Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afro Doug

mauve , thats the one insn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platonicbackrub

youve had colors described to you countless times but you dont understand--they are abstract

yeah actually they will

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

with that said it's time for our second creative challenge

make a sound effect! The sound can be anything of your choice, but please describe what it is (a one-word description is perfectly acceptable)

3 hours starting now, good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2QK6J7fKGc

PinkoBastard
black

BIRDCON 2017

all incorrect!

holy loving lmao

my wheelhouse

by FactsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Afro Doug

jesus christmas... i'm dyin here

bearmoose

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

ho boy, it's time for some rapid-fire guessing trivia! it's an unfair question nobody can know!

what is my favorite color?

Blue.

Cause that's also where the Kraken lives: right blue-you.

PinkoBastard
it's not specified if we can guess more than once, so I'll say "purple" on the off chance that that's okay.

BIRDCON 2017

PinkoBastard posted:

it's not specified if we can guess more than once, so I'll say "purple" on the off chance that that's okay.

rapid-fire guessing was the name of the game and purple is correct!

the competition will definitely carry over into tomorrow, but the challenges aren't through tonight, stay tuned!

Android Blues

this is a truly remarkable talent

BIRDCON 2017

it's time for the final challenge of the night, and by golly it's a creative challenge

please write a haiku that expresses your love for a potted plant.

i will likely fall asleep before i can make a post closing the challenge, so you have until i wake up tomorrow to submit! some more questions and challenges will come tomorrow as well!

platonicbackrub

cactus in my room
i tried to lick you and it
really really hurt

Android Blues

ahem...

Pará rubber tree,
latex prevents syphilis.
your issue stems ours

*quiet sound of snapping*

PinkoBastard
potted plant, let's talk
I love you very much, please
don't poison the cats

posting smiling

gaahhahaha

Robot Made of Meat

Plants are too much work.
Split-leaf philodendron?
Water every month!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

holy poo poo lmao

bearmoose
Ceramic vessel
Contains earth (and moss?) Perhaps
Tomorrow Sun sets

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
Poor little bonsai.

Without water you have died.

Bonsai tree, brown, dry.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
From a seed you're grown
a bed of soil your home
grow drat you! grow now!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

BIRDCON 2017

good morning byob! and thank you to splatmaster, bearmoose, PinkoBastard, fema crisis actor, robot made of meat, android blues and buttkiss for your submissions! singling out a winner wasn't easy, but there can only be one...

and the winner is android blues! I thought the story you told through your haiku was particularly clever as well as being hilarious.

Honorable mentions to buttkiss and pinkobastard for getting a very audible laugh out of me

the competition isn't over, and enough challenges still await that it's anybody's game! stay tuned!

BIRDCON 2017

let's start off with some trivia

what popular 90s rapper has an ICP-themed tattoo and his own webshow/book that has nothing to do with rap?

fema crisis actor

Coolio

BIRDCON 2017

correct! another three points for fema crisis actor!

another challenge coming up soon, look out!

fema crisis actor

Phew! knew about his cookbook, but not the show or icp tat.

This game is fun AND educational!

BIRDCON 2017

clock's struck 11:44, that means it's officially time for another creative challenge

we're no strangers to jokes here on byob but today I want to feel sad. please create a piece of art that will make me sad. "art" in this case can be as broad of a definition as you'd like, if I feel bad then you have a valid submission!

also, for the submission to count please preface it with the following:
:siren::siren:i am the ma-ko shark:siren::siren:

3 hours starting now, good luck all!

fema crisis actor

i am the mako-shark

I almost posted a screenshot of an actual suicide note posted on Facebook yesterday, on which that poster made good. I was going to present it with the personal data obscured, with just the date, time, and body of the post visible. I had typed up a title card for it including title, medium, and description; I had spoilered the photo with the following explanation: b/c it is legit sad. Then i erased all that i had typed.

I did all that even though I knew while editing the photo that I couldn't post it here. I did all that because it helped me to process what happened yesterday. This was a friend of some friends of mine, and I had been worried since his post was found yesterday morning. This morning the worst fears were confirmed.

I was crying a bit while I crafted the entry post. I didn't know the guy, and had to ask myself why i was crying. I realized that I wasn't just crying for my friends who knew him, and what they would go through. I wasn't crying for his family, including his young son, or his mother who's comments I read under his last post yesterday. I was crying for all of us, for the fragility of life, and for the crazy meanness in the world and what it can do to people.

ty bacalou!

PinkoBastard

fema crisis actor posted:

i am the mako-shark

I almost posted a screenshot of an actual suicide note posted on Facebook yesterday, on which that poster made good. I was going to present it with the personal data obscured, with just the date, time, and body of the post visible. I had typed up a title card for it including title, medium, and description; I had spoilered the photo with the following explanation: b/c it is legit sad. Then i erased all that i had typed.

I did all that even though I knew while editing the photo that I couldn't post it here. I did all that because it helped me to process what happened yesterday. This was a friend of some friends of mine, and I had been worried since his post was found yesterday morning. This morning the worst fears were confirmed.

I was crying a bit while I crafted the entry post. I didn't know the guy, and had to ask myself why i was crying. I realized that I wasn't just crying for my friends who knew him, and what they would go through. I wasn't crying for his family, including his young son, or his mother who's comments I read under his last post yesterday. I was crying for all of us, for the fragility of life, and for the crazy meanness in the world and what it can do to people.

this was a good, sad read, and should definitely count as an official entry.

fema crisis actor

That's why I put the mako shark in front, short form prose could be considered art, right?

Android Blues

i've got somethin...just uploadin it...:ohdear:

e: here we are

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 27, 2015

fema crisis actor

Android Blues posted:

i've got somethin...just uploadin it...:ohdear:

looks like a 1:44 p.m. placeholder to me, should count, but we'll leave that to the judge

E:2:44, I'm in central time

PinkoBastard

That's why I put the mako shark in front, short form prose could be considered art, right?

You're right, my bad!

Android Blues

looks like a 1:44 p.m. placeholder to me, should count, but we'll leave that to the judge

E:2:44, I'm in central time

im terribly sorry now that i have fully digested your entry that you did something heartfelt and i made a cheesy street sharks joke. namaste

fema crisis actor

PinkoBastard posted:

You're right, my bad!

nah, yer good 😸

Android Blues posted:

im terribly sorry now that i have fully digested your entry that you did something heartfelt and i made a cheesy street sharks joke. namaste

On another day, I would have done something similar, but when I thought sad today, that was all I could go to

BIRDCON 2017

this creative challenge is over! fema crisis actor your submission made me legitimately sad, I only hope your story isn't true, but regardless great job making me feel a way that byob never could before!

everybody wipe your tears away, more coming up!

fema crisis actor

Sadly, it's true. Felt good to share.

fema crisis actor

BIRDCON 2017

it's time for our second-to-last creative challenge

take the following image:

and manipulate it. if an image-editing program can do it then it's allowed, though elements of the original image should at least be apparent

see you at 7:37ish!

BIRDCON 2017 fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIRDCON 2017

Whoops, let me resize that first

E: okay go!

BIRDCON 2017 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 27, 2015

• Locked thread