Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It is the fires of the dome that transform the weak iron into steel. I will do somewhat better, maybe, next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Week One is done. Winners have been made, losers have been notified, and it's time for the second prompt:

I want you to tell me a story about Telling a story. The flavor for this contest is a simple yet elegant one: Your story must have someone telling a tale of some sort. Bedtime stories, urban legends, that 'friend of a friend' forwarded e-mail. There has to be someone telling a story in your story, and it has to factor in a meaningful way.

Sign-up Deadline: Wednesday, July 1, 23:59 Central Standard Time.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, July 5, 23:59 CST
Word Count: 1,200

Flash Rules upon request, of course.

The golden eggs:

The Wolf Among Us
The Walking Dead: Season 2
Grim Fandango Remastered
Oddworld: Oddysey and Exoddus Pack
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Long Live the Queen
(And whatever is left from Crime Week)

The bards:
N. Senada: You have to tell a story to someone who doesn't understand the language.

Little Mac: Your story must have a unicorn in it.

Unfunny Poster: You want to tell a funny story. But no one is laughing, for whatever reason.

Doctor Idle: You have to tell a whole story, but all you have is the first half.

Jamfrost: The person/people you are telling the story to are quite unhelpful.

Grrr-Krishnakk: You're hungry, and it's not helping the situation.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 30, 2015

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
In with a flash rule.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

J.A.B.C. posted:

Unfunny Poster for a really clunky bit of exposition,

Well poo poo I knew it was bad. :smith:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'll take honorable mention! I honestly was rushing to finish it due to time mismanagement and wasn't happy at all with the finished product. I wanted to make something that was definitely FF7 Chocobo Racing but also something you didn't need to have played the game to understand. It was tough to do and with more time could've been actually good!

I'm in again for this week... with a flash rule?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I'm in for this weeks prompt with a flash rule as well.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

N. Senada posted:

In with a flash rule.

You have to tell a story to someone who doesn't understand the language.

Little Mac posted:

I'm in again for this week... with a flash rule?

Your story must have a unicorn in it.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also I'm in for this weeks prompt with a flash rule as well.

You want to tell a funny story. But no one is laughing, for whatever reason.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
In. Can I also get a flash rule?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Doctor Idle posted:

In. Can I also get a flash rule?

You have to tell a whole story, but all you have is the first half.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

J.A.B.C. posted:

You want to tell a funny story. But no one is laughing, for whatever reason.

Way to bring my real life into it rear end in a top hat :smith:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I'm not very confident with this prompt, but I'm IN with a flash rule.

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
That critique was total bullshit you don't understand my unique gift and edgy style really helpful. Thanks for including the example, I can see exactly what you're saying and it makes a lot of sense.

I'm also in again because not gonna get better without actually writing. Flash rule again please.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'd go in again, but i'm gone from home for the next week and 1/2 starting tomorrow and I don't think i'll have the time. I'll definitely participate again in the future, though.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
How to Take Down an Empire while Drinking Beer – 1194 words

The port city of Nabor in the nation of Chel-o-chots attracted thousands of visitors every day. Among the batch that arrived today was sailor Jerry Claypool, a member of the Confederated-Republic’s Navy and enthusiastic conversationalist. Had Jerry been a more cautious sailor, had he known how much the C-R was hated by nearly every other nation on the planet, perhaps he would have noted the stranger who was always a few yards behind him. But this is why the Chel-o-chots intelligence organization chose him as their target. He made good practice for Ezekiel Vanderhoose who certainly needed the practice.

Jerry searched for a friend in this new place, somebody who could speak, as Jerry called it, a God-fearing language. Around these parts, Jerry thought, none of the locals bothered to learn how to actually talk. When he finally met Ezekiel Vanderhoose, who used the name Chet Smithwick, Jerry was ecstatic. Sure, this Chet guy barely spoke a lick of FreeSpeech but he was really interested to hear what cool stuff Jerry did and all the interesting places he visited. And what’s more, Chet was willing to let Jerry drink on his tab.

Spymaster Hogarth, contained within this report are the confessions of a Confederated-Republic sailor, Jerry Claypool. While subtly pretending to be a boorish drunk, I lured Claypool into confiding in me his exploits. Included in my report is my secret recording of the conversation along with my notes. I implore you to review this case quickly as this information could prove to be the turning point for us in this war against the villainous Confederated-Republic.

“So you sailor, you sailor with Confederated-Republic?” asked the spy Ezekiel aka Chet Smithwick.

“Oh yeah, Chet, buddy, I’ve been serving for a few months now,” said Jerry, “got to see a lot of top secret stuff. The old C-R has its hands in a lot of new, hi-tech gadgets. It’d blow your mind.”

“From ware house?”

“Oh, friendly of you to ask,” said Jerry, slightly crestfallen that his new friend was more interested in where Jerry was from than the cool new weapons the C-R is developing. “Nuova, a smaller city close to the east coast.”

The target immediately gave up the location of their center for research-and-development. That the Confederated-Republic entrusted such valuable information with such a low-ranking sailor reveals their hubris or their poor chain-of-command, perhaps both. I suggest we make Nuova a primary target in future invasion planning.

“And where you C-R soldiers?” asked Ezekiel aka Chet.

He wants to know where I’ve seen his soldiers, wondered Jerry. I guess he means those freedom fighters we’re at war with. “Well, I’ve seen them at just about every place I’ve been since joining. And I don’t mind telling you I’ve gotten into quite a few scuffles with them. Of course, I always wind up on the winning side. I wouldn’t be standing here otherwise, am I right buddy?”

There is much infighting among the C-R. What’s more, C-R soldiers must be losing their edge. That is the only explanation for how this pudgy sailor has been beating them in competitions.

“Your comrades, they do not care for you?” asked Ezekiel.

“Well, some of them have been giving me the real silent treatment recently,” Jerry admitted, “but some of the others, when we’re together, we have a real gas.”

I believe this sailor may be involved in chemical warfare development! I suspect this Jerry may be part of a splinter group that has separated from the main forces and is part of a cadre that is carrying chemical weapons on their ship.

“Anyhow, there’s no use complaining. Lord knows I could whine all day,” said Jerry.

“You wine all day?” asked Ezekiel.

“I think there are some days I whine from sunup to sundown. All of us boys do it though, you have to find relief where you can.”

This sailor is a severe alcoholic and it sounds like all of his shipmates are. They must have realized the brutality of the Confederated-Republic which explains why they have taken the chemical weapons. These expatriates may be valuable assets to us.

“How do you like Chel-o-chots?” asked Ezekiel

“Jell-O shots? Love ‘em!” said Jerry.

“You would want to join for Chel-o-chots?”

“If you line it up, I’ll join right in with you, Chet, buddy!”

“I will be back soon,” said Ezekiel, “Keep the cause alive, I will come back for you.”

Jerry thought it was weird that Chet had to go somewhere else to get Jell-O shots. They were already in a bar, but maybe this place didn’t serve them. Jerry sure didn’t know how to order them even if they did. So he sat motioning for a refill of his drink.

This Jerry Claypool is willing to join our cause. If we can infiltrate his splinter group and recover their chemical weapon, we can bring the Confederated-Republic’s monstrous weapon before the Superior International Court. The world would not ignore such a severe violation of international protocols by the Confederated-Republic. These hypocrites shall be punished for their crimes against humanity.

As you can see by my performance in the field, I believe my FreeSpeech aptitude test grades should be dismissed. I understand my initial failing grade prevented my progression to higher ranks and I would like to submit my report here for consideration. Spymaster Hogarth, thank you for entrusting me with this very important mission and glory unto Chel-o-chots.

----

Timothy Farhew, an elite spy within the Confederated-Republic’s Espionage Agency, could not believe what this report revealed. Farhew had finally become Spymaster Hogarth’s number two and the first document to come across his desk was this report by a lowly agent named Ezekiel Vanderhoose. Farhew had to act fast, there was no time to listen to the audio recording. Farhew quickly copied the report, abandoned his post, and ran to a safe house. He contacted his superior and relayed what the traitorous Jerry Claypool – and his crew of malcontents – had done.

Farhew’s superior, Col. Sanders, didn’t know how someone had found out about the chemical weapon plant at Nuova. Nor did Sanders know who this Jerry Claypool was and how he had become such a powerful player within the Confederated-Republic military industrial complex. Sanders assumed this Jerry Claypool must be a spy of the highest caliber.

----

Somewhere near the coast of Nabor, two Confederated-Republic sailors floated in a lifeboat.

“What the hell was that about? Our own boys launched missiles at us!”

“Someone must have told about the captain’s attempt to defect.”

“Do you think Claypool tattled on us?”

“How could he have? That idiot didn’t know anything about what we were up to.”

“Well, at least we were able to smuggle out the chemical weapon we stole from Nuova.”

----

Jerry Claypool didn’t know why this Chel-o-chots general was pinning medals to his chest. And he didn’t understand why everybody was cheering at him. And he didn’t understand why the Confederated-Republic had been declared an enemy of the world by the Superior International Court. But he was happy to have an audience.

“Let me tell you about this time I visited Nabor,” Jerry said to the roaring crowd.

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
On Sabbatical - 949 words

Geraldt strode up the wooden steps and banged on the rusty screen door, trying hard to ignore the growing ache in his stomach. The sun had almost set on this crisp fall day, the last shine of its fading light turning the air to gold. Geraldt glowered at it from under the wide brim of his hat.

Footsteps thumped on the floorboards and he hastily rearranged his features into an open, honest smile. The door swung open to reveal a plump matron with curling grey hair and a stained apron, her careworn face betraying her surprise at the sight of a handsome, smartly turned-out gentleman on her front porch. Geraldt knew how important it was to keep the mark off balance, and with the gusto of a veteran salesman he launched into his pitch.

“Afternoon, ma’am. My name’s Gerry, and I’ve been on a bit of a sabbatical hereabouts. Y’see, I was a sinner and was laid low by my wicked ways, before I found the Lord Almighty. To atone for my sins, I’ve been tourin’ the countryside doin’ good works for the elderly. I was wonderin’ if you had any odd jobs you might want attended to.”

“Well, good afternoon to you, sir.” The woman’s eyes narrowed slightly, her tone suspicious. There was a lot of that going around now, after word had spread about an old woman murdered in the next town over. “I might have some work for you, but how much is it gonna cost me?”

“Naught, ma’am. All I ask is a meal.”

“Well then, I suppose it couldn’t hurt none… where did you say you were from?”

“Oh, here and there ma’am. No fixed address. I was a doctor down south, before I found my salvation.” He’d played the doctor card before and it sometimes paid dividends. People trusted doctors. He could feel his eyes being pulled downwards, and he forced himself to look her in the eye.

“Uh-huh.” Her nose crinkled and she squinted up at him. “Say, what’s that smell?”

“Smell? I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean, ma’am. Now, if I could tell you about some of my good works-“

“Yeah, that smell. Smells like… sunscreen? An awful lot of it too, for November.”

“I’ve very fair skin, ma’am. It burns quite easily.” Geraldt could see the scepticism filter into her expression and cursed himself for an idiot. He had to regain control of the conversation. "Please ma'am, it pains me to speak of my wicked past, but if you'll just let me finish-"

“And why are you starin’ like that? I’ll have you know I’m a respectable woman!”

His eyes snapped up from her neck, as she jerked the neckline of her apron collar closed. “Oh no ma’am, I was just… uh, admirin' your necklace?”

That was even worse. “You ought to know that it was a gift from my late husband, sir. I don’t know what you think you’re doin’, starin’ like that at a respectable woman. Are you a pervert?”

Geraldt was getting frustrated, his patience eroded by hunger. His smile started to fade, and he just looked more harassed than honest. He could feel his canines starting to pulse. “Please, ma’am, I’m not after anythin’ more than a meal. Like I said, I’m a doctor and I’m takin’ a sabbatical, doin’ odd jobs for the elderly and helpin’ those as I can-“

“I think I know what help you’re intendin’, sir. And don’t try grinnin’ at me, that won’t work either.”

Geraldt clapped his hand over his lengthening teeth. “Ma’am, please, even if you don’t have any work, could you let me in for a drink? My time walkin’ the countryside has given me a powerful thirst. No funny business, on my honour.”

That was his trump card. It was hard for people around here to refuse that scant comfort to a traveller, with their quaint notions about old-fashioned hospitality. He could see her wavering, and in that moment he knew he was in. In the sudden vicious surge of his hunger his eyes were drawn back down to her throat, where he could just pick out the twitching of her jugular. He realised his error and dragged his eyes back up, but it was too late. He’d blown it. She stood staunch in the doorway, her course features now set in an expression of firm resolve.

“You may certainly have a drink, sir. But you wait here, I’ll bring you a glass.” The door slammed in his face before he could voice an objection. Geraldt was furious with himself. He’d been so close! The door swung open again and he opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the glass thrust at his chest. He barely caught it, managing to only spill half of the water down his front. The door slammed shut again. Beside the door, the curtains over the front window twitched aside and her face appeared, peering out at him suspiciously. “Leave the glass on the step when you’re done, pervert!”

Geraldt turned and stalked back down the creaking wooden steps, dropping the glass into the dust of the road. The sun had now well and truly set, and he doubted he'd be able to convince anyone around here to let him in after dark. It was looking increasingly likely that he’d be chasing raccoons again tonight. Vampirism had made a lot of progress in the modern age, especially with the advent of strong sunscreen, but the old laws of invitation into sanctuary remained as stubbornly inviolate as ever. Geraldt sighed over his rumbling stomach and kicked at the dust as he trudged towards the next house in the distance.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weekend got away from me and I couldn't submit a story. I accept my shameful fate.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
The Doctor Is in the House
- 550 words

I’ve had this monophobia that wouldn’t let me be.
No matter what I tried to do, I never could break free.
That’s when I made a call to Frank, praying he could come.
He said, “I will and very soon. No need to be so glum.”

What began were home visits that took place every day.
He didn’t seem to mind too much as long as I could pay.
He’d listen, nod, and talk with me to help me with my stress,
But then he seemed to grow aloof and chatted less and less.

I didn’t mind. His presence did so much to quell my fears,
But every time he left for home, I failed to stop my tears.
One night phantasmagorias took hold of all my dreams.
My paranoia came back hard and undid all my seams.

Suddenly the house appeared to grow and grow in size.
My cozy home became a place that wanted my demise.
I closed my anxious eyes with haste, saying “It’s okay.”
My worried cat climbed up the bed and stayed with me ‘til day.

The morning sun made shadows fade away into the light.
Alive and calm with cat in hand, I thought myself all right.
I knew that Frank was coming soon and put the kettle on;
Some chamomile would help me feel my sanity’s not gone.

I let Frank in and sat him down. I prepped myself to speak.
“As you know, my cat does help with making me less weak.
I panic less, but still feel scared. The feeling’s not the same.
I still can’t stand to be alone. Is my old age to blame?”

“I need a person here with me to know that I’m secure.
I feel exposed. The dark’s no good. I always feel unsure.”
Nodding in his seat he said, “We’ve covered this before.”
That’s when the kettle sang its tune which soon became a roar.

I left to gather everything and put them on a tray.
I added honey. Not much else. And thought of what to say.
“It needs to steep so in that time I’ll talk about my dream.”
His brows perked up with some surprise, a man of such esteem.

“The images that plagued my mind when I just wanted sleep
Made sure to trigger all my fears. Enough to make me weep.
I saw things that were buried deep in places I don’t tread.
What I remember felt so real. They scared me out of bed.”

“Hmm. Hmm. Okay. I need details about the things you’ve seen.
Leave nothing out. I need to know to find out what they mean.”
He psychoanalyzed my words, hoping to assist.
“It’s done.” I said as I watched him compiling a list.

I scrutinized the way he drank the tea that I had made.
He gave me an accusing glare while looking quite afraid.
He tried to fight the dizziness and keep his eyes alert.
I calmed him down as best I could and said, “You won’t be hurt.”

“I thank you for your company and all those times we met,
But words no longer give me strength and neither does my pet.
I need a person here with me to live without unease.
I’m sorry, Frank. I really am. I tried. Forgive me, please.”

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was unexpectedly busy. I accept shame.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

:siren: Submissions are closed! :siren:

We had three submissions, two bow-outs and one missed deadline. Probably not a good idea to put a contest on July 4 weekend.

I'll have my judging later up today, but it's going to be lenient this week due to my bad scheduling.

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
I forgot to ask, how do you feel about editing after posting? I know it's verboten in Thunderdome proper, but I didn't see it mentioned in the Gamerdome rules.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Grrr-Krishnakk posted:

I forgot to ask, how do you feel about editing after posting? I know it's verboten in Thunderdome proper, but I didn't see it mentioned in the Gamerdome rules.

Frowned upon in here, yeah.

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
Assumed as much, just wanted to make sure.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Alrighty then! Time for judgements!

For this week, there are no losers or DMs, due to the fact that it was the July 4 weekend. I'm feeling generous, anyways.

STEAM ID for contact

Jamfrost, talk to me for your three games!

Grrr-Krishnakk, you get the honorable mention for this week!

N. Senada, Also contact me for a free game!

Though, at this point I might have to close up shop again. We need more people to compete!

Little Mac, you still need to contact me for your game from last week.

I'll post up the next prompt soon!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Hmm, you could try longer cycles (2 weeks?) or bigger prize pools to entice people. Also, any judge notes? Those are always interesting to read.

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
Phew, awesome. I almost had to bow out too, but I was lucky enough to get an opportunity to put something together just before the deadline. Glad I did now.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

J.A.B.C. posted:

Though, at this point I might have to close up shop again. We need more people to compete!
Nooo I only just discovered the Resurrection™. For whatever it's worth (not much), I'm in next round regardless of topic.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

rivetz posted:

Nooo I only just discovered the Resurrection™.

It sifted, judged, and was ended
and rose again on the sixth month
in accordance with the entries.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

rivetz posted:

Nooo I only just discovered the Resurrection™. For whatever it's worth (not much), I'm in next round regardless of topic.

You may well regret those words.

Alright, time for another prompt. And you know what? I was holding this for the end, but I'm going to activate my trap card.

This week's theme is Anime, which is going to cover games, books and non-japan 'close enough' media to help spread out the inspiration. If you're familiar with anime, then congrats! You have a great place to start from. If not, then prepare to have your life ruined and head over to this collection of awful people and search for your examples.

Each contestant will either choose their genre or be assigned one, with some example titles to help set the mood. Such as:

gently caress Yes Giant Robots!! (Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagaan, G Gundam, Megas XLR, IGPX)

Your task then is to write a piece of fiction in that genre and present it here for everyone to see. Flash rules can also be requested, though it doesn't get you out of your genre.

Changing up the timelines a bit:

Sign-ups close: Midnight on Sunday, July 12.
Submissions Close: Midnight on Wednesday, July 15
Word Count: 1,500 OR Over 9000.

The worlds at stake:
Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 & 2
AkibaStrip: Undead and Undressed
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Astebreed
Carpe Fulgur Collection
100% Orange Juice
---------
Still need to talk to Little Mac Grrr-Krishnakk and N. Senada, so this list is still up to change.
Holdovers from the Telling a Story prompt.
Long Live the Queen
Wolf Among us
Oddworld Collection
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (Had an extra copy)
----------------
Holdovers from the Crime prompt
Driver: San Francisco
Shadow Warrior
Payday 2

Our spiky-haired protagonists:

Hypha: Strangers (Ika Musume, Sgt. Frog, Urusei Yatsura) FR: There has to be a yandere, and senpai has to notice him/her.

Jamfrost: Dark Magical Girls (Rozen Maiden, Madoka Magica) FR: Someone on the team has a 'bright secret' that doesn't fit the tone.

The Colonel: gently caress Yeah Giant Robots!! (G Gundam, Gurren Lagaan, Megas XLR) FR: The mech and the pilot just can't get along.

Grrr-Krishnakk: Brawlers (Holyland, Hajime no Ippo, Strongest Disciple Kenichi). FR: Your character HAS to shout the name of his attack, even if it would be a disadvantage or make no sense.

Cronodoculous: Space Cowboy. (Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Space Dandy) FR: Food. You are out of it.

SolusLunes: Cheerful Fantasy (Slayers, Those who Hunt Elves, Dragon Half). FR: One of your heroes has an annoying, hijinks-causing curse!

Justin_Brett: Body Horror (Parasyte, Guyver, Uzumaki). FR: The story must take place in a crowded area.

JamieTheD: Badass Swordsmen (Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Rurouni Kenshin) FR: Your story cannot take place in the feudal era.

SPECIAL GUEST: Rivetz, if he chooses to accept: Non-Stealthy Ninja (Naruto, Nabari No Ou) FR: One of your ninja works a really boring job.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 13, 2015

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Maybe this time senpai will notice me. In. ( is there a flash rule? I'm probs going to regret asking).

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
In. Please assign me a genre and a flash rule, desu~.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Hypha posted:

( is there a flash rule? I'm probs going to regret asking).

There is for you!

Your genre this week is 'Strangers', for those people who don't quite fit in for one reason or another. Urusei Yatsura, Sgt. Frog, Shinryaku! Ika Musume and similar.

Your flash rule is simple: Your story must have a yandere, and at sometime in the story senpai must notice him/her.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

In. Please assign me a genre and a flash rule, desu~.

Just for that desu.

Your genre is 'Dark Magical Girl', for those ladies who fight evil and each other, often for horrible reasons. Madoka Magica, Rozen Maiden, Sailor Moon R.

Your flash rule is that someone on the team has to have a 'bright secret', something that just doesn't fit with the grim dark darkness of the series.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

J.A.B.C. posted:

Your story must have a yandere, and at sometime in the story senpai must notice him/her.

Oh gently caress, I deserve this one...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Hell, I'm in. I mighty as well write something hopefully fun that I will actually share, especially if it might get me free anime game. I'll take up some giant fuckin' robots of the Gundam Fighter and Team Gurren variety.

Gimme my flash rule, man. I'm sure it won't completely ruin me. I hope.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 7, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The Colonel posted:

Hell, I'm in. I mighty as well write something hopefully fun that I will actually share, especially if it might get me free anime game. I'll take up some giant fuckin' robots of the Gundam Fighter and Team Gurren variety.

Gimme my flash rule, man. I'm sure it won't completely ruin me. I hope.

So you've chosen the prompt gently caress Yeah Giant Robots! Because chicks dig giant robots. Nice.

Your flash rule is that your giant robot and your pilot disagree. It could be in a literal sense, or in a figurative 'old man and his beat-up pickup truck' sense, but the two just can't get along.

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
In again, though I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up embarrassing myself. That hasn't stopped me for the last two weeks though I guess.

Flash rule, please. I know nothing about animes.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Grrr-Krishnakk posted:

In again, though I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up embarrassing myself. That hasn't stopped me for the last two weeks though I guess.

Flash rule, please. I know nothing about animes.

Your anime genre is brawlers. Fisticuffs of the more realistic variety, so no Stands or Super Martial arts. Holyland, Strongest Disciple Kenichi and Hajime no Ippo are all good starting places, so go find some synopses and get to brawling bigger and badder opponents.

Your flash rule is that your character has to shout the name of his attack, even though it makes no sense.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I'm IN, I await the terrifying uncertainty of being assigned a genre.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Cronodoculous posted:

I'm IN, I await the terrifying uncertainty of being assigned a genre.

Await no more!

Your prompt is Space Western. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Outlaw Star. A lot of great classics!

Do you want a flash rule as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

J.A.B.C. posted:

Await no more!

Your prompt is Space Western. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Outlaw Star. A lot of great classics!

Do you want a flash rule as well?

Yeah, you might as well give me a flash rule too, let's gently caress this poo poo up.

• Locked thread