Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the best thing to do is to put on your headphone, turn off the lights, and stare at milkdrop playing daft punk for hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

error1 posted:

And not the clearly superior Cubic Player for DOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIBUta7hc5U

holy poo poo. that looks even better than ncmpc

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
is there actually a huge culture of major dos nerds who are still extending the platform and building cool open source software for it?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don't think huge is the right word

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I use VLC for my music needs.

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

pandora, and youtube when i want to listen to something specifically, have suited my music needs for a while now. before that i used itunes. i'm not sure of the point in maintaining a music collection these days

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
lol if your not playing mod files on protracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3jEA7710s

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

lol if youre not using spotify on all your systems/smarttvs

oh yes let me just use this lovely service that has 30% of the music i listen to and where the artist gets a 0,00000000000001% cut of the money

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Granbar posted:

oh yes let me just use this lovely service that has 30% of the music i listen to

"doooont stop belieeeevin "

wooooooooooo!!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

crusader_complex posted:

"doooont stop belieeeevin "

wooooooooooo!!

30% might've been an overestimate too. gently caress spotify, it's killing music

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Granbar posted:

30% might've been an overestimate too. gently caress spotify, it's killing music

I wish every label ever went bust and everyone had to resort to Bandcamp and selfmarketing and selfpressing of vinyl

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

that's a lot of work for a limited market. cool strategy.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

that's a lot of work for a limited market. cool strategy.

the yospos way

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Granbar posted:

oh yes let me just use this lovely service that has 30% of the music i listen to and where the artist gets a 0,00000000000001% cut of the money

Better than my previous system on plex where it had 100% of my music and the artists got 0%

(Also with a family it's easier to manage all the kids songs and stuff you can't get elsewhere except youtube). Lol at having a 3 year old use foobar2000 to listen to the Lego movie song.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Granbar posted:

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Better than my previous system on plex where it had 100% of my music and the artists got 0%

(Also with a family it's easier to manage all the kids songs and stuff you can't get elsewhere except youtube). Lol at having a 3 year old use foobar2000 to listen to the Lego movie song.

casual scrub

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Larry Parrish posted:

I use VLC for my music needs.

same!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

error1 posted:

I'm a big fan of the foobar deskband, this way I hardly ever have to look at the main UI

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=78234

PYF taskbar location, I've kept it on the right edge ever since I lost my one true love BeOS :(
I should probably clean up that system tray someday though

lol at the windows notification area forever

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Granbar posted:

casual scrub

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
foobar2000 looks like just the windows music player i need, thanks op

idk why but linux seems to have the broadest and best selection of music players, everything on windows & mac sucks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm goobar is on word does and retain ly does not suck

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ iOS

foobar is on windows and certainly doesn't suck

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

echinopsis posted:

Jesus Christ iOS

foobar is on windows and certainly doesn't suck

fubar2000 is the closest thing you can get to a linux experience on windows. It's like the bspwm of music players.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

idk why but linux seems to have the broadest and best selection of music players, everything on windows & mac sucks

i use MOC, it's good

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

echinopsis posted:

I'm goobar is on word does and retain ly does not suck

same

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Foobar2k owns but I can't be hosed configuring it
Is there a site with configurations all good to go?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

aside from the visual theme, what's there to even configure

just use it you dumbo, you dont need album cover displays or visualization or other stupid surface poo poo. play/volume controls, seek bar, whole window of playlist, finito

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Don't let your kids touch your tech

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SpaceAceJase posted:

Don't let your kids touch your tech

we're not all star trek fans

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

scamtank posted:

aside from the visual theme, what's there to even configure

just use it you dumbo, you dont need album cover displays or visualization or other stupid surface poo poo. play/volume controls, seek bar, whole window of playlist, finito

I like file system on left coz I am always adding to playlist etc

that's it

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

fubar2000 is the closest thing you can get to a linux experience on windows

ouch

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
lol just use subsonic on your computer and stream your music anywhere

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

gargle chome posted:

lol just use subsonic on your computer and stream your music anywhere

epic thissery

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

lolocal media

OnymousCoward
Feb 19, 2014

RZA Encryption posted:

lolocal media

Exactly why I use mopidy, all the convenience of [your mpd client of choice], combined with the music library of [your streaming music provider of choice]

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

OnymousCoward posted:

Exactly why I use mopidy, all the convenience of [your mpd client of choice], combined with the music library of [your streaming music provider of choice]

that's kinda cool. i like mpd+vimus (also having mp3s, cause you can't listen to elite underground rap mixtapes on spotify), but would be cool to have streaming as wlel

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
this thread is definitely a bunch of fail

pram
Jun 10, 2001

error1 posted:

And not the clearly superior Cubic Player for DOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIBUta7hc5U

this is hella tite. off the chain, even

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

listen to music on your iPhone and use your computer for Real Work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

error1 posted:

I'm a big fan of the foobar deskband, this way I hardly ever have to look at the main UI

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=78234

PYF taskbar location, I've kept it on the right edge ever since I lost my one true love BeOS :(
I should probably clean up that system tray someday though

a hearty lol at this poo poo.

• Locked thread