Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
... Try some levels yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

gnarlyhotep posted:

I think that Putty's obsession with Mario is a little disturbing, but at least it's all digital.

I lol'd

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Super Mario Maker - Goon Level Pack #1

Vid is long as hell but I didn't want to cut anybody's levels so watch at your own pace.

:siren:Play my new level before the Illuminati does::siren:

Mario visits the Art Gallery
8014-0000-0080-629C

Putty fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 4, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You will have to face the GB level again one day Putty

You cannot escape it.

Also maybe you do it later in the video but turn off comments please, they're horrible.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Rodyle posted:

Also maybe you do it later in the video but turn off comments please, they're horrible.

I disagree, leave them on because they are horrible.

Here I made another level just for u putty. It's about Mario doing some urbex and getting in over his head.

Mario and the Old Abandoned Well
8FEB-0000-008D-05B0

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 4, 2015

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I didn't know you knew me somehow Dish! That was fun to get a shoutout (and a reminder of dumb past usernames). Sorry TIME CRISIS didn't meet your expectations but it's very different from the levels I usually make on purpose. It's a gimmick level done for a goon contest where we had to recreate arcade games. If you wanted more "level" type levels, I have those too. The first one is my most recent level and probably the one I'm most satisfied with so if you play any of them, that's that one I'd like most. Feel free to play the rest if you want or just pick another at random.

Frigid Temple
234B-0000-007D-F711
This level is centered around ice blocks and their interactions with other things, mostly sideways springs.

A Long, Dry Cave
3142-0000-003B-4DE0
This level was based around different ways I could use Dry Bones, be them big, small or winged.

Girder Grasslands Remix (SMWCP2)
FD70-0000-0044-B562
This level was my attempt to recreate a level I made from one of SMWCentral's ongoing collaborative hacks, A Super Mario World Central Production 2, in Mario Maker. It's level 1-1 for that hack so it's definitely on the easy side. I really missed having slopes while making it. I also discovered that Mario Maker max length levels are still short compared to even basic SMW levels.

Piranha Cavern Descent
EFAC-0000-0023-2DD3
First real level I made with Mario Maker, I only used the Day 1 and 2 unlocks to make it.

The Underwater Boot Wars level was super creative! I never thought to use the shell hat as a puzzle element like that.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I agree with 100 hogs, having the comments on to potentially trip up Putty is a good idea.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

FPzero posted:

I didn't know you knew me somehow Dish!

I know everybody.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

seems like a fellow mario maker let's player in the related videos has been foreverially trapped in his youtube thumbnail for all eternity, please pray for him

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I can't believe you like the drop shadow. I've seen a lot of hair-brained opinions from you, putty, but that takes the cake.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
judge reinhold enters the fray without a level of his own to show

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Putty posted:

judge reinhold enters the fray without a level of his own to show

I don't own a Wii U, but my "dream level" is a faithful recreation of the famous "1-1" stage from the original Super Mario Bros (1985). The amount of fidelity is such that even the hidden 1-up mushroom block is there. Maybe one day we will see that made with Mario Maker, but until then, it's a "pipe dream".

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

judge reinhold posted:

I don't own a Wii U, but my "dream level" is a faithful recreation of the famous "1-1" stage from the original Super Mario Bros (1985). The amount of fidelity is such that even the hidden 1-up mushroom block is there. Maybe one day we will see that made with Mario Maker, but until then, it's a "pipe dream".

Didn't you play Sonic Boom on the Wii U???

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Suspicious Dish posted:

Didn't you play Sonic Boom on the Wii U???

It wasn't ours, but listen, I know putty is a stickler for the rules and I don't want to derail the thread.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Here's a fresh one from today. I'm a little worried by its difficulty, but we'll see. It was originally supposed to be for the Bowser-theme, but now Mouser's back with no Bowser in sight!

Mouser's coup d'état: D6DD-0000-008E-2383

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

judge reinhold posted:

tbf the levels that unironically do this on 100 Man Mario are missing the iconic hidden 1-up block

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Are you gonna show off any 10 man mario stuff? It's pretty short, but it does show off some neat mechanics.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I've already beaten all of it including the NWC 2015 stuff and there isn't really anything noteworthy worth looking at.

SteelWav
Oct 11, 2007

HINT:
Sometimes, the key to beating a level is to read the level name.

ie: "Cape away projectiles"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I found that out afterwards in a level that forced you to defeat like five bowsers using only cape damage. It's not that great.

also submit more bowser levels you chumps

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Making Marios (Marii??) seems like a great deal of fun, but unfortunately I don't have the console for it. So, some questions for those that do:

Can you really not make Luigis? That seems like an oversight
Can you make levels for the Mario with the turnips with faces? I haven't seen any.
Either way, did no-one like the turnip-face Mario?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I think Nintendo's tried its damnedest to decanonize Mario 2 at every turn...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Mario Maker and Smash Bros are a lot of fun but the WiiU still has no games

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
the smash bros. mario maker level has slopes

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Putty posted:

Mario Maker and Smash Bros are a lot of fun but the WiiU still has no games

Yeah, the complete lack of worthwhile 3rd party attempts to make good games for the system really limits it. It took a while for the regular Wii to catch on outside gimmick buyers for the same reasons.

A Slice of Bread
Dec 20, 2007

SMaster777 posted:

Just gave that a run. Was pretty fun, a nice change of pace from the usual "COMPLETE BULLSHIT" 100 Marios mode has been throwing at me.

A thwomp killed Bowser. It was hilarious.

the same thing happened to me! that was a fun level. thank you

here are a few levels i have made:

i will make a you a bowser-themed level tomorrow :)

X_countryguy
Dec 31, 2007

Whatscha holdup, Tron? If you don't hurry up there's not gonna be any pizza left!
My courses without screenshots:
Trampolines Below! 37F2-0000-003A-7820 (Made with only first day stuff. Obvious way around difficulty)
Day 2 Toys! Gotta Go Fast! 333C-0000-0041-8400 (Short gimmick course)
Day 3 Toys! Gotta Bounce! 3F30-0000-0044-3819 (Short meaner gimmick course)
Day 3 Toys! He's Got The Hi-Ground 8314-0000-0048-720D (Bowser level)
Day 5 Toys! Bowser's Air Docks! 90C3-0000-005E-F6C6 (Airship level. No actual Bowser)
Day 6 Toys! Ghost House UpN'Down BF17-0000-0063-6F75 (Non-maze ghost house. Just a pain in the rear end to do, probably)
Day 7 Toys! Track Attack! (Shoe) 5B17-0000-0067-85FA (My least inspired course.)

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I forgot I made a Bowser level the other day.

Bowser's Budget Bombastion
0976-0000-0095-1A26

Bowser built a castle on a shoestring budget and then had the bright idea to put bombs everywhere.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
From here on I'm going to have to ask everyone that you post at most 3 levels at a time. This is just to make it so I can play more levels by different people and to encourage you to post your better levels instead of all of them. Once I play yours feel free to post more or continue to post more for contests oh wait poo poo that contest ends today!

Every level that has already been posted before this will be played anyway.

e:

Putty fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 9, 2015

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Oh hey, glad I found this thread. I think I'm too late to put together a decent level for the current contest but maybe I'll get in next time. For now I'll leave you with one of my easiest and one of my hardest levels:

Let's get 'im, Big Bro!
By J-Spot
54A9-0000-008D-74C3

Perilous Parkour Palace
By J-Spot
B6E2-0000-0026-8ED1

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 10, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Here's my levels, I'd love to see you play/comment on them!

Hardhat Highroad
A4FD-0000-0087-D980

The gimmick of this one is that you have a shell hat, and there's a high path and a low path. If you lose your hat you have to take the lower path because you won't be able to survive the obstacles above, but the high path is more rewarding.

To the Top of Frostfall Peaks!
0439-0000-0090-E6BF

In this one you ascend a mountain, discovering its secrets along the way.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 10, 2015

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Super Mario Maker - Goon Level Pack #2

I'm currently trying to use Youtube's lovely inline editor to get rid of all the black space I left in by mistake but if you can't keep your craving for Marios in check you can watch it now anyway. (The video is only 35 min long)

:siren:Play my new level before Totalbiscuit does::siren:

Super Mystery Level
A8DD-0000-0089-5B26

Contest results coming soon.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Let's get down to business / and defeat the bowsers
did they send me Luigis / when I asked for Marios?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Am I seriously the only person that beat Putty's art level?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
those levels all sucked

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

That was one rowdy trout, but Turtilicious seem preoccupied by the glue left on his nintendo portable handheld system. Perhaps next time you could include a cocommentator who had purchased a superior DS cartridge holder?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
someone notify me the next time some camwhore idiot is streaming mario maker so I can trick them into playing the mystery level

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Canadian Thanks Giving means a fresh pair of levels:

The Langoliers
BCBC-0000-00A4-1F20

Monty Mole: Modern Warfare
6C0E-0000-00A4-7FFD

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Nice landline phone. Get a lot of calls from Alexander Graham Bell on that? "Google" him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

judge reinhold posted:

Nice landline phone. Get a lot of calls from Alexander Graham Bell on that? "Google" him.

wrong thread

• Locked thread