Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

lol @ all the liberal pearl clutching itt.

what if your kid had been the one murdered? wouldn't you want some justice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ThePriceIsRight posted:

imo they should execute him with the same shotgun he used to kill the girl except shoot him in the knees and let him bleed out, sends a message.

agreed

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
crucify him as an example to the rest

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
why is it legal to not have a gun

gunlessness leads to crimes like this

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kids will be kids

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
boys will be boys :shrug:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CuteJen96 posted:

i keep the shotgun under the bed and in reach.

That'd take you at least 8 seconds to grab, get with the goddamn times son

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCZdNrKNPg

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

if this clowns asleep they've already got the fuzzy cuffs on him before he can even do that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
parents should get charged with negligence resulting in wrongful death imo

CuteJen96 posted:

justice here having the meaning of killing an 11 year old as vengeance

nah

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

CuteJen96 posted:

Justice and vengeance are not the same thing.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

justice means what you want it to mean. there's no objective definition of justice. we could kill all americans and call it justice. in fact, i do.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
The difference between justice and vengeance is simple. Justice is resolution devolved out of the law of the land and abides by the moral code of society. Vengeance is whatever the gently caress you want due to a personal vendetta for punishment. I can serve justice as a judge who wasn't involved in the altercation. If something didn't actually happen to me I can't act out vengeance (avenging is different but also not justice).

You loving idiots I swear to god.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Would you deny an eleven-year-old his constitutional right to bear arms???
:911:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

good on him for standing his ground

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
for real though how is there not a law requiring you to keep your guns locked up at the very least?

2nd amendment retards really get butthurt about just that?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the correct course of action is to collect a handful of random people living in the area, have them decide what to do and then put the whole lot to death

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Justice and vengeance are not the same thing.
u kno what they say, justice means doing the right thing except sometimes when it means just ice

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

CuteJen96 posted:

Yeah, I'd want to kill the parents who left a loaded shotgun lying around for an 11 year old to use

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Literally every Tezzor gunpost.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Full anarchy now

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

yes, yes they do

they are good ways to secure a gun in the home and still have quick access to it but a lot of idiots just leave them loaded and accessible to anyone because "muh fredumz"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Moridin920 posted:

for real though how is there not a law requiring you to keep your guns locked up at the very least?

Honestly, even though it's a sane thing that every needs to do, how the hell would you enforce such a law? You'd need a warrant to get inside the house and see it, but a warrant requires a decent chunk of evidence/suspicion for the specific crime to get. About the only use that would get is punishing idiots AFTER their negligence risked the lives of everyone around them.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Don't give a hoot

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FoolyCharged posted:

Honestly, even though it's a sane thing that every needs to do, how the hell would you enforce such a law? You'd need a warrant to get inside the house and see it, but a warrant requires a decent chunk of evidence/suspicion for the specific crime to get. About the only use that would get is punishing idiots AFTER their negligence risked the lives of everyone around them.

You enforce the law the same way you enforce any law: you impose penalties when the legal system can prove someone contravened the law. It's not like any of the other laws we have stop people from committing other crimes, is it?

There's restrictions in Australia that guns have to be kept secured in a gun safe or similar and if a gun owner breaks that restriction they can have their gun licence revoked and their guns seized. Most responsible gun owners in Australia accept that responsibility but there's always a bunch of idiots or straight up criminals who won't.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FoolyCharged posted:

I dunno but when your kid shoots someone you can get charged with accessory to murder or negligence resulting in wrongful death or something and people would get the hint fairly quick I think.

It's a law in CA and while we obv still have shootings I feel like the odds of a little kid finding a gun and shooting someone are lower at least. I know my dad keeps his guns locked up in a fire proof safe just bc that's the law even though no one is coming to check. Although I could be wrong I guess I haven't tabulated any statistics.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I believe it is both cool and good that this child had such easy access to a gun and that he was able to shoot and kill another child. im gay

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

But he is only 11 and can't possibly know that shooting someone with a shotgun is wrong. Your brain has a natural switch in it where the day you turn 18, it flips and you understand right and wrong. This kid should just have to spend the night at juvenile to put a good scare in him. Boys will be boys. [/gbssjw]

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

But he is only 11 and can't possibly know that shooting someone with a shotgun is wrong. Your brain has a natural switch in it where the day you turn 18, it flips and you understand right and wrong. This kid should just have to spend the night at juvenile to put a good scare in him. Boys will be boys. [/gbssjw]

So what's the punishment? Should he go to jail with actual adults? Should he be put in solitary? Sent to an asylum? Do you want to kill this child? What's your solution here exactly?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

So what's the punishment? Should he go to jail with actual adults? Should he be put in solitary? Sent to an asylum? Do you want to kill this child? What's your solution here exactly?
I want to be mad about it on the internet!

Duh!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Yeah it's either we treat him like a hardened felon or we just slap him on the wrist and give him a stern warning.

it's obviously the parent's fault anyway aside from the fact that there's just a loaded shotgun lying around. you need a license to drive a car but any retard can pump out a kid.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
take his puppy and shoot it in front of him. then break all his fingers.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

had the boy played any video games prior to this?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

rezatahs posted:

take his puppy and shoot it in front of him. then break all his fingers.

A Lannister always repays his debts

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Puppies were probably all Hey wtf

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im pro-child-death

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm sure glad the legal system recognizes kid are impulsive, can't really evaluate long term consequences of their actions, and doesn't quite understand what death exactly means, while also having the ability to just ignore all that and have their trial be as an adult.

Parallax Scroll posted:

kinder eggs arent in the constitution
Maybe they should put small guns inside the kinder eggs and then they would be legal. Then timmy would have been trying to eat his kinder egg and McKayzie was all "no you can't eat those you could choke" and then timmy would pull out the gun filling, put on some shades, "Choke on this" blat blat.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A Lannister always repays his debts

Joffrey Baratheon did nothing wrong he was a child and cannot be held responsible for his actions.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Just thinking about this is depressing though, the family is never really going to get any closure and at the end of the day the only thing the punishment is going to do (whether it's for the kid, dad, or both) is just ruin a second family too.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 6, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I am really glad the boy's parents taught him what to do in this situation (shoot the other fucker full of holes) good job gunhavers we won this round!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Strategic Tea posted:

Joffrey Baratheon did nothing wrong he was a child and cannot be held responsible for his actions.

No child should be handed the keys to a kingdom.

or a shotgun.

• Locked thread