Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Could you do it?
Heck yeah I could!
No that's too much.
Goku could.
View Results

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They managed to kill at least one hornet in that clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
They can surround weaker enemies and over heat them to death

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

like, do honey bees have any means of defending themselves at all?

They have stingers, and certain breeds can actually swarm invaders completely and basically roast them to death inside the beeblob with their body temperature

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Apparently only the superior Nippon bees will engage in the fever heat ball attack

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5892986/meet-the-hot-defensive-bee-ball-one-of-the-craziest-tactics-in-the-animal-kingdom

They swarm an enemy and over heat the center to like 116 degrees and it kills the predator because the honey bees can withstand like 120 degrees or something insane

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Apparently only the superior Nippon bees will engage in the fever heat ball attack

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5892986/meet-the-hot-defensive-bee-ball-one-of-the-craziest-tactics-in-the-animal-kingdom

They swarm an enemy and over heat the center to like 116 degrees and it kills the predator because the honey bees can withstand like 120 degrees or something insane

This is some next level poo poo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Too bad the european bees are loving dumb

I bet the Japanese ones could disseminate such advanced war tech though

Sea horses have been really hard to raise in captivity until recently because they're finicky fuckers that demand fresh, living food. By luck one in the sea horse aquarium in Hawaii ate some dead krill or whatever and within a week the rest of the sea horses in its tank learned to eat the dead food.

They transferred Uber sea horse to all the tanks until it had taught all the seahorses to eat dead food. The new ones teach the young as well.

We don't even know their life spans because this just happened in the last decade or something

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 8, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
sea horses lol

everything about them is wacky

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They're not even real horses

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The first animal to use its young as a projectile weapon

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The money shot

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
I don't know if I could or not, but voting 4 solely on the strength of the premise.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
voting 5 solely on the strength of the premise.

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?
I don't want to eat King of Bees out of house and home!!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zenos Paradise posted:

I don't want to eat King of Bees out of house and home!!

Bees have no king only a queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?
Is KoB a lady goon???

• Locked thread