Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Mans Land 2 posted:

I bet they didn't at your workplace or any other professional setting.

It's also a question of ability...did your school have the ability to have segregated bathrooms and chose not to, or was there a space issue? Men and women will cluster together when they have to (crowded public busses being a good example) but when there's the space, they will choose to sit with other women if there is a choice between sitting with a man or with a woman.

There was definitely space, with two large bathrooms on every floor and no urinals. I don't know if they consciously chose to make them gender neutral but it's not like anyone complained. They could have easily placed a sign on the doors to segregate them. Also you would lose your bet.

When I see separate bathrooms I always think they're dumb and inefficient, especially when there's a huge line for only one of the genders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogisis
Apr 15, 2003

relax brother relax
Christ, and then once the pedophiles get accepted it'll be the robots who can get married, and then time paradox duplicates of yourself, and then abstract para-sentient swirls of spacetime foam. This old timer just can't loving keep up anymore :suicide:

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Al Cowens posted:

Other predicted pushes: Eugenic segregation (or 'ethnic safe spaces' as they prefer to call it), criminalization of product apathy (see Ghostbusters hype), and further restrictions on previously acceptable free speech

Kojima was right.

I bet your pecker is tiny and pathetic and your butthole stinks and you're ugly and you hate yourself and you want to die.
I like this post. Thank you for this.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Zidrooner posted:

There was definitely space, with two large bathrooms on every floor and no urinals. I don't know if they consciously chose to make them gender neutral but it's not like anyone complained. They could have easily placed a sign on the doors to segregate them. Also you would lose your bet.

When I see separate bathrooms I always think they're dumb and inefficient, especially when there's a huge line for only one of the genders.

Alright, well Romania is a formerly communist country and there was a push in communist countries for equality among the genders along the lines of work and so on, I can see how everyone might be comfortable with it, although I've never been to Romania. I've been to Georgia though, and so I can kind of picture the culture in the surrounding countries.

In the US, it's this weird political "women are equal to men (but also better than men :shh:) thing that is pushing the bathroom and assorted issues along, it's not happening organically at all.

But i am wondering, if there are gender neutral bathrooms at your work, why did you bring up your high school? Seems like it would have been a better example.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
There's nothing more disgusting than the thought of getting barebacked by a middle aged men under the stall and then a drat woman walks in

Fuckin Democrats

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Alright, well Romania is a formerly communist country and there was a push in communist countries for equality among the genders along the lines of work and so on, I can see how everyone might be comfortable with it, although I've never been to Romania. I've been to Georgia though, and so I can kind of picture the culture in the surrounding countries.

In the US, it's this weird political "women are equal to men (but also better than men :shh:) thing that is pushing the bathroom and assorted issues along, it's not happening organically at all.

But i am wondering, if there are gender neutral bathrooms at your work, why did you bring up your high school? Seems like it would have been a better example.

I was thinking that hundreds of insecure people being able to handle gender neutral bathrooms was a better example than a few dozen mature adults. Glad to hear you don't think people could never be okay with it though.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

You know there's nothing stopping people of other sexes going into the wrong bathroom, right. It's not like this legislation is going to deactivate the sexual forcefields keeping the baying masses from the wrong bathroom.

Frogisis
Apr 15, 2003

relax brother relax

No Mans Land 2 posted:

I lived in Belgium during a huge chunk of my childhood and it's pretty lousy with unisex bathrooms, so I doubt it's communism. It ruined me, though; now I'll poop with anyone.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Zidrooner posted:

I was thinking that hundreds of insecure people being able to handle gender neutral bathrooms was a better example than a few dozen mature adults. Glad to hear you don't think people could never be okay with it though.

I just keep thinking of places like malls and hospitals and libraries having multi stall gender neutral bathrooms, actual public sphere places and how it seems like an unnecessary discomfort among people who don't know each other. In a small high school people generally all know of each other, it's not quite the same. I just don't understand the push for it. Doing it without making a big deal out of it is one thing, actively pushing for it is another.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Sure there are. There are people proposing that the way to get around the trans bathroom problem is to make all public bathrooms gender neutral. Thats insanity.

make all showers gender neutral too like in Starship Troopers. then again Heinlein thought pedophilia and incest should be okay too so maybe glenn beck is right

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Olewithmilk posted:

You know there's nothing stopping people of other sexes going into the wrong bathroom, right. It's not like this legislation is going to deactivate the sexual forcefields keeping the baying masses from the wrong bathroom.

but trannies! TRANNIES! TRAAAAANNNNNIIIIIIIEEEEEESSSSSS *faints*

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

^Glenn Beak

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Immortan posted:

I heard it would be incest before polygamy. The Game of Thrones effect, if you will.

It's this one, because it's already started. Leftist civil rights groups have already been filing and occasionally winning legal challenges against incest laws. It's gross that they'd waste money on this

Next itll be bestiality, which is already seeing some twitches in the far left of europe. Then pedophilia will be back on the docket after it was taken off in the 70s when gay activists realized that it sickened normal people and only reinforced preexisting stereotypes of gays as predatory pedophiles

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 24, 2016

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I wish he was still on Fox news, god drat that was some funny poo poo.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Celluloid Sam posted:

that's what will happen that or bestiality this is obvious to anyone with half a brain

You are correct. People with half a brain think these things whereas people with entire brains know better.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zombie Boat posted:

You are correct. People with half a brain think these things whereas people with entire brains know better.

Then explain why it's already happening

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
It's not, you're delusional, and an un-asked-for Salon article about how non-offending pedophiles should receive treatment and therapy SO THEY DON'T RAPE KIDS is not evidence of legal challenges to age of consent.

"The evil ess jay doubleyoos are trying to narrow consent to make all sex rape! Also for some reason they're trying to broaden consent to include children! These perverts get mad when I stare at 16 year olds' tits, I bet they're down for pedophilia!"

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Suck poo poo Mordrin

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mange Mite posted:

Then explain why it's already happening

It's not though

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zombie Boat posted:

It's not though

Why is there a wave of legal challenges to incest laws then?

Why have those same issues started appearing on the official platforms of far-left parties in europe?

Why was there a recent round of pedophilia apologism in the leftist new media/ blogs recently?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'd love to see sources.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Captain Yossarian posted:

Suck poo poo Mordrin

that guy just can't control himself

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

satanic splash-back posted:

that guy just can't control himself

It's hilarious how everyone can tell too

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Olewithmilk posted:

having an SA account is kind of like a sexual forcefield

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Police Automaton posted:

having an SA account is kind of like a sexual forcefield

Hey now correlation ≠ causation

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Hey how many Catholic priests are conservatives? I bet most of them. Also they're pedophiles. Maybe we shouldn't let them in bathrooms either.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
make murder legal and then kill me

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Don't women already go into the men's room if the line for the women's restroom is too long?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Don't women already go into the men's room if the line for the women's restroom is too long?

Ive never heard of this except for those one person bathrooms

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mange Mite posted:

Ive never heard of this except for those one person bathrooms

I only poo poo in multi stall women's bathrooms.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Me and my entire family are not allowed to use any public restroom just in case there's a raper inside.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I can see liberals and libertarians wanting to decriminalize incest and polygamy. Pedophilia and bestiality not so much.

Like, I can't think of any ideological arguments against the former from a liberal/libertarian point of view, whereas the latter run counter to a lot of fundamental liberal poo poo like consent and whatever the gently caress else.

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 24, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

EngineerSean posted:

Me and my entire family are not allowed to use any public restroom just in case there's a raper inside.

Same except im the raper

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I can see liberals and libertarians wanting to decriminalize incest and polygamy. Pedophilia and bestiality not so much.

I mean back in the 70s pedophilia was both tolerated and included by the gay rights movement and their leftist supporters. This is well documented in the us and in europe. So as outlandish as it may seem right now, it's happened before and it could happen again.

edit: the old guy at the bottom is Harry Hay, a founding father of the gay rights movement, at a gay pride paraede in 1986 protesting the exclusion of NAMBLA from the gay rights movement as wiser heads realized that including pedophiles was seriously holding them back

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 24, 2016

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mange Mite posted:

I mean back in the 70s pedophilia was both tolerated and included by the gay rights movement and their leftist supporters. This is well documented in the us and in europe. So as outlandish as it may seem right now, it's happened before and it could happen again.

edit: the old guy at the bottom is Harry Hay, a founding father of the gay rights movement, protesting the exclusion of NAMBLA from the gay rights movement as wiser heads realized that including pedophiles was seriously holding them back

How many priests raped boys though? How many vote conservative?

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
You bought the loving farm, you got all the animals, don't complain about having to feed them and cleaning up the piles of poo poo that go along with it

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Mange Mite posted:

edit: the old guy at the bottom is Harry Hay, a founding father of the gay rights movement, at a gay pride paraede in 1986 protesting the exclusion of NAMBLA from the gay rights movement as wiser heads realized that including pedophiles was seriously holding them back

Liberals ≠ leftists ≠ gay rights movement

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Liberals ≠ leftists ≠ gay rights movement

an american left still existed back in the 70s though. it's not liek this was mainstream liberal stuff.

harry hay was definitely both since he was a communist as well as a gay liberationist

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

soon there will be large scale protests about cousin loving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mange Mite posted:

an american left still existed back in the 70s though. it's not liek this was mainstream liberal stuff.

harry hay was definitely both since he was a communist as well as a gay liberationist

How much Rush Limbaugh do you listen to every day?

• Locked thread