Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should have been the outcome?
OP was rude and committed a serious faux pas!
OP was right and was honorabu, a true socialite
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah this is what I want to know. I refuse to believe a jastiger thread exists that isn't about the south in some way.

this wouldnt have happened in the good ol south

or wait would it have, I forget jastigers gimmick about the south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Cyks posted:

Who the hell leaves their purses unattended or out of eye sight long enough for a bunch of people to take over your table without noticing.

People from Iowa have no street smarts. Shocker.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sever

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

SHISHKABOB posted:

this wouldnt have happened in the good ol south

or wait would it have, I forget jastigers gimmick about the south.

If it was Jastiger's idea of the South, they would be wearing MAGA hats and reminiscing about the days of slavery while he brutally owns them by saying Sherman didn't kill enough of them and was also history's greatest hero, and also that they should be stripped of their citizenship.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Whenever I'm reserving a table I make sure to leave my smartphone, wallet, and house keys on the table, just so people know that this is my seat

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this thread is bringing back very old memories. i remember having this argument in the 2nd grade. at the end of recess everyone was to line up to go back inside and be counted. being at the front of the line was preferable because it meant you where first to have access to some snack foods? i dont remember clearly. but the issue was, kids would leave there backpack in the line and assume that it would "hold" their space. They would go off an play in the smug satisfaction that they could return to the front of the line at their leisure.

i kicked their bag out of the way on stood in the front of the line :twisted:

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
You were wrong to threaten to kick his rear end. This was an insult to your honor that can only be resolved by pistols at dawn.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
you freely admit there were plenty of tables yet you decided to ruin your own evening by arguing with someone over one of the tables

good job goon

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

OP...drives a big pickup truck

Man, I had deep respect for jagister cause hating on southern terrorists is extremely my poo poo but drat...smh

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

little munchkin posted:

you freely admit there were plenty of tables yet you decided to ruin your own evening by arguing with someone over one of the tables

good job goon

should have grabbed your stuff, and in the process awkwardly knocked over a bunch of the table stealers drinks onto them. "oops sorry man! just grabbing my stuff and you are in the way"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The other party were assholes, but that's no (legal) excuse for starting violence. Better to have your party move all the other party's drinks, bags etc. one by one to another table, and reclaim chairs when one of them needed to use the john etc., until some member of the other party threatened one of your party with violence. Then you punch him and it's on for young and old and every man for himself.

Throw yourself on the judge's mercy. Crying always helps.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 30, 2017

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
You should have hosed them up, really showing the goon in you by not doing so

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

TNO posted:

You were wrong to threaten to kick his rear end. This was an insult to your honor that can only be resolved by pistols at dawn.

To be fair, he is a goon, so his threat to kick their rear end was probably muttered under his breath as he sheepishly walked away to another table after saying "oh no problem guys take the table it's no big deal".

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
wait, op isn't white?

How do i change my vote

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

To be fair, he is a goon, so his threat to kick their rear end was probably muttered under his breath as he sheepishly walked away to another table after saying "oh no problem guys take the table it's no big deal".

Yeah i didnt threaten to kick their rear end that was a bluff. My step dad did though and it was kinda funny in hind sight. My parents are not mean people but the other people were younger in their 20s or whatever and were being disrespectful to their elders etc.

Well you gotta remember the scenario here, when the stuff was at the table, the place was empty. The purses were under the chairs with jackets on them, so it wasnt like super out in the open to take stuff. There were tons of tables open they just chose that one, and were dicks about it.

Also it was a classy vene the Iowa History Museum. Super classy.

And no i cant fly and shoot rockets its total bullshit.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Your parents had to stand up for you. Lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The trashy people are the ones arguing with strangers in public and threatening to beat them up, op, so you and your parents

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
only faux paux is leaving witnesses in a self defense situation

OP should have locked the doors and set the building on fire, carrie style

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Im trying to envision the "iowa history museum" and am just imagining its some polaroids someone took of des moines in the 70s after they just added their 3rd intersection

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Yeah i didnt threaten to kick their rear end that was a bluff. My step dad did though and it was kinda funny in hind sight.

So why did you write that you did in the OP.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

I'm guessing the point of the Iowa story is how cool it is to be able to leave valuables unattended without worry of theft

reaped again

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Where I live I'm pretty sure you would have gotten a medal for marching them out into the parking lot, making them kneel down, and executing them one by one with the handgun of your choice. If one survived they'd be charged with assault and disturbing the peace.

Yee-haw. :clint:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Your stepdad sounds like a moron if he had to pull out the rear end whoop card over a snatched table. And you don't have any high ground because people who think they can save their seats by leaving their stuff on top of it are wrong.

Why didn't the event have personal lockers? For shame Iowa

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Toadvine posted:

Your stepdad sounds like a moron if he had to pull out the rear end whoop card over a snatched table. And you don't have any high ground because people who think they can save their seats by leaving their stuff on top of it are wrong.

The first part is pretty accurate but personal lockers? Do you go to "events" regularly in a prison or a public pool or something?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Yea I party

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

To be fair I think he only brought it up after they started getting snippy with them. I arrived to the table late as I was taking a pees.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
They were mostly in the wrong. The correct way to deal with people who have left their poo poo piled up to "mark their spot" is to knock their stuff to the floor in order to indicate that they should gently caress off.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You should have complained to the maitre d'hotel that some rogues had snuck in and taken your reserved seating.

If there was no maitre d'hotel or assigned seating I can only assume there is no rule of law in your dive bar and you should all be rounded up for vagrancy regardless.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Jastiger posted:

To be fair I think he only brought it up after they started getting snippy with them. I arrived to the table late as I was taking a pees.

drat you didn't mention they were being snippy.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah being snippy is a huge deal. People have been slain for less.

I didnt think it was unreasonable to have that stuff at the table. Instead of apologizing and asking if they could stay it seems they just got all nasty. Fuckers werent even eating anything, just sitting in our spots.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Yeah being snippy is a huge deal. People have been slain for less.

I didnt think it was unreasonable to have that stuff at the table. Instead of apologizing and asking if they could stay it seems they just got all nasty. Fuckers werent even eating anything, just sitting in our spots.

You're still being kind of a baby about it though. Yeah it was rude but you could have very easily just grabbed your stuff and moved to another table, especially since it sounded like you were hardly using it anyway.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Jastiger posted:

I come over to find my parents literally chewing these people out over being rude since they just kinda took over.
not literally

Jastiger posted:

They countered that you cant' reserve tables and that its fair game and that we had no right to "save a seat" like we did.

they're right. shoulda got a locker

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

You're still being kind of a baby about it though. Yeah it was rude but you could have very easily just grabbed your stuff and moved to another table, especially since it sounded like you were hardly using it anyway.

We were on our way out at that point and ended up leaving.

So the proper protocol according to Señor rear end is to tactically withdraw if someone acts without honor?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol locker. This was a food and drink tasting at the Museum not a pop up concert or outdoor event.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jastiger posted:

So the proper protocol according to Señor rear end is to tactically withdraw if someone acts without honor?

No, like I said, call them out on it and make a big show out of getting your stuff out from under them so they look like the assholes. To everyone else you guys looked like the aggressors and the ones making a big deal out of nothing.

Also don't you constantly rage against "honor culture" or whatever you think the dirty Southerners adhere to?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Jastiger posted:

looks at these subhuman people sitting at a seat we aren't using and actually don't need anymore, they are such jerks - a retard from iowa

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Jastiger posted:

So you were arguing over seats that you weren't using and were not going to be using.

Riding public transportation in Iowa must be a goddamn thrill a minute.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Lol locker. This was a food and drink tasting at the Museum not a pop up concert or outdoor event.

then you shoulda checked your coats and bags not left them lying around

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Maybe you should have used your cavernous anus for storage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Toadvine posted:

then you shoulda checked your coats and bags not left them lying around

Agreeing with this.

• Locked thread