Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Chiropractors are like heroin. You feel great during but soon the effects wear off and you feel worse until you go back.

Seriously, have her look into osteopathy which is real medicine and is usually covered by insurance. Yoga isn't bad either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Commie NedFlanders posted:

yeah but as we were leaving i saw the lady emptying the water out and it was completely filthy and her feet didn't look any cleaner or anything (they looked clean at first)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0QpaDNwS8

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Congrats on the hot wife

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
a girl i went to college with now makes 6 figures as a baby chiropractor in southern california

this seems incredibly reckless

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
at BEST a chiropractor acts as an unlicensed and uninsured physical therapist, at BEST

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

a girl i went to college with now makes 6 figures as a baby chiropractor in southern california

she is set provided she doesn't actually think she is providing medical care and just goes through the motions

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
all the people i know from highschool swear by chiropractors and I have yet to say they are dumb as poo poo and fake because that is their family and im not THAT mean...yet...

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

baby chiropractor

haha no way

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

she is playing a dangerous game. 6 figure now, but what happens when she cracks a baby the wrong way?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rutibex posted:

she is playing a dangerous game. 6 figure now, but what happens when she cracks a baby the wrong way?

that is only a risk if she actually cracks babies at all instead of going through the motions and receiving big fat checks for putting on a little show

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I regularly go to a chiropractor/acupuncturist, but he is a fancy pants guy who works for the U.S. olympic sailing team, and I go to him for soft tissue work. He was recommended to me by my physical therapist

Basically go to a physical therapist.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately, most chiropractors legitimately believe that they are real doctors who can treat illnesses

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
My baby has no drive these days

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oooo eeee, oooo aaaaa aaaa, ting, tang, walla walla bing bang. :colbert:

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I'm imagining that the baby chiropractor likes to bane drop babies onto her knee like that scene from the dark Knight rises

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Worldshatter posted:

I'm imagining that the baby chiropractor likes to bane drop babies onto her knee like that scene from the dark Knight rises

More like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU3hGpNcBo8

Fun fact, the Ultimate Warrior studied to be a chiropractor

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Chiropractors are probably just trying to live out their unfulfilled fantasies of being a wwe wrestler

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
I guess your wife can still be the head of an international corporation. Maybe not below the neck, but her head should be OK.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

she is set provided she doesn't actually think she is providing medical care and just goes through the motions

she absolutely does, more than half of her facebook posts are sharing videos and stuff about the amazing medical benefits of chiropractory. the rest of her posts are anti-vaccination bullshit.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

she is in orange county, ca if that helps clear matters up about how she could make 6 figs as a baby chiro

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

i think you were looking for the r/relationships thread op

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Rutibex posted:

they are basically witch doctors OP, but if your wife is stupid enough to not realize that after two seconds of research than maybe she might get some benefit from the placebo effect? :shrug:

Acupuncture does the same thing but basically no risk unless your acupuncturist is a homeless heroin addict/TCC mod. Sorry, that was redundant.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

she absolutely does, more than half of her facebook posts are sharing videos and stuff about the amazing medical benefits of chiropractory. the rest of her posts are anti-vaccination bullshit.

That might just be a case of cross media marketing.

I wouldn't be suprised if quacks have a "scratch my back" deal going on.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bonzo posted:

Chiropractors are like heroin. You feel great during but soon the effects wear off and you feel worse until you go back.

Seriously, have her look into osteopathy which is real medicine and is usually covered by insurance. Yoga isn't bad either.

This is what I'm concerned about, that and the new found monthly bill of $400 or whatever an "adjustment" costs.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Go see a rolfer instead

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Commie NedFlanders posted:

yeah but as we were leaving i saw the lady emptying the water out and it was completely filthy and her feet didn't look any cleaner or anything (they looked clean at first)

Yeah that's how the "cleansing toxins through feet" scam works, they also make pads you put on your feet that magically turn black as if they're doing something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
does anyone have a link to that thread where a goon chiropractor couldn't tell the difference between xrays of a dog and a human?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

does anyone have a link to that thread where a goon chiropractor couldn't tell the difference between xrays of a dog and a human?

Wasn't that a thread here? For some reason I thought it was a goon.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Burt Sexual posted:

This is what I'm concerned about, that and the new found monthly bill of $400 or whatever an "adjustment" costs.

Yeah my wife just did all of this. She had an unrelated injury during her time at the Chrio and they made it worse. Some massage therapy can cause moire damage too with back injuries.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Lol. In the US osteopaths are just as much quacks as chiropractors.
An illustrative point: both deride "evidence-based medicine."

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Cuckopractors are dangerous op. Loudly belittle your wife's stupidity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Wasn't that a thread here? For some reason I thought it was a goon.

uh, i specified that it was a goon?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Cuckopractors are dangerous op. Loudly belittle your wife's stupidity.

No

uh, i specified that it was a goon?

I read Gud

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Is the wife attractive this is important

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

Is the wife attractive this is important

No, she's quite the opposite. Good in bed though,

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Doctor of Osteopathy
It means a doctor who graduated from a less competitive med school but paid more money to go there.
In addition to the standard medical curriculum they get training on "musculoskeletal manipulation" which is mostly 19th century hokum but most of them can give a p good massage.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AugmentedVision posted:

I regularly go to a chiropractor/acupuncturist, but he is a fancy pants guy who works for the U.S. olympic sailing team, and I go to him for soft tissue work. He was recommended to me by my physical therapist

Basically go to a physical therapist.

But not a physical therapist that recommends chiropractors or acupuncturists.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

a bone to pick posted:

No, she's quite the opposite. Good in bed though,

Keeper

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
i'll gently caress up your wifes back for free op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerAuraBoresMeAlice
Dec 26, 2005

Mugsbaloney posted:

Go see a rolfer instead

I came into this thread to post this same thing.

• Locked thread