Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: 0 Danger: 0 Savior: +2 Superior: -1 Mundane: +2
Potential:0/5 Conditions:

My claws made short work of the demon-things I was fighting but I was just too slow to protect lodestone from the other demon and he fell to his knees. I turned to distract the demon before it could do any more damage only to be interrupted by-- what the hell? Was that Entropy? Something certainly came crashing down from the sky and landed on top of it causing it to dissipate or whatever these things do. Then she took off at a run towards the other fight. I paused a moment to check on lodestone who seemed to be applying some sort of bandage to his chest and he waved me off. I gave him a quick nod then charged after Entropy.

I leapt towards the massive demon only to be hit by some sort of blast-wave that threw me off balance and cause me to land awkwardly. Cats might be able to land on their feet with no troubles. But an enraged bear thing finds it much harder to do so....

[22:24] Ferrosol directly engaging demon king
[22:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[22:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5 = 5
[22:24] Ferrosol welp
marking potential

My awkward landing caused what should have been a devastating charge to be more like an awkward fall into the demon leaving me in a less than ideal position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

BGM 037

Hamon and Bolt, your attacks both connect, and between the electric strike and the massive hard light construct, the demon's knees buckle, and it crashes down to it's hands and knees. It roars in pain and starts pounding on the ground with its claws and sword, gouging out huge chunks of concrete. Then, it takes the sword in both hands and raises it above its head before slamming it back down, sending a wave of fire rushing over the quad.

After that, it rises to one knee and leans on its sword, visibly panting. While recovering, a big red spot between its eyes starts glowing faintly.

The Big Demon marks Angry two more times.
As a virtual demon, rage is really the only emotion it has. Next blow will take it out, though.

Force, as you pick yourself back up, Hamon and Bolt lay into the virtual demon. Your teammates are really pulling their weight! Unfortunately, your other 'teammates' don't seem to be faring as well. Lionheart's got his hands full trying to deal with the rubble still on his shield and Whisper doesn't have any way to get out of the shockwave.

What do you do?

Entropy, while you're flying through the air away from Lodestone, you spot a Channel Six news van waiting off campus for the fight to end, and your gut sinks as you realize the post fight press meeting is going to be pretty brutal, especially with all the collateral damage on the college. What (and who) did you do to antagonize Channel Six news, anyway?

But, that's for later. You fall into a roll just in time to catch the wave of fire headed towards you, with Lionheart and Whisper looking helplessly towards the same shockwave.

What do you do?

Plastic Girl, unfortunately, while you're stumbling around as a bear, the flailing demon sends you tumbling end over end down the quad.

Take a powerful blow

...Also, you get a chill down your spine. You're not sure why, but you're SURE that your future self is around here somewhere. Still... that wave of fire hurtling towards you doesn't seems to care about any doppelganger problems you might be having.

What do you do?

Everyone at the boss fight, avoid or otherwise deal with the wave of fire somehow. Otherwise, take a powerful blow.

Lodestone, as Entropy and Plastic Girl run off, that leaves you as the only one keeping an eye on Darkshadow and the Unnamed. The Unnamed's run ahead to the lab where they're (hopefully) looking for their stolen work, and Darkshadow's looking after Enthropy's retreating form. He looks over to you and gestures towards the door, saying, "After you?"

You don't need to rely on your mental link to hear the havoc back towards the fight with the virtual demon fight, but for what it's worth, Bolt seems to be having a blast, right? Do you wish you were over there helping out, or are you satisfied taking care of this? ...You also remember that The Unnamed feels pretty good about his ability to take the two of you if it comes to that.

Just sayin'.

What do you do?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Freak: -1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: 3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Insecure (-2 Defend and Reject) Guilty (-2 Provoke and Assess)

Of course they're here- Channel Six News. The local TV station, which has scorned me. I'm not sure just what I did, but I suspect it's related to the fact that a few weeks back I was trying to fight a large creature from the ocean... and deflected a projectile they threw, away from the crowd..... and into one of the channel six vans. No one was in it, luckily, but I doubt that gained me any favors. Sigh.

I... I don't want to bother with them. I'm not in the right state of mind to bother with them. It's hard enough not to pay attention to them, not to rip my eyes from the crisis, from my duty, and all these seconds I've spent thinking about them are simply wasted. I don't have the time to devote effort to them, or the mindstate, or the patience. But I'll have to, in the end. But I'll have to.

The building doesn't provide much cover, now that the demon has made it's way on out- so I'll have to do this the hard way.

Everyone's here- my team, my friends, everyone, And I'm just preparing my assault when it slams it's sword into the ground, sending a wave of fire out across the field---

Hamon is a robot, they're fireproof
Force is armored, they'll be fine
Bolt... I'm not sure, but I think they can jump it...
Plastic girl might melt, but she can protect herself.
Lionheart knows how to make a barrier, and he's buff- he might have time?
Whisper is just standing there, doe-eyed, and doesn't have any protection.

I'll be fine, in any case. Let me burn.

Priority on Whisper. I only have time to cover one person before the fire hits, so her it is. I don't really even remember moving there , really. But I'm here, and the heat is on my skin, and the smoke is in my nose- I guess this is it, do or die. I focus my powers inwards, drawing the heat and fire and pain towards me ,away from her...

<Nea> Defend everyone! For real this time... ?
<Nea> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea, 9+3 = 12
Actually 10 , but doesn't matter.
Clearing Guilty.

I don't know if I'll be hurt- I don't know how long I can hold this heat back in me, but it doesn't matter.

It's head is glowing, right smack dab in the middle. I've played a videogame before.

I reel back with the force of the heat, leaning as far back as I can... and then snap right back up, flinging all that heat, that force, that fire, right at that single, glowing dot, bathing the creature in flame!

"This is it." Weak point revealed, projectile in motion-

This battle is over.

<Nea> Suck it, Domitian
<Nea> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea, 4+3 = 7
Impress, Surprise, or frighten Channel 6 News, cap's permission.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Fre: +3 | Dan: +1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Campus Quad Battlezone.

<TheNabphone> Hamon is going to get set on fire
<TheNabphone> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 4 = 4
<TheNabphone> Tanked it

The blast wave hit Hamon dead on. And did nothing, the material that made up his frame had been tested near molten magma and in the deepest trenches of the ocean, it would take more then a little fire to damage Hamon.

Watching in interest as the fire burned around him Hamon thought about his next move, Entropy had dealt the demon a mighty blow but the fire still raged around him, it might cause damage to the campus if it burned further. Then he had an idea.

"Ah yes, if one cannot douse the fire with water, deprive it of fuel" Hamon's projectors began to spin rapidly.

TheNabphone> Entropy finished off the demon, so I think I'm going to try and smother the fire
<TheNabphone> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 8+3 = 11
<TheNabphone> Ye mang

The flames roared outwards from the demon consuming all in it's path. Until it ran straight into a wall of light which suddenly expanded, enfolded and compressed the flames tightly. Without the fuel or oxygen to continue burning, the flames withered and went out.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 18, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Locations: Lodestone - Quad->Lab, Bolt - Boss Fight

Bolt was ecstatic as she watched Entropy and Hamon do their thing. This was so cool! Real superheroes teaming up to take down a giant enemy. A beat later, she realized that she needed to do something about that AoE attack. She quickly scanned the surroundings, noting that while most of the building was pretty trashed, the piles of rubble that had formed seemed like they would provide decent protection from the wave. Classic boss fight tactics held true yet again.

Bolt vaulted up and over the nearest rubble pile and then dropped to the ground as flames shot over her head. It was like being in an oven for a moment as she watched the flames flowing around the rubble pile, but the tell-tale whir of Hamon's hard light projection system kicked in and the heat died back down.

Lodestone, on the other hand, was having a less great time. His costume would need some serious cleaning. Plastic Girl had run off. Entropy had dropped in and then run off. Was he the only one interested in keeping The Unnamed from wreaking havoc in the lab? Probably. Wouldn't be the first time in his hero career that Bolt was off fighting crazy monsters while he saved the hostages or stopped the truck with all the stolen money. With a grunt of effort, he climbed back up to his feet and walked into the lab with Darkshadow.

He grinned half-heartedly at the elf, "Crazy day, huh? Which way to your computer?"

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

Fre: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure | Location: Inside Admin Building

Entropy had WHISPER; that was good. Vandals or not, I was the one who dragged her into this mess, so she was my responsibility. But that extended to LIONHEART too -- especially since the whole reason he couldn't defend himself from the shockwave is that he was still protecting my entire team from being pelted with bricks. Under the circumstances, I could only think of one thing to do.

My armour isn't really power armour. It doesn't make me super strong, or super fast, and it doesn't fly. But it's not just a dumb piece of kevlar either; in addition to the rebreather and the voice amplifier, it's got a few other features as well. And one of them is an integrated cooling system. Ordinarily, this stops me from sweating to death when I'm doing anything in the thing. But here and now, that particular convenience had a secondary use. I dashed in front of LIONHEART, ripped open a panel near my hip, and tugged hard on a small pull-lever there, before I threw my hands over my face to hopefully stop it from being burned quite so badly. The coolant vented outward from the joints in my armour in a cloud of blue gas, meeting the onrushing flame with an angry hiss. It was enough to spare LIONHEART from the worst of things... and just barely enough to keep me from being burned too badly. It still hurt like hell, though, and I couldn't quite bite back a scream.

(4:19:43 PM) Gazetteer: Defend Lionheart from fiery shockwave while he's distracted:
(4:20:17 PM) Gazetteer: .roll 2d6+2
(4:20:19 PM) Platonibot: Gazetteer: 9 (2d6+2=3, 4)

(4:22:11 PM) Gazetteer: Well, I'm exposing myself to danger, I guess, so presumably I'll also need to take that blow
(4:22:27 PM) capfalcon_work: yeah
(4:22:28 PM) Gazetteer: .roll 2d6
(4:22:29 PM) Platonibot: Gazetteer: 7 (2d6=2, 5)

I mark Angry and Insecure.

I fell to my knees, even as my teammates finished off the enemy, armour smoking slightly. The Lawman could have handled this. He could have been a good leader, protected his allies, and not gotten himself half fried in the process. I'm sure that's what everyone's thinking -- about what a disappointment I am. About how they expected more. About how pathetic it is that I can't even make myself move yet. I'm furious right now -- not at any of my allies, just at my own incompetence.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

The demon swung round with a surprising amount of speed and with one swipe knocked me back and sent me flying. I flew through the air, and crashed into a park bench.

[18:27] Ferrosol taking a powerful blow
[18:27] Yamifenrir that sounds like a horrible idea!
[18:27] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[18:27] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8 = 8
taking two conditions Hopeless and insecure

I was way out of my depth here. I didn't know the slightest thing about these modern day demons. And I was weak pathetic. I bet the other me, could have done a better job she wouldn't have let some demon thing knock her head over heels making herself an embarrassment in front of her teammates. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if she had something to do with all this. I mean this chaos would be a great cover to steal something you shouldn't have or to destroy some sensitive research. Wait a minute... I shook my head. Oh crap, the Unnamed could that have been her? me? it would explain why it didn't say anything or do anything because it might give the game away. I hoped I was wrong as otherwise I'd left lodestone wounded and weak with a dangerous killer. I had to warn him get him away from her get him away from me...

[18:37] Ferrosol take another powerful blow 2d6+2
[18:37] Ferrosol !r2d6+2
[18:38] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[18:38] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+2 = 11
removing myself from the situation

Then the wall of fire hit. I tried to dodge, tried to take cover but I was too late I'm always too late. and then the pain hit me and I just collapsed into sweet merciful unconsciousness.....

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Boss Fight, the beast reels back from blast of fire and flashes a bright red. Then, the flashing starts speeding up until he's blinking at a rapid pace. Then... he pops! Little pixels of light rain down from the sky, and you see a little "1000 XP!" rise up before flashing once and fading away.

After Lionheart shrugs the last of the rubble off of his shield, Whisper and Lionheart start cheering and celebrating! They're really into this hero thing! Then, Lionheart notices Plastic Girl's down and rushes over to check on her. Whisper just falls back onto some rubble to catch her breath, waiting to see what happens next.

Plastic Girl, Fire and plastic don't really get along well, and while you're a lot more durable than you look, your skin has hardened into a mostly immobile shell. Still, everything's calmed down, so at least you're not in danger. Lionheart rushes over and wants to know what he can do to help.

You'll bounce back soon, but until the next big MC post (not counting any incidental conversation), you can't really move in any meaningful way. You can still talk, though.

FORCE, Ok, now that the fight's over, what's your top priority? Other than dealing with your apparent inferiority complex?

Bolt, That... was... AWESOME!!! Ok, that was the COOLEST FIGHT! You got to fight alongside the Battle Legends!

Do you spare a thought for Lodestone?

Hamon, You did a pretty good job of trapping the fire before it could get out of control, and the only damage from the fight seems to be here on the quad and the (lack of an) administration building. D

Entropy, THAT was a close one, right? Still, you saved the day! ...But, your wig took a little fire. It's a little burnt, and you'll might have to replace it. But, it's reasonable for someone who just BOUNCED a FIREBALL off their FACE and BLEW UP A DEMON to be a little singed, so you probably don't have to worry about it! You gotta be feeling pretty good about this, right?

Well... except for the part where Plastic Girl took a hit, right?

Everyone, now that the coast looks clear, you think you see Channel Six descending on the scene. You've all got a little time to get your story straight, but don't take too long.

What do you do?

Team Nerd Consisting of Lodestone and... well, Lodestone. You spot Darkshadow give you a concerned glance, but he doesn't say anything after you enter. All the lights are dark, aside from a glow from a single office at the end of the green tiled hall. Inside that room is a comfortable office that looks like a standard professor's office. The tile continues into the room and halfway up the walls, with the rest of the room being sheetrocked. There's a wooden desk with a few bookshelves of books that have probably never been read. The Unnamed is already at the computer typing away, but he's getting visibly frustrated with his login attempts.

Darkshadow gives Unnamed a sour look, saying, "You really forgot how to log in? Come on, it hasn't been THAT long..." He gestures for the Unnamed to move and let him sit down, and with his now standard, petulant manner, he does, leaning against the wall and looking over Darkshadow's shoulder.

You do realize that Bolt's done with their fight, but it looks like it went pretty rough, with at least half the team taking some nasty hits, and Plastic Girl's down. You're alone in the room with the two of them.

What do you do?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Campus Quad Battlezone.

Hamon looks at his work, this might be unfortunate, but the damage was contained, he turns and nods to Entropy.

"Your aid at this crucial moment is appreciated. Only, my sensors do not seem to be able to find Lodestone."

There was a pause.

"Did you perhaps leave him with the other two members of this hero party? At least you left Plast- Ah"

He saw the slightly melted form of Plastic Girl. "Perhaps I best go find him."

With a brief shimmer of hard-light, Hamon produces the 'Board with wheels attached' construct and rides off.

---

Hamon is gonna haul rear end to Lodestone right now.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Locations: Lodestone - Enemy Territory, Bolt - 1000 XP!

Bolt looked around, taking stock of the situation, and then walked over to FORCE. This was obviously the best! She wasn't looking too happy, though. What's up with that? 1000 XP! Exploding boss demon! Nobody died! Nothing was on fire anymore! Bolt offered her a hand, "You okay, Boss? That looked like a pretty rough hit you took back there."

quote:

Tricky
Bolt - Comfort/Support FORCE
!r 2d6
Krysmbot
Tricky, 10 = 10

Add a team to the pool, your choice of benefits if you open up.

Lodestone, on the other hand, was starting to get edgy. He knew that Hamon was on the way, but he was starting to worry about this whole situation with The Unnamed. Something seemed off. If their research was that important, wouldn't everyone know the password to the computer full of decisive evidence? Lodestone walked over to the bookshelf and started looking at the titles. He carefully kept his distance from The Unnamed. "So, Darkshadow, what were you guys researching anyways?"

quote:

Tricky
Lodestone - Provoke Darkshadow to spill the beans
!r 2d6+2
Krysmbot
Tricky, 6+2 = 8

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential:0/5 Conditions: Hopeless Insecure

Ugh I hurt all over. I don't think the damage is permanent. I hope it's not permanent anyway. But it looks like I'm melted like this for the foreseeable future. There's something I was forgetting through the pain something important... something to do with me. No not me Lodestone! I could barely move my jaw, I just hoped Lionheart was close enough to hear me and understand me. "lodestone, stuck with me, other me, in trouble might hurt him be careful" Who knew talking could hurt so much..

I don't think I've ever been in a fight where I was that outclassed. I didn't stand a chance. I was weak pathetic, and she played me for a fool. How could I not have seen it sooner.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: In the space that used to be an admin building

I looked at Bolt for a moment, before glancing away. "I was sloppy here," I muttered, pushing myself painfully to my feet. "You did fine. Great. Everyone did." I exhaled a long, frustrated breath. My masks speakers crackled a bit as I did it; great, there's another thing to work on when we get back to base. "I should have handled this better. Done better. Look at Plastic Girl; is she even okay?" Oh, crap. What was I even doing? I didn't have time for this. I could mope around beating myself up later. Right now, my first priority needed to be seeing how badly my team member was hurt. I felt the worst of my immediate frustration drain away, even if I still wasn't feeling 100%. "... I'll get over it. I'm just being an idiot," I admitted. "Thanks, though. I'm... going to go see if she's alright." With that, I gave Bolt a sort of awkward, bracing clap on the shoulder, and strode over to talk to Plastic Girl.

Clearing Angry.

"Hey, you okay? That... looks like it was a pretty nasty hit." I hadn't actually see it -- I was too busy being hit myself, as she probably guessed from the amount of singing on my face and armour. "Are you okay? Can I..." I hesitated before actually reaching out a hand to touch her. For all I knew, that would just hurt her more. Or make her shatter. Seeing her all hard and crusted over like this was pretty strange. "... can I do anything to help?" I finished. I'm doing my best to look like I really care, here. And I do; even if she grows up to be 'a perversion of every heroic ideal we hold dear' or whatever. "You... you did fine," I added. "I mean, I got hit too, right?" Best not to mention exactly how I feel about that.

(11:30:57 PM) Gazetteer: .roll 2d6
(11:30:58 PM) Platonibot: Gazetteer: 5 (2d6=2, 3)

Well, marking experience anyway.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lodestone, Darkshadow's staring at the screen and doesn't even look up as he (she? Lionheart did slip up and call them Mandy earlier...) responds in a distracted sounding voice as the computer screen flashes with different logins and loading and connecting and... you get the idea, "Oh, um. It's basically a quantum codebreaker. In theory, it can decrypt softer encryption almost instantly, and if you give it an hour or so, it's solved everything we've thrown at it. We still have a few tests to run, but..." They trail off as they realize what they're saying, and just kind of drop the subject as the keep focusing on typing.

Force, well, that could have come out a little better... But, let's be honest. There's a reason that you're flinching away from her, and it's not her burned skin, isn't there?

Who did Everyman senselessly hurt that you, Madison, care about?

Plastic Girl, you've seen that look all too often recently. You KNOW that your future self really hurt FORCE. Somehow.

What do you do?

Hamon we'll let Lodestone have a moment to chat before you show up.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Locations: Lodestone - Enemy Territory, Bolt - 1000 XP!

Lodestone nodded thoughtfully as he considered Darkshadow's words. Quantum codebreaking? That certainly sounded like a pretty big ticket advancement. It also sounded incredibly shady. Darkshadow was probably fine. They seemed to know what they were doing. The Unnamed? Still incredibly sketchy. And, to be perfectly fair, pretty drat scary. He wished Bolt was here. She'd know what to do. It would probably involve punching things or shooting them with lightning. Neither of which were really in his wheelhouse.

"So- Mandy? Darkshadow? That sounds like it would have been pretty hush-hush. This is a pretty cool campus and all. Hell, they made Hamon across the way. But isn't that sort of thing more the job of one of those alphabet soup agencies? How'd you end up working towards something like that at the city college?"

Bolt was over the moon and just super pumped up. FORCE had given her a compliment! Her hero inspiration! Wow! And there were going to be reporters or something? Time to rock a press conference and rep her people at Galaxy Arcade.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure (-2 Defend and Reject)

... We did it. That's a start, and far more than I had been hoping for, in the end. We defeated a demon, Loadstone is helping them recover their data, the world has been saved... there was a lot of damage, a lot of people got hurt, but in the end we saved everyone with possibly the minimum casualities that there could be from the moment we got on the scene.

It's not a terrible start. Though I suppose the news will spin it as such, as is their habit. ...

I sigh, adjusting my wig- I can feel the singing on it. I'll need to grab one of my replacements. More money- these elaborate costumes cost far too much, and even with my job and a small allowance, it's not exactly easy to keep replacing them. I need to commission something better before my next mission.

And then there's other problems- the News will want to speak to us, and currently a few of us are in no condition to do that. Plus , we probablyshouldn't tell them that we agreed to criminal activity to stop the uh, whatever they were. Magical Larpers. '

And plastic girl- Plastic Girl is beat to poo poo. I should... probably go help with that. So I walk over there, looking down at her, eyes glinting with worry- tch. One of my own teammates, laid low like this. I suppose I couldn't protect everyone. "Hey... you okay over there, PG?" I bend down, offering her a hand- assuming she can even take it right now. "You did good out there, you know- you did okay. You hurt those demons and helped clinch the mission for us. So don't look so down, okay...?"

... I'm better at this talking when I'm off the job.

<Nea_> Comfort Plastic Girl.
<Nea_> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Nea_, 9 = 9
mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if they open up to you.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: In the space that used to be an admin building

Okay, I'll come clean here. Dad used to be a security guard -- he worked for a building with some pretty serious lab research going on in them. Serious enough to draw the attention of both a supervillain, and... whatever it is Everyman is calling herself these days. She was apparently trying to get something from one of the labs before the 'bad guy' could. Dad couldn't let her do that, obviously. It was his job to stop her. She didn't kill him or anything like that. She was probably just getting him out of the way. But ever since then, he's back's been too bad to work that kind of job anymore. Not to mention his nerves.

I've been doing my best not to let it affect how I act around Plastic Girl. She hasn't even had a chance to do any of those things yet, even if I am keeping an eye on her just in case. I guess with the kind of emotions I was feeling just then, though, some things are harder to keep from coming up to the surface.

Entropy stepped in, though, thank goodness. She was doing a better job at this than I am. "Are... you going to be able to move anytime soon?" I asked, trying to put the memory of dad's old injury out of my head. "Do we need to get you a doctor?" Well, a super-hero versed doctor of some decription, but it wasn't as if those didn't exist.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential:0/5 Conditions: Hopeless Insecure

I can see Force eyeing me, She's got that look in her eye. The one I've seen in far too many people's eye. They're thinking of Everyman, the other me Is that what I'm going to become am I destined to be hated and feared by the people around me? I wonder what I did to hurt Force, it must have been something cruel, something awful. I'd have to try and make it up to her somehow. Maybe I could right some of the wrongs the other me committed. I had to try anyway. I don't want to end up like that. A bitter shell of myself. Still then Entropy showed up to offer me a hand. I couldn't accept it of course, I was still melted into place. But I appreciated the thought even if it was misplaced. "So you don't think I was more of a hindrance than a help. I'm-I'm glad that you think that way. I feel awful letting myself be caught like that, letting me fail. You can bet she wouldn't have failed." I grimaced

opening up to Entropy and clearing the condition hopeless

Still I could feel something. It's hard to describe. Like pins and needles but all over your body at once. It was irritating but better than feeling nothing. "I should be fine soon-- Hard to do any permanent damage to me just give me a few minutes to pull myself together." I said to Force who I could see was still looking uncomfortably at me. "Listen something important I need to tell you. Lodestone, I think that demon thing he was with isn't a demon after all. I think it's me, her. Whatever, you need to stop her before I get whatever it is I'm after."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Force, Entropy, Bolt, and Plastic Girl, while you're all talking, the media finally converges. There's a few pictures of Plastic Girl, but they give her a wide berth overall. Probably because she's a little disturbing to look at and partly because of who everyone knows she's going to grow up to be. They approach Entropy, Bolt, and Force, and there's a flurry of questions for you all.

"Force! Why is your team working with the hooligans that started the chaos? Will you be taking them into custody?"

"Bolt! Where's Lodestone? Aren't the two of you supposed to be inseparable?"

"Entropy! How does it feel to have saved the day? What are you planning on doing to celebrate?"

The last question is asked, shockingly, by one of the reporters who Entropy remembers from her last debacle with with Channel 6. Guess they're not feeling as bad as you feared!

Plastic Girl, you still don't look too great, but you can feel yourself pulling back together. After a few more moments, you're ambulatory.

Just, you know, probably shouldn't push it.

Lodestone, Darkshadow starts talking, hedging a little as he says, "Well... I mean, we just... came up with it. It's not like we got sponsored by the CIA or anything. But... they're probably pretty interested, I guess. Still, it's our work, and we couldn't stand the idea of being cheated out of it." He stops typing and inserts a flash drive to the computer, watching the files download onto the drive. A moment passes in silence as they blue bar on the computer screen slowly fills up. Then, the Unnamed's arm whips across the room, stretching unnaturally to grab a bookend, then bashes him over the head. Darkshadow lets out a little grunt of surprise, then he slumps forward on the keyboard. "The Unnamed" looks over to you, sneering as he says in a low, threatening version of Plastic Girl's voice, "Why don't you run along kid, before you get hu-" "He" stops short as he hears something coming up the hall, and his features merge and turn into... you!

You see yourself adopt a sneer one last time before he adopts an look of shock identical to yours as Hamon wheels into the room. Without missing a beat, he yells, sounding just like you, "Hamon! He just... attacked Darkshadow out of the blue! He's gotta be Everyman! Let's get him!"

What do you do!

Hamon, as you speed across campus, you find the building Plastic Girl directed you. You roll up the hall and look into the only room with light coming in from it. As you scan the room, you see a pair of Lodestones standing on opposite of Darkshadow, who is slumped over onto the desk, bleeding from the head. The LCD monitor is the only source of light in the room, casting Lodestones' faces in shadow as they're both staring at the other.

The one on the right yells, "Hamon! He just... attacked Darkshadow out of the blue! He's gotta be Everyman! Let's get him!"

What do you do?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Laboratory

Hamon was mildly confused, as his databanks banged together to make sense of what he was seeing.

There appeared to be two Lodestones, but there should only be one Lodestone. And the other Lodestone was apparently Everyman, but Lodestone would know that Hamon really doesn't like fighting humans wouldn't he. Then one part of his synapse waved a card.

"Ah, this unit understands. This is a game of sorts isn't it? This unit is meant to ask questions to determine which Lodestone is the real Lodestone and thus the conundrum is displayed." Hamon nodded, yes it was a very devious puzzle displayed in quite a few comic books Lodestone had actually showed him. But there was a solution staring him in the face, as his projectors started to whir into life.

"This unit however feels there is a much easier way to deal with the problem than questioning."

TheNabphone> Hamon is gonna solve a simple problem. Rolling to unleash powers.
<TheNabphone> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 5+3 = 8
<TheNabphone> Gonna mark a condition

Marking Guilty.

Hard light boxes slammed down over both Lodestones, locking them in place. There is only one question that needs to be asked, and it doesn't need to be asked to either of them.

"This unit is very sorry for treating you in this manner Lodestone, but this is the most logical solution I have devised. You will not be held for long."

He tapped his communicator. "This is Hamon. I have apprehended two Lodestones. Could Bolt please come up and pick out the real one, thank you."

---

If you were intending to trick Hamon, you picked the wrong target to use against him.

He's going sit here and wait for Bolt to show up.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 2, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Locations: Lodestone - Locked In A Box, Bolt - Press Party!

As the hard-light prison slammed into place over Lodestone and Everyman, Lodestone grinned. "Nice, Hamon! Great solution! Let's hold him here for a few minutes. Bolt should be here soon." Taking the opportunity that his temporary imprisonment offered, he sat down on the floor criss-cross and got out his phone. Time to catch up on a quick re- wait. The regular floor? Not hard-light floor? His face blanched. "Hamon! Watch out for Everyman cutting a hole in the floor! She might try and sneak up on you!"

Bolt toggled her communicator and quietly murmured, "He's the one on your left, Hamon. I'll be there in a sec. Need answer a question or two first." She turned towards the reporters and gave a huge grin, "Of course we can divide and conquer! We work best together, but sometimes a developing situation needs us to split up and take things on." She taps her head. "Besides, we're still in contact! Lodestone is helping Hamon to secure the real mastermind behind this all as we speak. I'm going to head over there too! Shout-outs to Galaxy Arcade for giving me all of the tactics you'd ever need to fight a giant video-game demon (Hey Ms. Stella!) and the Battle Champions for really stepping up to help fix their mess. Don't be too hard on 'em, guys! Later!" With that, electricity coursed over her body and she started sprinting towards the building Lodestone and Hamon were in.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lodestone and Hamon, The Lodestone on the left looks annoyed. Apparently, they were looking forward to a round of "No, I'm the real me!"

They say, "Well, you're no fun. But... don't know what I was expecting from a robot." Then, "Lodestone" goes paper thin and slides under the light cage. Then, their hand twists into a razor sharp claw and lashes out towards Hamon. Right before they connect, though, the claw jerks up and rips the bottom out of the bookcase next to Hamon, burying him in books and debris.

Uncontainable: Attempts to restrain Everyman take a -2.

Just wanted to get this out there because it feels like a dick move to wait for everyone to post.

Also, since you didn't actually hit the move, you aren't guilty, Hamon! But... you are buried in a pile of books and wood. So there's that.

Then, they grab the flashdrive and make for the door, saying, "Say hi to the younger me!"

What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 4, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Locations: Lodestone - In A Box, Bolt - Sprinting

Lodestone couldn't exactly see what was going on outside of the hard-light box, but luckily his powers gave him a different way to view the world. Naturally, he could see the magnetic fields of the various objects surrounding him. The magnetic field of the flash drive was moving further and further away, so it was a simple matter of will to reach out and pull it back. The flash drive's field stopped, started pulling backwards, and then launched straight at the box surrounding him. Perfect. Now that he was locked on, he doubted Everyman would be able to take it out of the office any time soon. Not soon enough to avoid Bolt getting here, anyways.

Lodestone didn't try very hard to keep the smirk from his voice. "Aw, leaving so soon? You should stick around and say hi to her yourself!"

quote:

16:49 Tricky Lodestone's going to try and Magneto himself a flash drive
16:49 Tricky !roll 2d6+1
16:49 Krysmbot Tricky, 11+1 =

Using the power of ~magnetism~ to grab the flash drive.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Reporter hell

"Uh..." I knew I didn't look particularly confident at that moment. Well, time to try anyway. "It's like Bolt said, " I offered awkwardly. "The 'Battle Champions' were willing to set aside their differences with the university in order to protect lives from a greater threat. So we--" I stopped around then, because that was around when what Hammond was saying over the communicator, what Bolt had just added just now, and what Plastic girl had said earlier all fell into place. Oh dear.

"I'm sorry, but we'll need to cut this short," I say, abruptly, stepping past the reporter. "I've just gotten an urgent message. I need to go see what's going on." And with that, I took off after Bolt, going fast toward whatever other new calamity I was going to likely fail to deal with, hopefully ready to stop the Everyman before anyone else gets hurt.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Laboratory

Well okay, Hamon would admit that he should have factored that into his calculations. Before he was trapped under a bookcase, he at least reached up and dropped the light cage around Lodestone.

Seeing Lodestone snatch back the drive before the criminal left the room would buy some time for the others to arrive, but left the worrying prospect of them still being in the same room as said murderous supervillain. Well this was a conundrum that Hamon wished to have more time to consider, but time was at a premium and that premium might end with Lodestone getting stabbed. Hamon hoped he could buy even more time for the others to arrive and quickly tried to get up from underneath the bookcase.

17:39 TheNabster Hamon gonna Defend Lodestone real hard
17:40 TheNabster !roll 2d6
17:40 Krysmbot TheNabster, 5 = 5
17:40 TheNabster Natch

It turned out this bookcase was a lot heavier then he initially assumed and despite his struggling he couldn't quite get it off of him. A hard-light carjack was quickly sketched into existence and very desperately pumped as Everyman saw the drive get taken away from her.

With his other hand he tapped his communicator. "This is Hamon, the other Lodestone was not successfully contained and is currently loose and very inconsiderate, this unit requires assistance."

He saw the look they were getting from the amorphous villainess, he knew enough about humans to know that it wasn't a friendly look. "Urgent aid is requested right now." Said Hamon, a small amount of treble entering his otherwise calm monotone.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential:0/5 Conditions: Insecure

Well at least the press isn't interested in my failures at least. Something I can be thankful for at least. I mean there are a lot of things about the future I appreciate now. But the press isn't one of them. Still despite the occasional grimace which looks really weird in bear form I can still move albeit stiffly. I briefly separate myself from the group and make my way back to where I left my bag with a change of clothes in it. I really need to get some new clothes. Maybe Entropy can help she seems to have a decent sense of fashion and my knowledge of what's cool is 40-50 years out of date. But for now these will have to do. I ducked back down the alley and changed back into my street clothes and my own familiar body. Even though I winced as I did.

Looking and feeling more like myself I made my way back over to the team. "Has anyone heard from Lodestone?" I asked as Hamon came on the air. He was in trouble! I wasn't in much of a shape to fight but I wasn't going to leave one of my team-mates in trouble. If I did that then I'd be no better than Everyman. I hobbled determinedly towards the college as I tried to think of some way I could get the edge over myself. I mean she was me I should be able to outthink myself right?

[01:24] Ferrosol assessing the situation
[01:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[01:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
How can I end this quickly?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure (-2 Defend and Reject)

I nod to Plastic Girl as she speaks, looking her dead in the eyes, my hair flowing behind me in the wind... and I don't smile, but my mouth twitches a bit. "Yes. She wouldn't have failed." I let that statement hang in the air for a long moment, before bending down towards her ear, and speaking once more, looking almost... normal, almost 'off the job.' Just for a moment. "But she's a serial killer. A monster, something I don't comprehend, and you're not. We won, and we would have won with 'her' too- but it would have been a victory brought to us by slaughter. The Battle Legends would be dead."

... I sigh, adjusting my skirt as I stand back up, as the cameras swarm, as the worst part of the job comes to hand- speaking to the media. I dust myself off, close my eyes, mentally prepare myself- and abandon Plastic Girl, as I step into hell, the flash and glitter surrounding me. This action will cost me. I do not wish to be seen, I do not WANT to be seen. But, I cannot just flee , not anymore, and the world itself will punish me for defying it's directives. My appearance is fine, but imperfect, my actions, my words... Everything about me will be subject to scrutiny of the highest caliber.

I lift the microphone to my face, tapping it a few times, and speak, as Plastic Girl speaks of her other self, of Loadstone- I ... I should run. I should help. But The others are flying off, and I must speak. I listen to their questions- surprisingly simple, easy, and... nice, for the media. I raise an eyebrow, but only briefly. "It feels... It feels like it ever does. There's no special feeling. It's another day,another victory. I- we, do not intend to lose, and this victory is simply another step on our path. It is nothing special, nothing unique. We did not do anything here that any other person would not do. We spoke, we convinced, and we helped where nessecary. We saved, but it was not a special thing, not something unique to us- we are heroes. We did our job. I, and they, will continue doing our job, every single step of the way. Please offer us your support in this measure- thank you. Now, as for how I must celebrate-" My team is yelling over the comms, running off... Everyman. Of course. ... This is above our pay grade, but there is no time.

"I will celebrate by doing my job, it seems."

I let the microphone fall from my hand, running off at excellent speed, bounding faster, towards the campus, towards the building- Everyman is in here somewhere. I don't know what way they're going to come out, but I can prepare in any case. I have no stored energy, no particular things ready- but I have my own mobility. I have my own speed, and I have power. I lie in wait- the flow of events mapped out in my mind. How to obstruct their path, get in their way, no matter where they leave from, with speed, with style. How to move and twist and turn and be one step ahead. If they strike, absorb, strike back. Piercing blows, I can duck under and around. If they don't attack me, I launch my own attack. No matter- think, breathe, prepare.

<Nea_> your agme has make a statement to the media, yes?
<capfalcon> yeah
<Nea_> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Nea_, 10+1 = 11
Frames me as a hero: Potential
Everyone sees us as Mundane
Offers us an opportunity
Upset someone important and powerful.

<Nea_> DAngerous Web
<Nea_> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea_, 8+3 = 11
On a hit, your opponent trips into
it, and you get an opening or opportunity against
them. On a 10+, take +1 forward to pursuing
it.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lodestone, the drive flies across the room and plinks off the dome. You squint and you see enough of Everyman's face to catch her eyes narrow to murderous slits. She says, "If the other me has any idea what's good for her, she'll never set foot on the campus again. How do you think I ended up like this?" As a demonstration, you see her visibly relax her arm, and from the elbow down, her arm just goes flabby and flat, drooping all the way to the ground. She snarls, "I've got to keep focused ALL the time, or else I just fall apart! Not that people like you care about what happens to us."

She then pops out another flash drive and slaps it into the computer, holding it in place, while glaring at you. Judging from how long it took last time, you figure you bought your teammates another minute or so.

Hamon, while she's talking, you think she's distracted enough to not notice your attempts to topple the bookcase. Unfortunately, she spots you, her leg flies across the whole room, kicking the jack out from under it.

Take a powerful blow.

She shakes her head, saying, "Robots. Still can't believe they're still trying to make robots that can actually think."

She's telling you what you are: just another failed experiment. -1 Superior and +1 Mundane

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Press Gang: The press seems to take your comments positively, but they do want more. Especially since you all are saying that the excitement isn't over!

Plastic Girl, if Everyman is anything, it's practical. She won't stick around to fight if she doesn't have a reason, so destroying what she's after will basically end the fight.

You get there just in time to hear Everyman's monologue and see what happened to her. Did you ever think that your powers could be dangerous to you?

As soon as she sees you, she looks genuinely surprised for a moment before saying, "You can't be here. Go away. Before I make you leave."

She's telling you what you are: Someone who needs to be protected, -1 Savior, +1 Mundane

What do you do?

Entropy, once the rest of you arrive, Everyman looks like she might be trying to cut her losses. She lunges towards the door outside, looking to bowl all of you over, but you left a bit of the energy you absorbed behind on the door in the form of a static charge. As soon as she touches it, it goes off and lights her up!

What do you do?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Fre: +3 | Dan: +1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Insecure, Damaged| Location: Laboratory

This was unfortunate, a bookcase at that weight travelling at that speed would-

18:27 TheNabster First a Bookcase falls on Hamon again
18:27 TheNabster !r 2d6
18:27 Krysmbot TheNabster, 10 = 10
18:27 TheNabster Oh dear
18:27 TheNabster Something broke

>Two options from the 7-9 list
>You give ground: Your opponent gains an opportunity
>You struggle past the pain; Mark two conditions (Damaged + Afraid)

*CRUNCH* The bookcase hit Hamon and slammed him into the floor. He felt some of his leg servos short at as the bookcase crushed the joints and lost contact with his lower half. He tried squirming out from underneath but it didn't seem to budge.

She shakes her head, saying, "Robots. Still can't believe they're still trying to make robots that can actually think."

18:32 TheNabster The Bookcase jolted some past programming and now Hamon is going to do a bad thing
18:32 TheNabster Rejecting Influence
18:32 TheNabster !r 2d6
18:32 Krysmbot TheNabster, 4 = 4
18:32 TheNabster Natch

>Marking Insecure

That hurt, Hamon was incapable of feeling pain but that comment seemed to work past his reinforced exterior and hit something critical, he struggled but without his legs he wasn't going anywhere. As Every-man turned to leave Hamon said in his calm monotone.

"Why are you doing this?"

18:17 TheNabster Hamon is gonna try some MASK PIERCING
18:17 TheNabster !r 2d6-1
18:17 Krysmbot TheNabster, 7-1 = 6
18:17 ShootaBoy the dice say no
18:17 TheNabster Darn it /almost/ worked too

If Lodestone subs up a team point and helps somehow, I would ask '"What are you really planning?"

Otherwise marking potiential

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 15, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential:0/5 Conditions: Insecure

I hobbled as fast I could manage to where Everyman was and arrived just in time to hear her rant. Was that going to be my fate? Held together by nothing but willpower and spite against the world? that terrifies me. Was that what caused me to abandon all my principles and turn into this this thing? I think I'd rather be dead than end up like that. Hating the world and everything it. I mean maybe I wasn't good enough to be a hero. But being a bad hero was better than being a good villain like her.

I watched as I as she insulted Hamon, Hamon of all people he'd done absolutely nothing wrong and she was treating him like dirt. I thought that was something I'd never do. But I guess part of me growing old was I was doomed to turn into someone who hated the world. She looked in shock when she saw me there. "you can't be here. Go away before I make you leave."

[00:10] Ferrosol rejecting everymans influnece
[00:10] Ferrosol !r 2d6-2
[00:10] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12-2 = 10
[00:11] Ferrosol wow
clearing insecure and cancelling their influence on me and taking +1 forward against her.

"I'm not some little girl for you to protect. I'm a hero. And you've forgotten what that means. It means standing up for yourself it means protecting your friends. I won't let you hurt them and if you try you're going to have to go through me." It was what I should have done a long time ago. I'm better than her. Sure she's the better shapeshifter. But I'm the better person. And I'm not going to let her hurt Hamon or anyone else any more. I stretched out to put a barrier between her and my robot friend. If she wanted him she was going to have to go through me. And I could bend, but I wasn't going to break.

00:19] Ferrosol defending Hamon
[00:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6+3
[00:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+3 = 9
exposing myself to danger and adding +1 team

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Locations: Admin Building

Bolt skidded around the corner, already aware of what waited inside the office. Everyman was stunned by a trap on the door. Hamon was trapped and Lodestone couldn't get out of the light cage. It was time to pay the villain back for menacing and trying to impersonate her brother. No video game tricks or techniques. Nothing fancy. Sometimes you just needed a classic. Electricity crackled between her fingers as she put everything she had into a haymaker. It sunk right into Everyman's evil-future-Plastic-Girl nose. Unfortunately, punching her was a lot less satisfying than she had expected. Just sort of weird and blobby feeling. Satisfaction aside, however, it was very effective at sending the stunned and electrocuted villain down to the floor. Hard. Electricity still crackled visible throughout her body.

quote:

[15:37:40] <Tricky> alright, let's see.
[15:37:51] <Tricky> Bolt/Lodestone UNLEASH ALL POWERS [actually a Direct Engage]
[15:38:01] <Tricky> !roll 2d6
[15:38:03] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 9 =
9 (+1 because I should have rolled +Danger = 10)

Resisting blows; Creating an opportunity.

Bolt looked over at Entropy, "Entropy! Grab her and we can finish this! Lodestone and I just need a moment to synchronize and then we can take her out!"

As soon as she said that, Bolt and Lodestone began to channel their energy together. Their perception began to synchronize as the two channeled all of the power that they could into a decisive strike. Electricity began to spark off of Bolt and metal objects around the room started to rise off of the floor. They were almost ready to attack. All they would need was a moment of weakness, a hint of vulnerability.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure (-2 Defend and Reject)

Everyman is RIGHT THERE- my static trap worked perfectly, this is my one shot. This villain is above our league- she's a horrifying murderer who's taken out a few of the league's best. I think, /technically/, she is still a league member, but in any case, this cannot be allowed to progress- we must end this here.

Bolt shouted to me, and I understood- my plan was much the same. I can absorb energy- I will simply use that faculty to hold Everyman in place. It takes but a moment to cross the threshhold to Everyman, my speed impeccable- and twist, and turn, to grab her around both arms, wrapping my legs around hers. I don't need to be dignified- I just need to hold her. I can TAKE a blast of electricity, after all.

In the moments I have taken to get here, I did not have time to think this plan over, to work it out- instead, I simply do. With my power, I shall try to absorb any movement she makes- hopefully, it will be enough. I still have the news to speak to- I still need to get home, as well. This day isn't over, but I worry that it may continue for a long, long time...

<NeaCell> Contain Everyman
<NeaCell> !roll 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> NeaCell, 3-2 = 1
Welp.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure | Location: Inside Admin Building

Plastic Girl, I felt conflicted about. She could still turn out to be different -- I'm no expert on time travel, but that is how it works, right? Everyman, though, I had very few qualms about fighting. She needed to focus at all times in order to even hold herself together -- that was good. We could use that. She was focusing on the others, being blasted with electricity and affected by Entropy's powers. Maybe if I could hit her from behind, it would distract her for long enough to make what my teammates were doing more effective. I rushed into the room behind Entropy, rolled to the side, my hand closing on the first heavy object I identify -- a stapler. Then with an expert flick of my wrist, I sent it spinning through the air to strike Everyman squarely in the small of the back.

Or at least, that's where I was aiming.

Directly Engage Everyman:
(11:47:36 PM) Gazetteer: !roll 2d6-1
(11:47:36 PM) Krysmbot: Gazetteer, 6-1 = 5

Well, I mark potential, I guess.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hamon, she doesn't even spare you a glance, immediately ignoring your question as something unimportant. Plastic Girl jumps in front of you to protect you while you're down, but Everyman just takes that as an opportunity to make a break for the door.
Mark guilty

Plastic Girl Everyman almost lunges for you, infuriated by your insolence, but as she sees the room start to fill up with your team, she hesitates. Then, she just turns around and makes a break for it.
Don't forget that you learned how Everyman is scarred.

Bolt and Lodestone, as the closest person to the door, you get off a clear shot, unleashing a massive blast of electricity and metal. She howls with pain, and you see her mask slip, for a moment. She's... scared? That shock must have really gotten under her skin.
Everyman marks afraid.

Entropy and Force, Taking the chance, both of you rush Everyman while she's down. But... she's too fast! She's already on her feet, unwinding herself from Entropy, and stretching back to use her as a projectile to knock out Force.

Force, unfortunatly, the stapler just bounces off her rubbery skin, and Entropy bowls you over, sending the pair of you sprawling on the tile floor. Before she leaves the door, she looks down at the pair of you, saying, "You're both about 20 years too young to tangle with me. Go back to stopping purse snatchers for a while before you get hurt."

Then, she springs out the door and flies down a sewer grate, leaving the pair of you entangled on the ground.

Entropy mark angry, and Force mark Hopeless.

In addition, she told you that you're way out of your league, so either reject, or lower Danger and raise Mundane.

Everyone: Well, looks like she's gone... Still, you saved the day, more or less, and she didn't get the info she was after! Not too shabby, right? You did sort of ditch the press before, though. They probably still want their interview.
And... the Unnamed from the Battle Heroes is still missing. Do you think she switched with him, or was Everyman always the Unnamed since you got here?

Force, So, first mission... could have gone better. You can already hear the lecture. What points do you think Lawman's going to hammer on the most? What are you going to tell the Battle Legends? Do you blame any of your teammates for how things went?

Plastic Girl, you managed to stand up to your future self, and you even got a small glimpse at what she's dealing with. Still... it looks like she really did a number on your teammates. Do you think they're going to hold it against you? What do you think you should do to help?

Entropy: Ah, you almost had her! It was so close! But she just shifted out of your grip! Now, you're just tangled up with Force, watching her get away.

Also, not sure if you thought about it before, but... wouldn't it be nice to be like Everyman? Able to literally will your body into being exactly what you want?

Bolt and Lodestone, out of your whole team, you look like you came through this the most intact. Still... splitting up like that couldn't have been fun, right? What do each of you think the other should have handled things differently?

Hamon: You followed your programming, but Everyman didn't even consider you a threat. Now you're damaged and unsure of yourself. Do you think your understanding of the world might somehow be...wrong? Is there a new lesson to take from this? Which team member would you ask for advice, if you had a chance?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Insecure, Damaged, Guilty | Location: Laboratory

'Failure is both a hot and cold emotion at the same time, how interesting' thought Hamon as he examined the pattern on the floor in great detail. Hamon also noted the experience of having been defeated so easily and to have been so very cruelly put down hurt in ways that shouldn't be possible without pain receptors.

But it did. Hamon did not wish to feel it again.

Perhaps he should keep in mind Everyman's abilities a little more closely the next time they met, he would have to be a little more careful as a result. Everything happened as expected within the parameters he had set for most of the mission, up until the point where it didn't. All that meant was that he had to expand what he knew in light of this new information, the system still worked, everything else went exactly as planned and predicted.

Except the most important thing he should have done, which he didn't do.

He turns to Plastic Girl, he felt a sense of gratitude that she was next to him. "I am sorry. I could not contain the Everyman, I will do better next time."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Bolt and Lodestone sighed in unison, sinking to the floor. Everyman was a beast! It was miracle that they had made it out without taking too much damage. The mission flashed through their head. The demon horde, the giant demon, the Battle Heroes, and, of course, Everyman. The two had been apart for the most part, but they had managed pretty well. Bolt had put on a masterful performance against the Giant Demon and Lodestone had done a great job stalling Everyman until the rest of the team could arrive. There was the bit where Lodestone left himself open, but Bolt waved it off. They could talk mob tactics later. It had been a bit silly when he left himself open. The two high-fived each other and grinned.

The two looked around the room. Everyone else was looking pretty haggard. Hamon, especially, was in a rough way. Bolt and Lodestone walked over and stood next to the robot. Bolt grinned, "What are you talking about, Hamon? You saved Lodestone! You gave us the time to get here and stop her from getting the data!"

Lodestone chipped in as well, "Definitely! The idea with the cages was brilliant! We'll get her next time. Thanks for the save, Hamon."

quote:

[08:06:51] <Tricky> Comfort/Support Hamon
[08:06:54] <Tricky> !r 2d6
[08:06:55] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7 =

Potential, clear a condition, or shift labels if you open up!

The two looked at each other, as the fate of The Unnamed came to mind. Was he(?) still alive? Was there ever a fourth person in their group? Probably -- Darkshadow wouldn't have opened up so much to him if she didn't think he was real. That might have to wait until she woke up. Checking their previous movements would probably be the best.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"Hey, relax it's not your fault she got away. She did a real number on all of us. I can't believe it took me so long to realise who she was." Plastic Girl said to Hamon. "You did very well considering you were going up against her almost alone. Don't sweat it. Better heroes than us have done a lot worse."

20:50] Ferrosol comforting and supporting Hamon
[20:50] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[20:50] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9
[20:51] Ferrosol GJ little robot guy

"I feel guilty though. I mean if she is me. Am I doomed to be such a horrible person though? After what she did to you and what she's done to all of the rest of our team I wouldn't blame them for hating me." she frowned as she talked to Hamon. "I hope not, but then I've not had to face what she had to face. to know the only thing holding you together is willpower and spite against the world. It frightens me. What if whoever did that to her tries to do the same thing to me?" She shook her head. "Sorry I shouldn't be dumping on you like this. It's just well I need to talk about it to someone or I'll go crazy. Come on let's see if I can lift that bookcase off of you. "

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 27, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Damaged| Location: Laboratory

Clearing Insecure and Guilty, thanks guys!

They weren't... They weren't putting him down for his failure? He wasn't sure what to think here but somehow it made him feel, welcome. He felt that he was very glad that he was surrounded by comrades like this, it made him feel a little more human.

He saw Plastic Girl struggling somewhat with the bookcase, with more time to do his thing without super-villains nearby, he sketched up collapsing rod and placed it in the gap she had made. With a twitch he made it extend and carefully pushed the bookcase back upright. Underneath his legs were the worse for wear, but that didn't matter he would merely have to ask Doctor Gore to repair them later. But first he best tidy this up, whilst he addresses the people helping him.

Laying on his back, and as little hard-light hands started putting the books back in their places he continued to Bolt and Lodestone. "This unit apologizes, I do not quite understand. I thought our objective was to capture the Every-man before he escaped? Did we succeed somewhere else?"

"This unit is happy to have gone into battle for the second time with you Bolt, and also Lodestone is this what it means to be a 'team'? I would like to participate in a celebration of victory afterwards, I heard this is the thing that you should do after a success. And perhaps also we may be distant from the university campus until it is repaired. Again."

"But first, I would appreciate if one of you may help me onto a chair I find my personal ambulatory functions to be unfortunately impaired." Said Hamon plainly, as his broken leg servos sparked and creaked, he holds a hand out to the twins. "Are the others well also?"

Bolt + Lodestone - When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them what makes them proud or happy about the actions they took, and write down a new Lesson based on it.

As he carefully reattached fallen pages from a section of computer language books he listened to his other teammate Plastic Girl disparaging herself for actions she did not take against him, this perplexed Hamon "Why would I dislike you Miss Plastic Girl for the actions of the Everyman? The things that the Everyman said to this unit are true. The Everyman told this unit that he was a failed experiment, and for this instance she is correct for I had failed in my stated duty and could not stop the villain, I have observed this and will reflect on it. This unit does not like this feeling but it will motivate him to avoid further mistakes the next time we meet."

"But you are not the Everyman, you are Plastic Girl, this is an observable fact. To assume anything else would be a clear and obvious falsehood from easily observable evidence that you are both two separate people and should be safely discounted, and yet you do not feel this is the case, why?"

Plastic Girl - When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, if their response helps you understand human feelings and problems, mark potential. If their response confuses or offends you, shift your Freak up and your Mundane down.

I think I am doing this team move thing right?

EDIT: Everyone has influence over Hamon, it doesn't matter for the twin's roll but that makes Plastic Girl's roll a 10

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 27, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Bolt and Lodestone tilted their heads as one, then helped Hamon up into the chair.

Bolt spoke first, "Everyone's looking pretty good! A few scrapes and bruises, but I think we all made it through alright. It would have been great if we could have stopped her, of course, but we managed to stop the Battle Heroes and the demons and close the portal! We didn't even let the campus burn down! We hit all of our original goals and even stopped Everyman from stealing their decoder project!"

Lodestone smiled, "Definitely! The League hasn't been able to stop her. The fact that we prevented her from getting something she wanted? That's a pretty big deal."

The two, once again in sync, tapped their foreheads. A party? A party! They needed to rustle up an old-fashioned celebration party. Hamon wanted to see what celebrating like a team was all about and the others could certainly use a bit of a pick-me-up!

When Bolt and Lodestone share a triumphant celebration... nothing happens! :v:

Tricky fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Fre: 0 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Insecure | Location: Laboratory

Reject Everyman's influence, which is hard because I'm very insecure right now:
(11:06:59 PM) Gazetteer: !roll 2d6-2
(11:07:00 PM) Krysmbot: Gazetteer, 3-2 = 1

It galled pretty badly to accept any kind of advice from Everyman. And I wasn't accepting it. Not really. If she got in our way again, I'd... we'd think of something. Or try to. Maybe. Either way, I still couldn't quite keep a part of me from thinking maybe she was right. Maybe I was just not cut out for this. After all this time, I was in almost exactly the same situation now as I had been on that first night I'd gone out and gotten in over my head. All I could do was watch her leave, after all. Once she was gone, I let out a heavy sigh.

"You're on my hair," I groaned, with my first attempt to shift out from under Entropy. "Ow."

Rushing in without a plan. Not paying close enough attention to my surroundings or to my target. Twice, twice, I'd done something that would have worked on a standard human, but I failed to consider that I wasn't attacking a human. I could hear the Lawman drawing particular attention to that already. I should know enough about Everyman's powers to know what's not even going to phase her -- I work with her, after all. After a fashion. Kid, you can do better than this. I know it, you know it -- plain as spots on a dog. So DO better.

The Battle Legends did fine, once they stopped wrecking the place. And I'd tell them that -- We couldn't have gotten as far as we did without them. But I'd also want to point out that if they were going to go around vandalising private property in costumes, they were going to draw superhero attention. Hell. Between the lot of them, the ones not secretly Everyman had done a lot more good than I had.They might make a good hero team, if they decided to stop wasting their powers on pointless destruction.

As for my teammates... Bolt and Lodestone did fantastic all around work. So did Hamon; it wasn't his fault he got knocked around near the end. We all did. Plastic Girl and Entropy did the best they could. Entropy didn't even hesitate to keep putting herself in harm's way for the team, even if it didn't always work out like she'd planned. The problem here wasn't with any one person. It was just a matter of getting in over our heads and making plans on the fly that didn't work out like we hoped they would. So, ultimately, it was a failure of leadership. It was my fault. I'd have to do better, somehow.

With an exhausted sigh, I stopped trying to fre myself from the tangle I was laying in with Entropy, and did my best not to get in her way as she climbed off of me.

• Locked thread