Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
now that i have been hired at interpol i find their lact of representation in movies reallya nnoying :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Girls are funny, get over it.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
How about a remake of the Money Pit. That was a pretty good movie.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Slender.............woman

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Call me when they do the warriors.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Over There posted:

Girls are funny, get over it.

Intentionally though?

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Dude movies are pretty badass so I don't blame the ladies for wanting a piece of the action. I'm trying to imagine a remake of sisterhood of traveling pants where a bunch of bros pass down a stinking, cum stained pair of sweatpants with the elastic all worn out and it just doesn't hit the same notes.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
The Expendabelles should be pretty fuckin awesome honestly.

Like Kill Bill but without the presumption of it being art

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

gottabefrank posted:

Dude movies are pretty badass so I don't blame the ladies for wanting a piece of the action. I'm trying to imagine a remake of sisterhood of traveling pants where a bunch of bros pass down a stinking, cum stained pair of sweatpants with the elastic all worn out and it just doesn't hit the same notes.

Lmao

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Scary Movie 2 with an all female cast

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

gottabefrank posted:

the brotherhood of the traveling sock

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Priscilla, King of the Desert

naem
May 29, 2011

Any movie can be good, with a remake it needs to be a real passion project where everyone involved is a huge fan of the original and you need a cast with dynamite chemistry.

Like ghostbusters was "bill Murray and friends are wacky pals also ghosts." You can't force that kind of magic.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Dear Movie Execs that OP was talking at, Remake Heat, but with a female cast, please. I would watch the poo poo out of that.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I thought Ghostbusters was "Dan Akroyd is a crazy person so lets make this into a comedy instead."

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

Dear Movie Execs that OP was talking at, Remake Heat, but with a female cast, please. I would watch the poo poo out of that.

Could call it Ladies in Heat.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Ghostbusters '16 was so bad I threw a beer bottle at my TV and broke my TV and now I don't have a TV anymore

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Austin Powers but a girl

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i think that all female cast movie remakes are a great idea and certainly are typically funnier than the originals, im really hoping that they branch out into gender fluid casts it's a bit sexist that xhe or xir can't be in a movie but whatever, progress as they say

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Girls Don't Cry

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

gottabefrank posted:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jill and Jack.

Melissa McCarthy plays Jill, an ad executive that has a love/hate relationship with her brother Jack (also played by McCarthy) who just happens to come and visit as she is trying to land Meryl Streep for her latest campaign. Hilarity ensues.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Die Hard: With a Vagina

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
All female remake of session 9 could work?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I'd watch an all-female remake of Porky's.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
The Descent is a great movie with an all female cast that makes it great.

An all female remake of Thing would be swell. Maybe you could do a modern twist where their cycles have all synced and the only way to tell who is human is to see who is menstruating. The wild card is the trans helicopter pilot with the beard ( Ugh, I can seriously imagine an 'edgy' writer actually doing that)

Or maybe even all female version of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest or GlenGarry Glen Ross, that would be great if written the right way.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Saving Private Lakynn

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Saving Private Lakynn Rihanna

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Cry Hard

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The Pink Panthress

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If they made an all female Expendables and got Cynthia Rothrock in the Stallone role I would see it about 30 times

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
my name is cait

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

What about Reservoir Dogs but they are actually really dogs????

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Lonos Oboe posted:

Or maybe even all female version of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest or GlenGarry Glen Ross, that would be great if written the right way.

That was pretty much 'Girl, Interrupted', wasn't it?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Remake Best of the Best shot for shot but with fit women.

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009
New Ghostbusters was so incredibly bad, but the ladies had nothing to do with that.

Wife told me they are making an all ladies Oceans 8, but the cast seems good so IDK.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
It wasn't that bad, it just wasn't Ghostbusters. Paul Feig ruined it with impressively awful PR and advertising.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

It'd be cool if they remade Sex & The City but with women

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I'm guessing the new ghostbusters movie is bad, because comedy movies are generally bad.

Every studio producing a comedy movie: Oh okay we had some jokes but now the first 40 minutes is over, time to try and engage in the ham-fisted story that no one is invested in and a big goofy setpiece ending that will make our audience let out a resounding "heh" as they nod out during the cliched ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i dont care if movies have women or men it just matters if its good holy gently caress i hate anybody who baits with this poo poo. no ghostbusters isnt bad because of "overreaching feminism" or whatever thef uck its bad because its a BAD MOVIE. If a remake that flips genders for lulz is actually GOOD then nobody willl give a gently caress (at least nobody who matters ;)) if the cast got a dick or pussy

• Locked thread