Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
ban them all and behead that mod. make them donate to rainn if they wanna come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Moon Atari posted:

I sucked a lot of dick to get where I am today and I am confident my mouth will once again save me from the consequences of my actions.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

For the few who may not have yet heard: the mods are refusing to enforce the Hillary toxx thread. That's right: anyone who bet on Hillary will not be required to pay anything even thought they lost.

Trump was right, this is a rigged game and corruption is everywhere. If the shoe was on the other foot do you think the same leniency would have been offered to Trump toxxers? Absolutely not.

All the Bernie Bros and Trump supporters on this site complaining about bias were right.

:qqsay:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Build a wall and make DnD pay for it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol is this going to be like when Obama got elected and all the right wing political people got banned from toxxing and forums swung ultra left sjw bullshit only backwards and we are gonna be some hart alt-right site?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Nooner posted:

Lol is this going to be like when Obama got elected and all the right wing political people got banned from toxxing and forums swung ultra left sjw bullshit only backwards and we are gonna be some hart alt-right site?

it would be my glorious exit if so

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Because writing a batch file to link profiles takes like 2 seconds but reading d&d takes my soul
a batch file? lol dos tools
so you used a for statement to get all pages 1-84 with wget, another for statement to execute find <table id="post > page##.txt in all pages, another for statement to append the plaintext results, then you probably did a sort and duplicate removal in a text editor

so what you would want to do is get to the point where you can have the 2 full unsorted lists of both post id and user id, have a for command to iteratively use a find command to output and append each line from both files to a new file possibly remove the carriage return and line feed at this point and youll want a delimiter between them like a comma, set an id variable, have a for statement go through your list separating the 2 variables by delimiter and and executing an if statement that if the set id variable is not equal matching variable the for statement is currently iterating then you pipe both vars to a new file and set the id variable to the currently iterated id

its just that simple even in a batch file

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Wait wait wait....Just caught up on the issues....

10 bux to a charity, instead of a ban?

I'm cool with that.

they avoid the scarlet letter, that's the problem

they need to be shamed

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
when they come back (and they will) give them all pepes and trump towers

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

a batch file? lol dos tools
so you used a for statement to get all pages 1-84 with wget, another for statement to execute find <table id="post > page##.txt in all pages, another for statement to append the plaintext results, then you probably did a sort and duplicate removal in a text editor

so what you would want to do is get to the point where you can have the 2 full unsorted lists of both post id and user id, have a for command to iteratively use a find command to output and append each line from both files to a new file possibly remove the carriage return and line feed at this point and youll want a delimiter between them like a comma, set an id variable, have a for statement go through your list separating the 2 variables by delimiter and and executing an if statement that if the set id variable is not equal matching variable the for statement is currently iterating then you pipe both vars to a new file and set the id variable to the currently iterated id

its just that simple even in a batch file

no, somebody else made the list of names so I just appended the url to the front of it. I would never have done that much work for this bullshit.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I hate yankees posted:

they avoid the scarlet letter, that's the problem

they need to be shamed

So, shame on an internet dead comedy forum is worth more than a charity getting funding?

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Drunk & Ugly posted:

it would be my glorious exit if so

noo

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
trump for mod

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

that much work

im starting to think you did it manually. didnt you
for shame

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Drunk & Ugly posted:

just say trumped and its like poof youre owned nothing matters

i know. it's insane and it pwns.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Toxx is now meaningless without follow-through. We'll exchange stories about what it used to mean as the site dies. Mods hate money, attention, etc.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

So, shame on an internet dead comedy forum is worth more than a charity getting funding?

Welching on a bet with extremely clear terms and then going "oh but look I'm giving to charity, why are you against charity?" is, in the words of another poster, bitchmade as hell.

If it was just a poster that's just shameful behavior by an individual, but this is extremely obviously a moderator welching on behalf of others out of transparent favoritism.

LGD fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 10, 2016

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Make SA bland and unfunny.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

yes, don't break tradition because you're so lazy about enforcing a toxx clause full of smug assholes

you could ban them and have them email a mod with proof they donated at least $10 to charity then reverse the ban but that would require too much ~*work*~

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Look if his high exaltedness shows up and says I need the cash for server stuff, then loving ban them all and gently caress you for not doing it.

If Lowtax is cool with it, money going to a charity is not a bad thing.

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
BAN THIS SICK FILTH

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Please either ban the mod or uphold the toxx. God bless

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its ban-o'clock at night on a bansday and youre not banning?

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

So is this worse than Aatrek?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

VendaGoat posted:

1 Toxxing is a standard here. Put your money where your mouth is and show some spine.

2 they have been offered that option and several people have already donated to get out of the permatoxx and said "Go ahead, I donated and I will happily eat my ban", but still no ban.

3 there are several posts asking for donations to save these dead gay forums, and here we are with a potential 10k bux for the forums and all they have to do is enforce the existing rules and existing agreement, and still no ban

4 it's been 16 hours since the event and still nothing, the non-chosen members are understandably restless at this.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

ban every single one of them

lmao that d&d toxx forgiveness thread is the most bitchmade thing i have ever seen lmao

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

My Q-Face posted:

1 Toxxing is a standard here. Put your money where your mouth is and show some spine.

2 they have been offered that option and several people have already donated to get out of the permatoxx and said "Go ahead, I donated and I will happily eat my ban", but still no ban.

3 there are several posts asking for donations to save these dead gay forums, and here we are with a potential 10k bux for the forums and all they have to do is enforce the existing rules and existing agreement, and still no ban

4 it's been 16 hours since the event and still nothing, the non-chosen members are understandably restless at this.

Here is my current position after learning all the facts.

VendaGoat posted:

Look if his high exaltedness shows up and says I need the cash for server stuff, then loving ban them all and gently caress you for not doing it.

If Lowtax is cool with it, money going to a charity is not a bad thing.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PE2hSqVnk

you call yourself a moderator you son of a bitch?
A-Always
B-Be
B-Banning
ALWAYS BE BANNING

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

My posting history shows that I am not just against the ban out of self-interest, but that my pussy nature extends to arguing against all the large ban offs in recent history.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

im starting to think you did it manually. didnt you
for shame

as much as I want to see d&d posters burn three lines of code was all I could dedicate to it, the real hero is the person who listed all the names on separate lines

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
on the one hand, yeah you they should be banned

but on the other, lol at compiling a list of the toxxers

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
something awful truly ain't what it used to be

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
There hasn't been a mod scandal this bad since that guy diddled that kid.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

there is an announcement in this very forum from lowtax saying he's broke and needs money

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
if you banned everyone who toxxed for hillary this dead gay forum would be even more dead and gay

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
lowtax just hangs out on twitter now so he doesn't "run" the site like he used to, he's like a dad that only comes around on the 1st and 15th of the month reeking of liquor

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

VendaGoat posted:

I'm phone posting so I didn't get that, i just wanted to bitch about this "CTR awaiting instructions" poo poo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Blue Train posted:

there is an announcement in this very forum from lowtax saying he's broke and needs money

It's also 14 days old. Have we raised enough money?

If not, :byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

firebeats
May 8, 2016

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

[quote="Ol Cactus Dick" post="466299910"]
Your friendly neighborhood GBS posters did most of the work and compiled a handy dandy list complete with profile links.
Firebeats

wait wait wait when the gently caress did I post in the Hillary toxx thread

• Locked thread