Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Oh also in the OP you should mention the difference between Read (most games) and Read/Write (Smash and MP10), and how amiibo can only store data from one game at a time.

It's a really good OP though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

majormonotone posted:

It's a really good OP though

Agreed.

Sorry if it comes off as nitpiciking, Just noticed a couple things, that's all!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

jivjov posted:

I think Nintendo.jp already does this...I'm guessing there's some retailer agreements in the US/Europe preventing it for the rest of the world.

Nintendo UK supposedly has a good system too, but they don't export so I never really looked into it. I suspect it's more that Nintendo US has never really sold anything online aside from refurbished systems and replacement accessories. I don't think their system even really links to a live inventory, since there were cases of people ordering a refurb system and having to wait a while until a batch was ready.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jivjov posted:

You're missing Mewtwo and Lucas in the TBA section. The second most recent direct (where Lucas was announced) confirmed that DLC characters would get amiibo.

EDIT: Also, in the compatibility section, the Hyrule Warriors section could use a mention of the fact that once the Spinner is unlocked Link and Toon Link unlock a high-starred Link weapon.

And no mention of the upcoming Animal Crossing cards?

i ran out of time trying to find consistent pictures for the remaining five + dlc but i'll create something soon

the hyrule warriors thing i didn't know because i never came across it so thanks

also the animal crossing cards section is coming soon yeah

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm gonna spend myself into poverty buying all the Animal Crossing cards

Nintendo struck gold with these loving things

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

oddium posted:

i ran out of time trying to find consistent pictures for the remaining five + dlc but i'll create something soon

the hyrule warriors thing i didn't know because i never came across it so thanks

also the animal crossing cards section is coming soon yeah

Yeah, all the Zelda character amiibo unlock a high-starred weapon for the appropriate character (presumably the Ganondorf one will work the same way). The Link/Toon Link amiibo just happen to unlock the spinner on their first scan.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ness is in stock at GameSeek now, but looks like it's having checkout issues. He's much more expensive, though, weighing in at $29 including shipping.

edit: ZSS, Palutena, Ganondorf and Dark Pit are up, too, but marked way up at 19.99GBP each.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 5, 2015

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Agrias120 posted:

edit: ZSS, Palutena, Ganondorf and Dark Pit are up, too, but marked way up at 19.99GBP each.

poor america

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Ok finally got my Jigglypuff and Extra Greaninja in the mail today. Does anybody want to trade for a unopened Greninja? I'm looking for Dedede, Marth, or Lucina. I don't care if its open, just as long as it doesn't look like rear end. I also have a Sliver Mario if anybody just wants to gave me a Charizard for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If I screw up and I don't get any more amiibos in the smash line like my plan I'm at least going to struggle for Olimar. He's my buddy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, looks like Mega Man may have had a sneaky reprint at some point recently, because I just saw three of them on a shelf at a Target.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
yeah I've seen them all over the place in brisbane

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.
What are you people doing to yourselves?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wait, Ganondorf is due this month? Time to go and preorder Ganondorf. Then I'm done and out with this :butt:.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

I made shelves for these dumb things so they'd match my cute & colorful living room (unpictured)

(still need to paint the cubbies in this next one)

Gonna put hooks under the hanging shelves for the yarn yoshis, probably paint another three-level spice rack to stick next to that one in the third picture, and I'll probably make a cute holder for the Animal Crossing cards (I'm a bookbinder/repairperson so I can probably come up with something cooler than a plastic binder).

I got Silver Mario coming in tomorrow & I managed to get Rosalina on amiami. I don't pay above MSRP and I got probably about half of them on sale because I started with wave 3. If I had a better job I probably would tho because I've wasted more time than I wanted to acquiring these things. Those $20 Pits & Falcons that have been popping up are tempting.

Mostly I just want Chibi Robo tho.

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 5, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Star Guarded posted:

I made shelves for these dumb things so they'd match my cute & colorful living room (unpictured)

(still need to paint the cubbies in this next one)

Gonna put hooks under the hanging shelves for the yarn yoshis, probably paint another three-level spice rack to stick next to that one in the third picture, and I'll probably make a cute holder for the Animal Crossing cards (I'm a bookbinder/repairperson so I can probably come up with something cooler than a plastic binder).

I got Silver Mario coming in tomorrow & I managed to get Rosalina on amiami. I don't pay above MSRP and I got probably over half of them on sale because I started with wave 3. If I had a better job I probably would tho because I've wasted more time than I wanted to acquiring these things. Those $20 Pits & Falcons that have been popping up are tempting.

Mostly I just want Chibi Robo tho.

Where is Ike?

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

Where is Ike?
Don't have one yet :( They're rare in the US, and especially where I live. My local Gamestop didn't even fulfill their preorders for them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Boggus posted:

What are you people doing to yourselves?

Acquiring cute and colorful Nintendo collectibles.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

:siren: insanely baller pattern alert :siren:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Welcome to the amiibo Hut.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I like the Yoshi whose nose is Samus's visor.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I heard the Pokemon amiibo do unlock additional Yoshi patterns, just not Pokemon-themed patterns. I can't prove anything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Huh, squid amiibo unlocks a pattern. I sure hope the other two do too or that'll suck for people who missed out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

oddium posted:

I will never not be using the Captain Falcon or Little Mac skins.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I miss the old thread :(

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

GameSeek continues with the restock Pre-Orders. Rosalina is up now for about $29 (including shipping from the UK).

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.
I'm still going back and forth with Play-Asia trying to understand their policy on combining orders...not sure why but the first rep I talked to said that if I combine orders there is a chance that I will lose my spot altogether and not get something I ordered, so I said don't do anything I'd rather be out a few bucks than lose an order. Then for some odd reason I got an email today from a different rep telling me that they honor all orders but combining them may mean it takes longer to get out to me. Like wtf why was that last email needed...? Now I am stuck trying to email them to figure out who was right.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

oddium posted:

Oh man, Sonic Yoshi has Sonic's striped shoes. :3: That game. It is too adorable. It is going to kill me with a Cute Aneurysm one of these days.

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
FYI - Walmart Canada has put up some Gold Mario, Charizard and Pac-Man stock online. Jiggly Puff was available for about 90 seconds, I got one then it was out of stock again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody send me a Splatoon 3 Pack , please.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Cultisto posted:

FYI - Walmart Canada has put up some Gold Mario, Charizard and Pac-Man stock online. Jiggly Puff was available for about 90 seconds, I got one then it was out of stock again.

Go figure...can't ship to US. :(

Hopefully my buddy in Canada gets my message and snags me one.

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe

OssiansFolly posted:

Go figure...can't ship to US. :(

Hopefully my buddy in Canada gets my message and snags me one.

Robin and Lucina were up as well though I'm only casually collecting a few of these things so I didn't realize they were some of the rarer Amiibo. They're OOS now but Charizard has gone from OOS to In-Stock 3 times now so I'm refreshing the page from time to time since they seem to be trickling out stock.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Gameseek cancelled their Wave 5b orders, just got the notification from them. Apparently they went up by mistake. Gambled and lost on Dr. Mario, but I didn't have any other preorders on the other two.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Mine's still up currently.

They must be doing this manually since they have to refund the money as well.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. Just got the notices myself.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

rip in peace olimar/bowju

stay safe rosalina

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
+4 to amiibo! Snagged Toon Link, Sonic, and Super Mario Peach over at Toys 'R Us today, and got Toad at Gamestop (I don't think any of these are particular victories but enh). None of which were the ones I was looking for, naturally, but hey, I'm happy with that.

I'm intending to give the Toon Link up as a gift for a friend of mine though. Mostly because he's been a Toon Link main since Brawl and that hasn't changed in 4.

I also need to set aside some actual space for the drat things because the top of my Wii U is running out of room really quickly.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Toon Link is extremely good in 4 and my level 50 amiibo consistently kicks my rear end so your friend will have fun with it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

sonic yoshi definitely among the better looking ones which makes sense i guess. ill use that one a bunch

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

flarp22 posted:

+4 to amiibo! Snagged Toon Link, Sonic, and Super Mario Peach over at Toys 'R Us today, and got Toad at Gamestop (I don't think any of these are particular victories but enh).

I'd say Toad is uncommon, so that's a victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

bring on wave 5