Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Woooo! First two songs submitted! :toot: I'll listen as soon as I'm at my desktop.

Really hope that this is the beginning of a flood... No, avalanche of new tracks being made :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I'll make another somber spoken word track and have someone add guitar strumming and Christmas as bells in post

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Christmas...Christmas never changes

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

simplefish posted:

Okay I wrote something. Norris, Stabby, I'll send you a PM with lyrics and music. You can split it up however you like, including one person just doing the whole thing. Talk to each other and get back to me.

I just read your message. I will work on butchering the song this week. :v

I heard this song yesterday, and if I hadn't been in the mall at the time I would have thought it came from this thread: https://youtu.be/Kv5ADtxg5wM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trunko posted:

I certainly hope this isn't a submission because you've forgotten something very important. :colbert:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i don't know how i'm going to top jennyinstereo proclaiming my submission from last year the worst submission she's ever heard, but i'll try

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I certainly hope this isn't a submission because you've forgotten something very important. :colbert:

im waiting on some kind soul to back my vocals with some guitar riffs and then the submission will be COMPLETE

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trunko posted:

im waiting on some kind soul to back my vocals with some guitar riffs and then the submission will be COMPLETE

Ok, just making sure. :colbert: (I like this smilie way too much)

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i don't know how i'm going to top jennyinstereo proclaiming my submission from last year the worst submission she's ever heard, but i'll try

Oooh, I should ask her which one this was, or go re-read the thread. Actually, would you mind reposting it here?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Trunko posted:

my foundation is shook

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I decided to go with a more straight-forward David Bowie parody this year. Hope you enjoy.

MY TRACK IS UNDER THE TREE

Also, I believe this was a slight issue last year, so I've added the title and artist to tags. Maybe the point about tags should be added to OP, actually.

Lyrics posted:

See these trees so green
I can stare for a thousand years
Colder than Jack Frost
It's been so long

Feel my blood enraged
It's just the fear of skipping a house
You've been good this year
Well, you've been so long
And I've been putting out fire
With cookies and milk

See this nose so red
Red like jungle burning bright
Those who hear the deer
Rush out of beds and draw the blinds
It's been so long

Still this pulsing night
A job I call a Christmas
Please, be fast asleep
You wouldn't believe what I've been through
And the pipe's so long
Well it's been so long
With cookies and milk
Putting out fire
With cookies and milk

See this coal so black
An ageless heart
that can never mend
This coal will make you cry
A judgement made
can never bend
See these trees so green
I can stare for a thousand years
Please, be fast asleep
You wouldn't believe what I've been through

It's been so long
Well, it's been so long
With cookies and milk
Putting out fire with cookies and milk

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 20, 2016

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

sout posted:

I need that one which was don't wake me up but about eggnog

On a momentary misread, this has inspired me to write lyrics for Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go but for our nefarious yuletide purposes. I'm only just concocting the insane idea, but this will of course need someone else to sing it or at least provide the music. Then again, maybe my lack of singing ability would be appropriate here. I mean, for Shaft's sake, last year my daughter and I bleated a track like a goat.

On initial thought:

quote:

[i]Jingle bells… [do doo-doo]
Jingle bells…

[FIRST VERSE]

Wake me up!
On Christmas morning
St. Nick brought gifts while we were all a-snoring
Wake me up!
On Christmas morning
[MORE]

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I hope you folks like soft rock, because my submission will be a Bread tune.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

ManiacClown posted:

On initial thought:

Filled my stocking last night!

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I can't explain why, but I literally lose my poo poo every time I hear this one from the 2012 album

http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/carol-of-the-bombs

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

simplefish posted:

Filled my stocking last night!

There we go.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Ok, just making sure. :colbert: (I like this smilie way too much)

Oooh, I should ask her which one this was, or go re-read the thread. Actually, would you mind reposting it here?

sorry, i didn't mean to be coy. i was phoneposting and didn't have the link

Holidays O' Mine by lil ol me
http://tindeck.com/listen/hzcvm

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 21, 2016

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Is there a best of list from all the years? With all the classics like Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas Time?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
If like me you can't see the Tindeck embeds in FF you'll need to switch SA to HTTP as Tindeck is too cheap to purchase a security cert.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Oh, hahahaha, gently caress, just the name brings the whole thing back to me.

Good loving job :golfclap:

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

This thread is the true gift of Christmas each year.

I have raised my children to believe that Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas Time is a genuine Christmas classic. Now we've added Taco Bell Christmas and Jingle Bawitidaba to the list (of kid safe Christmas tunes). Seriously, we were playing them as part of Christmas in July.

God Bless You Merry Goons.

We adopted two girls last year and the 5 year old specifically requests Ho Ho Ho It's ChristmasTime and Taco Bell Christmas. She's going to grow up believing that our awful Christmas songs are real Christmas tunes. It actually brought a tear to my eye thinking about it.

And yes, I have a kid friendly playlist of our awful tunes for her.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The day i finally hear Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas Time playing softly over the loud speakers in Kroeger will be the day I can peacefully drift from this mortal coil.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ManiacClown posted:

On a momentary misread, this has inspired me to write lyrics for Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go but for our nefarious yuletide purposes. I'm only just concocting the insane idea, but this will of course need someone else to sing it or at least provide the music. Then again, maybe my lack of singing ability would be appropriate here. I mean, for Shaft's sake, last year my daughter and I bleated a track like a goat.

On initial thought:

Not sure whether to feel guilty or giddy about prompting this post, godspeed.

e: I just remembered this one, so good. http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/down-with-the-christmas

sout fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 21, 2016

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The greatest time of year. I love putting this poo poo on in my car and waiting for people to realize something's wrong.

Might do a collab with the boyfriend this year. GET HYPE

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Please god someone repost the slowed down Alvin and the Chipmunks remake where David has gone insane, yells at Alvin and kisses Theodore on the cheek

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I really want to do a dirty rap song about Santa having sex with your mother... in German. We'll see how it goes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm waiting for someone to do Trump The Walls or something similar this year.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Kikka posted:

Please god someone repost the slowed down Alvin and the Chipmunks remake where David has gone insane, yells at Alvin and kisses Theodore on the cheek

https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/alvin-sings-the-chipmunks

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Grammarchist posted:

I can't match the Christmas magic that is Blonde-Haired-Blue-Eyed-White Baby Jesus, but here's my rhythm crime for the season.

Great stuff! I especially appreciate how your vocals drift from the rhythm of the rest of the music :toot:

Good god.

Beautiful. (edit: See my siren'd note below, please).

Paladinus posted:

I decided to go with a more straight-forward David Bowie parody this year. Hope you enjoy.

Also, I believe this was a slight issue last year, so I've added the title and artist to tags. Maybe the point about tags should be added to OP, actually.

Very nice :golfclap:

gently caress, I can't wait to put all of these tracks together. You people are all wonderful, and I'm getting that true Christmas feeling now.

:siren: ONE SPECIAL NOTICE: If you don't want coal in your stocking, you need to ensure that your track is downloadable. And I mean 'easily downloadable'. Don't make me go through the source code of the site to find the link of where the file is located, so I can put it into my browser's URL bar, only to have that show up as restricted and I need to use the website's 'app' to listen on the go, and to hell with it, I'm not bothering with it anymore :colbert:

Also, yes, please also include the title, tags, artist name, all that stuff for your tracks. Either through the ID3 meta info, or on the site itself.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I DO want to say that your tubular bells-ified guitar riff is actually my legit-no-foolin' favourite thing about last year's album. I get chills. Not kidding.

And then the voice kicks in.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Sorry about that, fixed (I think)!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

I DO want to say that your tubular bells-ified guitar riff is actually my legit-no-foolin' favourite thing about last year's album. I get chills. Not kidding.

And then the voice kicks in.

hehe noice!

In case anyone else is interested: I did that with a guitar tabbing software. They're a great way to compose midi music, especially if you want to crib a popular song without having to actually sample it. I just downloaded a tab of the Guns N Roses song, deleted the vocal track, and changed the "Lead Guitar" midi channel to "Tubular Bells".

edit: iirc I used MuseScore but any of them should work.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

ty vm

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm waiting for someone to do Trump The Walls or something similar this year.

I'm working on a banging Trump/Farage rap at the moment.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

hehe noice!

In case anyone else is interested: I did that with a guitar tabbing software. They're a great way to compose midi music, especially if you want to crib a popular song without having to actually sample it. I just downloaded a tab of the Guns N Roses song, deleted the vocal track, and changed the "Lead Guitar" midi channel to "Tubular Bells".

edit: iirc I used MuseScore but any of them should work.

Oh... Don't think I didn't hear that bass guitar instrument/soundfont :allears:

Sagan
Jan 26, 2005

Fun Shoe
This is still my all-round favourite from Sickadash.

http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/a-relatively-poke-christmas

Some people go all out on the effort. Looking forward to seeing what this year brings.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
I think I need to see my therapist.
:smith:

Have a small selection of "It's A Wonderful Life" with an apparent carol called "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"

So, yeah, My Track Is Under the Tree.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

xthnru posted:

Have a small selection of "It's A Wonderful Life" with an apparent carol called "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"

yesssss

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

xthnru posted:

Jesus CHRIST it's starting out strong this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

xthnru posted:

Nice. It's basically this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtSbat1Hqbo

• Locked thread