Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Millions of Crows posted:

Destroy China, and every current movie exec in Hollywood.
It's connected trust me.

Bend over and enjoy the endless stream of Michael Bay films and an infinite number of upcoming Warcraft sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Put the Brazzers people in charge.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Law that all movies must have the actors periodically turn to the camera and say "the diaoyu islands belong to Japan", "end the occupation of Tibet", or "Taiwan is an independent country"

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

KCRW had a thing about all the discrimination in Hollywood and how its unfair representations and poo poo, but like, it wasnt even race or gender, the person was whining that not enough movies star old people lmfbo

hey KCRW wake up and realize nobody wants the oldds! even olds dont want olds!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Bob James posted:

um.... Hello? Hollywood? yeah,.... ok so you saw the reply...

money truck is on its way back to your house Bob.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Make a movie about the money truck. Delivering money to the money truck.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Nooner posted:

KCRW had a thing about all the discrimination in Hollywood and how its unfair representations and poo poo, but like, it wasnt even race or gender, the person was whining that not enough movies star old people lmfbo

I agree, though, not enough movies star women over thirty (you know, old people).

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Gilbert Gottfried voices all the animated movies.

naem
May 29, 2011

Megan fox and Angelina Jolie star in: we are both recently divorced and we're both going to have a whole big bunch of real life actual sex with forums user name and also each other: the movie

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

so gay and you don't even like boys

Millions of Crows posted:

Destroy China, and every current movie exec in Hollywood.
It's connected trust me.

Yup. Nuke China. Also invent that memory eraser thingy from Men In Black and scrub everyone's childhood nostalgia from their brains.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Believe In Yrself Betty posted:

Make a movie about the money truck. Delivering money to the money truck.

you mean to tell me i could have clicked these ruby slippers together and gone home any time i wanted to?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
This thread could have been interesting with some genuine thoughtful replies but it's potential was ruined by one of the biggest problems I have with GBS: none of the posters here are funny. You all think you are but you're not. The guy with the cat avatar (nuff said) is especially bad. If this thread was posted in FYAD the replies would be a lot funnier.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

naem
May 29, 2011

Wizard Master posted:

This thread could have been interesting with some genuine thoughtful replies but it's potential was ruined by one of the biggest problems I have with GBS: none of the posters here are funny. You all think you are but you're not. The guy with the cat avatar (nuff said) is especially bad. If this thread was posted in FYAD the replies would be a lot funnier.

5 goku tane orb hitleers

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Salary cap - $50,000 for actors and directors per released feature.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Wizard Master posted:

haha i love it, another hot take from Wizard Master. i love the "can't read" angle, is that new?

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Leonard Part 1-5

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
ban all sound archives. now you have to produce original sound effects for 100% of your film.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

More dicks

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I'd remake Ghostbusters and I'd go back in time and make sure that Rock the Casbah was never made.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Wizard Master posted:

Have you tried posting your concerns in QCS?

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years
Remake Ghostbusters, but with men

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
ASMR: The Movie

Instead of putting on 3D glasses you put on some decent headphones.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
give George Miller control of everything and unlimited money

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

give George Miller control of everything and unlimited money

I agree, put Filthy Frank in charge of Hollywood.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I would hire more women and minorities to fix hollywood.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i'd take away there god drat computers, thathonky

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Buy panavision and refuse to sell cameras to people who make lovely movies.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Give exactly one million dollars and ten months to any unknown filmmaker with a finished script to make anything they want.

The script could be complete dogshit or something brilliant, it doesn't matter. As long as they spend no more than that million and have a finished film in ten months (and it can be legally released in the US), it gets released.

The studio totally stays out of the filmmaking process. Even if it's just 65 minutes of a dog taking a dump in IMAX 3-D, the studio cannot interfere as long as it stays under that budget and is on-time.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

spasticColon posted:

ASMR: The Movie

Instead of putting on 3D glasses you put on some decent headphones.

Youre such a big boy arent you teehee *eats cheetos with mouth open into mic*

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Just cg everyone's bulge to be bigger, even the chicks. :smuggo:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

scott zoloft posted:

i'd take away there god drat computers, thathonky

hmmm... there is a lot of truth in what you say. think about it, Jurassic Park was the first movie to use computers and since then the more powerful the computers got, the worse the movies got.

right now computers are the most powerful they have ever been and movies eat hot loads of hobocum...

ban computers!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Bob James posted:

You know...I bet this would result in better than decent movies.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JiveHonky posted:

hmmm... there is a lot of truth in what you say. think about it, Jurassic Park was the first movie to use computers and since then the more powerful the computers got, the worse the movies got.

right now computers are the most powerful they have ever been and movies eat hot loads of hobocum...

ban computers!

Yeah there's absolutely no CG in the neverending story. :jerkbag:

naem
May 29, 2011

JiveHonky posted:

ban computers!

Computers would be great if we'd just start "telling good stories" again

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
stop making every loving film 2 and a half hours long, I dont want to sit through that poo poo

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I disagree with the op, good movies still get made. Older movies just persevere while all the many bad old movies are forgotten.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
More Scanners style head explosions.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I'd pay some young bucks to strap go-pros on and head to Syria and shoot real people and then use some slick editing and turn that whole nightmare into entertainment.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Every time a Remake or a Reboot is made of a Classic, Original, or Fan-favorite film, whenever the box office is closed on the newest iteration of the film an algorithm will be used to determine which version should burned and erased entirely from all records and its director shot in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Fine, but shoot the offending executives.

• Locked thread