Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Welp thank god I'm a white male I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

it was yeah but mine was first and im a mod so i can do what i want!!

:FIGHT THE POWER:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nonsense posted:

Jeb promising to challenge Trump in 2020 primary! JEB!

https://twitter.com/JebBushJr/status/796155595875381248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
He's not going to be as bad as Duterte at least, I think. As far as I know he has not personally picked up a submachinegun and killed anyone with it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Monkey Fracas posted:

I can't wait to go sit in my room at work that's made up entirely of minorities. I'm going to build a tiny wall around my desk .

Also does anyone have statistics on how badly Hillary outspent Trump? I really want to rub this in the face of all the anti-citizens united folks, because in a no - CU world Trump gets an even bigger advantage.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monkey Fracas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO4ZWiEuFB4

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nietzschean posted:

i have a thesis to defend in a bit over 2 hours and am still awake from this roller coaster shitfest

Maybe your professors are as shook as you are and they'll understand that nothing truly matters

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I can't wait to go sit in my room at work that's made up entirely of minorities. I'm going to build a tiny wall around my desk .

Also does anyone have statistics on how badly Hillary outspent Trump? I really want to rub this in the face of all the anti-citizens united folks, because in a no - CU world Trump gets an even bigger advantage.

Trump spent $5 per vote.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

He's not going to be as bad as Duterte at least, I think. As far as I know he has not personally picked up a submachinegun and killed anyone with it.

I'm beginning to believe there was some internals that proved Trump could openly fire a gun on bystanders on 5th St and still win the election

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

trump spent like 5 dollars per vote

efb

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

give the man a chance jesus

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Duterte is actually incredibly popular in his country even though he's burning every bridge there was.

Who knows maybe Trump will usher in a populist revolution paved with the bodies of hispanics! (Im hispanic)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Two things: what's the final senate count? 51 right? And might get to 52? Feingold and Bayh losing is hilarious

also Trump just destroyed all political science theory regarding GOTV and polling. Hillary should've outperformed polls by 5%+ (based on obama outperforming by 2.5+ over a competent romney team) and instead she underperformed by 5%+.

also I'm so hosed w/r/t health insurance but on the plus side getting back into foreclosure law is about to be very viable!!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nonsense posted:

Trump spent $5 per vote.

is that low? high?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

i could stand in the middle of fifth avenue and shoot somebody and i wouldnt lose voters

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Reminder that the DNC had information on every individual registered voter in all swing states, and yet this *gestures wildly toward MI, WI, PA, and FL* still happened.

This is Romney-level embarrassment of misunderstanding and underestimating voters in swing states.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Two things: what's the final senate count? 51 right? And might get to 52? Feingold and Bayh losing is hilarious

also Trump just destroyed all political science theory regarding GOTV and polling. Hillary should've outperformed polls by 5%+ (based on obama outperforming by 2.5+ over a competent romney team) and instead she underperformed by 5%+.

also I'm so hosed w/r/t health insurance but on the plus side getting back into foreclosure law is about to be very viable!!

bayh didnt just lose he got annihilated

edit: need to buy a new set of bankruptcy and foreclosure texts

bean mom has issued a correction as of 14:28 on Nov 9, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

thecluckmeme posted:

I'm beginning to believe there was some internals that proved Trump could openly fire a gun on bystanders on 5th St and still win the election

"Strong leadership by Mighty Trump! Not like Wimpy Obama who hardly ever guns people down, the pussy!!!"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

is that low? high?

very low

in particular trump adamantly refused to do any get out the vote or voter outreach

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thecluckmeme posted:

Reminder that the DNC had information on every individual registered voter in all swing states, and yet this *gestures wildly toward MI, WI, PA, and FL* still happened.

This is Romney-level embarrassment of misunderstanding and underestimating voters in swing states.

I think they understood but how can you beat trump at his game

Unless you really think it is about "economic anxiety" in which case lol. Hillary was doomed from the start with trump it looks like

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nietzschean posted:

very low

in particular trump adamantly refused to do any get out the vote or voter outreach

Trump did tons of gotv it was just in the form of his rallies

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

mastershakeman posted:

the thing noone learned from 2008/2012 is that candidates do matter

like, a lot

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

euphronius posted:

I think they understood but how can you beat trump at his game

Unless you really think it is about "economic anxiety" in which case lol. Hillary was doomed from the start with trump it looks like

mocking economic anxiety is exactly why the democrats lost this election

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Turns out, spurning a voting base after the term limit was up for the incumbent via an extremely polarizing candidate resulted in an unprecedented event, and now we're all going along for 4 years of Trump that could very well result in the republicans creating a 2020 version of the KC Green dog fire cartoon where the charred husk of a beagle mutters "this is fine" in an ashen house while still getting 54% of the popular vote

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Thought this was the election thread .

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Counterpoint

https://twitter.com/JillFilipovic/status/796309460222443520

White people

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Grey Fox posted:

My family is going to lose its health insurance.

I just picked up a bottle of pills the other day. The generics were free, but would be $500 a month otherwise. My wife's meds, $1,200 a month without insurance, free with insurance.

Millions will lose their insurance. And prices will keep going up.

I only hope they keep the pre- existing conditions stuff but there is a very good chance they won't.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

Trump did tons of gotv it was just in the form of his rallies

one is paying people to get out and canvas, which involves paying people, which is a think donald does not like to do

the other is getting a bunch of adoration and attention for the price of jet fuel

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

do you think trump will live in the white house or will he just fly back and forth to trump tower to continue salvaging his brand

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thecluckmeme posted:

do you think trump will live in the white house or will he just fly back and forth to trump tower to continue salvaging his brand

charge the government to build a helipad on trump tower if it doesnt already have one and to transport him there every night via marine one from jfk

also charge them for using the helipad to do this

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Any competent left party should win poor people by a shitload

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

crabcakes66 posted:

Millions will lose their insurance. And prices will keep going up.

I can't wait for Republicans to justify how this oh wait they won't have to because the GOP never faces consequences for their actions.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

And here I was thinking I was wrong about Pennsylvania going red.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Looks like the Dow Jones might be rebounding. Maybe the traders are thinking about those sweet sweet tax cuts that are going to make balancing the budget without cutting social spending next to impossible?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Looks like the Dow Jones might be rebounding. Maybe the traders are thinking about those sweet sweet tax cuts that are going to make balancing the budget without cutting social spending next to impossible?

dead cats bounce, and so did the pound

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

It's a good thing that Trump is the healthiest person ever to be elected POTUS, because I was worrying that he didn't look too healthy.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Does this mean we get a new Secretary of State?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have a federal WRP for disabilites interview today! :downs:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

It's a good thing that Trump is the healthiest person ever to be elected POTUS, because I was worrying that he didn't look too healthy.
Mike loving Pence is his VP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Grey Fox posted:

Mike loving Pence is his VP.

Then you will join me in rejoicing in the health of Our Gilded Leader.

• Locked thread