Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
We should experiment more with social and economic models to see which works best, setting up a series of model communities that are communist, fascist, anarcho-capitalist, matriarichal, all-gay etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Maybe the American version of communism would be to just make it so that all the big companies are owned via stocks by ordinary americans instead of big institutions and a handful of capitalists

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Applewhite posted:

We should experiment more with social and economic models to see which works best, setting up a series of model communities that are communist, fascist, anarcho-capitalist, matriarichal, all-gay etc...

I agree, prepare the vaults!

Real talk though, I think a benevolent philosopher king is the way to go.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
There should be tax breaks that encourage companies to organize as employee-owned companies

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Maybe the American version of communism would be to just make it so that all the big companies are owned via stocks by ordinary americans instead of big institutions and a handful of capitalists

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are radical as gently caress. So were the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and whatever the series was right after the movie.

I don't watch trailers really so I have no opinion on whether the upcoming Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie will be radical.

E: Sonic was radical in the 90s and some may argue had a brief resurgence of radical in the Dreamcast era, however this case study proves that radical attitude, or "raditude", can and does evaporate over time.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
There should be no tax incentives for mergers and acquisitions

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Bateman V Superman was an entertaining film.

Oh poo poo RADICAL opinions, ummm Trump should try an do an Ollie but he should eat poo poo and break his hip

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

food court bailiff posted:

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are radical as gently caress. So were the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and whatever the series was right after the movie.

I don't watch trailers really so I have no opinion on whether the upcoming Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie will be radical.

it will be bad

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Thank you, friend. This is why I don't watch trailers outside of an actual movie theater, if a movie looks sweet or awful I'll hear about it from friends or cultural osmosis, I'm sure as hell not going to things on opening night.

That was a radical post you made, informing me of how bad this movie looks.

tickape
Jan 21, 2017
tickape gonna get real

heres a list

FEMINISM:
-my views of feminism are basically everything here, here, here, here (this one is good for a quick read. i apologize that its a tumblr)
-NOT a libfem. gently caress libfems. individual empowerment is dumb, what we need is widespread analysis and action

RACISM:
-i support the black panthers, malcolm x is one of my favorite historical figures
-i support black lives matter
-anti-police brutality
-pro black-empowerment
-this book shaped most of my views. yall should read it, it's eye-opening

POLITICAL AFFILIATION:
-strong democrat (support abortion/planned parenthood, social welfare, lgbtq+ rights, believe we should focus on climate change, etc)
-i supported bernie sanders, when he lost i voted for hillary clinton
-anti-trump, i support the rallies and protests going on right now
-i absolutely believe barack obama was the best president we've ever had
-im a cultural muslim and first generation pakistani-american, 100% support immigrants and refugees
-i do not support isis
-pro-palestine. hate zionism

RELIGION
-strong atheist although i think religion can be a great outlet for many people
-i have no issue with people practicing it, in fact i admire it
-i draw the line when it becomes harmful to other people
-not a bitter preachy atheist, very reserved and to myself
-know plenty about christianity and islam, consider all three abrahamic religions to be very similar
-differences in the religions reside in the different economic states and allowance of reformation depending on the region and law (aka: the west is reformed because christianity had no law against reformation and reformation only occurs with financial prosperity, islam didnt reform because a majority of islamic countries either 1) emphasize the anti-reformation law or 2) do not have the economy to make room for social reformation)
-i hope for islam to reform. most western muslims have already reformed subconsciously, for instance, me and my family

i'll probably regret taking this thread seriously but i just felt like doin it tbh, it seemed like a fun thing to do

tickape fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 22, 2017

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

We should expand the death penalty to include at least: 1st degree murder, pedophilia, human trafficking, drug trafficking , everything on this list, rape, and terrorism if the cases pass a certain threshold of proof. The sentences should also be carried out within a week.

If they don't pass the threshold (You murdered a crowd of people, left your cum all over a dead body, you had a bomb workshop in your attic, etc) you get a sentence in a labor camp and have a chance to appeal

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I hope you wrote all that down. That's a lot to remember

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
kill whitey

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
White people need to calm down.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Digital Fingers posted:

We should expand the death penalty to include at least: 1st degree murder, pedophilia, human trafficking, drug trafficking , everything on this list, rape, and terrorism if the cases pass a certain threshold of proof. The sentences should also be carried out within a week.

If they don't pass the threshold (You murdered a crowd of people, left your cum all over a dead body, you had a bomb workshop in your attic, etc) you get a sentence in a labor camp and have a chance to appeal

Instead of killing people, we should just ship them off to one of those empty Russian gulags. It's probably waay cheaper to house them there plus it's not like they can escape

I'm not morally opposed to the death penalty, i just want whatever is cheapest

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Instead of killing people, we should just ship them off to one of those empty Russian gulags. It's probably waay cheaper to house them there plus it's not like they can escape

I think it's cheaper just to kill them with a bullet and bulldoze them into a ditch actually, but idk. It's your opinion and I respect it!

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

im gay

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

I think trump might not be an actual nazi

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i'm radically gay

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I think Israel... is.... good.. ish

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Zorodius posted:

I don't actually know Che's politics

Not trusting uppity Africans to carry arms in the revolution

They're not empty anymore :smugputin:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Digital Fingers posted:

I think Israel... is.... good.. ish

I think it makes no sense that we are such a strong ally to Israel. I'm not saying we should be enemies, but the strength of our alliance doesn't make sense to me. How would we be worse off if we cut ties off with such a small country?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think it makes no sense that we are such a strong ally to Israel. I'm not saying we should be enemies, but the strength of our alliance doesn't make sense to me. How would we be worse off if we cut ties off with such a small country?

I don't think we should cut off ties but I do agree that it's weird how invested we are in them (Think it has a lot to do with christian identity but also a lot to do with geopolitcal stuff where we're scared about isreal falling and them shooting nukes everywhere at the end, idk really). We should defs keep selling them weapons though. imo.

Also related to the nazi punching thread but i'm not in the mood to argue so i'll post it here:

Punching Nazis is cool, punching Antifa is cool but the government should be the ones doing the punching :colbert:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Shrek 2 was better than Shrek 1.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bernie Sanders would have won and is a great guy

Bernie Sanders would have also got smoked.

Not using your turn signal should be the death penalty.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Modern country music is better than the classic stuff.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
No human being needs more than $500,000 USD, and all corporate savings sitting in banks should be forcefully redistributed.

Any CEO caught cheating the working class should be shot on sight.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
We should have let the airlines fail instead of bailing them out. All the aircraft, infrastructure and expertise wouldn't just evaporate. They would re-form as companies with smaller overhead and greater motivation to provide superior customer service.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I think all transportation should be nationalized!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a sick 360 kickflip to melon grab

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Modern country music is better than the classic stuff.

After taking a 7-8 hour trip both ways listening to nothing but my uncle's 50s country, I can safely say you are wrong, but that's the point of this thread I guess.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Applewhite posted:

We should have let the airlines fail instead of bailing them out. All the aircraft, infrastructure and expertise wouldn't just evaporate. They would re-form as companies with smaller overhead and greater motivation to provide superior customer service.

No company present or future will prioritize customer service unless it is more profitable than not doing it. People need to fly, they will do it whether they are crammed in like a sardine or treated like a king. There is no financial incentive to make flying more pleasant so we are going to continue seeing new planes cramming the most people possible into the most minimally comfortable seats they can find.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
forceful redistribution of wealth is p. chill

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.

WatermelonGun posted:

forceful redistribution of wealth is p. chill

Alright. Empty your pockets.
I want half of everything that's in there.

Well, maybe not everything.
You can keep the expired condom.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
I helped campaign for Obama and I was a die-hard Bernie supporter. When he backed Hillary Clinton, I couldn’t get behind it.

Both my parents are engineers. My mom was an engineer long before many women in the field. When the economy started faltering, she went from a very high position at Pratt & Whitney to being unemployed for a year, and that was heartbreaking. I think that Trump really cares about having high-skilled jobs back here, not necessarily the service industry.

Do I think Trump’s trying to send women back to the kitchen? No, his daughter is a great example. She ran the women-who-work campaign long before he ran for president.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i think the past was better than the present, and the present will almost definitely be better than the future

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

extra stout posted:

i think the past was better than the present, and the present will almost definitely be better than the future

there wont be any humans left alive on the planet pretty soon and that will almost certainly be better than now

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Things I wish the US had:

An actual progressive tax system that accounted for those making over $1mil a year (50% tax bracket?)
Universal health care
Mandatory parenting classes so new parents learn how to deal with kids as opposed to turning them into shitheels
Removal of all religious related elements in the public sphere (if you want to worship, do it in private)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
I stand with Israel

• Locked thread