Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I.C. posted:

Who graduates in April? What kinda school did you go to, OP?

Hooding ceremony in April, commencement in May. But I'm not going to that poo poo because I'll be out of town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Iron Prince posted:

gently caress you you piece of ahit

ur tax dollars pay for my school. I survived a war after all

Uhh? Am I supposed to be mad about that? Im glad my tax dollars supported someones education.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

NomChompsky posted:

Hooding ceremony in April, commencement in May. But I'm not going to that poo poo because I'll be out of town.

gently caress YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

NomChompsky posted:

Can't even go to your own ceremony. What the gently caress

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Iron Prince posted:

Can't even go to your own ceremony. What the gently caress

man the (ironic?) salt is strong with this one.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

lorn Wayne posted:

man the (ironic?) salt is strong with this one.

IT AINT NO SALT ITS A GODDAM CRITIQUE ON THE AMERICAN EDUCATION SYSTEM

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
This thread is unnecessarily hostile and it scares me a little bit.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Also the field I studied is international relations, which I was told an MA is p much necessary since BA's only ever get to the dirt work bullshit at the federal or any other level of employment. Still think I'm gonna die.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Bareback Werewolf posted:

This thread is unnecessarily hostile and it scares me a little bit.

SUCK THE poo poo OUT OF MY rear end in a top hat

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

NomChompsky posted:

Also the field I studied is international relations, which I was told an MA is p much necessary since BA's only ever get to the dirt work bullshit at the federal or any other level of employment. Still think I'm gonna die.

You aren't going to be the next Dr Kissinger without a doctorate

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

NomChompsky posted:

no you've achieved immortality now, enjoy.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Iron Prince posted:

no one uses a goddamn gently caress you humble bragging piece of poo poo! Use your fancy rear end "book learning" to go get a job and act like your life matters.

this is what i want. :(

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

NomChompsky posted:

oh lol that's what I'm going to school for. No poo poo. I'll be graduating with a BA in international relations w/ a minor in Chinese Studies next year

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Iron Prince posted:

:sidvicious:

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

lorn Wayne posted:

no you've achieved immortality now, enjoy.

Why do I get the feeling i've made some kinda monkey's paw deal

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
sorry for the hostility lol

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
u still suck tho... pm me

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Iron Prince posted:

oh lol that's what I'm going to school for. No poo poo. I'll be graduating with a BA in international relations w/ a minor in Chinese Studies next year

i feel like you're lying to me to lure me into a trap!! But if not then that's cool dawg let's shoot the poo poo about international politics sometime :buddy:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Honestly, my critique of the American education system is that we don't seem to actually value education much. Employers just expect everyone to have a degree now, but that poo poo is hard, it's expensive, and not accessible to a large amount of people :/

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

remigious posted:

Honestly, my critique of the American education system is that we don't seem to actually value education much. Employers just expect everyone to have a degree now, but that poo poo is hard, it's expensive, and not accessible to a large amount of people :/

This is true I have privilege. I am bad. Do not think this thread makes me think I am good, nor any of the other stuff.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

International relations sounds like a good thing to know about. Vague but good.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

NomChompsky posted:

Nice, I finish up my BA in a few weeks and then its off to get my MA when the summer ends. I am going die. I am in the same boat though, BA's in my field get kinda poo poo work (but still kinda fun work) but MA's and PHDs get the juicy stuff.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Also to the people who think I have a PhD now, not yet. I want to try to do something else before I make a hard decision to go for that, which I have been told is a good idea by other PSCI/IR professors who hate their lives.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

NomChompsky posted:

This is true I have privilege. I am bad. Do not think this thread makes me think I am good, nor any of the other stuff.

Don't sell yourself short. You have a doctorate, you're better than 99% of this country.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

NomChompsky posted:

You quite literally are going to be a barista, god drat dude.

Iron Prince posted:

And you are going to be a really angry barista who intentionally burns my espresso drink :mad:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

NomChompsky posted:

Also to the people who think I have a PhD now, not yet. I want to try to do something else before I make a hard decision to go for that, which I have been told is a good idea by other PSCI/IR professors who hate their lives.

maybe push the nuclear war agenda, it's taking too long now.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Jokes aside, congrats, gl, gg, etc. :)

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

gimmie a top 5 list of hot political tips mr fancy pants

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Iron Prince posted:

:yeah:

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pawn 17 posted:

Jokes aside, congrats, gl, gg, etc. :)

Thank you, Pawn number 17.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Kyle Hyde posted:

gimmie a top 5 list of hot political tips mr fancy pants

Throw yourself into the sea. There are no politics in the sea.

(There are. And they are horrible).

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wish I had gone with engineering

All the engineers I've met have been dummies or dorks but they make good money barely working all day

I make good money barely working all day also, but could probably make more being an engineer looking at schematics or whatev

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I wish I had gone with engineering

All the engineers I've met have been dummies or dorks but they make good money barely working all day

I make good money barely working all day also, but could probably make more being an engineer looking at schematics or whatev

My awesome state-level funded grad school internship (which is paid!!!) is in archiving. If you'd asked me when I started if I'd like to continue doing archival work I'd have told you to go gently caress yourself but honestly archival work is hilariously easy and really cool.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
How many genders are there now and did you study all of them?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

NomChompsky posted:

NomChompsky. International relations.

I like the cut of your jib.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

NomChompsky posted:

Throw yourself into the sea. There are no politics in the sea.

(There are. And they are horrible).

wait tell me about fish politics

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

extra stout posted:

How many genders are there now and did you study all of them?

I don't care how many there are and no! I'm also white! gently caress you!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So where are you gonna sleep now that your parents have converted your old room into a home office, OP?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I'm taking a political science course this semester. The professor is really cool and his tests are really easy. Become a cool political science teacher OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Kyle Hyde posted:

wait tell me about fish politics

The Japanese are not following ANY OF THE RULES and they're killing the sharks. Even the Nurse Sharks, the lowliest of the sharks.

• Locked thread