Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

please don't poo poo up this thread it is about a grown man bagging groceries for a living with anime children permanently etched on his body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Gin posted:

please don't poo poo up this thread it is about a grown man bagging groceries for a living with anime children permanently etched on his body

Don't you worry. I scared him off.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Don't you worry. I scared him off.

Yeah eff thiss thread and its jerks im gonna go post about pizza toppings and killer whales (AKA, your mom)

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

EVIL NOONER posted:

Yeah eff thiss thread and its jerks im gonna go post about pizza toppings and killer whales (AKA, your mom)

Dude, post whatever you want. I just don't like the "evil nooner" gimmick, Post like regular nooner and we all good.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Dude, post whatever you want. I just don't like the "evil nooner" gimmick, Post like regular nooner and we all good.

Besides the name and teasing nooner for like 5 minutes of posting I have zero intention of keeping up some sort of evil nooner gimmick

althou i will definitely make sure to use the smiley the other way :)

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

EVIL NOONER posted:

Besides the name and teasing nooner for like 5 minutes of posting I have zero intention of keeping up some sort of evil nooner gimmick

althou i will definitely make sure to use the smiley the other way :)

Sounds good to me.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Thanks for the reminder, but we're already talking about evil nooner here.

Fredflonston
Jan 29, 2011

*rolls up sleeves even though my manager keeps it a chilly 62 in the store.

me - I need you dorks to go ahead pick your kombucha cuz the new Basilisk comes out at 7. See this?

* shows tattoo asuka or whatever

me - I'm very serious about this thing, the animes. And also homeopathic therapies

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Listen man we have a president who grabs women like bowling balls if this man liked cool world a lil too much as a kid at least he's free

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Maybe those tattoos are of all the kids he has raped. People who watch anime are pedophiles, so it's not that much of a stretch.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Don't judge him, he might have received them unwittingly via cursed transfer like at the end of Bradbury's The Illustrated Man.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
What kind of dweeb shops at an organic market?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
The Bagboy with the Tattooed Hands

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Redmanred posted:

What kind of dweeb shops at an organic market?

already addressed earlier in the thread. i shop at safeway like a normal poor person, but my mom shops at organic markets because she likes to pay 10x more for everything

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Tuxedo Gin posted:

already addressed earlier in the thread. i shop at safeway like a normal poor person, but my mom shops at organic markets because she likes to pay 10x more for everything

lemme get them digits, boy

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Moms have a penchant of doing that. Story checks out.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

luv 2 date boys posted:

lemme get them digits, boy

she's a crazy horse lady you dont want to mess with that

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
hell all the smart bagboys pretend to get shopping carts and smoke doobies. For real if you are a bagboy and actually bag something then you suck

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

hth posted:

i am the guy in the op

we are all the guy in the OP

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Sjs00 posted:

hell all the smart bagboys pretend to get shopping carts and smoke doobies. For real if you are a bagboy and actually bag something then you suck

yeah but,

a) if you are 30+ and a bag boy, you are not smart

b) if you have anime children tattooed on your body, you are not smart

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Tuxedo Gin posted:

she's a crazy horse lady you dont want to mess with that

dont worry, i'm from texas.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

in that case

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe those tattoos are of all the kids he has raped. People who watch anime are pedophiles, so it's not that much of a stretch.

Pedophiles or losers yep

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

LethalGeek posted:

Pedophiles or losers yep

not mutually exclusive

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
Does the person scanning the items and taking your money not also put them in the bag for you in the USA?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
When I go to the grocery store, it's mostly really early in the morning and the black lady bagging me has always been there from the stocking shift (1A.M.-8A.M. I come in around 7:00) So she is always deadassed beat, but she makes conversation and is nice. So more power to her I guess?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Tuxedo Gin posted:

not mutually exclusive

i live in a world where this post was necessary

kinda makes u think

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

hth posted:

i live in a world where this post was necessary

kinda makes u think

i wish i didn't live in a world

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Applecross WC. posted:

Does the person scanning the items and taking your money not also put them in the bag for you in the USA?

sometimes but it's a lot slower that way, also would effect employment numbers of retards and also i guess anime pedophiles

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Tuxedo Gin posted:

i wish i didn't live in a world

sometimes i worry about your mental health re: your suicidal statements and other times there is a sporting event in which to drink beer in front of that distracts me from such a vigilent awareness

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

hth posted:

sometimes i worry about your mental health re: your suicidal statements and other times there is a sporting event in which to drink beer in front of that distracts me from such a vigilent awareness

my mental health is exquisitely poor, thank you for your concern, friend

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Look at this cool guy who calls going to the grocery store getting out of the house lmbo
talk about owned :aaa:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tuxedo Gin posted:

is a very overweight man in his 30s with three anime girls tattooed on his arms.

They were around 8 inches tall, one each on the inside and outside of his right arm, and a third on the inside of his left arm. I'm assuming he's saving up his bagging salary for a fourth to be symmetrical.

They weren't even sexy anime babes, though. Nor were they cool anime babes. They were large tattoos of goofy looking little anime children.

Look, you could quit your job anytime you wanted Tuxedo Gin!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applecross WC. posted:

In the old days the cashier would just scan things as quickly as they could and then they would go on another belt back to a bag boy that would bag them and there was a bag boy for every lane. Of course these days there is often just one bag boy an he will bag until they make him go wrangle carts or whatever. When the bag boy is there the checkout process is faster. Baby boomers bitch and moan when the checkout girl has to do all the bagging on her own. People my age just go and do the bagging ourselves usually while the checkout girl does the checkout stuff.

There are also self checkout places so that stores can make you do even more of their work and pocket the difference. Boomers generally refuse to use these outright (they say to preserve jobs but the real reason is that the touch screen terrifies them) and younger people will use them for smaller purchases because the boomers plug up the lines with cashiers. For larger purchases the self checkouts are a nightmare and everyone gets in line for a cashier unless the lines are really bad.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Applecross WC. posted:

In a lot of places in Europe it was real cool a lot of the time because the money taker person just kinda stands there and stares at you while you bag your own stuff. Also the space provided is super tiny so the whole line is waiting for you to finish so the next person can start getting their items scanned.

There's a little table provided a few feet away sometimes but if I could easily pick up and carry everything over to the table I wouldn't need it bagged in the first place.

Just another reason it's better in the :911:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The grocery store I go to most of the time has a cashier but you gotta bag your own groceries. They even have 2 conveyor belts on the other side of the cashier so they can start checking the next person while the previous customer is still bagging their groceries.

I like it because I don't have to worry about some dumbass trying to put the bread in the same bag as canned goods and what not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The grocery store I go to most of the time has a cashier but you gotta bag your own groceries. They even have 2 conveyor belts on the other side of the cashier so they can start checking the next person while the previous customer is still bagging their groceries.

I like it because I don't have to worry about some dumbass trying to put the bread in the same bag as canned goods and what not.

The poor people grocery I used to go to in Vegas to get turkey thighs and the good frozen burritos was like that. There was this wooden toggle thing that would decide which of the two destinations the groceries went to.

• Locked thread