Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Lucky Guy posted:

that's how you get mattress ghosts

that sounds so comfy right now. :allears:

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
How big we talkin OP. Since you aren't in america presumably, I'm guessing you have some euro-gay sized mattress here. Put it up against the window and kind of wedge it in there like a U shape and push that poo poo right out.

also

whats his name

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

fist4jesus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 6, 2016

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
You could go to a hardware store and get a ventilator/mask used for spray painting? I don't know if it would keep out the smell while you're working, but I use em for repair work. I think mine was USD $30.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
why are you doing this again OP?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

When I worked in a nursing home there was a couple of old men whose pee stench smelled exactly like fish and chips, heavy on the salt and vinegar. The odour was intense and lingering. As foul as it was I credit it with improving my health by making me eat less greasy foods.

edit- also cured me of my piss fetish. So all things considered it was a positive experience being exposed to the old man pee.

Moon Atari fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 3, 2016

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
open the damned windows overnight and buy a half dozen of these to put in each room. . as long as you lysol the hell out of the place first... it will smell like a million bucks. https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Exterminator-Orange-Lemon-Splash/dp/B000O3BFSY Maybe take the label off if you keep them around after he gets back... let the man have SOME dignity.

Don't ask me why I know this.

warcraft_boyfriend_99 fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 3, 2016

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just spray some febreze on it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Buy a plastic mattress cover so he doesn't end up making another piss sponge out of the new one.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

http://www.kyliecare.com.au/the-kylie-range/

One of these will allow him to piss himself in comfort and save him from having to wash his entire fitted sheet every time.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just put a plastic sheet on the old mattress and the new one on top.
It will save you the hassle and it will be fun to climb and fall from.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
They make mattress covers (and mattresses but $$$) for people with his problem op, consider one of those too. The current mattress probably only got to its ammoniac state after distilling weeks or months of piss inside it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lay on it and press your unguent against it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
tongue sorry spilled beer on m keyboard last nigh and everyother night

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

unpacked robinhood posted:

post some photos of the hovel

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Burn the mattress and sweep up the ashes. No moving required.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

DONT be a sissy
Move the pissy

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Dr Sun Try posted:

you mentioned a cat

but there are no pics?

seriously op, post the mattress for gently caress's sake

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
If it's in the mattress it's probably in the carpet etc. too

Seconding the dehumidifier, then you can sprinkle baking soda (sodium bicarbonate if your country is weird) on the carpet and let it sit, then vacuum.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You can be super tactful by telling the old man you replaced the mattress "because the cat peed on it."

And that you think his cat should be put down.

No pics pls, if he found out he'd die of shame. And who wants to see a pissy mattress, it's not like we can smell it for a thrill.

The dehumidifier idea sounds good. Some portable air conditioners have that function. But the friend who lent it to you might become an ex-friend after it comes back smelling of piss. Use lots of room & surface sprays, ethanol based or Febreeze / Ambi Pur, which chemically neutralises smells rather than masks them.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

verbal enema posted:

tongue sorry spilled beer on m keyboard last nigh and everyother night

You will soon be just like the old man.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Hire some Mexicans op.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
leave him a couple of handles of vodka too, he'll probably be thirsty after getting out of the hospital

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

be sure to bleach the hell out of that mattress so the piss stains go away and the hobos won't know it's a piss filled mattress

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just febreeze it dude. :dukedoge:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Get some of that urine odor remover for cats and dogs, the ennzymes help break down the scent molecules, instead of just masking it. Also good for any other surfaces you feel charitable enough to de-pissify for him.

Stuff like https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Urine-Odor-Stain-Remover/dp/B00NC0GU2C But get a 55 gallon drum of it.

Bicarbonate, water, and vinegar can help a bit too.

Also dehumidifier for sure as others have said.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
op, you should do a boston clanger on the mattress

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Drop liquid nitrogen on it, it will break the piss molecules at the atomic level and help you achieve valhalla op

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
put a heavy duty matress cover on the new matress, we got one at my house because my gf is allergic to dust mites but it's paid off in spaids for when we pee/poop on eachother and then roll around in it like animals.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
This guy is gonna be so mad when he comes home and finds that you've replaced his mattress full of money with a non-money-filled mattress.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

fist4jesus posted:

No its not mine.

I have a friend/neighbor that I sort of look out for.
He went to hospital today, called him to tell him I'd feed his cat, asked him if there was anything else he needed me to do.
Asked me to turn off his bedroom fan. Ok.

Cat was locked in the house, crying at the front door,let him out, fed him.
I knew I was hosed as the heater was on, it runs 24/7.

Walked down the hall. Starting to get hints of piss.
opened the bedroom door and got hit with a wall of fresh and stale old man piss.
Tried to be brave, fumbled for the light switch. Failed.
Ran outside with my eyes watering from the ammonia and vomited.

So thats the back story.

Now I need to figure out a way, to get the mattress, bedding and anything else that needs it, out of the room, around several tight corners, hallway ectra. Without touching it much, and without contaminating the rest of the (carpeted) house.

Wear gloves, don't be whiny, haul it off. Shower and wash your clothes. You'll be fine.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wring the mattress over a tub and donate the piss to the piss shelter

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Tell your peepee papa the new mattress will turn purple when exposed to urine

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

social vegan posted:

you could get a casper and pee on it while it's still crammed up in the small delivery box so you get the most coverage/volume

Are those any good? I'm looking for a new mattress now

• Locked thread