Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Videogames are art
Yes
Goku
Vegeta
View Results

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
It's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Boom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Are you going to use the triple word score to unlock Colonel Mustard?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

RickVoid posted:

It's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Boom.

well done RickVoid the Jenga piece

azren posted:

Are you going to use the triple word score to unlock Colonel Mustard?

i believe you are thinking of an entirely different game! I hear SA goon Pins is going to LP that game later this year

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Putty posted:

ive been thinking about how much of a risky move this is, if some deus ex machina interfered before the tower fell i would definitely do it

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

That lady is a cute lady

Also that move is a total :master:

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

She didn't put it back on top though! She a big cheater. :colbert:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
my fingers cannot fit under the pieces like that but i will try it anyway

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Putty posted:

my fingers cannot fit under the pieces like that but i will try it anyway

Make sure to record a video of the ensuing tragedy.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9BmTmMEOhQ

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Do people stream Jenga? I think you've struck gold here, OP.
Move over, CS:GO and LoL and whatever the hell else twitch streamers play.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Putty posted:

i believe you are thinking of an entirely different game! I hear SA goon Pins is going to LP that game later this year

Right! I always do that! :doh:

That guy's using a cheat device; it's not the proper Jenga experience. :colbert:

Well, unless it's a romhack.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Challenge accepted.

My stupid hand is unable to fit under the blocks, the game is calling me finger-fat and this will not stand.

A simple ruler will have to suffice.

Will our hero succeed????

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Putty posted:

Challenge accepted.

My stupid hand is unable to fit under the blocks, the game is calling me finger-fat and this will not stand.

:perfect:

Heads up, we got ourselves a Zorro here.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Very nice, how many times did you have to reload?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:vince:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Yep, this just earned my 5. I appreciate that this game gives you a wide variety of options in terms of piece removal, you don't see that kind of effort put in to many games these days.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Putty, you are doing god's work.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Remove the block on the second-to-bottom line to the left. Which... is P1 I guess?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

5. Goldmine. :allears:

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

The movie is Die Hard, which is basically a film adaption of Jenga if you think about : it rips off Jenga in every single one of its major plot points (spoilers). Nice reference, OP. I want to be named after the piece that got ruler-sliced.
drat it, I'm an idiot. I was close though.

Is this going to be a 100% run? Will you be doing the sequel after this LP is finished?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

MrWillsauce posted:

Is this going to be a 100% run? Will you be doing the sequel after this LP is finished?

funny enough I have already done a let's play of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Oh, sorry but I never read that. Are you using the same character in this playthrough of Jenga as you did in the Skyrim LP?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

How else could he do that amazing H2 slam if not for his maxed out Speechcraft skill?

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

It's so obvious now that you say it.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I heard the import version (Jyenga no Masutaa: Meiyo Oppai) has some content that was cut for the western release. Were you going to show any of that off?

azren fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 10, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

I call bullshit. :colbert:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ViggyNash posted:

believe in putty. i'm a belieber.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Putty posted:

Challenge accepted.

HOLY poo poo

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ViggyNash posted:

Steel rulers can't melt wooden beams.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
I almost beat this once until my computer crashed and I lost my save.

Literally, the monitor fell on the tower.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
nice job blowing your jenga-load this early into the LP, we still got like a million blocks to go

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

JT Jag posted:

Remove the block on the second-to-bottom line to the left. Which... is P1 I guess?

i like to imagine those other three blocks are flipping this block off lmao

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Use your ruler trick to take care of the other two blocks.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'm going to advocate H2 until you make it happen. C'mon, Putty, you can do the ruler trick, what's a little cantilever demonstration?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Putty posted:

Challenge accepted.

Voting this thread 5

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i uh came home to this

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Ouch, total party wipe. Roll a new one. I vote for a dwarf bard this time.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

I understand why most casual gamers like Jenga, but I prefer a rougher, less predictable game like Jumbling Tower.

Most people dismiss it as a mere also-ran in the crowded woodblock stacking genre, but don't let its apparent similarities and relative unpopularity fool you, in many ways this game departs significantly from the conventions of the genre. The key difference is in the blocks themselves. While Jenga blocks are made smooth-edged and virtually identical in size, Jumbling Towers eschews that sort of hand-holding and makes ever block slightly different. Some blocks are thicker or longer than others by as much as a couple millimeters and many have entirely unique wood grain pattens. Each time you build a tower, these blocks form into a challenging new configuration that, like the procedural generation in Roguelikes, ensures that, even on the thousandth replay, the game will still be providing new things to experience. It's a shame about the UI though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Putty posted:

i uh came home to this

You got the worst possible RNG. Don't feel bad, happens to all of us

Duckbag posted:

I understand why most casual gamers like Jenga, but I prefer a rougher, less predictable game like Jumbling Tower.

Most people dismiss it as a mere also-ran in the crowded woodblock stacking genre, but don't let its apparent similarities and relative unpopularity fool you, in many ways this game departs significantly from the conventions of the genre. The key difference is in the blocks themselves. While Jenga blocks are made smooth-edged and virtually identical in size, Jumbling Towers eschews that sort of hand-holding and makes ever block slightly different. Some blocks are thicker or longer than others by as much as a couple millimeters and many have entirely unique wood grain pattens. Each time you build a tower, these blocks form into a challenging new configuration that, like the procedural generation in Roguelikes, ensures that, even on the thousandth replay, the game will still be providing new things to experience. It's a shame about the UI though.

This may be popular among some lonely neckbeards, but in the real competitive scene the goal is to minimize randomness as much as possible so that a true test of skill can be done. How the hell is Trihex supposed to play this shirtless? HUH?

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 12, 2015

• Locked thread