Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

misty mountaintop posted:

The only people capable of pulling off such a heist are undoubtedly wealthy themselves. The rich stealing from the rich is nothing new and it's not morally justifiable. It's impossible for a poor person to break into the jewelry heist business at this point.

one of the largest jewel heists in London was pulled off by a bunch of old retried thieves. True you can't really do more than mug people if you're starving poor but creativity and ingenuity will net far greater gains than trying to buy your way into a successful burglary career

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
And right now the insurance company she uses is hiring every private detective and mercenary in a 500 mile radius to find and return that jewelry.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm curious to see how Kim's public persona is altered by this, if at all. To go through something so traumatic and humiliating and have the media constantly spotlighy it would break even the most media-hardened individual.

I also hope someone's turned her jewelry into anal beads.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm glad she got robbed.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

I'm glad she got robbed.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Lots of poor people in this thread.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EorayMel posted:

New Payday 2 dlc looking promising

:hf:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Wizchine posted:

Lots of poor people in this world.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

EngineerSean posted:

I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that cause many people to call me a 'lyrical genius'. Skills that make me a godsend for people like you. If you let my four million dollar ring go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I won't look for you, I won't find you, and I will collect the insurance money.

This is pretty funny.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
The big butt lady got her jewelry stolen. You're told that you should be upset about it but really you shouldn't be.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's Kim's fault for keeping her assests in the form of jewels. Try stealing a robust stock portfolio, or investments in Eastern Poland!

If you invested in eastern Poland, then you've already been robbed.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I agree, jewel thieves are good as long as they target the filthy rich and I always wondered why pro thiefs didn't hunt down celebrities with hundred thousand dollar+ watches and jewelry and cars and poo poo

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

French thieves always pull of the ballsiest heists. Cant support them but it is kind of incredible.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Zzulu posted:

I agree, jewel thieves are good as long as they target the filthy rich and I always wondered why pro thiefs didn't hunt down celebrities with hundred thousand dollar+ watches and jewelry and cars and poo poo

Happens all the time, but kept quite by victims and insurance to avoid embarrassment.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
My ring is worth $4 million. Please do not steal it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Any pictures of this ring yet? Or cellphone?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Happens all the time, but kept quite by victims and insurance to avoid embarrassment.

It's this and also...

Hans Gruber posted:

Well, when you steal $600, you can just disappear. When you steal 600 million, they will find you, unless they think you're already dead.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
putting aside the ludicrous $4 million ring and eat the rich chat for a minute, theft under gunpoint is pretty horrible and I hope she deals with the mental repercussions of that properly!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

lorn Wayne posted:

putting aside the ludicrous $4 million ring and eat the rich chat for a minute, theft under gunpoint is pretty horrible and I hope she deals with the mental repercussions of that properly!

Agreed.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Her mom set this up.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
robbers came looking for booty and they got it one way or another

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

lorn Wayne posted:

Yeah I agree, and I hope once she recovers she gets hamburgered by a semi so the hungry dogs can eat.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

my wife read a news headline out about this and my response was "good"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm sure this is an insurance scam.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

lorn Wayne posted:

I imagine she'll see the same therapist that helped her through the trauma of her sex tape leak

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm sure this is an insurance scam.

What? Do Kayne and Kim have onerous gambling debts?

They would need a motive and I'm sure money isn't it.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Buying 4 million dollar rings and arranging to have them stolen a month or two later is probably a much more exciting method of renting jewelry than the standard channels

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
$4M goatse ring stolen, please return where it belongs.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Looks like diamonds AREN'T a girl's best friend

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Well deserved. Buy a loving safe you dumb rich twats.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

yogizh posted:

*Points gun at your head*
Open the safe, jackass.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

When you can buy whatever you want, and sleep with whomever you want, how do you think you'll get your rocks off?

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

VendaGoat posted:

*Points gun at your head*
Open the safe, jackass.

Would you tell the combination to the loving buttler ?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
sex tape

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

yogizh posted:

Would you tell the combination to the loving buttler ?

:cripes:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Bananana posted:

When you can buy whatever you want, and sleep with whomever you want, how do you think you'll get your rocks off?

Anime.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Sex tape will be worth way more than whatever item they found her with.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

yogizh posted:

A safe is only secure if the person who knows the combination is well removed from the burglars (assuming they have a small window of time), which wasn't the case here because she was in the room where your safe would have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Yeezy lost a poo poo ton of money on his stupid art projects.

• Locked thread