Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Yeah, from what details they've release so far all three shell casings were found inside the shooter's car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Rubellavator posted:

The whole standing over him cold blooded execution thing is bullshit that didn't happen.

THATS NOT WHAT MY FACEBOOK FEED SAYS

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Shooter opened up more holes for McKnight than the 2012 Jets

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Rubellavator posted:

The whole standing over him cold blooded execution thing is bullshit that didn't happen.

actually it is 100% true

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

that they didn't even arrest the murderer is a new one on me. it's not surprising he wasn't charged, but this time he wasn't even arrested?

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

VectorSigma posted:

just like that tng episode code of honor

This post makes me mad; making me remember that racist piece of poo poo. :alexa:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
"So what did you do yesterday Ronald?"

"Ah, not much. Picked up some plywood from Home Depot and then shot and killed a man on the way home. Yeah, the police just let me go afterwards, nbd really."

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

Didn't multiple witnesses say that is what happened?

Also his neighbors all said he's a weirdo.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
lol

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/12/02/joe-mcknight-road-rage-killing-louisiana-ronald-gasser/94843376/

He was arrested for road rage in the past.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Was this all really weird viral marketing for How to Get Away with Murder season 4?

CrzyDTpBoy
Aug 5, 2003

997...998...999......GAMETIME

do u know jenny posted:

quote:

Normand said witnesses observed a "heated verbal exchange" between Gasser and McKnight before the shooting. However, Normand said that one witness account, which indicated Gasser was standing over McKnight when he fired a shot, was factually incorrect and "did not happen."

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Rubellavator posted:

do u know jenny posted:

I heard he didn't even have a gun. He was reading a book. Also hands up don't shoot or something.
Yep, multiple witnesses clear things up nicely.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 3, 2016

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

I heard he didn't even have a gun. He was reading a book. Also hands up don't shoot or something.
Yep, multiple witnesses clear things up nicely.

I wonder if they will call the last man he physically assaulted in a road rage incident at the same intersection as a witness

stump collector
May 28, 2007

quote:

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office issued a release Friday night describing the incident that occurred on Feb. 20, 2006, between Gasser and a 51-year-old white male at the same intersection where McKnight was killed Thursday in Terrytown, La.

“During this incident, the victim/reporting person, identified only as a 51-year-old white male from Marrero, called 911 in Jefferson Parish to report that a male subject was driving a red pick-up truck unsafely on Holiday Drive,” according to the release. “The victim observed a phone number on the truck to call if the vehicle was being operated unsafely. When the victim called the phone number, an individual, later identified as Ronald Gasser, told the victim he was the one driving the red pick-up truck.

haha

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

do u know jenny posted:

Too bad the evidence doesnt match up with lying witnesses

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/12/ronald_gasser_joe_mcknight_sho.html

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

They really need to start prosecuting "witnesses" that blatantly lie. Especially when the result is riots.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Why would someone lie about that though? Isn't it possible he killed him from his car and then stood over his body, and the witness incorrectly remembered?

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 3, 2016

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

do u know jenny posted:

Why would someone lie about that though? Isn't it possible he killed him from his car and then stood over his body, and the witness incorrectly remembered?

Maybe because often times people are intentionally assholes and enjoy stirring things up, and they don't see any consequences from doing so?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

Maybe because often times people are intentionally assholes and enjoy stirring things up, and they don't see any consequences from doing so?

People are willing to risk a charge of filing a false police report just for that?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Some people just enjoy stirring the melting pot

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

do u know jenny posted:

People are willing to risk a charge of filing a false police report just for that?

They're just mad a local b-tier sports star got schooled by a regular joe. It pretty much destroys the illusions people have about athletes being somehow better than us normal people even if they are losers who had it coming.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

do u know jenny posted:

If they don't see others charged previously for that offense? Absolutely.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Judakel posted:

Please riot please riot

lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

These shifty urban witnesses always making poo poo up to start riots. I'm so sick of this thing I imagine must happen because I am a paranoid loon.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

...and the pitch! posted:

These shifty urban witnesses always making poo poo up to start riots. I'm so sick of this thing I imagine must happen because I am a paranoid loon.

I know you're being snarky because you don't have any facts on your side, but it happens regularly. For instance: Obama's DOJ determined that "hands up don't shoot" - the phrase that was the catalyst to the formation of a homegrown terrorist organization - is a complete and utter lie.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/03/16/lesson-learned-from-the-shooting-of-michael-brown/?utm_term=.8e078105f4b9

like, lmao, i thought you "progressives" were against "fake news." can't have it both ways.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

I know you're being snarky because you don't have any facts on your side

After this you didn't say anything about what I said but instead implied that BLM are terrorists.

If I didn't know better I'd think you have no interest in a reasonable discussion.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

do u know jenny posted:

The "witnesses" told their story to the press, not the police. Police wanted the witnesses to come forward to make a report, but no one showed up. Now it turns out the facts don't remotely support the witness accounts. Let's see what happens in court.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com

After this you didn't say anything about what I said but instead implied that BLM are terrorists.

If I didn't know better I'd think you have no interest in a reasonable discussion.

The point is that lies by witnesses are often the catalyst to social unrest, and that this unrest is thus built upon lies. And pointing out this well-documented fact does not make one a "paranoid loon."

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The point is that lies by witnesses are often the catalyst to social unrest, and that this unrest is thus built upon lies. And pointing out this well-documented fact does not make one a "paranoid loon."

How often? Which documents? Which movements?

Are you saying black lives don't matter?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

ya but you still are

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Oh no save us from a west bank riot. What ever shall we do? It'll be the shortest riot in history as they figure out there's nothing worth salvaging over there.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

grellgraxer posted:

The "witnesses" told their story to the press, not the police. Police wanted the witnesses to come forward to make a report, but no one showed up. Now it turns out the facts don't remotely support the witness accounts. Let's see what happens in court.

I think the point here is we won't find out what happened in a court room lol

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com

How often? Which documents? Which movements?

Are you saying black lives don't matter?

So, I've already proven that the the catalyst to BLM was a complete and utter fabrication. Now I'll demonstrate that the premise behind BLM - that blacks are being disproportionately targeted by racist white cops - is an utter lie as well:

1. No racial bias in police shootings, study by Harvard professor shows
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/11/no-racial-bias-police-shootings-study-harvard-prof/

2. The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks, research finds
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/5/police-officers-more-hesitant-to-shoot-black-suspe/

3. Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/

quote:

Adjusted for the homicide rate, whites are 1.7 times more likely than blacks die at the hands of police … Adjusted for the racial disparity at which police are feloniously killed, whites are 1.3 times more likely than blacks to die at the hands of police.”

4. Case Study: New York City

I eagerly await your smug and snarky rebuttal, that is completely devoid of facts and data.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So, I've already proven that the the catalyst to BLM was a complete and utter fabrication. Now I'll demonstrate that the premise behind BLM - that blacks are being disproportionately targeted by racist white cops - is an utter lie as well:

I eagerly await your smug and snarky rebuttal, that is completely devoid of facts and data.

OK so we're off the point of witnesses lying to specifically start riots and on to what you want to talk about.

You're right. I don't have any charts prepared or facts to say. You got me.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com

OK so we're off the point of witnesses lying to specifically start riots and on to what you want to talk about.

You're right. I don't have any charts prepared or facts to say. You got me.

Thank you for admitting that you have been owned by The Rowdy Dog. Chalk up another victory for the Good Guys.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It was everything I ever imagined it could be

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I can't help myself-- every one of those analyses is blind to the fact that the police are interacting with black folk a lot more often. Why?

You may be shocked to find that I think racism is the cause. Historical racism that fostered massive wealth inequality certainly plays a role..

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Nerds posted:

Shooter opened up more holes for McKnight than the 2012 Jets

wow you hit that one for a slam dunk!

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kill yourself you loving white male

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

extremely fake edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFLm5JnVn0Y

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 3, 2016

• Locked thread