Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
it looks like all the parts of the iPhone re-arranged in funny ways. the new iphones are ugly as sin though, so i don't really see the wisdom in making a mutated version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinese Stakeout
Apr 21, 2010
I just got the new ios update and it's pretty good

i think it has satisfied my need for novelty sufficiently that for now i will not be requiring a Google Pixel

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I need a new phone maybe I'll go with whatever the latest LG is

I want a huge phone and my coworker has some LG I think and it has a 6" screen and looks pretty good

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Code Jockey posted:

I need a new phone maybe I'll go with whatever the latest LG is

I want a huge phone and my coworker has some LG I think and it has a 6" screen and looks pretty good

LG phones don't hold heir value as well as Samsung for some reason so you can get their latest and greatest model 6 months after release for like $400-500 less than what they cost when they were released. It's sweet.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The new voicemail transcription feature in iOS 10 owns

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I just get the moto g it's cheap and works good :shrug:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tiny Lowtax posted:

LG phones don't hold heir value as well as Samsung for some reason so you can get their latest and greatest model 6 months after release for like $400-500 less than what they cost when they were released. It's sweet.

that owns

my current nexus 5 [which is a g2 if I recall] is actually a great phone I've had since it launched, if LG is still this quality then sign me the gently caress up

I'm not really impressed with samsung's offerings tbh

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
its google so naturally it will be all hyped and then turn out to be (yet) another mediocre andriod phne

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

heh. I don't know what they are thinking but jumping from 350 dollar really good nexus phones to a 650 dollar phone that doesn't have any improvements and its bonus is that it will ambient listen for OK GOOGLE and anything else you say for data mining sign me the gently caress up.

If you don't pay to have your speech mined for name brands you have not lived.

[edit] lol they only have the Pixel on their store now. Good job you numbskulls, you managed to gently caress it all up again. Why not remove the dual front speakers that EVERYONE LOVED on larger phones when watching youtube or what have you? Oh.. you did that and nearly doubled the price? Awesome.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 6, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Always on "OK Google" is already an option and it does a great job at searching for random garbage when it's in my pocket and nobody said anything that sounded like "OK Google"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
How many features are they removing? I only buy phones from companies that remove features.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I was actually thinking about getting a Google Home or whatever their Echo ripoff is, but, among other things, the terrible functionality of "OK Google" on phones made me realize I'm better off just sticking with the Echo. At least that's been out long enough to have some bugs worked out

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Croquet, toodles? Blimey not again

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Nooner posted:

what ever happened to google glass, feel like that was a real "thing" for a while and then just stopped

It served its purpose as a pyre to offer up brins mistress on a purposely failing product to fire her.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Does it have a headphone jack?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Senor Dog posted:

Does it have a headphone jack?

yes

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

I wish I could turn off voicemail completely so that people would stop leaving me voicemail!! Just text me you dingleberries!!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it looks like a 3rd world iphone

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This 700 phone doesn't have wireless charging and there's a 0.5" bottom bezel with no physical button! Lmao!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
as the forums leading google white knight/shill, i present to you the ad... warning: advertisement. hell, i think its cool as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rykmwn0SMWU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I'm not buying this chinese trash, especially after google betrayed motorola

Code Jockey posted:

that owns

my current nexus 5 [which is a g2 if I recall] is actually a great phone I've had since it launched, if LG is still this quality then sign me the gently caress up

I'm not really impressed with samsung's offerings tbh

They made a LG Nexus 5x which is good, get it before they're gone because it looks like second-rate oems from here on out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

I'm not buying this chinese trash, especially after google betrayed motorola

They made a LG Nexus 5x which is good, get it before they're gone because it looks like second-rate oems from here on out

mountain view is in china? news to me.. mind=blown :psyboom: :psyduck: :allbuttons:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Ok it's HTC which is at least The Good China but then again I see my friend who bought a Nexus 9 plus whatever htcs phone is amd they are both insanely buggy and lagGy so color me skeptical

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've had the htc m8 with the dual speakers and it's been really good

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

i put out the good china before i invite google into my life.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Smythe posted:

as the forums leading google white knight/shill, i present to you the ad... warning: advertisement. hell, i think its cool as hell.

Holy poo poo. That's a loving good ad. No irony

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What's the song

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Google is absolutely terrified of Samsung. So first they made Android closed source (all the good parts anywhow), and now they are making their own hardware. Won't be long until Samsung moves all their phones and tablets to Tizen in response.

It's a good thing though. Maybe this will end some of the horrible Android fragmentation.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
galaxy phones for the epic losery *loads a bunch of s7s into a cannon but then the cannon blows up like in donald duck cartoon*

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I wish phones didn't matter this much.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Smythe posted:

Hers what you do you stupid fucker: set your phone so it doesn't lock at work or at home. Takes 2 seconds to make a trusted area or device or whatever. If you're worried about people at work peeping your nudes at work while you're afk then you have bigger problems.
I'm more thinking about when the phone is in the vent cradle thingy while I'm driving.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I don't know why the hell anyone would upgrade their phone like every year. Seems like a big waste for a device that's designed to do a bunch of simple tasks. It's not like a gaming computer where you gotta upgrade constantly to play the latest poo poo.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

I have a nexus 6p OP (GOLD) SO ima wait for the second one probs. on Project Fi. Ftw.

What up Nexus 6 on Project Fi buddy? Do you also enjoy life in the future, as I do?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

Ya my Nexus has been doing that for me for over a year now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
im a long time google voice user so ive had voicemail transcription since, uh, my droid 2. haha. also texts from the big computer and synced across devices.pretty funny to read a post from a basic bottom-tier fucktard thinking its new and cool lol. gently caress off, idiot. YOSPOS Bitch.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Smythe posted:

LOL at the 'sexy' camera work. A phone isn't sexy. Nope, it's not sexy from that angle either.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Galaxy S5 was the last good phone.

Woden
May 6, 2006

bossy lady posted:

I don't know why the hell anyone would upgrade their phone like every year. Seems like a big waste for a device that's designed to do a bunch of simple tasks. It's not like a gaming computer where you gotta upgrade constantly to play the latest poo poo.

Because you stop getting security updates on a device that has a ton of personal information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

People passionately discussing and defending phones makes me feel weird, and not very good.

• Locked thread