Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Day Man posted:

Ah yes, bartenders, baristas, waiters and sales people are the underprivileged.

Not janitors, field workers, construction workers, plumbers, bus drivers, child care workers, etc....

Nope, if you haven't had to work as a barista, you're privileged.
Yeah, throw in bus drivers and child care workers because they have to deal with the general public all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

What exactly is privileged?

Having a good life

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If you have suffered then you are a superior person. Praise the legacy of Christianity!

Can I dump some of my pesky privilege points by self flagellation?

Does the Tumblr church offer indulgences?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Snatch Duster posted:

Having a good life

Define "good"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Snatch Duster posted:

Well i didn't really count poo poo like " being called a fag" or "dyke" i mean, I assume everyone been called a fag growing up. Like everyday in the 90s kids were calling each other fag every 10 minutes.

Yeah. I mean "fag", "homo" and "oval office" were basically punctuation in my group of friends.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Lol I got 39

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Day Man posted:

Ah yes, bartenders, baristas, waiters and sales people are the underprivileged.

Not janitors, field workers, construction workers, plumbers, bus drivers, child care workers, etc....

Nope, if you haven't had to work as a barista, you're privileged.

Lol yea, most good sales people make more money at the company they work for than anyone else there. Of course excluding C level executives. Sales folks at Google make a killing, lolling at the programmers thinking $250k per year makes them elite hahaha

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FreudianSlippers posted:

Yeah. I mean "fag", "homo" and "oval office" were basically punctuation in my group of friends.

Hey this guy is taking away peoples privilege on the internet here!

Even though free speech is kinda protected.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Anything a white girl can use against you

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Kickin rad :hellyeah:

You live with 86 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re among the most privileged people in the world. We don’t live in an ideal world, but you happened to be born into an ideal lot. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. It just means a lot of other people in the world don’t live life with the advantages you have, and that’s something you should always be aware of. Hey, the fact that you took the time and effort to check your privilege means that you’re already trying.

SHARE YOUR RESULTS

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

gay - hope this quiz helps

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Allow me to reiterate

I just paid for my par diem airport dinner and beer proceeding my par diem flight with an amex I don't maintain and I'm not privileged

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

Hint - if you're sitting posting about this poo poo on the internet and not starving in a warzone you're extremely privileged.

The quiz results, regardless of what was selected, should have just defaulted to "you're on the internet, filling out a quiz on buzzfeed...of course your privileged, dumbass". :haw:

EDIT: Apparently I'm not privileged, because people in highschool were mean to me and I'm frugal? :confused: :v:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

It's the equivalent of "savages" or "thugs" but it applies to the assholes who dared to be born white cis and hetero

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
19/100

What?

I might not be white or hetero but my life has been more or less comfortable as hell. This was a terrible quiz though. Its a shame knowing someone somewhere takes this seriously.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Lmao " it's nothing to be ashamed of" thanks prole I was getting nervous for a sec

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

Define "good"

How about you define it, I got 100/100 so gently caress you

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So to check your privilege you just have to acknowledge people other than you have less?

These fuckers know we have thanksgiving every year?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Ok the only box I checked was "I have never heard of "Sallie Mae"" because lol, and I got a 1 on the privilege-o-tron. I think it's stupid and triggering that I only got "You're underprivilged" same as people who still had like 25 privilege. I call a foul in the oppression Olympics and I demand a re-accounting

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i got 51%

look at me, i'm a privileged gently caress. oppressing the poo poo out of some fools. and i'm not even straight!

i think there should be an option for whether you've squandered all your privileges and been a complete failure at life, and feel really sadbrained because of it, because i think that's a legit way that goons are oppressed in this day and age, and other people who constantly remind others about their privilege need to check their privilege and be careful not to trigger someone who had privilege and never benefitted meaningfully from it

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Either being a fat nerd doesn't count our I'm there champion

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
hey, just want to point out I'm a hetero cis white male and I only have 37 privilege points

I'm a depressed atheist who lives paycheck to paycheck and comes from a lovely family, yay for me

of course if you told me to "check my privilege" I'd tell you to go gently caress yourself no matter how many points I got on a dumb buzzfeed test, hope that helps

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I have never heard this statement: "you have been selected for random passport control"

well I have now thanks for the oppression stupid quiz

Ok I took the quiz for real though and I got a 33, and I'm a straight white male. Suck it privilege-havers

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

So to check your privilege you just have to acknowledge people other than you have less?

It's even more lazy than catholic repentance

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
glgugglugglguglguglgugluiggluggluglgugllguglugluglgu*I CANT BREAT*glugglguglguglgugllluglgugklguglguglgugglugglugllgluuug*pukes*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that checkbox list is too long

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh, who hasn't been called a fag before?

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i for one am astonished that a privilege checklist on buzzfeed is lacking in quality or objectivity

in all my days i never would have thought to see this!

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Yeah I think the original goal behind "checking (one's) privilege" was to get people to admit that even though they've worked hard and been through some poo poo and had to overcome some stuff, some people just got a worse start and/or had some way worse poo poo happen to them, and maybe just maybe part of the reason they're doing ok has to do with the fact that maybe there are some obstacles they haven't ever had to face like being the wrong skin color or being raped, and maybe some people doing worse than you might be doing a lot better if everyone (maybe just maybe including you) stopped making GBS threads on them.

Nah j/k it's about bragging about who's had it worse

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
yes, excellent journalism from esteemed news source buzzfeed

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
20-something journalism students are the ultimate judges on privilege

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Buzzfeed is garbage and I refuse to go there. That being said I am white, straight, and grew up middle class. it's loving rad to have so much privilege, and I'm not giving it up :colbert:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rape Stink posted:

Buzzfeed is garbage and I refuse to go there. That being said I am white, straight, and grew up middle class. it's loving rad to have so much privilege, and I'm not giving it up :colbert:

Dear black lives matter....

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

You don't have to actually be gay to get called a fag.

I got 26 which is lol as gently caress

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I am uncomfortable with public displays of affection, not due to any queerness but because I think sucking face in public is loving wrong.

Buzzfeed says this means I am less privileged than others. THANKS BUZZFEED!

Going by all these metrics a white mentally handicapped person could be most privileged creature ever, never sees racism or discrimination, has everything taken care of for them including others wiping your rear end for you.

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 6, 2015

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got a 64. this quiz is racist against white heterosexuals

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
71 because im cool and good

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
has anyone ever tried to touch your hair?

you would loving die.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
This survey is terrible it has multiple questions asking the same thing

"I have never been called a fag"
"I have never been called a fairy or any other derogatory name for homosexuals"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Maoist Pussy posted: