Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Ranma Fan Art posted:

im just now realizing I'm spending the Friday night before Christmas talking about Donnie Darko in gbs what a guy I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ranma Fan Art posted:

im just now realizing I'm spending the Friday night before Christmas talking about Donnie Darko in gbs what a guy I am

Most of the people who saw that movie don't realize a lot of the mystery and atmosphere actually came from the fact they wanted to do a weird superhero story and butchered it because they didn't have the resources to put that stuff in the movie.

I saw some of the extras and explanations and it's pretty hilarious given all the pretentious theories people had. I bet most people don't know the main character was supposed to have like, Hulk strength, for example.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

Most of the people who saw that movie don't realize a lot of the mystery and atmosphere actually came from the fact they wanted to do a weird superhero story and butchered it because they didn't have the resources to put that stuff in the movie.

I saw some of the extras and explanations and it's pretty hilarious given all the pretentious theories people had. I bet most people don't know the main character was supposed to have like, Hulk strength, for example.

Not to mention the hulk strength is needless in the plot and is only mentioned in one throwaway line

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Blazing Ownager posted:

I thought it was a story about an awkward teenager who got into a weird situation, then decided to die to save his girlfriend?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I had a near-sexual experience watching Donnie Darko

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I thought it was a story about an awkward teenager who got into a weird situation, then decided to die to save his girlfriend?

there was so so much more that didn't make the cut but I still appreciate the story we ended up getting and at least once a year I teach someone about smurfs and their lack of secondary sex characteristics

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
i remember reading paragraphs dedicated to the finer points of the movie and i dug it at the time, but I can't seem to recall much regarding the specifics.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Ranma Fan Art posted:

there was so so much more that didn't make the cut but I still appreciate the story we ended up getting and at least once a year I teach someone about smurfs and their lack of secondary sex characteristics

but that was the point, right? Donnie had to die

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

but that was the point, right? Donnie had to die

yeah it was very similar to the butterfly effect ending that didn't make the cut where he hung himself in the womb no matter what mistakes he could solve there was always something wrong

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I like that message less now, and is pretty indulgent because everyone would hang themselves in the womb if they knew every bit of suffering they'd ever inflict.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Hardawn posted:

I like that message less now, and is pretty indulgent because everyone would hang themselves in the womb if they knew every bit of suffering they'd ever inflict.

I wouldn't.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hardawn posted:

i got molested but I still wouldn't because man have you played the ps4

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Ranma Fan Art posted:

yeah it was very similar to the butterfly effect ending that didn't make the cut where he hung himself in the womb no matter what mistakes he could solve there was always something wrong

that was the weird thing he followed. It took him back to his bed

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that was the weird thing he followed. It took him back to his bed

yeah it was destiny I think I mean that's my opinion on it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Ranma Fan Art posted:

yeah it was destiny I think I mean that's my opinion on it

thats what I thought too but some bunny named Frank kept telling me to make it more than it was

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

thats what I thought too but some bunny named Frank kept telling me to make it more than it was

yeah I think frank was his guilt

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I wouldn't either but I was mostly speaking from the writer's perspective of writing the story. He grew up in the 70's/80's obviously back before we really just forward on the quality of entertainment, so to him bleakness was the normal cause they couldn't have a second life.

I wouldn't hang myself in the womb either, because what stupid insignificant suffer i inflict upon another is comparatively nothing to the possibilities that are out there. Like being special enough to be chosen by someone and to be touched by them.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Ranma Fan Art posted:

yeah I think frank was his guilt

he absolutely was. frank told him to stop more than once

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he absolutely was. frank told him to stop more than once

man I'm good at this film thing I'm gonna start posting in CD haha just kidding I'm NOT autistic

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Ranma Fan Art posted:

man I'm good at this film thing I'm gonna start posting in CD haha just kidding I'm NOT autistic

In Ghostbuster did Ray really get a blowjob from a ghost or was it just a dream?

20+ years later I still don't know

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

In Ghostbuster did Ray really get a blowjob from a ghost or was it just a dream?

20+ years later I still don't know

i think it was a dream but that is my opinion

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why the gently caress is everyone talking about the gay Furry movie Donnie Darko

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Why the gently caress is everyone talking about the gay Furry movie Donnie Darko

hi I almost always think you have bad opinions but man this really takes the loving cake brother

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Ranma Fan Art posted:

i think it was a dream but that is my opinion

i think it was a dream too, but there were probably some horny ghosts

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

8-Bit Scholar posted:

why are you wearing that stupid human suit

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i think it was a dream too, but there were probably some horny ghosts

if i died I would absolutely still be horney

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Ranma Fan Art posted:

Every Friday night is a Friday night before Christmas idiot

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You can go suck a gently caress

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

You can go suck a gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGdoqsuiN8

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
lmbo off if you still have some strange notion about days having specific meanings, like can you only eat eggs and bacon for breakfast???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Hardawn posted:

lmbo off if you still have some strange notion about days having specific meanings, like can you only eat eggs and bacon for breakfast???

lol if you never had pancakes for dinner!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Just do a quiet, breathy version of a pop song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JZENzBwLHc
I admit, I like this cover of Shout, but it feels like it ramps up to firecrackers when it should be an explosion.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Carmant posted:

Every Friday night is a Friday night before Christmas idiot

Notice how I specifically said the Friday not a Friday whose the idiot now

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I pulled a muscle in my neck head banging to some hair metal at my elementary school dance OP.

The end.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Dave_Indeed posted:

I pulled a muscle in my neck head banging to some hair metal at my elementary school dance OP.

The end.

Dude. You should have joined a sport.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
OP ideas as OP iates.

EugeneJ posted:

That guitar solo near the end is underrated as gently caress

See: all of Goodnight Song

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Ranma Fan Art posted:

Notice how I specifically said the Friday not a Friday whose the idiot now

You cant fix stupid so I wont even respond to this crap.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I played sports in college. Are you trying to gently caress on me? What is this mickey mouse, gotcha game horse poo poo mumpy puffinz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please be my friend!!! I"ll suck your dick!?

• Locked thread