Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Sure, let's see what kind of career an art degree will lead to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
We an art major now.

Aww poor pops. Diabetes sucks.

Jesus begins school, since he is 6. Let's hope he does a tad better than mom in that whole "intelligence" thing.

:( Christ, mental health problems orbit around us.

I'd love to, but we have a total net worth of a thousand dollars.

The ride never ends does it. Stop getting sick people :mad:

We just turned 36, and graduated with a degree in art! We did it guys! Unfortunately, we did not qualify for grad school, but at the very least, we have a degree. We also don't have many more job opportunities, unfortunately, since we're raising children.

Also, this just happened. :sigh:

Even in death, our parents are still looking out for us.

He got a job?

THAT'S THE REAL poo poo BABY, 192K A YEAR!!! WE'RE 40 YEARS OLD AND DOING SOMETHING! WE'RE DOING IT!

At age 42 (Our youngest son is now 12) skipped a year in school.

Close one.

And now our older son, Jesus, graduated from high school.

Unfortunate.

LITTLE EARLY DON'TCHA THINK JESUS?

At age 44, we can actually do this. We have 800K in the bank.

Papa and mama would be so proud.

Hey, we can move to Minnesota :siren: my home state! Ramiro would make more as a doc there.

Accept the offer
Bank on a raise and stay in Orange.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 14, 2016

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
Accept it, cause moving is fun

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Do it. With her kids old enough to look after themselves, Isabel may be able to find a better job in Minnesota.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Snap, things are going a lot better than I expected.

Except for all the schizophrenia, I guess. Dr. Drew would say that people are attracted to the craziness they grew up around, so I guess it's to be expected. Gotta wonder how long Ramiro's gonna be able hold down that sweet job for though.

Is student loan debt factored in this game at all?

Oh and I say Move

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Strange Matter posted:

Snap, things are going a lot better than I expected.

Except for all the schizophrenia, I guess. Dr. Drew would say that people are attracted to the craziness they grew up around, so I guess it's to be expected. Gotta wonder how long Ramiro's gonna be able hold down that sweet job for though.

Is student loan debt factored in this game at all?

Oh and I say Move

Student Loan debt is factored in, but not through a traditional debt sense. It's extremely hard to explain. I'm already moving on the next turn since three moves is good enough for me.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

St. Paul, Minnesota. The place of my birth. Ramiro now makes 15.8K a month. Not bad.

I'm not sure why, he certainly had the smarts, but he is at least in school.

:stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk: Alas, poor Ramiro!

We reenter the work force. The job prospects were slightly brighter in Minnesota. We make 73K a year.

As we enter year 52 of our life, our sister dies.

:sigh: At age 59, we get robbed. Somehow, the burglars stole 380K worth of items from us, we did have a net worth of 750K. How the hell they did that, I don't know.

Thus ends Isabela's life, but opens a new chapter for somebody else.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 14, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This game is exactly how I remember it.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
WELP.

Diabetes sucks.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I'll start again tomorrow or tonight, a new life, hopefully better than this.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 14, 2016

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
actually i am hoping for worse

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

well

life is poo poo and then suddenly HEY IT'S NOT SO BAD oh wait aaaaaaand dead.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Lotish posted:

well

life is poo poo and then suddenly HEY IT'S NOT SO BAD oh wait aaaaaaand dead.

I literally did the :stonk: face when I saw it

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Dang, after grinding it out, Isabel was about to be living the high life in Minnesota and how quickly life turns to poo poo.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

A boy, in Tanzania. This should go well.

We are only 1 year old, and the poo poo is already awful.

poo poo

NEW LIFE

It begins!

Seriously!

We're 5 years old, and our mother is 46.

gently caress!

NO!

...Christ

We're only 14 years old and we have been shipped off to a factory

I'm only 14! What the hell did I do?!

Well...it's a living.

We leave the army at age 25. We are now a foreman, earning us 3000 more won than we would as a soldier.

I didn't screen cap it but we died in an on the job accident. I think I'm going to take a break from this game.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 16, 2016

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Oh man, North Korea?

We should either ingratiate ourselves with the government or try to foment insurrection (or more feasibly just emigrate somewhere. Unless the game makes emigration easy and not as risky as I expect it would be in real life.).

Edit: This was written when the only thing in the North Korea life was us being born and yesss, this is already turning eventful.

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 16, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Rawkking posted:

Oh man, North Korea?

We should either ingratiate ourselves with the government or try to foment insurrection (or more feasibly just emigrate somewhere. Unless the game makes emigration easy and not as risky as I expect it would be in real life.).

It's already over. Two awful awful lives.

Fear not! We have another life on the way that I will continue tomorrow

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 16, 2016

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Ah yes, military service, the great jobs program of the glorious people's republic.

RIP. Game could've at least gotten us killed in combat.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rawkking posted:

Ah yes, military service, the great jobs program of the glorious people's republic.

RIP. Game could've at least gotten us killed in combat.

As a NK soldier in the 2000's?

No way, more likely to get executed or die in a horrific accident.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Look a man can dream, can't he?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

We have a great artistic ability (94!) and despite mom and dad not making great money (15.7K a year), we live in a society with free healthcare and other services, so that is great!

We don't qualify for trade school either. Something must be broken, our intelligence is 54 and our artistic ability is 93!

I jump into the workforce as a painter. This...doesn't make us much cash.

At age 24, I meet a wonderful young woman and start a relationship. She dumps us the same year. Such is life as a painter. We also got in a fist fight with no legal or physical consequences.

Oh...uh oh.

Shotgun wedding, unfortunately.

My wife got a j-

:stare: We can now live with max expenses checked off comfortably. 148K USD.

Every rose has its thorn, just like every night has its dawnnn

Our mother has passed on when we were 31 years old.

Three years later, we kick the habit COMPLETELY.

And then our father dies. Jeez.

We live a long uneventful life. When we are 56, our wife moves us to Belfast.

But two years later, tragedy strikes. Laura, our wife of 35 years, loses her mental faculties. I know what Laura would have wanted.

With the money we have banked, we retire on the northern Icelandic coast in Sauđárkrókur.

:( Laura has died and moved on to the next phase of life. We live alone in northern Iceland with enough money to retire to age 115. It is time to sit back and reflect. At age 76, I decide to get back into painting to keep me from going crazy. Nothing much happens. At age 91 I have to give up being a painter.

At age 92, we pass on peacefully. We are survived by our only child, Kenneth, who is 63. Finally. A good life. I will resume Monday.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 16, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

We've upgraded

Real lives 2010! What will

:stare:

To be continued

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 18, 2016

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
At least it's not being a starving African child or North Korean conscript.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
click for face

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I don't know a drat thing about Liechtenstien other than the fact that it's a micro state and that their bankers are reputed to be even more crooked than the Swiss.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't know a drat thing about Liechtenstien other than the fact that it's a micro state and that their bankers are reputed to be even more crooked than the Swiss.

It's one of those places that exist mainly because nobody cared about something that small, so they ended up becoming a nation with more shell companies than actual people.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

They make dentures, financial services as above, a fun fact is you can rent out the nation for a day to hold parties and stuff. But it's mostly just a really scenic place partly run by nobility and doted on by Switzerland, which runs its border control (and military security of course) and some services that go in and out of the country. You have to enter Switzerland to go to Liechtenstein.
Swizterland has accidentally invaded Liechtenstein in the past, and the Liechtensteiners didn't care of course, they love each other.

During WWI, Liechtenstein was cooperating with Austria, so they got embargoed, which ended up in the customs union with Switzerland ever since, at the end of war Switzerland fed Liechtenstein, despite Switzerland starving too.

The nobility had a very large amount land, all in lower titles than their Liechenstein one (which they bought for that purpose, they didn't visit it for decades) under Habsburg nobility, outside in Austria and Bohemia and mostly lived in Vienna until the Anschluss when the land was stolen.

It's the last direct remnant of the Holy Roman Empire (though I'd be inclined to include Switzerland despite the new constitutions and federalization), and is sentimentally connected to the Habsburgs.
It's also one of the two countries that doubly cannot into coastline (please don't probate), along with Uzbekistan.

Hail to the beautiful, ancient regime.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 19, 2016

Angrboda
May 31, 2005

Let's see... Dietrich's dad is 42 and his mom is 44, and his only sibling is 18.

Kid's lucky his name wasn't "Oops."

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Moving on!

poo poo, close one dad, you want us to be homeless? Also my parents recovered from depression. That's nice.

Oh...I tempted fate :(. Dietrich looks pleased about it too.

At age 17 I find an artsy cutie. Dietrich is turned on by those hipster types, evidently.

OH WELL THAT'S JUST GREAT. WHY'D YOU DO IT? WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO AND DO THAT? gently caress.

OH DON'T WORRY, THAT'S FINE. I'M OKAY.

:getin: In med school!!

I'm 22 and my parents have already passed. This sucks.

Right as I graduate med school I find another chick.

:toot:

:toot::toot:

welp time for a shotty. They were twins, Jennifer and Karl.

Then a few years later we have another! AND BY ANOTHER I MEAN TWINS. AGAIN. I NAME HER EMMA SINCE I LIKE THAT NAME.

:mad: Poor kiddos.

At age 54 I get in a brawl with someone trying to rob me and I was beaten nearly to death. I am now epileptic. Six years later...

It takes my life. I hope he got charged for murder. Thus ends Dietrich.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

"Pre-med"? The developers apparently think every higher education system works like the American one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

That was a good life.
I don't think we can judge a life just by a few bad events here and there. Some of the happiest people I know have had a few knocks here and there in life, most people don't dwell on things for more than several years at most unless it's like murder or suicide.

Without further knowledge of the personalities of these people the events are more like a framework for their lives, unless their crises/conditions are very severs.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 20, 2016

• Locked thread