Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

carry on then posted:

mx master in the streets

:rock:

duTrieux. posted:

i bought a $100 mouse and i regret nothing. the mx master.

same :hfive:

Malcolm XML posted:

mx master ownage

:getin:

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
I actually have an MX Master too but didn't know it was a good mouse, just thought it was expensive and I made a mediocre purchase. For a while they had bad shipments where the mousewheel would break or other issues, had to return it twice. It seems like I have to recharge it every week too. Other than that it's comfortable to use and works well

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Sagebrush posted:

it's a wireless mouse from before they had the nano receiver. the thing coming out the back is the old style receiver that is a stick about 2 inches long.
so you can put the receiver in there and take it over to a friends house? awesome

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Malcolm XML posted:

mx master ownage

is it actually good

assume a mousing need that fluctuates between moving poo poo across 3 screens and pixel precision on a second by second basis

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

it is asymmetric so nah

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sorry about your leftyness

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
TBH I got it because it switches between 3 devices by the click of a button.
Also the scroll wheel clutch is fun to play with.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I enjoy my MX master but I wish you could map more stuff to the side wheel otherwise a good mouse I also have a MX anywhere for portable use and it's p good too [and symmetrical for you mutants]

previous good mice:

I had like 3 of these, despite being a mac homer I haven't used an apple mouse since the '90s

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

ownage

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I plugged one of my intellimouse opticals back in recently and it didn't feel as good as I remember, plus the rubber on the mousewheel had gone all gross

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

when i first turned 21 and working a lovely job in college i got hammered and came home and ordered one of these (im p. sure this was a mx 1000, right?) at like $110 and i woke up and i was mad about my $100 drunk purchase.

it came in and it owned.

now i just use a trackball at work tho.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

qirex posted:

I plugged one of my intellimouse opticals back in recently and it didn't feel as good as I remember, plus the rubber on the mousewheel had gone all gross

yeah the side of my revo did that too, what's up with that

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

these were good, i had the black version. but then the buttons started acting weird, all registering double clicks or no clicks. very sad.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i hurt my right thumb in a traumatic mousing incident so now i cant use ergonomic mouses and instead i have an amphibious mouse that i use with my left hand

also the mouse software lets me switch key bindings on the fly so thats nice

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

when i first turned 21 and working a lovely job in college i got hammered and came home and ordered one of these (im p. sure this was a mx 1000, right?) at like $110 and i woke up and i was mad about my $100 drunk purchase.
nah it's the m705 "marathon" mouse but I think the casing is the same as the 1000

Elder Postsman posted:

these were good, i had the black version. but then the buttons started acting weird, all registering double clicks or no clicks. very sad.
happened to most of them eventually, it's too bad microsoft doesn't bother making decent mice anymore I mean :cmon:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

qirex posted:

happened to most of them eventually, it's too bad microsoft doesn't bother making decent mice anymore I mean :cmon:

it's like that game where someone who can't see what you're drawing tries to talk you through drawing things, except with mice

so a mouse is roughly hand-sized, roundish, and there's a groove for the thumb, and it's got a wheel, and it's for windows

*looks*

nononono, it's like, rounded edges but kinda flat, and it's got a scroll wheel in the middle and like, flat buttons that don't move at all when you push it

*looks* ugh no you stupid rear end-sex pillow what's wr

this game's dumb i quit

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

u should buy a hundred lb mouse op

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
just don't get this mouse and you'll be alright

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

just don't get this mouse and you'll be alright

I got this mouse- coworkers quickly got tired of the noise of me constantly folding it back and forth to restore connection to the dongle.

e: that and the doopy fake clicking noise it makes when you use the scroll pad.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
hell, buy a $200 mouse op. go crazy

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

it's like that game where someone who can't see what you're drawing tries to talk you through drawing things, except with mice

so a mouse is roughly hand-sized, roundish, and there's a groove for the thumb, and it's got a wheel, and it's for windows

*looks*

nononono, it's like, rounded edges but kinda flat, and it's got a scroll wheel in the middle and like, flat buttons that don't move at all when you push it

this game's dumb i quit

lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

qirex posted:

nah it's the m705 "marathon" mouse but I think the casing is the same as the 1000

this mouse isn't bad if you're one of those proles who palms the whole mouse. a few people i know have it and it's reasonably comfortable like that. however it doesn't really allow fingertip usage like i prefer so nope no thanks.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

GameCube posted:

want this mouse more than anything

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Xaris posted:

weird, all the sharp edges seem uncomfortable

recently upgraded from a roccat kova to using a plain jane zowie and it's pretty good, although the dpi button on the button sucks

wtf this mouse looks exactly like a deathadder

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Smythe posted:

wtf this mouse looks exactly like a deathadder

you think a taiwanese company would do that?? just...copy another product???

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

this mouse isn't bad if you're one of those proles who palms the whole mouse. a few people i know have it and it's reasonably comfortable like that. however it doesn't really allow fingertip usage like i prefer so nope no thanks.

maybe but it looks like someone dropped a ball of clay on the corner of their desk then made a mold of it

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

flakeloaf posted:

*looks*

this game's dumb i quit

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah i'd say it's 50% "we heard minimalism is good but we don't really know what the word means" and 50% "we accidentally showed the project director the early thumbnail sketches and he fixated on that one"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

yeah i'd say it's 50% "we heard minimalism is good but we don't really know what the word means" and 50% "we accidentally showed the project director the early thumbnail sketches and he fixated on that one"

design review meeting at microsoft hq
"all right guys these look pretty good but something's not quite right..."
*looks over at pink box with jelly donut left uneaten*
"ok now I know you're going to hate this but hear me out"

qirex fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 3, 2016

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Sagebrush posted:

it doesn't really allow fingertip usage like i prefer so nope no thanks.

i would. :bigtran:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Malcolm XML posted:

mx master ownage

the mx master is a worse version of the mx revolution. its so dumb. just make an updated mx revolution, logitech.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Shaggar posted:

the mx master is a worse version of the mx revolution. its so dumb. just make an updated mx revolution, logitech.

Logi

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh right. thx

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I have a g700. it's alright, i like the heavier mouse types

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i got a razr death adder something or something

it has a rgb light but i disabled it

works alright

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I have a g700. it's alright, i like the heavier mouse types

the g700 has the worst loving battery life, i had to charge that POS every other day, even with all the power saving poo poo cranked up in logitech's awful gaming software.

i was so excited when the mx master was released, because logitech's previous flagship (performance mouse mx) was absolutely shameful. they kept that thing in production for way too goddamn long. poo poo build quality, plastic scrollwheel instead of metal like the MX1100 and MX revolution, awful shape. this was during a dark time when logitech almost killed themselves after investing way too much in google TV

the mx master is the first and only time i've bought a logitech mouse for full price

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

qirex posted:

I had like 3 of these, despite being a mac homer I haven't used an apple mouse since the '90s

i have an extra one of these, just in case mine dies. this thread is making me think an mx master might be in my future though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

agreeing with shaggar, surprisingly

that funky little thumb shuttle thing was really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

we just call that "telephones" around here.

Or you can get this game which is really fun and kinda the same concept.
https://www.amazon.com/Telestrations-8-Player-The-Original/dp/B001SN8GF4

• Locked thread