Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I beaned a guy with a mace from on top of a horse then got exploded by an artillery shell.

A good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Basing a game on either of the World Wars is extremely insensitive and if America actually participated in either of them seriously instead of swooping in at the end and stealing the glory, you people would realize this.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

AugmentedVision posted:

Basing a game on either of the World Wars is extremely insensitive and if America actually participated in either of them seriously instead of swooping in at the end and stealing the glory, you people would realize this.

take it to dnd nerd

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
im jk

I really want them to make a day of defeat global offensive

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

AugmentedVision posted:

im jk

I knew you were. I never played DoD: Source, but I loved the original

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I stopped buying battlefield when it went to origin but boy I am tempted. The open beta weekend was fun and that was the worst map in the game.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I'm not a nerd >:(

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'll buy it in a month for $30

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im going to buy the new call of duty for $50000000

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
If I buy this game, at what rate can I expect to spend money on DLC? I am a hardcore gamer and don't play CoD or BF so I don't know :smug:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AugmentedVision posted:

If I buy this game, at what rate can I expect to spend money on DLC? I am a hardcore gamer and don't play CoD or BF so I don't know :smug:

More importantly: what format will the DLC take? Because Battlefront made it clear they are willing to get real retarded with how the DLC is applied.

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.

Away all Goats posted:

Battlefield hasn't been good since 2142. BC2 was indeed a good game, but not a battlefield game.

Goon Squad 2142 griefing was the most satisfying of all the bf griefing.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

AugmentedVision posted:

There is going to be both free and pay DLC from what I understand. The first DLC is a map that comes out in December and will be free. Pretty sure there's going to be France and Russia DLCs

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

AugmentedVision posted:

Premium is only $50, so with the greenman deal it's under a hundred for the game and all DLC as it comes out.

Also if it's like the other BF games, the multiplayer servers are split into vanilla maps, or all maps. You might have a tough time finding good servers if you get choosy with your DLC.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Games sitting on my ps4 with that sweet little 5 hour timer. Can't wait to grab that flamethrower and burn the world.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

u wan gently caress posted:

Premium is only $50, so with the greenman deal it's under a hundred for the game and all DLC as it comes out.

Also if it's like the other BF games, the multiplayer servers are split into vanilla maps, or all maps. You might have a tough time finding good servers if you get choosy with your DLC.

I looked at it and it just seems like a bundle deal for the next 4 DLC? Is there anything guaranteeing that it will pay for all DLC that will come out throughout the entirety of the game's lifetime?

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

Nah, letting stupid Europeans kill each other while smart Americans sucked out their wealth was brilliant. It is a shame that Germany had to be retarded and get the US involved due to the Zimmerman Telegraph controversy.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

AugmentedVision posted:

haha i bet russia is really steamed about all this

e: the company that makes battlefield should put together a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game modeled on DayZ standalone

but you know, with a team that can deliver

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

doom is on sale should i buy doom

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

doom is on sale should i buy doom

Yes, but don't bother with the multiplayer.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

i get upset about video games and publicly share my concerns on youtube and facebook comment sections

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

AugmentedVision posted:

I looked at it and it just seems like a bundle deal for the next 4 DLC? Is there anything guaranteeing that it will pay for all DLC that will come out throughout the entirety of the game's lifetime?

Not sure to be honest, just going off of previous releases this would be the case. Maybe they'll dick things up this time around. Regardless I'd opt for premium to stay up on map packs. Segmenting their base with one-offs would just gently caress up the matchmaking and server harmony, but :dice:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

u wan gently caress posted:

Not sure to be honest, just going off of previous releases this would be the case. Maybe they'll dick things up this time around. Regardless I'd opt for premium to stay up on map packs. Segmenting their base with one-offs would just gently caress up the matchmaking and server harmony, but :dice:

Hmm. The entire reason I'm asking this is because I was like "maybe I should get into BF, at least they don't release a new game every year like CoD, lemme look at the release timeline on Wikipe-:staredog:" Would be lovely if it was just the first batch of DLC and then you had to pay again

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Power_of_the_glory posted:

Yes, but don't bother with the multiplayer.

why do people keep saying this?

is it because you don't level up gunpoints?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

AugmentedVision posted:

Hmm. The entire reason I'm asking this is because I was like "maybe I should get into BF, at least they don't release a new game every year like CoD, lemme look at the release timeline on Wikipe-:staredog:" Would be lovely if it was just the first batch of DLC and then you had to pay again

Its been the case for a good 5 years or so. Originally the "Season pass" junk brought them a TON of grief (for good reason) but as time went on it became downright honest compared to what other games got into.

Season pass has been "all DLCs for the life of the game (which is set in stone fyi)" for EA shooters

The upside to it is they have really added value in general , with exceptions

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AugmentedVision posted:

Just ignore the DLC imo. People well play out for a core of weeks when it is new then go back to the vanilla maps

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AugmentedVision posted:

im jk

that's basically my dream multiplayer game but lol at valve

Day of Defeat and Natural Selection were the two best FPS games :colbert:

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

Xaris posted:

that's basically my dream multiplayer game but lol at valve

Day of Defeat and Natural Selection were the two best FPS games :colbert:

gently caress yeah man aint this the goddamn truth.

BF1 Xbone goons add me thebrowngzis just send me a message or something so I know whats up.
I also play Overwatch a lot so

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

AugmentedVision posted:

I agree but then again bideo games pew pew pew!!!!!!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

AugmentedVision posted:

It's because the battlefield franchise actually makes new games rather than just new textures

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
theres a whole level where you have to gas the jews this game offends me

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
battle of britain in battlefield 1942 was the best

bangin ma head while jeepin and killin the besttt

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

yeah this too. most people don't know what the gently caress happen except that people got mustard gassed in trenches and lovely mgs that blow up in your face.

WW2 is most well known to everyone and easily translate into a game since it was kind of even in real life with a wide variety of cool guns/tanks and famous stuff like d-day. i actually kind of hope WW2 comes back in flavor in the next couple years because I'd love to play a new Day of Defeat ala CS:GO or older CoDs

Boy are you going to be happy: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633799024

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My son is loving everything up in this game . He's 13 so that explains it.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
They tricked me into believing I'll be playing as Laurence but you're just a middle-aged lady instead :(

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Thought my pc couldnt run it but appeerantly its just about playable smoothly. Guess I'm getting it.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What's that syringe you carry around as a medic ? Poison ? I don't want to kill any teammates

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
BF1 caught my interest when I was told that it's not really an accurate WWI game, but it's actually a steampunk shooter. I love steampunk.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Game feels a little bit light on content (only a few vehicles, for instance) but there's actual balance. Nothing too overpowered besides nerds who sit on the battleship/airship all game. The fighting is hellish, and the destruction is cool (generally won't be blowing up entire buildings though). The only :dice: decision I've found so far is that you can't customize your classes in the main menu, only in-game via a small 'customize' button. All the unlocks are done by playing, and it randomly drops you weapons skins (I got 2 by level 10). The only thing I would warn about is that the game seems harder than most multiplayer shooters, probably because of the nuanced movement, and that it rewards players who run around like madmen. Camping is still a douche move, but between the destruction and the death-cam (points at and highlights your killer), nobody is going to let campers hang around for long.

64-player servers run great (17 ping here), and the operations mode strings together a series of matches between 2-3 maps and has wonderful pace that keeps everyone moving. Seems like they took the best parts of Battlefront, so it feels a bit more like Battlefront than the old Battlefield games, but mostly in a good way. Recommended especially if you want a challenge.

protip: don't forget to turn v-sync off

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

How do I buy this game it isn't on Steam

• Locked thread