Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Today's bonus stream will be starting in about an hour. It will probably be shorter than the usual streams, but we'll see where the day takes us and how cooperative the game is with regards to money.

http://hitbox.tv/Artix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
We're live now! It's minigame time!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Here's a GIF I've been meaning to make for a while.

Here it is in Avatar size if anyone wants it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Bonus Stream (May 22)
Part 1 (Castle Town)
Part 2 (Lon Lon Ranch)
Part 3 (Lake Hylia)
Part 4 (Gerudo Valley)
Part 5 (Ganon's Tower)

Artix fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 23, 2015

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Link rides horses sidesaddle, like the proper lady he is.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Is....is it a horse?

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Since the chat wasn't visible and I got to the stream late, can that other hellhorse picture be posted in this thread?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Alpha3KV posted:

Since the chat wasn't visible and I got to the stream late, can that other hellhorse picture be posted in this thread?

I only posted two in chat during the stream out of 12, so here's the full set.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
The whole set of videos is up now. Tomorrow's the make or break day, if we can get past that damned Spirit Temple room.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Artix posted:

The whole set of videos is up now. Tomorrow's the make or break day, if we can get past that damned Spirit Temple room.

At worse force PJ64's advanced settings on, turn on cheats and make it give you bombchus.

I mean, you could bottle adventure some in your inventory, but you need to save sanity somehow. :v:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I imagine that's what normal Epona would look like if Biggoron sat on her.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Played around a bit to see if the game would give me upside-down Link but no dice. So, it's time to do whatever we can in Ganon's Tower and whatever will be, will be. Final Chaos Stream starts in 5:

http://hitbox.tv/Artix

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Our Hero of Wine finally did it, folks. He won drunk off his rear end. :unsmith:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Stream 9 (May 24)
Part 1 (Ganon's Tower)
Part 2 (Ganon's Tower)
Part 3 (Ganon's Tower)
Part 4 (Ganon's Tower)
Part 5 (Ganondorf)
Part 6 (Ganon)

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I still don't understand what you did differently to get in the tower.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Oh god I should not drink on stream I'm so sorry for being obnoxious in this stream

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I just want to know what Thebes meant. Other than that it was a great stream.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

CrazySalamander posted:

I still don't understand what you did differently to get in the tower.

I think what happened was that we were stuck in the state where we're walking through rooms, which supersedes petty things like hitstun or damage. When we got through, I guess we got lucky with the timer on backwards movement?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
I'm disappointed you overwrote the boomerang right before you could have used it in the fire temple room. Backwalking over the bridge mostly made up for it

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That...

That was not how I envisioned you getting through the final dungeon.

It was, however, a thing of beauty.

Also, the final glitch was a camera/rendering glitch. Kudos to you, Chaos Edition, for going out with the same glitch you came in with. :golfclap:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's been a wild ride everybody. My eyes are now permanently scarred, so I hope it was worth it.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Shei-kun posted:

Also, the final glitch was a camera/rendering glitch. Kudos to you, Chaos Edition, for going out with the same glitch you came in with. :golfclap:

The "final glitch" was the video plugin not doing a framebuffer effect because it couldn't, and was doing so through the entire game at the game over screen and on the menu. It's independant of "chaos mode". The actual last thing chaos mode actually did was put a third arm on Link.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

i81icu812 posted:

I'm disappointed you overwrote the boomerang right before you could have used it in the fire temple room. Backwalking over the bridge mostly made up for it

Boomerang can't collect Silver Rupees, just like the Hookshot. We were hosed either way in that room.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
So investigating our Bombchu disappearance, it turns out that the moment we lost Bombchus isn't actually recorded. Less than a minute after you load the prepared "Link" save after deciding Goku wasn't gonna make it you can see that we already have a Bottle in the Bombchu slot.

What I suspect happened is that during your initial unrecorded gameplay that produced the prepared save you got the Ocarina of Time on C-Right with the C-Right Roulette, then emptied a Bottle of Bugs the game placed on your B button. This causes the item offset lookup to identify the Bombchu slot as the slot the Bottle on B came from and place an empty Bottle there. See here.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Finally caught up.

This was fun. :unsmith:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

SystemLogoff posted:

Finally caught up.

I just loved how Zelda was gasping and screaming in shock the entire cutscene because Link was spontaneously and irrationally on fire.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I love how none of them could identify it properly until they saw Link on fire.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

SystemLogoff posted:

Finally caught up.

:eyepop:

I don't remember this happening. When did this happen?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

I love how none of them could identify it properly until they saw Link on fire.

To be fair to me and presumably Curtiss, we were watching the stream muted so we really wouldn't have been able to figure that one out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SystemLogoff posted:

Finally caught up.

Someone needs to make this an avatar.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Shei-kun posted:

I just loved how Zelda was gasping and screaming in shock the entire cutscene because Link was spontaneously and irrationally on fire.

I think the reason Link started on fire is because he started moving during the cutscene and ended up walking straight into the fire wall around the arena.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

CrazySalamander posted:

Beginning of the Ganon fight, Link started backwalking during the cutscene and ended up face first in the fire wall. So the game, running on what little internal logic it has left, sets Link on fire. Because Zelda makes those concerned yells every time Link gets hurt, she was constantly yelling during the Ganon cutscene and none of us could figure it out until it finally cut to Link on fire.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

CrazySalamander posted:

Here's a link to the timestamp in the video where this happens! Bonus me freaking out at how awesome Curtiss is

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

As entertaining as the full frontal fire picture was, I think Link just being completely indifferent to being on fire is pretty good too.

I've been upside down
Electrified
Upside Down and Electrified
Orbiting Luigi
Riding Sidesaddle on a creature that ought not be
I don't give a gently caress anymore.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
It's a little late, but a friend of mine just finished some fanart of one of the best items in the LP

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So hey, I have a very special annoucement! Since I am a glutton for punishment, we are going to be doing a special encore presentation on Sunday evening! I do hope you'll join us, because I have something very special in mind.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Through fire and flame Artix, through fire and flame.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
We're going live in just a few minutes!

https://hitbox.tv/Artix

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I regret not connecting the dots to the Hell Dimension. I blame the Grave Lord Niko and his miasma of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I forgot that was going to be a thing.

• Locked thread