Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Cabbagepots posted:

What advantages will Hugo get from V-Trigger?

That he's not in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
No DP shortcut how I mash reversal online Crapcom?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I hope Capcom takes to heart everyone complaining that Ryu hasn't changed and Ken shows up with a beer belly and a comb over and a sweater vest and his V-ism thingy is using his kids as an assist.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Uhh, it's "Charlie Nash's Monster." Thanks.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Policenaut posted:

If you want to play character roster theory then you should look at the results of Capcom's Street Fighter character popularity polls. They polled USA and Japan to varying results, and I'm laughing my rear end off at Rufus being the lowest ranking active Street Fighter.

Other than the Cross Tekken trailer where he thinks Bob is a fat Ken, I've never liked his design. The fact that he got in over someone like Alex or Q is just terrible. :sigh:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bhsman posted:

The fact that he got in over someone like Alex or Q is just terrible. :sigh:

i am so ready to hear phrases like this over and over for the next six months

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

all i want is eagle and roltento to be stick bros in sfv

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I really hope for Vega or some kind of similar character with high mobility, sick range but low damage. That's my jam.
Also Q or at least Balrog, plzkthxcapcom.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

all i want is eagle and roltento to be stick bros in sfv

If Rolento will be in SFV I'll throw my hitbox out of the window. gently caress Rolltrento.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://imgrush.com/Uj7kycgEC_jl.webm

ign loving lied chun didn't throw a loving fireball

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

quote:

"So we wanted to focus on that aspect, while also having the game feel new and fun. We thought the speed from Super Street Fighter II Turbo was appropriate, so we sped the game...but then, we also wanted each character to feel like a unique experience. When we looked at the V-Skills, we saw an opportunity to see how each character will feel different."

lol it's not st speed

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Hagger making GBS threads Guy while Cody rides him did not get enough love in the other thread.

Also it worries me, as they put Alex on posters and then did not put him in the games. :(

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The v-skill stuff sounds neat, I guess, focus attacks are gone, and ultras are gone. Game might be okay.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lothire posted:

Hagger making GBS threads Guy while Cody rides him did not get enough love in the other thread.

Also it worries me, as they put Alex on posters and then did not put him in the games. :(

I figure at least one of those dudes will be like a season DLC character.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Focus is gone but everybody and their mom gets a projectile nullifying v-skill :nyoron:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kuai posted:

Is Karin in this game yet? If not then cya.

Please don't come back!

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Pomp posted:

The v-skill stuff sounds neat, I guess, focus attacks are gone, and ultras are gone. Game might be okay.

Time to ruin yet another thread with my poo poo opinions.
I don't think focus attacks or ultras were inherently bad mechanics.
Set play, vortexing and the overall defensive neutral game were worse.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lothire posted:

I like this stage because it's Q's stage.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I notice they're doing a multi-round mix with the music where each round has its own track, just like in 3rd Strike. But it's completely moot since the music in this game is absolute poo poo.

#FreeOkugawa, #FreeShibata, #FreeTheIwais.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

No DP shortcut how I mash reversal online Crapcom?

Lol if you think this game won't have input shortcuts.

interrodactyl posted:

https://imgrush.com/Uj7kycgEC_jl.webm

ign loving lied chun didn't throw a loving fireball

Also lol if Charlie's does this as well and over half the characters in the game have parries already.

Sure looks like no focus attack alright, :thumbsup:

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 12, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

WarEternal posted:

Lol if you think this game won't have input shortcuts.

This build apparently doesn't have the df d df dragon punch shortcut, Omega doesn't have it either.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i miss you real fireballs

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Arzachel posted:

This build apparently doesn't have the df d df dragon punch shortcut, Omega doesn't have it either.

https://mobile.twitter.com/unastrike/status/609073228674236416

Not according to this guy.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Brother Entropy posted:

i am so ready to hear phrases like this over and over for the next six months

Oh I'm fine with new characters being added on principle and only gave Alex or Q as an example (Urien is another character I'd love to see added, as would Eagle), but Rufus just seemed like a big dud in terms of design. Even Twelve or Necro from 3S are more interesting to me than Rufus.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Bring my man Oro back and all his awesome back story, then make his v-trig let you use both arms :getin:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ryu is supposed to become Oro but Capcom doesn't have the balls to do it.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Am I a bad person for not so much looking forward to the game, but rather to the community going crazy over new tech, the drama, the streams and the inevitable blowups of big egos?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Icept posted:

Am I a bad person for not so much looking forward to the game, but rather to the community going crazy over new tech, the drama, the streams and the inevitable blowups of big egos?

Yes get out

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Well gently caress :(

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hopefully we see more v-styles than "parry"

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

every v tactic is going to be some variation on solving the fake problem of fireballs being too cheap

but it'll be okay because hey fireballs are totally good and useful in 3s even though there's parries anyways right???

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Icept posted:

'sup? :respek: I mean, that'll be an inevitable part of all this.

CharlestonJew posted:

Only Ryu has an all-around parry so far, and that's only useable on the ground and probably doesn't work against Critical Arts, either. Nash straight-up absorbs them for V-Trigger bar and Bison reflects them, whereas Chun Li has an interesting jump added to her repetroir; I'm hopeful they have something different for everyone.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Bison also gets v-bar for reflecting them and it also works against normals.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

bhsman posted:

Only Ryu has an all-around parry so far, and that's only useable on the ground and probably doesn't work against Critical Arts, either. Nash straight-up absorbs them for V-Trigger bar and Bison reflects them, whereas Chun Li has an interesting jump added to her repetroir; I'm hopeful they have something different for everyone.

Everyone having unique V-Skills is a really great concept but i really hope that someone else gets a variation of a parry as well, not just Ryu.
I want to parry the poo poo out of everything but I would prefer to not to have play Ryu for that.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Bison also gets v-bar for reflecting them and it also works against normals.

Where did you get that from? I didn't see Bison "parrying" any normals in any of the videos released.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Jack Trades posted:

Everyone having unique V-Skills is a really great concept but i really hope that someone else gets a variation of a parry as well, not just Ryu.
I want to parry the poo poo out of everything but I would prefer to not to have play Ryu for that.

More than unique v-skills, I want to see unique effects from taunts like 3rd Strike. :allears: Failing that, just make those into v-triggers: Q's defense up taunt, Dudley's rose toss, Shaun's basketball, etc.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6ghGitgjwyTL4bxCte?start=0

At about 5:55 he parries Chun roundhouse. Charlie also hits Ryu with his skill at 3:28, but his gauge is full so I'm not sure what else it does.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

At about 5:55 he parries Chun roundhouse. Charlie also hits Ryu with his skill at 3:28, but his gauge is full so I'm not sure what else it does.

I think Charlie's ability just does damage/"leeches an opponent's lifeforce" if they're up close, so there's an offensive use to it. I imagine a lot of people will try to get style kills with that a la Yun and Ken's taunts from 3rd Strike.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Is it my impression or did the character models get better? I remember being weirded out by the characters when the teaser came out long ago but now seeing the new footage I think it looks better, but I can't point out why. Am I crazy?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

why are you purposely posting false info

combofiend said you can recreate moment 37

nash and bison can both use their vskills on normals which you would know if you had watched videos or even just the clip posted earlier in this thread

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Sweet. I wonder if Bison and Nash can parry several hits in a row, like Ryu definitely can, or just one hit with a cooldown on the parry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is it my impression or did the character models get better? I remember being weirded out by the characters when the teaser came out long ago but now seeing the new footage I think it looks better, but I can't point out why. Am I crazy?

It looks better, agreed. A change I like personally is the reduced camera pan while tracking around the stage, SFIV overdid it, probably because they really wanted to show people it was 3D back at launch and they never changed it.

• Locked thread