't call it a resurgence, but Shadowrun: Dragonfall was pretty good and they're making another one of those! I think!

2) Looks like someone hasn't backed Yooka-Laylee :shepface:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I just hope they do a better job in the dialogue and map design for Fallout 3, and I hope Three Dawg loving dies in the intro if it's another loving east coast game.

Broseph Brostar posted:

I stole that post from Neogaf :ssh:

Maybe not as AAA titles but isometric RPGS have already returned as small budget and indie titles. Wasteland 2 kinda sucked but I would be real happy to have a modern Fallout 1/2-esque post-apocalyptic isometric RPG even if it's not in that franchise.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

evilmiera posted:

Yes, and we know how well the other games that have massive budgets are doing in terms of profit. (they hemorrhage money out the rear end)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Fallout 4 is going to have a Fallout version of ISIS and you die automatically if you upload muhammed_dickmod.exe

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The best part of Pillars of Eternity was Obsidian once again hiding your main base behind three loading screens and this time they couldn't blame it on consoles like they did with New Vegas.

Also how all the praise for how deep and subversive their writing is got to their heads and now literally every quest has a twist ending to the point where it becomes rote and predictable when Bob the Puppykicker is actually a good guy and the guy who gave you the quest was the evil one all along.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
-Bethesda will announce fallout 4 is developed on idtech 5
-Id software is involved in development
-it'll get called "skyrim with guns" by the same people who will play it 100 hours

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

echronorian posted:

-it'll get called "skyrim with guns" by the same people who will play it 100 hours

"Like Far Cry 3 with guns"

-Machinima

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Sleeveless posted:

Also how all the praise for how deep and subversive their writing is got to their heads and now literally every quest has a twist ending to the point where it becomes rote and predictable when Bob the Puppykicker is actually a good guy and the guy who gave you the quest was the evil one all along.

Yes, that is clearly what they were focusing on and is exactly what their story is all about.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
WELP.

http://www.destructoid.com/pretty-much-confirmed-guillermo-del-toro-s-production-company-creating-fallout-4-trailer-291924.phtml

Short form: Artist working at Mirada Studios posts on his CV/resume that he's worked on a trailer for Fallout 4. Someone at Destructioid sees this and posts it as purely a rumor. Mirada demands Destructoid pull the story for violating an NDA. Destructoid didn't sign this NDA, so they give Mirada the finger. Why would you have an NDA for something that doesn't exist? So yeah, it's coming.

Meanwhile, TWO folks at Mirada probably lost their jobs. The artist and the idiot who sent the demand without checking with the client to see if it was in their best interest.:downsbravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Eonwe posted:

I need Fallout: Texas Commonwealth

Holy poo poo, this would own.

Although, it'd probably end up being a 3D Wasteland 2 with a bigger game world.

• Locked thread