Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
CIA release the piss tape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A military junta taking over the US and having people tortured on the Super Bowl stadium would be strangely poetic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*while being thrown into the Atlantic ocean from a helicopter* oh heavens think of the damage this did to americas institutions, only some of which are designed to preserve slavery in perpetuity

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Plutonis posted:

A military junta taking over the US and having people tortured on the Super Bowl stadium would be strangely poetic.

i cant believe how presidential the joint chiefs of staff looked when they were doing the golfclap while a parade of olive and beige missiles rolled around in the stadium

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
hahaha heckin yeah, lemme just tell my handlers *leans into Samsung smart TV* gently caress the prasidnet, smoke trees b1tch

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
Similarly to what others have said if we're going this way a bottom up revolution, even should it result in some kind of Soviet dystopia, would be a better direction than having the IC launch an internal coup against the state. The CIA/etc. ousting Trump wouldn't actually change anything, it would just put a more presentable rear end in a top hat into the office and would likely leave untouched most of the lower institutions and practices which lead us to this situation in the first place. It would also almost certainly disarm the Lefts resurgent vitality (and likely the state would then take steps to further uh... "disperse" leftist sentiment.)

Also, Trumps admin is an incompetent tire fire; replacing them with a competent tire fire would be a loss.

So no.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
I mean, the US is a third world country at this point for most of us. It's about time the CIA started treating it like one.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lmao

You're one of the dumbest, smuggest retards I've ever encountered.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
I know people here are like, really really stupid, even for Americans, but surely if you rub a couple brain cells together for long enough you can eventually realize that living under a military junta would be a lot worse than what you have now.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Thug Lessons posted:

I know people here are like, really really stupid, even for Americans, but surely if you rub a couple brain cells together for long enough you can eventually realize that living under a military junta would be a lot worse than what you have now.

not if you already work for the military junta :smug:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Thug Lessons posted:

In the elaborate future hellscape I have imagined, I may have to prove I am who I claim to be before I can vote. To prevent this fascism, we should be ruled with an iron fist by the brokedick Langley Mormons who watch me through my television set like in a schizophrenic's delusion

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

No. I oppose CIA coups.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What is Google? A system? A place?

Believe, citizens

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Thug Lessons posted:

I want whatever brain disease the posters here have that makes them incapable of comprehending basic facts

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Late 30s IT guy who hallucinates menacing soviet phantoms in the corners of his eyes: "We need to stop this right wing wave by...installing a military dictatorship. My brain is normal"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hi there I identify as a leftist, lemme tell you about our staunch allies the CIA

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Plutonis posted:

*while being thrown into the Atlantic ocean from a helicopter* oh heavens think of the damage this did to americas institutions, only some of which are designed to preserve slavery in perpetuity

*while being thrown into the Pacific ocean from a helicopter* nooooooooooooo hashtag i'm with Her r r r r!! (((<-- the r's get smaller as i fall into the ocean from a great height, probably to my death)))

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yes because it would probably own to watch from the comfort of my home.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

paranoid revenge fantasies notwithstanding, a CIA backed coup can manifest in plenty of different ways; it doesn't have to be a military junta. the CIA could "coup" tangerine pissbaby the same way that they staged a "coup" on JFK and it would be a lot less hassle for everyone involved. the CIA has no meaningful way to actually wage a traditional military coup in the continental US, the outcome of which would then be completely accepted by not only the federal govt but also all 50 state govts and county govts and city govts etc. it's not worth the hassle nor in their best interest.

but they could certainly place another veteran with PTSD and a tenuous grip on reality in a room with a high powered rifle and an unobstructed view of the POTUS parade route.

edit: assuming they can get the illuminati and the cosa nostra and the freemasons to all collaborate for one last hurrah

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Late 30s IT guy who hallucinates menacing soviet phantoms in the corners of his eyes: "We need to stop this right wing wave by...installing a military dictatorship. My brain is normal"

'the cia is on the verge of a military takeover' - extremely normal-brained man

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

leftists across the world rally to support rightfully elected president trump after cia publishes piss tape

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
unless trump gets removed via the established legal methods that allow it, we're done as a democracy, and that's regardless of whether there's a cia coup, or bannon dismantles the federal government, or trump just sits out his term having tweetfights and doing nothing

the US government falling wouldn't be the end of an empire, it would be the end of a republic, and an empire might follow or another republic might arise, but there would be decades of civil war and unrest before order was restored, and this is a particularly bad part of the human population graph, co2 curve, and nuclear weapons per city chart to introduce that kind of instability

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fallen Hamprince posted:

leftists across the world rally to support rightfully elected president trump after cia publishes piss tape

If the cia releases the piss tape i'll let them do whatever they want in dc, as long as they leave the Weed coast alone.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
#PenceForAmericaNow

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Montasque posted:

Many on the far-right believe that elements of the CIA are plotting the overthrow of Donald J Trump by creating an "American Spring" this summer. George Soros is also reportedly involved.

Are you a Bad enough dude to overthrow the President?

Or...

Would a CIA coup destroy American democracy?

Hell yeah I would, you think conspiracy nutters are crazy now, just imagine how crazy they'll be when their conspiracy theories are confirmed just a little

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Duscat posted:

unless trump gets removed via the established legal methods that allow it, we're done as a democracy, and that's regardless of whether there's a cia coup, or bannon dismantles the federal government, or trump just sits out his term having tweetfights and doing nothing

the US government falling wouldn't be the end of an empire, it would be the end of a republic, and an empire might follow or another republic might arise, but there would be decades of civil war and unrest before order was restored, and this is a particularly bad part of the human population graph, co2 curve, and nuclear weapons per city chart to introduce that kind of instability
I don't know why they wouldn't use established, legal methods if they actually wanted to do it. At some point, Trump's gonna do something that, if it saw the light of day and was supported with hard evidence, it would leave Republicans no choice but to start impeachment proceedings and someone high up in the intelligence community's gonna have that hard evidence.

Someone does Deep Throat 2.0 and gets it out there, investigation kicks into high gear, and you've got President Pence (*shudder*) before too long. Pence seems like the kind of guy who'd be happy to give the intelligence community free reign, so it's not like they need to take out the whole drat government, the next guy in line is probably OK by them.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

rudatron posted:

The paranoid fantasies of the alt right simply express their belief that soros/sjw/jews control everything, and not the liberty loving right wing Moral Minority, and that's why America is poo poo.

The more inconvenient truth is that America is poo poo precisely because right wing idiots and fascist sympathizers, have been implementing their policies in America unopposed, for the last couple of decades. Yet this has, strangely, only lead America into being a kleptocratic dystopian hellhole. Just like leftists said it would.

So you see the alt-right's problem - they either have to admit leftists were right, and that right wing economic policy is corporate feudalism that leads to suffering and death, that makes the rich richer and kills the poor, while destroying the environment and society, that capitalism is death and that the communists were right

or, they have to create a fantasy world were the not-decimated american left runs everything, including the very organizations that brutally repressed left wing political groups in America and across the world.

So, naturally, they live in the fantasy world.

its peonage my dude, peasants owned land and the means of production

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

rudatron posted:

The paranoid fantasies of the alt right simply express their belief that soros/sjw/jews control everything, and not the liberty loving right wing Moral Minority, and that's why America is poo poo.

The more inconvenient truth is that America is poo poo precisely because right wing idiots and fascist sympathizers, have been implementing their policies in America unopposed, for the last couple of decades. Yet this has, strangely, only lead America into being a kleptocratic dystopian hellhole. Just like leftists said it would.

So you see the alt-right's problem - they either have to admit leftists were right, and that right wing economic policy is corporate feudalism that leads to suffering and death, that makes the rich richer and kills the poor, while destroying the environment and society, that capitalism is death and that the communists were right

or, they have to create a fantasy world were the not-decimated american left runs everything, including the very organizations that brutally repressed left wing political groups in America and across the world.

So, naturally, they live in the fantasy world.

where have you been all my life?
keep posting like this, as i'm enamored of it

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

where have you been all my life?
keep posting like this, as i'm enamored of it

How Rude! hon for real you never seenthis crazy robot before??

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I have a Samsung tv in my room, so the CIA probably hears my lonely sniffles as I cry myself to sleep every night

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
so can everyone else in the neighborhood, please get some sound-proofing or something

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm glad you enjoyed my posting, senator lindsey graham

remember to subscribe, like, follow, donate, patreon, send feedback (positive only), turn off your adblocker & install this malware

i don't know why you should do any of that, tbh, but, you know, keep it in mind

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
Who's yall's favorite CIA sponsored dictator? I kind of like the OG Carlos Castillo Armas. As the son of slaveowners he was badass at putting filthy poorer in their place and ensuring that his country would remain a US vassal state for generations to come.

But that's a boring old classic. I'm sure there's some newer hits.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
no op

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Military dictatorships aren't exactly beacons of leftism and human rights OP

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

How Rude! hon for real you never seenthis crazy robot before??

lol!!

don't worry hun, you and horchata are still my favorites
just social butterflyin' is all

you know you're the only one for me :wink:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Support it IDK but one thing's for drat sure i would howl my fucken balls off laughing forever if it did happen. my god.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

crazy cloud posted:

Support it IDK but one thing's for drat sure i would howl my fucken balls off laughing forever if it did happen. my god.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Montasque posted:

I like the Smithsonian system of museums.

• Locked thread