Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Blue Raider posted:

cause guns own and austrailia dont like em

thats a good thing because im as mad as a man can ever be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

cause guns own and austrailia dont like em

Australians love guns but they love trolling more, so they prefer to troll Americans about guns

Now I have shown you the secret inside the secret

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

Hard to say a lot of those wars were intra Italy so maybe it was just a lot of hammerblows and awkward wrestling and hooting in Genoa or whatever

You know what

That's a great point

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

The action reminded me of Jackie Chan movies with how badass and hilarious they were at the same time.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*One guy runs out onto the battle field of Cannae holding a baseball bat over his head in the middle in one hand like a retarded child

*All the Italians hoot and run away

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Australians love guns but they love trolling more, so they prefer to troll Americans about guns

Now I have shown you the secret inside the secret

gently caress

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

UnfurledSails posted:

The action reminded me of Jackie Chan movies with how badass and hilarious they were at the same time.

I had a sensible chuckle at the scene where Common and Keanu are in that crowded shopping mall or whatever trying to pop off stealth shots at each other Good scene.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
John Wick 2 is a really good movie. Not only does he shoot people in the head, but the people behind the camera know how to shoot a movie. It's not quick cuts and shaky cam being used to hide the fact that we have a terrible director or bad fight choreography. The camera is placed back, and we can see the action clearly. I don't know why this seems like a really fresh take on action movies, when it should be the default way to shoot them.

Franco Nero plays Italian Ian McShane, always love seeing him in movies.

Wick also killed dudes with a pencil, so there's that.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Am I the only one who thought the first one was contrived and bad? I really wanted to like it, maybe my expectations were too high though.

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

Attempted to see it today. I got there early, found an ideal seat. About 5 minutes before the previews started a couple of real spastic nerds came in and sat right in my row, only one seat away from me. Mind you, the theater was about 85% empty, so they could've sat anywhere, but chose instead to be microaggressive and seat right on top of me. So, I'm already annoyed.

Preview starts, and the spastic nerd sitting closest to me is eating his popcorn in a very annoying way. Munching and slurping loudly, wiping his face and greasy hands in an exaggerated jerking, frantic manner. Now I'm really starting to get annoyed. The movie starts and the same guy starts grunting in a very affected way at any bit of dialogue with even the slightest bit of humor. Every 10 seconds or so, it's these loud grunts. I start sighing loudly every time he grunts, looking up at the ceiling and rubbing my face with my hands. I'm fuming.

About 25 minutes into the movie, and I can't take it anymore. He's ruining the movie for me. Then, out of nowhere, he reaches over and starts touching my jacket, which I placed on the single seat between us, with his greasy disgusting fingers. I look over at him and say "what are you doing?" He replies, in your typical spastic nerd high-pitch nasally nu-male voice, "Oh, is that your jacket." I reply "You gotta be loving kidding me," stand up, take my jacket, and walk out.

Whelp, those are my John Wick 2 impressions.

He was using your jacket as a napkin. If you aren't the type to punch him in the face, then tell the manager and you'll get him removed and probably free tickets for next time.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

PassTheRemote posted:

holy gently caress, this is perfect

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i'm actually excited for a sequel for once

also, larry fishburne couldn't have gone any bigger with his performance

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'll watch it when it gets on VHS OP

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Kuato posted:

I'll watch it when it gets on VHS OP

they dont make those anymore girlbrains

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Shaquin posted:

they dont make those anymore girlbrains

Wha?????? :aaaaa:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

china bot posted:

i'm actually excited for a sequel for once

also, larry fishburne couldn't have gone any bigger with his performance

Couldn't have gotten any bigger either.

Dudes a blimp.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I'm gonna watch golf balls on VHS cause it's stuck in my VHS tape deck tv combo

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

woah iron prince got their name back. cool

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

best action movie of 2017, and it's february

movie owns, go see it

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Tom Gorman posted:

best action movie of 2017, and it's february

movie owns, go see it

:yeah:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It was pretty drat great.

I want more

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
chapter 3 coming soon.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
are there any cool songs like the nightclub massacre song. also how many dogs are killed.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mr. Unlucky posted:

also i know its more realistic but it's funny how he holds his gun like a dork

I was gonna say that you hold your dork kinda weird, but then I figured it out.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Ork of Fiction posted:

I was gonna say that you hold your dork kinda weird, but then I figured it out.

jeeze, does anyone read op's anymore? :rolleyes:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Blue Raider posted:

the best thing about john wick as a character is he is so mad, as mad as a man can ever be

Next time someone says "u mad?" to me on a post, I'm gonna think of John Wick and say, "yeah"

Iron Prince posted:

jeeze, does anyone read op's anymore? :rolleyes:

So you do a double cup maneuver on your schlanger??:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Ork of Fiction posted:

So you do a double cup maneuver on your schlanger??:

yeah, absolutely.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Well, I'll be...

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Its very good. People Keanu Reeves continues to murder more people in brutal ways while keeping it fresh.

The one that stuck out to me the most was when he was pinning a guy down with a shotgun so he could load a round and blow him away. That and firing indiscriminately into the fountain with civilians in the background.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

PassTheRemote posted:

John Wick 2 is a really good movie. Not only does he shoot people in the head, but the people behind the camera know how to shoot a movie. It's not quick cuts and shaky cam being used to hide the fact that we have a terrible director or bad fight choreography. The camera is placed back, and we can see the action clearly. I don't know why this seems like a really fresh take on action movies, when it should be the default way to shoot them.

Wick also killed dudes with a pencil, so there's that.

Yeah, the entire audience audibly winced when he did that. The violence was pretty constant and typical throughout, but that move and the knife-to-the-groin both got noticeable crowd reactions.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

e: wrong thread

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

No that seems about right.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
10 years ago if you would have told me the two best action movie stars we would have are keanu reeves and tom cruise, i wouldn't believe you. but here we are.

also i think both of them work harder than arnie and stallone ever did

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Kaincypher posted:

Yeah, the entire audience audibly winced when he did that. The violence was pretty constant and typical throughout, but that move and the knife-to-the-groin both got noticeable crowd reactions.

that's a legit kill move too; I was actually waiting for the blood to spurt out more but I guess that's one of the rare things where making it realistic would have been too much.

I enjoyed the movie a lot!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
John Wick isn't on Aus Netflix. This is bullshit

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I want JW3 to include another nightclub scene with Clubbed To Death playing.

Better yet if it is a battle between him and Neo.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The camerawork of the first one was awesome.

What still sticks out:

When Wick is chasing the son through the nightclub dancefloor. The camera is super shaky and chaotic when its focusing on the son shoving his way through the crowd. When it cuts to Wick the camera is rock steady and he weaves through the people.

I love how the whole movie was "these fuckers have 0 chance and they know it too." Most action movies have the villains horribly underestimating the hero. This is the opposite.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I like how Wick knows that a 6'6" wrestler is capable of breaking him like a twig and just shoots them as soon as he gets the chance.

In Wick 2 I liked the beginning scene with him maiming the hell out of dudes at the taxi shop. I cringed when he shot the knees and shins of the big guy.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 12, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He got hit by a poo poo ton of cars in this movie.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The camerawork of the first one was awesome.

What still sticks out:

When Wick is chasing the son through the nightclub dancefloor. The camera is super shaky and chaotic when its focusing on the son shoving his way through the crowd. When it cuts to Wick the camera is rock steady and he weaves through the people.

I love how the whole movie was "these fuckers have 0 chance and they know it too." Most action movies have the villains horribly underestimating the hero. This is the opposite.

john wick is actually a slasher movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I am planning on seeing the movie John Wick 2 this afternoon.

• Locked thread