Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

GI_Clutch posted:

That catch is that you'll tell yourself you'll do this. You'll buy all the poo poo, use it once, put the stuff in the closet, then forget about it. Then at some point in the future, you'll buy more swiffer pads, use it once, then put it back in the closet. Next thing you know, you have like four boxes of swiffer pads each missing one or two pads, and dirty floors.

This is what sad sacks do. Op sounds neurotic, not sad.

Op I recommend a regular swiffer and the box of wet pads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The swiffer won't really clean your floor, but it will make it shiny and smell nice and that just might be good enough.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Just use a dust mop for usual cleaning, and do a scrub about once a season.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Correct i wouldn't MOP that frequently but the swiffer makes it so easy that I would be likely to clean my floors very often

1. Vacuum
2. Apply fresh pad to swiffer
3. Steer swiffer around floors

And then you got clean floors .... boom.

Seems pretty good and fast too. Is there a catch? Idk

You ain't gonna do that three times a week either

Just sweep intermittently and then mop when you spill poo poo like a normal rear end white person

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I use a Shark steam mop

s'alright, probably better than a swiffer though

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
no swiffers are poo poo. they're like roombas sure they "clean" but if you spend 0 more minutes you can actually just clean. mop and a god drat bucket

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
The only reason you should have a mop and bucket in 2016 is to illustrate for the television audience how inept doofuses clean floors

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

This is what sad sacks do. Op sounds neurotic, not sad.

Op I recommend a regular swiffer and the box of wet pads

I'm gonna go with this

Cooking in the kitchen, you're bound to spill/splatter something. Not to mention the pee splatters from peeing in the "standing" position. I think a Swiffer Starter kit ought to handle these challenges sufficiently :smuggo:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gary oldmans diary posted:

where can i get a cereal bowl that just holds more and with higher sides than bowls that come in dish sets
i like eating cereal and i want my bowl to really reflect that

please no separate milk compartment nonsense

Buy a chinese noodle bowl

Or just use one of those mcdonalds buckets

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Swiffers are good but not as good as they need to be. Mops? Might as well be skidmarking the floor by dragging your rear end across it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
A lot of users posting ITT are now probated, I'm scared. Is it sniffers or a honeypot?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

piss on the floor and wipe it up with your sock this is how I keep the area around my toilet pristine

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FedEx Mercury posted:

Any bowl is a cereal bowl if it can hold milk and cereal.
my cereal needs are slightly greater than the standard 10 oz or whatever bowls you get in dinnerware sets

Sheep-Goats posted:

Use a drawer from a three compartment sterilite office organizer u gimp
your suggestions are lacking. i dont think you even know about cereal

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Buy a chinese noodle bowl
this is possibly a good idea. some of them even have lids. that alone could be a cereal game changer

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Swiffers are only good for quick touch-ups between full moppings.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
They're great for dusting circuit boards.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

move to the midwest where every kitchen and bathroom is carpeted hell

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Every time i bought one I never use it again once it runs out of the attachment things it came with. During that brief period they can be alright, but after that they become inconveniently shaped trash because I can never remember to buy the refill packs.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Recycling doesn't absolve you of the guilt of Picking up dust with disposable cloth

swiffer people are terrible people

how can we make a straight forward age-old process more harmful for the environment? hmmmmm

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

other people posted:

how can we make a straight forward age-old process more harmful for the environment? hmmmmm

How do you dust

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
mop and bucket? what kind of horrible elementary school laminate poo poo floors do you guys have?

If you have a nice wooden floor you should actually not use significant amonuts of water, it's bad for indoor air quality and it's bad for the floor

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

other people posted:

yeah cuz the detergent you use in the bucket instead is just peachy right lol

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
trust me OP, stick to mopping lol. what you really want is a better and easier mop. wet swifters are a huge gimmick its just like a loving lovely mop that pushes crap around and yet still gets everything just as wet

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Mopping loving sucks that floppy poo poo is the opposite of clean

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you're supposed to rinse the mop after every use so it doesn't get like that

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Might as well push a dish sponge across your floor, but replaced even less often than a sponge

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ofc we can't expect goons to know how to mop properly

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
do you guys live in prison or rec centers?

why don't you have wooden floors?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Mops are disgusting rinsing it off at the end of rubbing it across the floor doesn't make it clean for next time.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it does if you do it properly with the hose

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
My dad calls them "Swifters" and can't won't be stopped.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dave Concepcion posted:

do you guys live in prison or rec centers?

why don't you have wooden floors?

because we have kitchens and bathrooms with tile or laminate? those are places where wood is not optimal.

also the dry swiffers are pretty good for wood floors. first sweep with a regular broom / vacuum, then go around with the swif. it gets the edges and corners well.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Every time i bought one I never use it again once it runs out of the attachment things it came with. During that brief period they can be alright, but after that they become inconveniently shaped trash because I can never remember to buy the refill packs.

there once was an ancient practice from before the dawn of the electronic age, where people wrote things down on small pieces of paper. they called them 'lists'.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Klyith posted:

because we have kitchens and bathrooms with tile or laminate? those are places where wood is not optimal.

a mop still sucks for cleaning tile

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

oldpainless posted:

Swiffers are good but not great.

I hope this helps.

This is the correct opinion. They're pretty great for quick cleanup of gross floors, but not as good if the floor doesn't look like one at an adult theater, like OP's certainly must

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Moridin920 posted:

you're supposed to rinse the mop after every use so it doesn't get like that

this is a secret dont tell anyone lol

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Swiffer does not work very good on dried poo poo. For that you have to use a scrub brush and hot water with Ammonia.

Bubsy 3-D 2 Deep 4 Me
Sep 24, 2013

Young Orc
One time I got really drunk and went to Swiffer the floors, and I put all of my weight on the handle to support my drunken, stumbling self, and snapped the handle. Keep this in mind, op. A swiffer won't offer you the support you need.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dave Concepcion posted:

a mop still sucks for cleaning tile

What's better than a mop for cleaning tile?

Neutrino posted:

Swiffer does not work very good on dried poo poo. For that you have to use a scrub brush and hot water with Ammonia.

I don't think my floors ever get dirty enough to warrant scrubbing...slop some soapy water on there, let it soak a little and mop it back up

That's good enough for every mess I've encountered in my apartment

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

it does if you do it properly with the hose

When was the last time you replaced your mop head

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

When was the last time you replaced your mop head

at work? every couple weeks prolly

at home? heh til I can't use it anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
That's disgusting

• Locked thread